Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Blindeye posted:

It really is tempting because I do want a heavy tank trainer on the German line....

In general I've started to find myself enjoying tier 7 more than I should, maybe because trolling the gently caress out of people is easier in tiers 5-7.

The 4503 is probably the better choice between that and the Lowe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Atomizer posted:

The 4503 is probably the better choice between that and the Lowe.

Considering the Lowe sees T10s and the most the 4503 will see is T9s, yeah. Keep in mind it's not an exclusive tank, either - they'll *eventually* add it to the in-game store for gold, and then on top of that, it's a T7 tank so it'll eventually be discounted ~30-50% (more than likely 30).

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Considering the Lowe sees T10s and the most the 4503 will see is T9s, yeah. Keep in mind it's not an exclusive tank, either - they'll *eventually* add it to the in-game store for gold, and then on top of that, it's a T7 tank so it'll eventually be discounted ~30-50% (more than likely 30).

Yeah, but I meant just from a playability/enjoyment standpoint. I mean I don't mind driving the Lowe but I'm not going to pretend it has great armor, DPM, or anything resembling speed. It's an expensive, non-pref 8 and the 4503 is simply a more bearable crew trainer. Considering the German line has quite a few keeper HTs that's not a bad thing to have.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
So more of the sandbox stuff has come out, if you are using a UK tank that uses a 20pdr, get out of it now. Avg damage on 20pdr guns is down to 180, from 230. Also, the ROF didn't increase at all. This leaves the Caern and Cent Mk1 with 1400ish DPM, which is dire.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

CitizenKain posted:

So more of the sandbox stuff has come out, if you are using a UK tank that uses a 20pdr, get out of it now. Avg damage on 20pdr guns is down to 180, from 230. Also, the ROF didn't increase at all. This leaves the Caern and Cent Mk1 with 1400ish DPM, which is dire.
I don't think we should be making sweeping statements like that until there's actually a good, clear big picture of everything the "balance 2.0" is gonna do. Sure, that would be a horrid change in the game as it is now, but since they're supposedly gonna change just about everything we better just wait and see.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
I too like the VK 4503. It's weird, it shouldn't bounce anything but a lot of same and lower tier stuff just seems to glance off. It's probably the odd autobounce angles on the turret for lower calibers paired with lovely accuracy that makes it hard to hit the mantlet that makes it work. It has lovely power to weight ratio but the terrain resistance is super low so it still moves pretty well, and the gun handling really is amazing. The low bloom is obvious but it also aims in really loving fast. It's not the T29, but it gives you a lot to work with. I didn't really get along with the Tiger I for some reason but this works.

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jun 12, 2016

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

CitizenKain posted:

So about the same DPM as the BatChat.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
Object 257, the first IS-7

Queue:
IS-3

Available for request:

:911:
T2E1 Light Tank
Christie Combat Car T1 and Convertible Medium Tank T3
M3 Stuart
M3 Stuart in the USSR NEW

:britain:
17-pdr
Medium Tank Mk.II

:ussr:
LTP
T-37 with ShKAS
T-60
ZIK-20
T-12 and T-24

:sweden:
Otto Merker's tanks
Strv 74

:poland:
7TP
TK-3/TKS

:japan:
SR tanks
Type 95

:france:
Renault NC

:godwin:
PzIII Ausf. A
Leichttraktor NEW

Ensign Expendable fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jun 13, 2016

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Is that your website? I see that someone else is writing those articles so are you translating them?

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
Yes and yes.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Very cool.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
I'm still rear end at this game. If I try to push up on people, TDs kill me. If I play patient instead, arty kills me. If I hide behind cover, I end up doing nothing and waiting for somebody to die so we can do something. Then the enemy team pushes up and then I die.

I rarely have any idea of where the best place for me to be is at any given time. And I'm not really getting any better at figuring that out. But arty is some really obnoxious poo poo. I get the whole "don't push up without vision and your team" thing, but then if you hang back and slowly advance, you just get blasted by artillery instead. Obviously there is something I'm still missing here. Probably Sixth Sense. WHY THE HELL DOES IT TAKE FOREVER TO GET JUST ONE SKILL ARGH

The grind is insane. In WoWS you get the Sixth Sense perk on your first captain skill, which usually comes after ONE game (if you buy a 1 skill captain for a pittance of credits, you don't even have to wait!).

Refried Noodle
Feb 23, 2012

How many games have you played? Map knowledge and situational awareness takes time in this game.

