Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Gibbo posted:

Did what?

I poopsocked my way into top10 on the hc ladder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Well then, someone might want to verify this before anyone decides to go DW Lacerate:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4nxuws/bug_lacerate_attacking_with_offhand_mace/

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

TheRat posted:

We did it team

how come it doesn't say (dead)

Hauki
May 11, 2010

TheRat posted:

We did it team

did etup make it to top 10 twice

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down
Yes, of course. The dude has socks surgically attached to his rear end.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Ultima66 posted:

Well then, someone might want to verify this before anyone decides to go DW Lacerate:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4nxuws/bug_lacerate_attacking_with_offhand_mace/

Ok I just checked this out myself. It looks like this is indeed a bug with Lacerate. However, it goes away if you put your sword in the offhand and your mace in the main hand. This means you can't use Scaeva, since the good thing about Scaeva is the crit chance in main hand. So, find a crit sword that's not Scaeva, or use Sword + Shield.

E: my proof here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeaUlEU3s4o

Ultima66 fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Jun 14, 2016

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Hauki posted:

did etup make it to top 10 twice

no, pptup isnt etup

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I am really enjoying this league. After perandus I am somewhat burnt out on grinding high level maps, so chasing prophecies all over merc has been nice. Also got the 36 challenges done, without hitting 90.

Now I am working towards getting currency to play life based bladefall trapper. Going way way out of my comfort zone on that.

devilmouse
Mar 26, 2004

It's just like real life.
Challenges seem remarkably easier this league. Trying to figure the four I'll skip and currently thinking: two endgame grinds, maps from map bosses, div cards, and the unique strongbox.

What are other people thinking?

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008

funmanguy posted:

I am really enjoying this league. After perandus I am somewhat burnt out on grinding high level maps, so chasing prophecies all over merc has been nice. Also got the 36 challenges done, without hitting 90.

Now I am working towards getting currency to play life based bladefall trapper. Going way way out of my comfort zone on that.

Wow, what did you skip? I'm guessing: endgame grinds, 90, maps from map bosses, and twinned maps?

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008

devilmouse posted:

Challenges seem remarkably easier this league. Trying to figure the four I'll skip and currently thinking: two endgame grinds, maps from map bosses, div cards, and the unique strongbox.

I think endgame grinds and maps from map bosses are a given.

You can't really plan around unique strongbox. Assuming you're in the guild, people will usually share their 2nd+ unique strongbox.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

devilmouse posted:

Strongbox one is pretty easy this league, they bumped their spawn rate significantly and there is at least one prophecy that gives you one for free.

e; Plaguemaw quest chain gives you a unique strongbox.

devilmouse
Mar 26, 2004

It's just like real life.

The March Hare posted:

Strongbox one is pretty easy this league, they bumped their spawn rate significantly and there is at least one prophecy that gives you one for free.

It's not ANY unique strongbox though, it's only the Warbands ones. I was briefly very excited when I opened the plaguemaw one. :(

edit: the warbands ones and the new ones in 2.3.

devilmouse fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jun 14, 2016

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008

The March Hare posted:

Plaguemaw one doesn't count- it has to be one of 6 "standard" unique strongboxes for the challenge. That also means you can't get the challenge from something like Oba's.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I've still never seen a unique strongbox :(

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
Oh, live and learn I guess, I got the challenge done before I did plaguemaw so I guess I just got very lucky~

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I got one warbands box and insta-ripped because gently caress warbands

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

The Real Foogla posted:

gently caress warbands

This is an opinion that I agree with.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

devilmouse posted:

Challenges are getting easier and easier every league. Lol if you cant do 36

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009

Ultima66 posted:

You won't hit crit cap, and you won't get to cap with AM either. A 10% base crit sword needs 850% increased crit chance to hit crit cap. Twin Terrors is 125, Disemboweling is 135, Fatal Blade is 110, Eagle Eye is 32. 3 Power charges is 150. This adds up to 552, so you'd need 300% increased crit chance on gear to hit crit cap. With only 1 ring giving crit, you should expect ~100% increased crit chance on gear, giving 75% crit chance. You can hit crit cap with Rat's Nest + 2 Diamond Rings + Maligaro's Virtuosity + Crit neck with AM, but there's no need to get to crit cap, you'll need the hat to cover resists unless resists on your other gear is insane, and Voidheart is way better than any Diamond Ring.

Also Vulnerability vs Assmark won't be a huge difference in damage. Vuln doesn't increase damage from Hatred or chaos, which is around 40% of your total damage. It will however buff your bleed/poison damage.

Good point about Vulnerability. I'm actually going to end up using the Increased Critical Strikes gem, though, which will allow me to hit slightly over 85% crit chance before gear with the Scaeva I have currently. A perfect Scaeva would make that just shy of 90% before gear, for reference.
That's not including a 20% quality Increased Critical Strikes Support (since that would be pretty low on the list of upgrades to spend my meager funds on). I'm expecting to use Maligaro's Virtuosity, and between that and a single piece of crit jewelry I was lucky enough to find, I'll be capped.
Past experience with Crit Reave characters has led me to find that consistent critical strikes are the most important factor for improving clearspeed, even if you get a bit less raw DPS. It's also way more satisfying to play :unsmigghh:

That being said, the difference between Vulnerability and Assassin's Mark will take some multi-faceted mathing to determine. If the difference between the two is not very great, I may settle on Assassin's Mark purely for the extra charge generation source, in case I'm in a stun immune map or something.

