Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is it with Draymond Green and other dudes' balls?
This poll is closed.
Daddy issues 14 7.91%
He just loves snatching stuff out of the cookie jar 14 7.91%
Tom Izzo taught him the art of being a fucker 23 12.99%
Dray is the kind of guy who'd rush into the tail end of a fight and brag about how he beat the poo poo out of everybody 32 18.08%
He's just a horrible human being because you don't mess with another man's balls 23 12.99%
After seeing the line drive Juan Uribe took yesterday what Green does is nothing 16 9.04%
He was inspired by old Mr. T memes as a wee child 17 9.60%
BALLS LOL!!! 38 21.47%
Total: 79 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

E2M2 posted:

Warriors definately missing Draymond's defense out there

Nobody covers the ball like Draymond

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
GS actually not looking all that great out there according my stats of the current score and literally nothing else

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ramadu posted:

So you can get 6 common fouls, which is what you're hearing when they say someone has 3 fouls. If it's egregious they can call a technical foul or especially bad a flagrant foul. Flagrants come in 1 or 2, a flagrant 2 is an auto ejection.

Flagrant 1s and 2s are almost exactly yellow and red cards respectively.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

FIRST TIME posted:

I don't really follow basketball but from what I can tell, it's this idea that advancing the ball directly to the hoop should be rewarded more.

It's like the people who want to make NFL field goals worth more if you kick them from closer range.

Ehhh, it's not so much that as it is frustration with a team that has basically become the first to "break" basketball by fully exploiting this inefficiency that has existed for awhile. Morey has tried it with the Rockets, but he doesn't have good three-point shooters. It's hard to complain about without sounding like a "get off my lawn" old man though.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

TBeats posted:

Nobody covers the ball like Draymond

Throatzilla

Jesus Rocket
Apr 25, 2003

nachos posted:

The Warriors are shooting 30 footers and the cavs are matching them shot for shot with normal offense and yet it feels like the cavs are on the unsustainable streak

Warriors literally have the best two 3 point shooters in NBA history so yeah.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Moxie posted:

the toilet paper roll was used to wipe butts and is upset

I'm the overtly yonic hotdog buns

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

KLAY NO MERCY

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

klay is better than steph

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Love shot = my life

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Jesus Christ Klay

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Chokes McGee posted:

I've never understood this.

I mean... three pointers are like the hardest shot. Right? Because it's so far out.

So it's a bad thing they're winning by hitting a bunch of difficult shots? :confused:

There are a few different angles of complaint. The most justified is that making the intelligent choice to take the shot that's worth more has erased a big chunk of the floor, and all the skills that went with getting good midrange shots, hook shots, scoops, etc.

The emotional argument is just that when they make a lot crazy threes the other team is basically helpless and can't win. Reasonable, but dumb, obviously

There are ideas floating around about moving the line further out, eliminating the short corners. But I think this is jsut the state of things

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
LeBron has loving shown up tonight, I'll give him that

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

nachos posted:

The Warriors are shooting 30 footers and the cavs are matching them shot for shot with normal offense and yet it feels like the cavs are on the unsustainable streak

yeah but cavs are gonna win, lebron is lowkey dominating. if not I'll accept responsibility for the jinx

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

WienerDog posted:

A screen shot would even do. That was perfect.

I missed it and twitter doesnt seem to have it???

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS
OK, so I know some of you hate GS, but I'm getting pumped with these 3s

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Clv falling apart

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

illcendiary posted:

Ehhh, it's not so much that as it is frustration with a team that has basically become the first to "break" basketball by fully exploiting this inefficiency that has existed for awhile. Morey has tried it with the Rockets, but he doesn't have good three-point shooters. It's hard to complain about without sounding like a "get off my lawn" old man though.

The fact is GSW just happens to have the best shooters of their sort in decades, possibly ever, both on the same team.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The king is here

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lol

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

dear oh dear

Tetrix
Aug 24, 2002

give me each team over 120 please

Piggles
Oct 10, 2006

Wilson with the Hail Mary to Tate!
The defense. It is good.

It is literally too much a liability to have both irving and love on the field at the same time

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Dear God, that's just unfair.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
They are completely unguardable

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

This is hosed up

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
goddamn love you are SO DUMB

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Chokes McGee posted:

LeBron has loving shown up tonight, I'll give him that

Yeah but these days, that just means he's gonna be completely exhausted by the end of the 3rd.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The fact is GSW just happens to have the best shooters of their sort in decades, possibly ever, both on the same team.

Pretty much, I don't necessarily think it's worth changing basketball over. It's going to make the next decade loving painful to watch though. Moving the line back would just make them more dominant.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Brolander posted:

goddamn love you are SO DUMB
he did fine there?

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
This game is over as soon as the cavs cool off

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Sony conference is over and the game is still close.

Win Win

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Moxie posted:

the toilet paper roll was used to wipe butts and is upset

I think looking at the shape of the toilet paper roll that it actually fell in the toilet and is upset about that.

I am going to see this movie.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
lebron locked in. grown man jumpshots

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

klay on fire and marshawn next door

just what wheez wanted

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

The Duggler posted:

Sony conference is over and the game is still close.

Win Win
any good announcements?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Meanwhile at O. Co. Draymond Green and Rougned Odor workshop new ways to inflict genital trauma on their opponents

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS
I'm really impressed with this now, the fact it's been GS dropping 3's for ages now and it's still so close thanks to Lebron, Major respect or him.

Jesus Rocket
Apr 25, 2003
Why would Klay be the one bleeding if he was cutting people up? You IDIOT!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Lockback posted:

They are completely unguardable

That was a good challenge by Love too. It's just impossible unless you're a giant limbed person.

Realistically the Thunder and Spurs are the only teams that can guard them at all, and the Spurs are pretty spotty there too.

• Locked thread