Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Getting hit in the head a bunch gives you a really bad headache later on though. I've never been actually knocked unconcious but I can't imagine how you must feel the next morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Dangersim posted:

Getting hit in the head a bunch gives you a really bad headache later on though. I've never been actually knocked unconcious but I can't imagine how you must feel the next morning.

I haven't been knocked unconscious either, but I've taken head shots that had a day-after effect that was indistinguishable from a hangover.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
I've been knocked out a pile of times and had many other bonks on the noggin and the effects last for weeks if not months at this point.

Like my doctor told me "try to avoid brain injuries"

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Zzulu posted:

Lets discuss nutshots

I'm for them

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Dangersim posted:

It loving sucks. The times I've been knocked unconscious I didn't remember how they happened, nor do I remember being in pain when coming to, but I recall feeling fuzzy and sensitive to light and headachey the next couple of days.

Being concussed is boring because your mom takes away all of your video games so you don't get CTE.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

-Atom- posted:

Bunch of hardcore motherfuckers in this thread that get physical so often they can differentiate between pain in all aspects of the body.

I, too, am shocked that the UFC thread might include a fair number of regular posters who have trained striking and sparred on occasion. How unexpected.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Keg posted:

It loving sucks. The times I've been knocked unconscious I didn't remember how they happened, nor do I remember being in pain when coming to, but I recall feeling fuzzy and sensitive to light and headachey the next couple of days.

Being concussed is boring because your mom takes away all of your video games so you don't get CTE.

Yeah that sounds like it really sucks.

I just remember coming home from hard sparring sessions and laying on my couch with my head feeling like it was about to explode. Thinking "Wow this can't possibly be good for me."

Dangersim fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jun 14, 2016

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

CommonShore posted:

I haven't been knocked unconscious either, but I've taken head shots that had a day-after effect that was indistinguishable from a hangover.

Yeah a hangover is a good way to describe how it feels

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I've never been knocked out in my life But one time I stood up too fast and fainted. And dude. Not for ONe Meeellion dollars would I let Mark Hunt call me gay slurs on Facebook.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

david carmichael posted:

I've been knocked out a pile of times and had many other bonks on the noggin and the effects last for weeks if not months at this point.

Uh, you need to gtfo

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

i've never trained or sparred but I had a concussion when playing football and it was the worst week of my life. I literally sat in a dark room drifting in and out of naps for 72 hours straight.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Got my rear end knocked around during sparring one day when a guy hit me with a clean cross on my temple. I was wobbly and seeing stars, needed to rest a bit, etc but thought I was fine. Rest of the week I had a nasty headache and my jaw felt pretty sore. Hope there's no lasting damage!

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Dangersim posted:

Yeah that sounds like it really sucks.

I just remember coming home from hard sparring sessions and laying on my coach with my head feeling like it was about to explode. Thinking "Wow this can't possibly be good for me."

Was your coach rubbing your back while you laid on them?

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

david carmichael posted:

I'll be at the ufc this weekend. Please do not hit me in the face. Or body.

What about the Nuts

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

"I'm loyal to my team, they've been with me since day 1. We're the best in the business. We don't need nobody else" - Conor McGregor

http://www.mmamania.com/2016/6/14/11931844/pic-conor-mcgregor-hires-jiu-jitsu-wizard-train-him-nate-diaz-rematch-ufc-202-mma

iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here
So about the Guida/Diaz backstage fight. Who else is generally disliked by everyone in the MMA world? Only other person I can think of beside Guida is..Tim "The Maine-iac" Sylvia.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

iLikeMidgets posted:

So about the Guida/Diaz backstage fight. Who else is generally disliked by everyone in the MMA world? Only other person I can think of beside Guida is..Tim "The Maine-iac" Sylvia.

Lloyd Irvin

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

iLikeMidgets posted:

So about the Guida/Diaz backstage fight. Who else is generally disliked by everyone in the MMA world?

:ortiz:

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
War machine

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

John Kavanagh ?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Joe Son Josh Grispi Mike Kogan

Kurohashi
Sep 8, 2005

*waddle waddle*
Amazing how Bisping dug himself out of that list he was on for almost all of his career.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

JaySB posted:

"I'm loyal to my team, they've been with me since day 1. We're the best in the business. We don't need nobody else" - Conor McGregor

http://www.mmamania.com/2016/6/14/11931844/pic-conor-mcgregor-hires-jiu-jitsu-wizard-train-him-nate-diaz-rematch-ufc-202-mma

JaySB posted:

John Kavanagh ?

lol

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

JaySB posted:

Hiring someone specific to help you improve in a certain area is not even close to leaving your team.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Gabe Ruediger

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Josh Koscheck

mewse
May 2, 2006

Jo Calderwood fights this weekend :allears:

e: ooo and Randa Markos

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Its Barn Cat Weekend!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Nierbo posted:

Its Barn Cat Weekend!

Hell yeah!

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

iLikeMidgets posted:

akiyama disrespected the children

randy couture is kind of a piece of poo poo if you know about his real personality

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

iLikeMidgets posted:

jason mayhem miller

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

-Atom- posted:

Bunch of hardcore motherfuckers in this thread that get physical so often they can differentiate between pain in all aspects of the body.

no offense but i know all that stuff and my fighhting experience is restricted to the schoolyard and maybe a few cheeky elbows during a bike race

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

david carmichael posted:

stay safe. if anything you should avoid it because it slows your training down recovering from concussions 6x a year

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Concussions are really bad, unlike nut shots.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12d95-zBRzc

This is old but there's some great moments. Like 11:40 when that guy pretends to be hector lombard and leaves a message on askrens voice mail. Had me cracking up

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

-Atom- posted:

I know it's really weird that I would know that pain in my leg is different than pain in my face.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

iLikeMidgets posted:

hector lombard

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

1st AD posted:

I know it's really weird that I would know that pain in my leg is different than pain in my face.

I dont wanna brag but ive been beaten up dozens of times

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Cyber Dog posted:

Hiring someone specific to help you improve in a certain area is not even close to leaving your team.

Have you even been concussed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

I've never practiced BJJ or any grappling, so genuine question here to all the BJJ and grappling experts.

Will Conor working with Dillion Danis do much or anything at all to help him with the gap in skill between him and Diaz in BJJ? It doesn't seem like a few months of training would be enough to help Conor if the fight goes to the ground again.

I think it's a bit weird so many media outlets and fans are focusing on the bjj aspect of the rematch, as Conor lost that fight on the feet. The rear naked choke was just what finished the fight.

• Locked thread