What helped me was taking some time to watch streamers, and trying to figure out what they do when and why. I enjoy SirFoch and To some extent Circon, but YMMV.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Was doing amazing in the 50 120. 60% winrate for the longest time. Home stretch, 20k xp to go. Lose practically every game horribly. Wins go down to 54%.

Now I have the 50 b and I still can't win for poo poo. I'm down in the 40s.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Ban this sick filth. Also ramming my way past LT7.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Ramsus posted:

Was doing amazing in the 50 120. 60% winrate for the longest time. Home stretch, 20k xp to go. Lose practically every game horribly. Wins go down to 54%.

Now I have the 50 b and I still can't win for poo poo. I'm down in the 40s.

The 50B is very good at doing damage but it can't carry for poo poo because literally everyone focuses it and it has no armor. You need a platoon.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
Can anyone tell me how many shells the USSR premium IS-2 can carry? Just had a battle where I think the enemy one ran out of shells, because he did nearly 4k damage but shot HE at me at the very end. He fired 24 shots before I killed him.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Valle posted:

Can anyone tell me how many shells the USSR premium IS-2 can carry? Just had a battle where I think the enemy one ran out of shells, because he did nearly 4k damage but shot HE at me at the very end. He fired 24 shots before I killed him.

http://tanks.gg/wot/tank/is-2-ru

28, so it's very possible he was out of real shells

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
Thanks! Yeah, I think the default loadout for tanks is something like 75% AP and 25% HE, so his last 3 shots were like HE. Poor bastard...he did more damage than me even, and either of us did over twice as much as anyone else. That'll teach him to change the default loadout though :smuggo:

Edit: After lots of back and forth, I've finally been told that despite being gone for 240 days, I cannot become a recruit. The first guy who replied to me asking about why I couldn't be a recruit, said it was because I'd logged in the on the first of this month. I replied that I had done no such thing. He replied, apologizing for having done a mistake, as he was "looking at the wrong information". However, he could tell me that the reason I couldn't be recruited, was that my account is shown as a recruiter. And recruiters cannot become a recruit, so there's the problem!

Except...I never recruited anyone? So I replied saying as much. Adding that the info page for this whole shebang says recruiters can check the status of their recruits on wargaming.net, but when I logged in there was no such info. A different guy got back to me this time, and told me that: "Unfortunately the title "recruiter" is placed on players accounts after they have met a threshold of battles. After looking at your account, I do see that you have passed that threshold and your account has been given the title "recruiter". I completely understand the frustration that this may cause you, and I can assure you that there quite a few of us here at support trying to get this changed."

Welp, that's the first I ever heard of how an account with a certain number of battles played can no longer become a recruit, even if it's idle for over 60 days. So I asked if they could tell me more about this unheard of threshold: "Every week our automated system checks account statuses and has the potential to make a player into a recruiter. Battles fought is one of the leading factors of these changes. Because the automated system changed your status to a "Recruiter," you can no longer be recruited by another player. You (as a Recruiter) and any other player who is a Referrer cannot recruit a fellow Referrer. The amount of time spent inactive (240 days) isn't a factor because our system sees that you have played in the past."

So...I guess the info on the Refer a Friend is wrong/missing some key parts. And since this is an automated system without any tells, there is no way to know if you're currently flagged as a recruiter or not, except by trying to have someone send you an invite or opening a ticket.

tl;dr: The Refer a Friend system is a bit hosed up, and not as easy as it seems.

Valle fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jun 13, 2016

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Honestly, it's Wargaming, did you expect anything different?

Edit: I updated my modpack for the micropatch, so if anyone still playing this dead gay game wants it let me know.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jun 13, 2016

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I never asked before because I know nothing of Latin. But does "per aspergers ad statstra" something close to, "Through the aspergers we gain stats"?

Maimgara
May 2, 2007
Chlorine for the Gene-pool.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I never asked before because I know nothing of Latin. But does "per aspergers ad statstra" something close to, "Through the aspergers we gain stats"?
Yes, it's a play on "Ad Astra per aspera", which means through difficulties to the stars.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_astra_(phrase)

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
That's pretty clever. And accurate.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Which guild is the best goon guild?

