Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Deified Data posted:

I would kill for some sort of function that let you save custom formations, at least on a per army basis. I don't know how swapping out units or losing units would effect that. Or at least some means of automatically entering checkerboard.

Controls question - in videos when I see people move their grouped armies they seem to be able to move the highlighted placeholder wherever they like facing the same direction the army is currently facing. Are these people just using the arrow keys or is there some mouse combination that makes this possible? I've always found giving your army move directions even when locked to be terribly unreliable. Like you'll highlight a location and it'll be a mile off and turned 90 degrees from what you intended or something.

Hold alt.

Also all of the "advanced" controls for this stuff is listed in the settings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
In shogun 1 and medieval 1 I toyed with the group formations. At the time it was a simple X/Y array with an obtuse unit type naming system. At the time I didn't know poo poo about code.

I merely know poo poo about code now, but I reckon it'd be a lot easier for me to decipher.

When we had loose formations you could make a quick checker-board by drawing a loose line and then turning off loose.

It's too bad I don't have the time to gently caress with the knobs and poo poo. loving fatherhood.

In other news the baby is shaking his head at me now so I'm teaching him to shake his head with his tounge out while saying whaaaag. So my question is is that a soft A or a hard A?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
It's soft, as in 'aw'

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

DiHK posted:

In other news the baby is shaking his head at me now so I'm teaching him to shake his head with his tounge out while saying whaaaag. So my question is is that a soft A or a hard A?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXCLtD5batc&t=12s

Starts at 12 seconds in case it doesn't do it automatically. A right proper orky WAAAAAAAAGH

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
If you can teach your baby to say waaagh as his first word, please record it and send it everywhere.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
I'd like to think it won't be hard, whaaaaag is barley a word anyway.

Right now he barely up to waving bye bye so how mimic is still weak and impressionable.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

I wonder how they'll balance the Bretonnia campaign. As it stands you're isolated from any westerly threat, and Marienburg is usually interested in the easier Middenheim/Reikland pickings. Now that I think of it, have they said that Bretonnia will be playable in the grand campaign or am I just assuming that?

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

Aurubin posted:

I wonder how they'll balance the Bretonnia campaign. As it stands you're isolated from any westerly threat, and Marienburg is usually interested in the easier Middenheim/Reikland pickings. Now that I think of it, have they said that Bretonnia will be playable in the grand campaign or am I just assuming that?

Make you the main target of the Viking hordes from day one?

Unending Varg/Skaeling stacks landing in your capital province. Have fun.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

They've said they will be. Playing as Brets will probably either buff the other faux French factions, or maybe you'll find some Eastern humans inexplicably balls deep in your provinces like the early Chaos starts.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

I don't think CA will give much of a poo poo about balance. Brets might be okay as a legit easy-mode, which the game is currently kinda missing.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
Started out as Empire, did well for the most part and trounced all the Chaos armies but had clearly not done a good enough job expanding and confederating empire provinces so when it was time to go for the long victory Bretonnia, my staunchest ally thus far, started confederating at an incredible pace, turned on me and force marched a shitload of armies all over me.

I then installed some choice mods, many thanks for the tips on better magic and no forced march!

Doing VC now and it might be that I've just learned a few lessons but the start felt WAY easier than Empire, economy is a lot easier to get going and everything but dwarves break leadership and start routing so fast I often don't incur losses to anything but my tarpit units even against stronger armies. Autoresolve being what it is has made me a lot better at battles too and pulling off a heroic victory against the dwarven neighbours with a clearly inferior army was some of the most intense fun I've had with a strategy game ever, only unit I lost completely was a stack of bats and they lost longbeards, quarrelers and hammerers by the hundreds. Praise the Varghulf and that lore of death spell that decreases armor, attack and vigour in an area!

DiHK posted:

Soft but it's kind of a misnomer because you're also supposed to say it like a death metal vocalist.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
I hope they will do something with the Mousillon vampires when they release Bretonnia.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
If they ever get around to releasing Wood Elves and/or Beastmen it could go a long way towards making Brettonia more interesting to play. They did say they were releasing the FLC race towards the end of the year, so it's not impossible that there will be one or more paid DLC factions added before Brettonia.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Rygar201 posted:

They've said they will be. Playing as Brets will probably either buff the other faux French factions, or maybe you'll find some Eastern humans inexplicably balls deep in your provinces like the early Chaos starts.

