Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Finster Dexter posted:

I'm thinking of using Lone Wolf/R2-D2 Luke for a 35pt aces tournament tomorrow.

If it's single ship, the answer is always Omega Leader with Juke, Comm Relay, and Stealth Device, unless the organizers were smart enough to ban him.

If they allow him, you either run OL or you run something that counters OL. He's too good 1 on 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Strobe posted:

Guri, PTL, AT is 35 points isn't she?

Auto Thrusters don't really do much in this format but I suppose you've got to use the points.

Guri is probably the best ace but she's laughable compared to Luke or Omega Leader who's bonkers.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Almost done with this guy. I think I've listened to most if not all of Asimov's Foundation and Empire on audiobook throughout this model so there's a solid 7-8 hours into it lol. I really should've played this guy at the games and stuff regional last weekend, oh well. Whether or not a TIE v1 is still good by next year, who knows, but I'll play with it anyway. I don't want to get a whole lightbox and camera setup prepped until I get the whole squad done, and I think the phone's sense of light/white balance might be thrown off by the painted reflections. The only other note is that the horizon line for the wing struts is too extreme at 45deg and prob should be 30deg but I wanted something that could be obviously seen to not be horizontal when viewed from afar. The jade green might be the wrong choice - idk if it should be a different tone of green or if it should be a blue instead. I might do a diffuse OSL.

Chill la Chill fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jun 14, 2016

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

:eyepop:

Looks really nice, good work!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

ConfusedUs posted:

If it's single ship, the answer is always Omega Leader with Juke, Comm Relay, and Stealth Device, unless the organizers were smart enough to ban him.

If they allow him, you either run OL or you run something that counters OL. He's too good 1 on 1.

Soontir wins that matchup in most cases, because he just arcdodges OL forever and wins on points.

Or TLT miranda.

Chill la Chill posted:

Almost done with this guy. I think I've listened to most if not all of Asimov's Foundation and Empire on audiobook throughout this model so there's a solid 7-8 hours into it lol. I really should've played this guy at the games and stuff regional last weekend, oh well. Whether or not a TIE v1 is still good by next year, who knows, but I'll play with it anyway. I don't want to get a whole lightbox and camera setup prepped until I get the whole squad done, and I think the phone's sense of light/white balance might be thrown off by the painted reflections. The only other note is that the horizon line for the wing struts is too extreme at 45deg and prob should be 30deg but I wanted something that could be obviously seen to not be horizontal when viewed from afar. The jade green might be the wrong choice - idk if it should be a different tone of green or if it should be a blue instead. I might do a diffuse OSL.

Noice.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Any advice? Like color choice or whatever? I'm always looking to improve so criticisms are great. Should I have gone with a more obvious woodgrain paneling? (lol it would look like those old stationwagons)

e: shiiiiit, the lower gold box on the right wing has this gigantic brown stripe. It looked smaller before, ugh. Gotta clean that up, it's hideous

Chill la Chill fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jun 14, 2016

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

The only thing I'm not sure about is the turquoise blue on the engine , to be honest. It seems a bit flat compared to everything else. The grain on the brown seems fine as far as I can see (also, note, I'm not a great painter).

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The only thing I'd say would be that the whole thing looks a little too busy - a couple too many colours - and particularly the turquoise blocks on the back look a little out of place.

But generally, it looks very good.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

thespaceinvader posted:

Soontir wins that matchup in most cases, because he just arcdodges OL forever and wins on points.

Not in my experience, but it's definitely possible.

TLT Miranda is a PITA though. It's hard to punch through that regen. :)

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

thespaceinvader posted:

The only thing I'd say would be that the whole thing looks a little too busy - a couple too many colours - and particularly the turquoise blocks on the back look a little out of place.

But generally, it looks very good.

Yeah color choice for me has always been p bad and I do agree it's too overpowering. Might try for a darker blue instead. This is why I tend to do graffiti work since I can jump from color to color and still have it look right.

Tekopo posted:

The only thing I'm not sure about is the turquoise blue on the engine , to be honest. It seems a bit flat compared to everything else. The grain on the brown seems fine as far as I can see (also, note, I'm not a great painter).
It's a color test for now. Would a darker green work to tone it down to match everything else? I think it might be nice to do a more neon color to juxtapose the drab golds/browns/reds. (see this is where my love of pastels gets me again)

the lower gold box on the right wing is bugging me now though. Look at how huge that brown stripe is, ugh

Chill la Chill fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jun 14, 2016

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Local group did a "master/apprentice" format for a beer league night. The idea is that you build a squad, designate one ship as a "master", and at the end of the activation phase you can designate a friendly ship at range 1 as an "apprentice", who picks up the master's pilot ability for a turn in addition to their own.