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
http://eu.wargaming.net/clans/500020034/ It's [UKIFA]

Soulfucker fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jun 14, 2016

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

On NA? Here's your choice:

http://na.wargaming.net/clans/1000011433/

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
So it appears pubbies have forgotten how to shoot KV5s. I say this because I marched right down the middle of Sand River dealing out 3k damage and having 1.5k bounce off me. Good times. Still a fun tank. Are the Czech tanks any good? Some of them looking interesting, but with a SP 1C and a Chi Ri sitting in my garage I have enough poor/mediocre tanks to finish.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

rex rabidorum vires posted:

So it appears pubbies have forgotten how to shoot KV5s. I say this because I marched right down the middle of Sand River dealing out 3k damage and having 1.5k bounce off me. Good times. Still a fun tank. Are the Czech tanks any good? Some of them looking interesting, but with a SP 1C and a Chi Ri sitting in my garage I have enough poor/mediocre tanks to finish.

The tier 6 czech is great fun with the 3 round autoloader. I've heard good things about the T 9 & 10 as well.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

So it appears pubbies have forgotten how to shoot KV5s. I say this because I marched right down the middle of Sand River dealing out 3k damage and having 1.5k bounce off me. Good times. Still a fun tank.

They buffed the R2D2 so that now for lower tier tanks, even straight-on shots to it can fail to pen. Tier 8s and 9s should still be able to go through easily enough, but those tanks could already just go through the turret face for an easier shot.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

It doesn't accept applications tho

http://worldoftanks.com/en/community/accounts/1002206353-Gvaz/

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Jun 14, 2016

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Yeah, we turned that off because we don't want pubbies applying, and especially ones not in on the joke.

I sent you an invite which you have to accept on the site (or maybe in-game nowadays.)

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Hellsau posted:

They buffed the R2D2 so that now for lower tier tanks, even straight-on shots to it can fail to pen. Tier 8s and 9s should still be able to go through easily enough, but those tanks could already just go through the turret face for an easier shot.

They buffed the R2. Amazing. That thing was always bait for pubs if I couldn't hide it. Just wiggle side to side.

Scapegoat posted:

The tier 6 czech is great fun with the 3 round autoloader. I've heard good things about the T 9 & 10 as well.

Thanks...the random autoloaders looked pretty cool and the tier 8 looks to get a nice 320 damage boom stick, although on what I assume is a poo poo chassis, bad soft stats and truly awful DPM.

Kerrow
Mar 18, 2011

ZERO-G HERO
Thinking about selling both E 50 and T110E5.

I loved then M103 and ended up with around 60% winrate in it, but I just can't get a break in the T110E5. I don't know if green name in land of tomatoes is such a massive arty target or something, but I'm currently sitting at 37% win rate and its just not fun. Plus it's a terrible credits sink.

The E 50, I enjoyed the whole panther line, but I just can't get it to work either. The gun is fantastic but the thing is just too big and the armor, beside angled front upper plate isnt THAT great.

I'm loving the Skoda T25 but can't imagine myself grinding through the mediocre tier 7 and 8. Same with Cromwell, fun fast tank that turns into slower one at higher tiers.

Is the obj.416/T-54 line fun?

Maybe I'm just bitching about everything, because in reality I hate this game, but I'm not willing to admit it.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Kerrow posted:

I loved then M103 and ended up with around 60% winrate in it, but I just can't get a break in the T110E5. I don't know if green name in land of tomatoes is such a massive arty target or something, but I'm currently sitting at 37% win rate and its just not fun. Plus it's a terrible credits sink.

Don't sell your T110E5, it's at the moment by far best T10 heavy tank, AND best T10 medium. Really, this thing is OP as gently caress.

Refried Noodle
Feb 23, 2012

Maybe you just don't like tier ten? I know that's why I don't enjoy objectively good tanks like the e5 and is-7.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009

Thanks...the random autoloaders looked pretty cool and the tier 8 looks to get a nice 320 damage boom stick, although on what I assume is a poo poo chassis, bad soft stats and truly awful DPM.

Yeah pretty much, the 88mm is better in pretty much every way except damage. If you use the stock turret, you also pick up some extra gun depression in exchange for ~100 dpm.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I haven't played tier 10 since we did clan wars. No real need for me. Just a big money dump.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
E5 is great rejoin 2PAC

Tite-Dent
Oct 21, 2005

McGavin posted:

Honestly, it's Wargaming, did you expect anything different?

Edit: I updated my modpack for the micropatch, so if anyone still playing this dead gay game wants it let me know.

Please upload it, I can't play tanks without your modpack!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Kerrow posted:

please dont make bad decisions in the internet tank game