I suppose this is the most obvious answer. The idea of balance just seemed more egregious in my mind because all the factions are so different, unlike previous TW games. Tokugawa vs. Shimazu start, etc.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

madmac posted:

end of the year

:eyepop:

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

madmac posted:

If they ever get around to releasing Wood Elves and/or Beastmen it could go a long way towards making Brettonia more interesting to play. They did say they were releasing the FLC race towards the end of the year, so it's not impossible that there will be one or more paid DLC factions added before Brettonia.

It's probably going to be this. The Brettonians have neighbors; they just haven't been implemented into the game yet.

Archonic
Oct 11, 2003

bury me with it
So after a few false starts (this is my first Total War game) and help from this thread, things finally clicked during my Orc campaign. I've been rompin' with da boyz right through to Archaon's horde in Bretonnia. A pretty idyllic place for my giants and arachnaroks to paste some Chaos warriors.

"SAY MY NAME." :black101:

"SAY. MY. NAAAAAAAME." :black101:

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
I started my forst dwarf campaign, on very hard, had to restart once but the second hard but pretty awesome, will talk more about it later, but I have to share this guy:

Best name ever for a dwarf lord. Don't know why he gained that name but is :black101:

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Friendly reminder that while Trolls are probably the worst monster unit at the moment, they have stupid high Armor Piercing damage. More than the Doom Diver.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Did well early in my last VC campaign, bit now things took a turn for the worse. Greenskins got super powerful and i have a Grimgor and Azhag pair of doom stacks wrecking all the border prince territory i stole fair and square. Both were all legendary items :stare:

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
So I've got a long Greenskins campaign under my belt and a short Dwarf campaign (because the only thing left to do was level up an engineer for absolutely no payoff). Want to try something different. Did you guys enjoy Chaos at all? I'm playing on normal so I'm not sure how many of the Varg and Skaeling horror stories will remain true. Any starting tips?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I've been having trouble with higher tier vc units as well. The wraiths arent nearly as effective as I thought they would be. They're getting chumped like the witch King getting stabbed in the face by Eowyn.

Big monsters are fun to use but make auto resolve a liability.

The crumbling mechanic is annoying because you end up losing the unit outright .

One good thing is it's super easy to have a stack of raise dead chaff that can auto resolve it's way through tough battles. I'm thinking perhaps have my LL with the big heavy hitters backed up by a secondary Lord with skellies n zombies.

Frankly
Jan 7, 2013
Yeah I treat Trolls as really big smashy shock cavalry with the staying power of goblins at the moment. They can absolutely wreck stuff if they can get into it from a flank and they are surprisingly fast, but they also kind of need to hang around their Lord for any extended fights. Definitely not line-breakers like Crypt Horrors can be by any means.

Are Chariots a lot weaker than Rome II? I've tried the Chaos and Goblin varieties but I'm struggling to find a niche for them in my armies. Gorebeasts seem to deal with getting bogged down by infantry with their big AOE knockdowns but I haven't tested them too much. I assume Boar chariots work like Boar boys in that they can deal some pretty devastating charges but are kinda prone to dying a lot otherwise. I really struggled to find a use for Goblin Chariots and Wolf Riders, I guess I need to treat them kind of like dog units - bring lots of them and stop expecting such cheap units to outperform my big hitters

e: ^^I've only really used Kemmler's starting wraiths but they seem good at taking on single enemy elite units or vanguard deployment shenanigans with the Hexwraiths. Cairn Wraiths seem to work pretty well in a siege tower. Whether either unit is actually better than another Grave Guard/Black Knight unit I don't really know though

Frankly fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jun 14, 2016

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Panfilo posted:

I've been having trouble with higher tier vc units as well. The wraiths arent nearly as effective as I thought they would be. They're getting chumped like the witch King getting stabbed in the face by Eowyn.

