Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Wanamingo posted:

Inspector Danger

"No doubt- it's Ted DiBase!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cDWPvhiPWg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

My Lovely Horse posted:

I particularly like that the gocomics page has a whole cast section featuring the most generic set of character achetypes you could imagine and Charles de Gaulle.

Thank god they provide a description for Charles de Gaulle or I'd have no hope of remembering the most famous Frenchman of the 20th century.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

My Lovely Horse posted:

we're not even past the setup yet

Well, Jam did say in the Gocomics comments a couple weeks ago that he's working on getting Edge out twice a week, but Mark Trail takes most of his time.

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost
Not Including Luann, 9 Chickweed Lane, Nancy, Piranha Club, Mike duJour or Rose is Rose- Quite Possibly the Worst Comic in the Thread, or, Gasoline Alley

Phoebe and her Unicorn, or, Heavenly Nostrils

Middle School Action Comics!, or, Big Nate

Descent into Madness, or, Ziggy

Ye Olde Fox Trot

Best Comic in the Thread, or, Cul de Sac

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

My Lovely Horse posted:

I particularly like that the gocomics page has a whole cast section featuring the most generic set of character achetypes you could imagine and Charles de Gaulle.

Also that out of all those we've so far seen Sam and very briefly Collin.

Also that it's trying for pulp adventure but from the cast list comes off more like Danger Mouse.

e: holy poo poo

we're not even past the setup yet

Felix Eboue didn't sound like a made-up name to me. Turns out, yup, he was governor of Chad. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F%C3%A9lix_%C3%89bou%C3%A9
I don't think Dr Clawburg is real, though.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

gleebster posted:

I don't think Dr Clawburg is real, though.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

I was thinking Inspector Gadget but that's much better.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set debates the nature of age.

Working Daze is back to smug nerdity. Also Vertigo is DC.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix is other people.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Evil Mastermind posted:

No real comic book fan would answer this question without an extended rant about how they're all awful.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

goatface posted:

No real comic book fan would answer this question without an extended rant about how they're all awful.

Citing issues that came out just last week to demonstrate that he reads them and thus is capable of giving an informed opinion about how lovely and unreadable they are.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

goatface posted:

What pisses me off the most about today's WD is the loving smug pose. Like he's a sophisticated comic book reader who is above the petty company wars of the philistine lesser fans. I just want to punch that smug loving face.

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

Outbursts of Everett True

And He Did.

Guess If They Are Married!

Whoops Sisters

Good Time Guy (click for big)

Dave’s Delicatessen (click for big)

Mopsy

Feiffer (click for big)

Jaf

Wee Pals (click for big)

Mr. Tweedy

Andy Capp (click for big)

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Evil Mastermind posted:

It is a trick question, but the actual correct answer is that they're all inferior to manga. :japan:

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Command Ant posted:

It is a trick question, but the actual correct answer is that they're all inferior to manga. :japan:

Which is inferior to Donald Duck comics, assuming they are drawn by Carl Barks, Don Rosa (whom I met once, really cool guy) or Marco Rota!

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Moomin

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Slammy posted:

Feiffer (click for big)

Times never really change, do they?

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Gil

Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

Heaven's Love Thrift Shop

These warnings about the shop closing are starting to get serious. :ohdear:

9 Chickweed Lane

Pibgorn Wahoo Terminal

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth
Victory Lap commencing.

Yeeeeeeees! :neckbeard:

Johnny Walker posted:

I noticed you didn't post Jungle Jim, and I remember you didn't really want to keep doing that for long anyways, so I thought I'd add it to my Sunday rotation. It works for me because two of the comics I post don't have a Sunday anyways.

I was planning to post it this week, and then I completly forgot. I'm perfectly happy with you taking it over, though. I have more than enough comics to post, but I still want to read it. :)

quote:

Jungle Jim

So I guess we'll just see how this not-at-all-white-supremacist adventure goes.

:stonklol:

Luann

Nice of the school to put a dumpster in the hall just for this purpose.

