Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TK_421
Aug 26, 2005

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Len posted:

Nah. I don't have the energy to replay every level that many times.

Does anyone know how to destroy the towers on stage 5 yet?

My buddy just got a card that reads "sabotage the disarming field on stage 5". I've got all but 8 cards now, earlier today he had all but 3. I fear it may be rigged as the last card to drop.

Edit: it was the second to last.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I am about to head on a road trip - are there any good kid-friendly games that have come out in the last year for Android? I am looking at something playable for kids 6 and under. The games will be running on a 1st gen Google Nexus tablet.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Ragequit posted:

I am about to head on a road trip - are there any good kid-friendly games that have come out in the last year for Android? I am looking at something playable for kids 6 and under. The games will be running on a 1st gen Google Nexus tablet.

You can't go wrong with Minecraft if it will run on that tablet.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

uPen posted:

You can't go wrong with Minecraft if it will run on that tablet.

it should, you'll have to turn all the graphics etc down, it has run on my old kindle, so I assume a 1st gen nexux will work as well.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:
Nonstop Knight seems to be crashing all the time for me now. Is this happening to anyone else?

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
My daughter loves Angry Birds Go.

Ota_Himuro
Jan 13, 2008

A wild SANDBREAD appears!
Space Hulk got a stealthy release on the play store!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hoplite.spacehulk

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

Ragequit posted:

Any Toca Boca game is great for kids and there are a ton of them now...

Toca Boca on the Play store.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

Is this as slow and clunky as the PC counterpart?

I love me some space hulk, got the limited edition board game, even tried playing the "NOT SPACE HULK" game that was mentioned in this thread a couple years back but with it being NOT SPACE HULK it didn't have the same WH40K charm.

So yeah, i'm about to buy this but with just one review i'm waiting til someone can confirm or deny my concerns on how this runs.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Ragequit posted:

In addition to the Toca games mentioned above, the Endless series of games are fun and educational, Thinkrolls and Thinkrolls 2, and some of the PBS Kids games depending on what they like. My daughter enjoys Fruit Ninja too.

edit: the Endless series games are not cheap to unlock though.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

dpack_1 posted:

Is this as slow and clunky as the PC counterpart?

I love me some space hulk, got the limited edition board game, even tried playing the "NOT SPACE HULK" game that was mentioned in this thread a couple years back but with it being NOT SPACE HULK it didn't have the same WH40K charm.

So yeah, i'm about to buy this but with just one review i'm waiting til someone can confirm or deny my concerns on how this runs.

It looks and sounds like the first Space Hulk that released on PC. Which is a shame because Ascension is the better game. If that had multiplayer it would have been fantastic.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

It must be some kind of limited beta release. It's "incompatible with all my devices" which doesn't sound right. It also only has 10-50 installs.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.

Ha, says it's compatible with my ancient Kindle Fire running a custom ROM, but not may brand new Note 5. Yeah, someone made a mistake somewhere.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
I am sure it will be compatible once the price goes up to $19.99.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

For what its worth, its only compatible with my Shield tablet which runs just about everything... I'm about one google fun buck short so I'll wait and see.

The Lemondrop Dandy
Jun 7, 2007

If my memory serves me correctly...

Wedge Regret

Vykk.Draygo posted:

In addition to the Toca games mentioned above, the Endless series of games are fun and educational, Thinkrolls and Thinkrolls 2, and some of the PBS Kids games depending on what they like. My daughter enjoys Fruit Ninja too.

edit: the Endless series games are not cheap to unlock though.

I can attest to how wonderful the Toca Boca, Endless, and Thinkrolls games are. I also recommend:

Pipi Longstocking's House; many minigames, fully voiced, charming as all getout: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=se.filimundus.pippivvkhd&hl=en

Pango land; one app in a series by Studio Pango. Many may be too young for your kid, but this one is reminiscent of the "Life" series of games by Toca Boca: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.studiopango.pangoland&hl=en

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
What are some good Diablo-like games for Android?

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Meta Ridley posted:

Titan quest is coming out for Android soon. The iOS version is already out.

It does not include the expansion or practically any of the additions from PC patches, and right now has a nasty tendency to wipe out progress by reverting to old saves, but hopefully those are both addressed in time.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

Enigma posted:

Titan quest is coming out for Android soon. The iOS version is already out.

It does not include the expansion or practically any of the additions from PC patches, and right now has a nasty tendency to wipe out progress by reverting to old saves, but hopefully those are both addressed in time.

Sort of a tangent, but there was one thing they did in Titan Quest that I wish just about every other game would grab on to. I liked that there were buffs that cost a constant chunk of your MP and didn't need to be refreshed or anything. Like, you partitioned off 10% of your mana bar to have fire damage added to your melee.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Regarding kids games, if you like Toca Boca games look for Sago Mini. Both have some free non-demo games in the Amazon Underground app store, and both tend to offer a free full version once a month or so in the Play store.

I suggest Sago Mini Space Explorer:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sagosago.SpaceExplorer.googleplay

Because every kids game should have a few hidden fart jokes.

It's free on Amazon Underground, I think. Sago Mini and Toca Boca have the same owners now. It's a toy company that is trying to bring back Meccano sets (Erector Sets) into popularity.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Meatwave posted:

Regarding kids games, if you like Toca Boca games look for Sago Mini. Both have some free non-demo games in the Amazon Underground app store, and both tend to offer a free full version once a month or so in the Play store.

I suggest Sago Mini Space Explorer:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sagosago.SpaceExplorer.googleplay

Because every kids game should have a few hidden fart jokes.