Big monsters are fun to use but make auto resolve a liability.

The crumbling mechanic is annoying because you end up losing the unit outright .

One good thing is it's super easy to have a stack of raise dead chaff that can auto resolve it's way through tough battles. I'm thinking perhaps have my LL with the big heavy hitters backed up by a secondary Lord with skellies n zombies.

Some points:

It's important to try and manually pull out crumbling units you want to preserve. Take them off the line and park them near your Lord until morale improves.

Pick and choose where the wraiths go. I find they generally work as a weird cavalry. Like cavalry, they move quite a lot faster than normal infantry and have decent ability to break units when attacking from behind. Unlike cavalry, though, they have a completely different set of units they should go after. Avoid anti-infantry damage dealers, and go after thickly armoured units with high armour pierce (but low pure damage) and anti-large.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Deified Data posted:

So I've got a long Greenskins campaign under my belt and a short Dwarf campaign (because the only thing left to do was level up an engineer for absolutely no payoff). Want to try something different. Did you guys enjoy Chaos at all? I'm playing on normal so I'm not sure how many of the Varg and Skaeling horror stories will remain true. Any starting tips?

Pick Kholek, make a second stack on turn one or two.
What i usually do is have your second stack transfer all your starting units into them to save on the time of building their army.

When you awaken a tribe, immediately attack again to subjugate them or you will be dragged into wars between your allies.

Either switch Sigvald in, or make a third stack when you get him.

Once you've subjugated the north it's all smooth sailing and sacking in whatever direction you go.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Frankly posted:

Yeah I treat Trolls as really big smashy shock cavalry with the staying power of goblins at the moment. They can absolutely wreck stuff if they can get into it from a flank and they are surprisingly fast, but they also kind of need to hang around their Lord for any extended fights. Definitely not line-breakers like Crypt Horrors can be by any means.

Are Chariots a lot weaker than Rome II? I've tried the Chaos and Goblin varieties but I'm struggling to find a niche for them in my armies. Gorebeasts seem to deal with getting bogged down by infantry with their big AOE knockdowns but I haven't tested them too much. I assume Boar chariots work like Boar boys in that they can deal some pretty devastating charges but are kinda prone to dying a lot otherwise. I really struggled to find a use for Goblin Chariots and Wolf Riders, I guess I need to treat them kind of like dog units - bring lots of them and stop expecting such cheap units to outperform my big hitters

e: ^^I've only really used Kemmler's starting wraiths but they seem good at taking on single enemy elite units or vanguard deployment shenanigans with the Hexwraiths. Cairn Wraiths seem to work pretty well in a siege tower. Whether either unit is actually better than another Grave Guard/Black Knight unit I don't really know though

If you don't mind a lot of micro, wolf riders are great at harassing the back lines of the enemy. I just had the AI peel off 3 units of dwarf warriors to chase down 1 wolf rider. They are probably only worth using very early in a real army, but you get a lot of practice with them anyway since they are a part of most settlement garrisons. They are also pretty fast so you can charge and disengage quite a few units. It doesn't do much damage but it can stop quarrelers from shooting for a while, and it can help push a unit into routing if you charge their back at the right time.

Likewise I think the bigger chariots are ok if you micro them a lot, but I don't really see a place for them in a really good army (well except for the gorebeast one which has a bugged really really low upkeep which makes it cheaper than a unit of marauders).

I like boar riders more than most, but only as a couple flanking units to support my black orcs and big uns. I think one problem is that people switch to big 'un boar boyz when they really don't have much better stats and they don't come with a shield so they get torn up by ranged units faster. I've been meaning to experiment with all varieties of boar boyz (including savage) but I haven't gotten around to it.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Panfilo posted:

I tried putting them up 1v1 against the types of opponents that you'd think they should be excellent against, like Greatswords or Chaos Warriors w/ Great Weapons. Similar cost units who's strengths don't help much against ghosts. The enemy AP damage doesn't matter since wraiths don't have armor anyways, wraiths themselves can chew through highly armored units, and there's no magic involved. Unfortunately they get ghostbusted every time due to their poor offensive stats and incredibly low hp. They'll get more benefit from invocation of nehek than other undead, but why would you ever use it when you could instead spend those winds on death magic?