Edit:

Ultima66 posted:

Ok I just checked this out myself. It looks like this is indeed a bug with Lacerate. However, it goes away if you put your sword in the offhand and your mace in the main hand. This means you can't use Scaeva, since the good thing about Scaeva is the crit chance in main hand. So, find a crit sword that's not Scaeva, or use Sword + Shield.

E: my proof here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeaUlEU3s4o

This is a really crummy bug, hope it gets fixed soon. I'm glad it's not affecting Reave at least.

Tykero fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jun 14, 2016

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm perfectly okay with how the challenges are right now, there's only a few 'gently caress you' tier challenges and you can skip those to get the monkey. You still have to play A LOT to get all of the items.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Got my first Core map today. I forgot to start recording until Phase 2, but here is Jeb vs Malachai:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6bhJCHLxKA

Nezkar
Nov 6, 2012

soscannonballs posted:

Got my first Core map today. I forgot to start recording until Phase 2, but here is Jeb vs Malachai:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6bhJCHLxKA

Jeb strats are my favorite, just stand in it.

also he is throwing a lot of raisins at you.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Just started playing this game again after a long break. Is anyone else having real bad performance issues that they didn't have before? The game is crashing a lot more and taking twice as long to load zones.

Elerion
May 31, 2011
The game has been getting progressively less playable over the last 10 patches, and is now at the point where I don't even bother playing in groups unless I'm just trying to do a daily or whatever. Last season I even had to abandon a summoner character altogether because it was lagging even solo.

If I could play this game at 60+fps lag free, I would spend far more time and money on it.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Do you guys play on potatoes? I'm running max settings at 144fps on 1440 monitor.

J
Jun 10, 2001

I'm not playing on a potato (GTX 970, 4790k, 8GB ram, SSD) and the game's performance is definitely worse now than it ever has been for me, aside from the initial load to log in screen which is much faster. I still get these microstutters sometimes when hitting a decent size pack of mobs, and every now and then I get this kind of freeze for 5-10 seconds. 2 patches or so ago I was crashing to desktop semi frequently, but the last few patches seemed to have resolved that. Compared to perandus league, I'd have some relatively minor fps drops here and there on perandus packs, but the overall performance of the game was better and never crashed or froze like this. They definitely have some work to do on this preloading business they changed with 2.3.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
I have the same setup (without the SSD) and have the same problems. Perandus never gave me any problems, but this league is awful.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Nezkar posted:

Jeb strats are my favorite, just stand in it.

Jeb is a mess

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.
I've never had performance issues (a-har), but started joining Zana rotations recently and holy hell, I'm lucky to get 6fps when in a group of six skill spamming lunatics.

Is that pretty much the same for all? I'm not running on a potato here, this is a half decent rig.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

RossCo posted:

I've never had performance issues (a-har), but started joining Zana rotations recently and holy hell, I'm lucky to get 6fps when in a group of six skill spamming lunatics.

Is that pretty much the same for all? I'm not running on a potato here, this is a half decent rig.

Not terribly surprising. At least you don't freeze for 30 seconds whenever a party member zones in wearing every piece of MTX imaginable (/me looks at the rest of you fuckers)

Voxx posted:

Jeb is a mess

Jeb needs to stop putting lovely music in his videos.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Voxx posted:

Jeb is a mess

Jeb is a waste wait which thread am I in again

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

whypick1 posted:

Jeb needs to stop putting lovely music in his videos.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

J posted:

I still get these microstutters sometimes when hitting a decent size pack of mobs

Are you on lockstep? This isnt graphical performance, its network lag. Lockstep freezes your screen if you're lagging.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx

J posted:

I'm not playing on a potato (GTX 970, 4790k, 8GB ram, SSD) and the game's performance is definitely worse now than it ever has been for me, aside from the initial load to log in screen which is much faster. I still get these microstutters sometimes when hitting a decent size pack of mobs, and every now and then I get this kind of freeze for 5-10 seconds. 2 patches or so ago I was crashing to desktop semi frequently, but the last few patches seemed to have resolved that. Compared to perandus league, I'd have some relatively minor fps drops here and there on perandus packs, but the overall performance of the game was better and never crashed or froze like this. They definitely have some work to do on this preloading business they changed with 2.3.

They're actively looking for information from people that are still having problems. According to them, the preloading thing helped 99% of users (including myself, my computer is a little better than yours, but I've been playing without a single issue all league), and they need more info to figure out the few remaining problems.

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down
In cali, a comcast backbone to networklayer (the poe service provider) has been consistently having packetloss issues for the past few days. This has been causing disconnects and loading delays for me but none of those 10s freezes.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
It's a weird packet thing for me since I can sit in town and have my frames and ping spike really bad. I don't get it in any other game.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

hi liter posted:

Just started playing this game again after a long break. Is anyone else having real bad performance issues that they didn't have before? The game is crashing a lot more and taking twice as long to load zones.

It's mostly because they added background preloading to the game. Try appending --noasync to the end of your shortcut.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
Which ascendency should I use for softcore EQ? I went Champion last league and really liked it, but the always on fortify seemed redundant since I wasn't really bothered by using leap slam+fortify+faster casting (which is what I was doing before I got that last always fortified node).

I can't decide between Slayer and Juggernaut, slightly leaning towards Juggernaut. Thoughts/opinions?

Edit: Performance; I've heard that their new sound engine might be causing some of these issues, a podcast I listen to suggested turning off reverb. I haven't tried it yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J
Jun 10, 2001

TheRat posted:

Are you on lockstep? This isnt graphical performance, its network lag. Lockstep freezes your screen if you're lagging.

Yeah I'm on lockstep, but those stutters never happened before 2.3.

• Locked thread