It's free on Amazon Underground, I think. Sago Mini and Toca Boca have the same owners now. It's a toy company that is trying to bring back Meccano sets (Erector Sets) into popularity.

I almost recommended Space Explorer, but there's really not much to it. It gets old pretty quick. A two or three year old might enjoy it for a little while, but a kid pushing six probably wouldn't.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

Sort of a tangent, but there was one thing they did in Titan Quest that I wish just about every other game would grab on to. I liked that there were buffs that cost a constant chunk of your MP and didn't need to be refreshed or anything. Like, you partitioned off 10% of your mana bar to have fire damage added to your melee.

That's what Path of Exile does too for their auras.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

I made a thread for Light, Fellowship of Loux for people interested in those kinds of games (Summoners War, Heroes Charge, Seven Knights etc)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Heads up, you can get 500 Amazon coins (among other things) from the current Humble Bundle (https://www.humblebundle.com/) if you spend at least $1. Had some coins left over and got Minecraft for my kids.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Meta Ridley posted:

Marvel Future Fight might make you happy.

e: wow, inserting a link via my phone was hard as gently caress

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jun 14, 2016

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
The amazon coins are worth nothing in Canada. I still picked up the bundle for the other stuff, and you do get a bunch of chests for Pathfinder, and beta access to Super Senso.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Marvel Future Fight goon thread

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

What are some good android rpgs that aren't ports? All the lists of best rpgs I find are of stuff I can get for PC or are rereleases. I already have some roguelikes so I don't need suggestions for those, but good strategy or jrpgs would be appreciated.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

Gyre posted:

What are some good android rpgs that aren't ports? All the lists of best rpgs I find are of stuff I can get for PC or are rereleases. I already have some roguelikes so I don't need suggestions for those, but good strategy or jrpgs would be appreciated.

I really liked Final Fantasy Dimensions. It really is a full scale Final Fantasy game, even if it's a bit B-Tier.

The Doom and Destiny games are both pretty good. You can get them on Steam, but I'm almost positive they were on mobile first.

Also, any Kemco game would be a decent B-level JRPG. They are definitely not AAA releases, but you can tell they put a poo poo load of time and care into them.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Blades of Brim gets another endorsement from me. It's seriously one of the best endless runners I've played. I haven't even used an in-game revive and I still can usually get to the 3rd difficulty before I run out of lives/screw up. I mean Subway Surfers can be fun in short bursts, and Temple Run 2 while it has nice graphics if you max it out, it's quite boring. I just can't seem to stop playing Blades of Brim.

And no, I am not an employee of SYBO. I didn't even hear about it until this thread.

Seems the "Best" RPGs on Android are those that are ports from other systems. One port I wouldn't overlook is The World Ends With You, solely because it's a great game. The Android port makes it feel like a whole new game. It has quite a bit of changes from the DS version, but the story will be the same. The graphics have been touched up. They are a bit more cel shaded than the DS game but they still look stellar. The Soundtrack only had a couple of additions, and a song was changed, but it's still amazing. The gameplay of course is where it's at. It's easier to handle the controls when you don't need to worry about passing the puck around or trying to control both your partner and yourself at the exact same time. It just works.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
The devs behind Subway Surfers actually have a new RPG out now called Dawnbringer which features an open world mixed with Infinity Blade-style combat.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
I'm really enjoying lost frontier. If you're a fan of the advanced wars style you should definitely pick it up. Thanks whoever pointed it out.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Silly Burrito posted:

Heads up, you can get 500 Amazon coins (among other things) from the current Humble Bundle (https://www.humblebundle.com/) if you spend at least $1. Had some coins left over and got Minecraft for my kids.

Thanks for this. It's basically a bundle that pays for itself.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
Plus, Monster Hunter Generations Demo Code...

:circlefap:

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Oh boy, i didn't know there's an Android monster hunter coming out... I'll patiently wait but that sounds great

Edit: nevermind, it's got 3ds but that's still cool. I like that bundle.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

mrkillboy posted:

Also out for fighting game fans, this BlazBlue game.

This game is sweet. Lots of functionality even for F2P, including like 8 possible characters with unique movesets. A good game. Any other goons playing this?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Has anybody tried the port of Jagged Alliance 2? because it looks really good.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Flesh Forge posted:

Has anybody tried the port of Jagged Alliance 2? because it looks really good.

Whaaaat?

e: Oh I found it. I thought it would run on an emulator or something but there it is, someone ported it.
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/jagged-alliance-2-now-on-android.70548/

SpaceGoatFarts fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Jun 16, 2016

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
How's that Pathfinder game? I ditn't know it existed until the humble bundle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

Hugoon Chavez posted:

How's that Pathfinder game? I ditn't know it existed until the humble bundle.

I just played a bit of it, now that I got the 40 chests...

It's pretty okay. I've never played the card game before, but it's pretty clearly just the card game in an app form.

I've just played through the tutorial, but essentially there's a deck that has the encounters you'll go through and a deck for each of the characters in your party. You flip an encounter card and then use the cards from your character deck to handle whatever popped out.

It's pretty well balanced. As far as I can tell, it's free in a more like a traditional old school shareware sort of way. You get the first few adventures, then you can pay to unlock the rest. There isn't any kind of stamina or currency you have to have to invest in to be successful. The chests are new cards for your deck, but it's not like you don't have a deck already to start with.

Like I said though, I've only played the tutorial, so I could be completely full of poo poo.