Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

GonSmithe posted:

Sushi draft is an official Wizards sanctioned format.

always force B.C. Rolls and White Tuna

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

The Shortest Path posted:

I don't think a restaurant that does that actually exists, it was a joke post.

A very good joke post, though.

oh, sorry he said it was in Jersey and well, i expect the worst from jersey

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
What are the best anti mill hate cards in modern besides just playing a 1 of ROE eldrazi?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Elixir of Immortality and Gaea's Blessing are both pretty decent I guess?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

mcmagic posted:

What are the best anti mill hate cards in modern besides just playing a 1 of ROE eldrazi?

Is mill such a big thing in your meta or what?

Leyline of s and Wheel of Sun and Moon.

Sickening fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jun 14, 2016

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

mcmagic posted:

being trained in karate

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

mcmagic posted:

Wheel of Sun and Moon?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Shuffling your entire sideboard into your deck.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
best anti-anti-mill card is deffo telemin performance

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Sickening posted:

Is mill such a big thing in your meta or what?

Leyline of s and Wheel of Sun and Moon.

3 guys brought it to the last modern night heh.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

mcmagic posted:

3 guys brought it to the last modern night heh.

I feel like it just dies to burn, play burn.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Sickening posted:

Nah Burn is boring. I'm playing Bant Eldrazi. Probably going to throw a Kozilek in there since I have an outside chance of casting it on 10 if I should draw it. .

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Nah Burn is boring. I'm playing Bant Eldrazi. Probably going to throw a Kozilek in there since I have an outside chance of casting it on 10 if I should draw it. .

i'm not gonna judge you but maybe don't play the card that mills you 4 if you cast it, cause by the time you do cast it you're gonna be at less then 20 cards most likely

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i have never lost to mill, thanks to my powerful karate, and also my ability to play mtg

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

i have never lost to mill, thanks to my powerful karate, and also my ability to play mtg

The newer mill decks aren't terrible. Especially against midrange decks without much interaction.

mandatory lesbian posted:

i'm not gonna judge you but maybe don't play the card that mills you 4 if you cast it, cause by the time you do cast it you're gonna be at less then 20 cards most likely

The point is not to draw it... I guess I could play the old Ulamog.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

mcmagic posted:

Bant eldrazi does not seem all that fun either. But that would allow you to run leyline at least.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Gaea's Blessing is superior to Kozilek because if you draw it, it does something. Run a pair so you can cast one on the other when you draw both!

http://magiccards.info/tsts/en/77.html

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Sickening posted:

Bant eldrazi does not seem all that fun either. But that would allow you to run leyline at least.

Leyline is so terrible though. And you have play 4 in the board.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Plus Guay art.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

mcmagic posted:

Leyline is so terrible though. And you have play 4 in the board.

Jund is out there in numbers and it shuts down a lot of combo. It is a sideboard slot hog for sure, but its not in a bad place right now.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

mcmagic posted:

The point is not to draw it... I guess I could play the old Ulamog.

you were the one who mentioned being able to play it!

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Just stuff an Ulamog in there and call it a day.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Sickening posted:

As a guy running Mill most of the time, I'm much more worried about Affinity or Infect. Bogles too, any fast aggro matchup is a pain for Mill especially if they're not splashing white for Path. And even then those are still bad matchups.

For Burn if you can get off one Crypt Incursion you're set. Unless they're playing some sort of weird creatureless Burn, which I don't even think is a thing.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Has anyone ever lived the dream of quadruple Archive Trap off a turn one fetch?

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

The Shortest Path posted:

Has anyone ever lived the dream of quadruple Archive Trap off a turn one fetch?

Yes and it's as great as you'd think.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Mikujin posted:

Yes and it's as great as you'd think.

I can only imagine the facial expression absolute despair is

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Count Bleck posted:

It was pretty great since he was on the mull to 6 and had like 2 cards left, neither of which was a land he could fetch for.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
In other draft related discussion, Forced Fruition is a dumb, dumb, dumb card and I can't believe I got one fourth pick.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Mikujin posted:

It was pretty great since he was on the mull to 6 and had like 2 cards left, neither of which was a land he could fetch for.

Wait, wouldn't you have to wait for the search to finish to trigger the trap condition?

legoman727 posted:

In other draft related discussion, Forced Fruition is a dumb, dumb, dumb card and I can't believe I got one fourth pick.

I still can't believe I actually beat this card once.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

legoman727 posted:

But your opponent gets to draw 7 cards, not you! That's really bad, don't you know what card advantage does?

i mean yeah your opponent gets to cast a total of 3 spells after Fruition resolves and then they can never cast another spell, but still, card disadvantage man

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Some Numbers posted:

Wait, wouldn't you have to wait for the search to finish to trigger the trap condition?
My turn 1, his turn 2 (I had to wait for him to crack his first fetch). I guess it's not technically a turn 1 play but it may as well be given he'd done nothing else.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Mikujin posted:

My turn 1, his turn 2 (I had to wait for him to crack his first fetch). I guess it's not technically a turn 1 play but it may as well be given he'd done nothing else.

No, I mean that Archive Trap says "If an opponent searched his or her library this turn," so doesn't that mean that you'd have to wait for him to crack his fetch and get his land in order to play the trap for free?

Or am I misinterpreting you? Do you mean that he had two fetches and couldn't find anything with the second one?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Some Numbers posted:

No, I mean that Archive Trap says "If an opponent searched his or her library this turn," so doesn't that mean that you'd have to wait for him to crack his fetch and get his land in order to play the trap for free?

Or am I misinterpreting you? Do you mean that he had two fetches and couldn't find anything with the second one?

Basically, your opponent goes to fetch eot, does so, passes priority to confirm your turn is ending, and then you kill him.

logis
Dec 30, 2004
Slippery Tilde

legoman727 posted:

Yeah, I've beat it once. He played it, I played a common to kill it. Oblivion Ring, DRAW 7

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Some Numbers posted:

You're right, the fetch has to resolve first. Even if they fail to find Archive trap still works though.

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

Count Bleck posted:

Basically, your opponent goes to fetch eot, does so, passes priority to confirm your turn is ending, and then you kill him.

Yah but Mikujin said that the opponent failed to find due to all of their lands being milled away. So either they had 2 fetches or there is a rules misunderstanding.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Some Numbers posted:

Bolded.

I have however triple Archive Trapped someone on T0 and that is just as rad.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I kind of want to see a T0 quad archive trap answered with "exile simian spirit guide, ritual, ritual, past in flames..."

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Jabor posted:

I kind of want to see a T0 quad archive trap answered with "exile simian spirit guide, ritual, ritual, past in flames..."

Not exactly sure how you could win because the Traps would have to resolve before Past in Flames.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Count Bleck posted:

https://clips.twitch.tv/jeffhoogland/ElegantGiraffeBrokeBack

• Locked thread