If you can get a banner with physical damage reduction I can see wraiths being quite good, but that's not something you can count on, especially in large numbers. I never got any on my VC campaign.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Nasgate posted:

What i usually do is have your second stack transfer all your starting units into them to save on the time of building their army.

When you awaken a tribe, immediately attack again to subjugate them or you will be dragged into wars between your allies.

Once you've subjugated the north it's all smooth sailing and sacking in whatever direction you go.

Yeah Kholek seems like a no-brainer, there was no other choice.

Why would I transfer all my starting units from my original stack to my second one?

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Nasgate posted:

how do i not get rolled by the ~4 stacks from kislev/the other chaos barbarians/the dwarf hold that get sent my way on like turn 8

Sjonnar
Oct 22, 2011

Vargs posted:

I tried putting them up 1v1 against the types of opponents that you'd think they should be excellent against, like Greatswords or Chaos Warriors w/ Great Weapons. Similar cost units who's strengths don't help much against ghosts. The enemy AP damage doesn't matter since wraiths don't have armor anyways, wraiths themselves can chew through highly armored units, and there's no magic involved. Unfortunately they get ghostbusted every time due to their poor offensive stats and incredibly low hp. They'll get more benefit from invocation of nehek than other undead, but why would you ever use it when you could instead spend those winds on death magic?

If you can get a banner with physical damage reduction I can see wraiths being quite good, but that's not something you can count on, especially in large numbers. I never got any on my VC campaign.

That's not what wraiths are designed to kill though. Wraiths are for killing elite low model count poo poo like demigryphs and heroes. Greatswords are a full-size infantry unit, so they outnumber the wraiths, and they're an anti-infantry infantry, so they even get bonus damage vs cairn wraiths, though not against hexwraiths. I would have figured wraiths would at least come out about even vs chaos warriors though, that sucks.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Yeah I've given up on Chaos because everyone in the neighborhood bases all their life decisions on you and your awakened tribes actions and I can't move a half turn away from the beornlings without the beacons of gondor getting lit across the loving continent and six stacks of assholes who should be at war with each other stampeding over to crush them, who then get bashful and forever flit out of range if I'm anywhere in the same zip code

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

President Ark posted:

how do i not get rolled by the ~4 stacks from kislev/the other chaos barbarians/the dwarf hold that get sent my way on like turn 8

You basically need to make a dash (with a sack or two) across Kislev into western Norsca, it's fairly smooth sailing from there. Focus on +growth skills, get a core of warriors into each army, build up your forces until you can reliably autoresolve against Norscans. If the faction you awaken in the east dies, that's alright, you can get them back later. I pacified the north just in time for the AI Chaos stacks to spawn; I crushed them, and now I'm making my way south at a steady pace. Also use the no-aggressive-agents mod.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Deified Data posted:

Yeah Kholek seems like a no-brainer, there was no other choice.

Why would I transfer all my starting units from my original stack to my second one?

When you create a new stack, that new stack has to build their own recruitment buildings. So what you do is make the second stack, have them transfer the units, then start building poison dogs and marauders in your original stack.
You can trade them back once you have two full stacks, but imo, kholek is so strong on his own, the second stack probably needs the special starting units more.

President Ark posted:

I've always killed the dwarf hold by turn 8, and you should be deep enough into norscan territory that kislev won't bother you yourself. They might gently caress your first tribe but that's whatever.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

President Ark posted:

Yeah, after I sacked/awakened/subjugated Bearsonling it just got razed by Kislev. The northern dwarfs were right on top of it too, they were actually racing to see who could gently caress with me first.

My question is what's to stop them from just doing this to every tribe I awaken? I can't just stay and protect them because I assume time is of the essence re: staunching the growth of Varg and Skaeling. Do I just need to keep rerolling from turn one and hope the AI decides to ruin someone else's day?