There were some funny, totally broken pairings. Like Wampa as master with Chiraneau as apprentice (with palp on board), so that every turn any ship in their arcs will eat 2 unblockable damage through their shields.
Also, Omega leader with pretty much any other ship

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

ConfusedUs posted:

It will be 1v1v1v1. Each person starts in a corner. I have a feeling that if I bring OL or Inq that I will get teamed up on.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

In a 4 player game OL will get clowned on unless you can avoid engaging until at least one ship dies.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Would Carnor be a good idea? If you park next to someone I'd think other aces would hammer that guy who can't use tokens rather than shoot at you.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

PTL Carnor is a solid idea.

But I suspect Soontir would probably take this format.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I'd go VI Vader.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

thespaceinvader posted:

PTL Carnor is a solid idea.

But I suspect Soontir would probably take this format.

That was my first thought, actually, but I've been using Soontir a fair bit locally and thought I might change things up.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

ConfusedUs posted:

I'd go VI Vader.

TLT miranda murders Vader.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.

thespaceinvader posted:

TLT miranda murders Vader.

I think TLT Miranda murders pretty much everyone here. You have to worry about getting focused down, but that's more social engineering and less gameplay. As much as I love Scoots, he doesn't have the HP to survive something like that.

Actually, PS8 Poe Hot-drat-eron with R5-P9, Integrated Astromech, and VI is 35 points. If you want more options and a lower PS, you could take Adrenaline Rush or Cool Hand instead.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

TLT Miranda would be my go-to in that format if I wanted to win, Soontir if I wanted to have fun and still win.

(Well, until Vets comes out, then it's Ragin Ryad for funsies)

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
TLT miranda is weak to the autothruster aces.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Eh, only if they gang up on her. Soontir versus Miranda generally involves two people rolling a lot of dice to absolutely no avail.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
What's a safe way to fix a bend in a model? I just noticed that one of my X-Wing's laser guns bends a bit upwards.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Hot water might work, but I'm not sure. It's quite likely you're just going to snap it trying though.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Dunk it in hot/warm water, bend it, cold water to fix. Repeat as necessary. However, this type of plastic is more malleable than resin so it might just bend back.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Pretty certain we're going to see the release of Imperial Veterans on June 30th in the US. I play at FFG's Game Center in the Minneapolis suburbs. They have been doing Midnight Tournaments for the last few releases, and they just posted that they are hosting another Midnight Tournament on June 29th. In the past these have gone until midnight, where they put the new ships on sale at 12:01. Here's hoping anyway.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Chill la Chill posted:

Dunk it in hot/warm water, bend it, cold water to fix. Repeat as necessary. However, this type of plastic is more malleable than resin so it might just bend back.

Alright, I'll give it a shot.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Strobe posted:

NEXT WEEK FOR THE X-WING LEAGUE (WEEK 6):

POOL THREE:
Strobe versus Admiral Joeslop

I made a thing for this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-lmw9cqH3M

The amount of training and experience I have in video editing all comes from making this. You're welcome.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Hey Langolas, when are we gonna do our TTS game? I can't seem to PM you so I hope you see this.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Oh dang, I didn't realize the X-Wing that came with the Rebel Transport is exactly the same as a standard one except with a single extra stripe and a red astromech.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Oh dang, I didn't realize the X-Wing that came with the Rebel Transport is exactly the same as a standard one except with a single extra stripe and a red astromech.

Mine is white too, which looks really cool.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

General Battuta posted:

Mine is white too, which looks really cool.

Yeah, I guess it is whiter. Couldn't really tell until I put two of them next to each other, though that might just be my lovely, lovely light. Speaking of which, how do you like to run the transport? I know that Epic is much less competitive than standard play but what are the dos and don'ts for equipment?

E: Would this be not-terrible?

GR-75 Medium Transport (30)
WED-15 Repair Droid (2)
Toryn Farr (6)
Shield Projector (4)
EM Emitter (3)
Comms Booster (4)
Combat Retrofit (10)
Quantum Storm (4)

Total: 63

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jun 15, 2016

Herux
Dec 1, 2013
Hey spiggy? When would you like to play our game? message me on steam or leave me a message in thread kthx!

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Imperial Veterans, Colored Bases, and Dial Upgrade Kits are all 'shipping now' :toot:

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

overdesigned posted:

Imperial Veterans, Colored Bases, and Dial Upgrade Kits are all 'shipping now' :toot:

Itshappening.gif

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

ConfusedUs posted:

Itshappening.gif

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Been a great Wednesday so far! :wedass: happy Wednesday y'all!

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I'll believe it when I see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Wow, I didn't realize that Countess Ryad was another Star Wars Galaxies character

• Locked thread