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

Go ahead and chance it. What are the odds of your teacher reading all the way to the end of every one of your class's novels?

The Heart of Juliet Jones

That person probably wanted his lawn driven on, expert driver.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo (June 14 and 16, 1958)

Peanuts: Year Five (January 10-12, 1955)

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

RandomFerret posted:

It's funny, I had never heard of Ballard Street before I starting posting in these threads. I came in at the tail end of one, and I read through the first 300 pages first, where I fell in love with this weird one-panel that nobody seemed to understand. By the time I got to the end of the thread, the person who had been posting them had stopped, so I picked it up. I originally just came here to post Pooch Café.

You know he's just a dog, just take the rifle man... just do it...

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Selachian posted:

Well, Jam did say Mark Trail takes most of his time.

How? It's not like he needs to come up with jokes or anything, and other than the Sunday strips the drawings don't seem to be at all detailed (or consistent). I can't believe it takes him more than a day to get a whole week's worth done. Is he just saying that to justify whatever they're paying him?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

All according to keikaku

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Aardmania posted:

Maybe they all go to college together, we gain some new secondary characters, they turn the shop into an ill-defined venue, they go to New York...

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Working Daze

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Viivi & Wagner

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Bloom County (yesterday)

Skippy (April 16, 1929)

Peanuts (June 17, 1969)

Cranky Shafterbean

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (June 3-4, 1929)

The January 1, 1930 Thimble Theater is missing.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Aardmania posted:

Heaven's Love Thrift Shop

Maybe the comic changes its setting from a thrift shop to college, like when Beetle Bailey moved from college to army.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

I feel like HLTS is going to end :( the shop maybe closing is a little too on the nose.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Johnny Walker posted:

"Except at that one place where it was wide open with the airplane and stuff but forget about that it's much safer to try to dive into this underground river and hope there's 1) an opening big enough for all of us to get through, 2) that it leads to a place with air, and 3) eventually leads to an exit and doesn't just go deeper and deeper until it reaches somewhere where we cannot continue."
Two days later:

Carina: This looks like an old copper mine that was abandoned due to volcanic activity!
Gabe: Hey! Maybe we should we try this door that says "Elevator To Surface"?
Mark "Bad Idea" Trail: No, I think we should try fording this river of lava and look for a passage leading further down.

I hope there's a story arc in the future where a weeping Mark reveals to Cherry and Rusty that he's actually an MBA and doesn't know anything at all about being an outdoorsman. His last name isn't even "Trail", it's "Bergerfuller". All those naturalist speeches on Sundays come from secretly reading a Wikipedia article about something and then droning on about it. What happened was he just bought a tan shirt one day and the other guys starting teasing him that he looked like the crocodile hunter guy and, well....

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
"This cave smells a bit funny and it's hard to breathe where it gets dark. Carina, give me that randomly placed branch so that I can light us a torch!"

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Two months later Mark and the gang will emerge in the South China Sea in one of those Chinese-built sand islands.

Gabe: "What's this? An artificial island?"

Carina: "Looks like it's made up of 90% styrofoam and other assorted trash."

Mark: "Did you know China has owned these major island bases for over 5000 years? The imperialist cronies of the unnamed country are trying to illegally sow discord and disrupt the harmony of peaceful Sino-Asian relations!"

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
"Mark Trail: the Goofus years" could be a much more interesting strip.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Still catching up on this thread! Here's two weeks' worth of Pickles:

Pickles

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

Comics Kingdom and I apparently aren't getting along today, so please excuse the slightly different size formatting.

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You've gamed those faces, right?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's :catdrugs:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Alright, let's get some Dog Comix going again.

Pooch Café

And just as I was contemplating dropping this strip entirely, it goes into reruns. It was in the middle of a storyline, too. I hope everything's okay.

Ballard Street

I don't know how Jerry Van Amerongen gets away with stuff like this, I'm just glad he does.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

Wallace the Brave

Dadding Badly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (May 22, 1951)