Nasgate posted:

I've always killed the dwarf hold by turn 8, and you should be deep enough into norscan territory that kislev won't bother you yourself. They might gently caress your first tribe but that's whatever.

Should I just beeline straight for the dwarfs and not bother with Bearsonling then?

Also I notice my units aren't replenishing when I camp. What's going on there?

Deified Data fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jun 14, 2016

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
So I did an ork migration game where i took over the savage orc lands. Man getting biguns, arrers, and boar cavalry from one building that goes only to tier 3 is really, really good.

Deified Data posted:

Yeah, after I sacked/awakened/subjugated Bearsonling it just got razed by Kislev. The northern dwarfs were right on top of it too, they were actually racing to see who could gently caress with me first.

My question is what's to stop them from just doing this to every tribe I awaken? I can't just stay and protect them because I assume time is of the essence re: staunching the growth of Varg and Skaeling. Do I just need to keep rerolling from turn one and hope the AI decides to ruin someone else's day?

Should I just beeline straight for the dwarfs and not bother with Bearsonling then?

Sacking Bearsonling before you subjugate them still only takes like 4 or five turns to get done, so it's good favour, and as you've seen, they distract Kislev pretty well. You can revisit their ruins to re awaken them i think, or hope another awakened tribe eventually takes over.

I generally follow the coast taking out each city, either waiting until the ai messes up or both of my stacks are at 20 to take out the dwarfs for good.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Sjonnar posted:

That's not what wraiths are designed to kill though. Wraiths are for killing elite low model count poo poo like demigryphs and heroes. Greatswords are a full-size infantry unit, so they outnumber the wraiths, and they're an anti-infantry infantry, so they even get bonus damage vs cairn wraiths, though not against hexwraiths. I would have figured wraiths would at least come out about even vs chaos warriors though, that sucks.

Demigryphs vs Cairn Wraiths: Demigryphs lose about 1/3 hp before killing all of the wraiths without any cycle charging at all.
Thane vs Cairn Wraiths: Wraiths baaaaaarely win because the Thane routed, but hp levels stayed similar between the two. This is a multiplayer Thane using a poo poo build, no items, and no magic weapon. The fight takes about a million years to complete. I didn't use any abilities.
Vampire vs Cairn Wraiths: Exact same deal as the Thane. I didn't use any of her spells, which she was specced into.
Chaos Spawn vs Cairn Wraiths: Wraiths get annihilated immediately, barely dealing any damage.

Nah, wraiths seem poo poo.

Vargs fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jun 14, 2016

Frankly
Jan 7, 2013

drat Dirty Ape posted:

If you don't mind a lot of micro, wolf riders are great at harassing the back lines of the enemy. I just had the AI peel off 3 units of dwarf warriors to chase down 1 wolf rider. They are probably only worth using very early in a real army, but you get a lot of practice with them anyway since they are a part of most settlement garrisons. They are also pretty fast so you can charge and disengage quite a few units. It doesn't do much damage but it can stop quarrelers from shooting for a while, and it can help push a unit into routing if you charge their back at the right time.

Likewise I think the bigger chariots are ok if you micro them a lot, but I don't really see a place for them in a really good army (well except for the gorebeast one which has a bugged really really low upkeep which makes it cheaper than a unit of marauders).

I like boar riders more than most, but only as a couple flanking units to support my black orcs and big uns. I think one problem is that people switch to big 'un boar boyz when they really don't have much better stats and they don't come with a shield so they get torn up by ranged units faster. I've been meaning to experiment with all varieties of boar boyz (including savage) but I haven't gotten around to it.

Aight thanks, that seems to make sense. Chariots in general just seem a lot more prone to getting bogged down but oh well monstrous units more than make up for chariots being a bit micro intensive. Kholek and his honour guard of Dragon Ogres are a lot of fun to watch in a siege.

I've only been using the standard boar boys on my Grimgor campaign and I guess I've been expecting ridiculous cav charges like the Empire can produce. They're orcs mounted on pigs at the end of the day, after all

Deified Data posted:

Prepare for mass Marauder Horsemen armies and ridiculous Kislev Pistolier expeditions chasing you across the tundra. Playing on Hard I've made it until the end-game so far as Kholek -

• pick Kholek. He's really killy
  • early game you are super, super vulnerable. Horde mode sucks until you horde buildings and general abilities to fix this, encamp wherever possible to keep your growth rate ticking over
  • The bottom general skill tree is really useful, +growth, +recruitment slots, -ambush chance and Lightning Strike is never not useful.
  • 4-5 units of Dogs are a low-cost solution to mass skirmish cav problems. They're nearly as fast (or slightly faster with upgrades) and will tear them up when they catch them or at least keep them busy while you destroy their general and infantry.
  • Masses of Maurauder infantry are good autoresolve fodder generally and extremely cost effective.
  • Everyone will home in on you, but it helps to dance away a bit in the wastes while you're very slowly recruiting a proper army. The Kislev AI will keep marching at you and get caught up in snow/chaos attrition

And yeah, bearsonling have a terrible position and are really exposed to an early Kislev/Orc/Dorf expedition. I personally awakened Aesling and Sarl and between them they annihilated the Varg and colonized everything in the north before sending armies deep down into the empire before I could even finish off Kislev. And then they went to war against each other because of Trespassing penalties. Haven't tried the awaken/vassal trick yet though

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Vargs posted:

Demigryphs vs Cairn Wraiths: Demigryphs lose about 1/3 hp before killing all of the wraiths without any cycle charging at all.
Thane vs Cairn Wraiths: Wraiths baaaaaarely win because the Thane routed, but hp levels stayed similar between the two. This is a multiplayer Thane using a poo poo build, no items, and no magic weapon. The fight takes about a million years to complete.
Vampire vs Cairn Wraiths: Exact same deal as the Thane. I didn't use any of her spells, which she was specced into.
Chaos Spawn vs Cairn Wraiths: Wraiths get annihilated immediately, barely dealing any damage.

Nah, wraiths seem poo poo.

The damage on their weapon looks to be 6 normal damage and 32 AP. They have medium sized splash that can hit up to 3 targets at once and the usual 3.8 attack interval. The 6 part of that is absolutely terrible, the lowest other than dwarf miners with 5 on their pickaxe. 32 isn't that impressive for AP either. Were you spreading them wide in those fights, so they could maybe wrap around and flank the units/take the most advantage of their splash? Otherwise I think wraiths really do suck since 75% ward save, while really good on heroes/lords, is kind of bad on something with their defensive stats.

Chaos Spawn annihilate them because they have a splash value that can hit 5 targets at once for 1.5x damage with their 110, 40AP weapons. I don't know if there's any weapon modifier shenanigans this time around, but their claws are swords and the scythes are axes.

edit: wait, what, if I'm reading this right apparently the black coach can only collide with 3 targets max? It's the same value as any other chariot though the steamtank has a 4 there. Not sure what that number actually, actually means since it can't mean 3 mens I don't think. Unless it's 3 on the lowest unit size? Though every other value that means number of men traditionally is based off of ultra sizes.

Decus fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jun 14, 2016

Constantine XI
Dec 21, 2003
omg turk rush
For people who find setting up checkerboards tedious, I found a method that makes it a little quicker to set up:

1. Organize your unit cards so that they ordered in alternating melee and ranged, then drag them out in one long line to desired length.
2. Ctrl-select all of the melee unit cards then press 'W' to have them march forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Don't use wraiths as infantry to fight other units in brawls. They are spooky ghosts so you must use them in a spooky manner (they are one of the cheapest units causing terror). Engage stuff from the front with skellymans and deploy wraiths to where ever enemy moral is lowest, terror can cause routs at 1/4 moral even for high leadership units. Make sure your skeletons, bats or zombie dogs chase the terror routed unit so they can't recover then move your spooky wraiths over to haunt some new friends. In quick battle I usually include 3-4 wraiths as VC.

I prefer them to cav in because their small unit size allows them to sneak through small gaps into to rear easily. Also they seem to take much less missile damage. Most importantly everyone brings tons of cheep anti large units which savage cav.

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jun 14, 2016

• Locked thread