Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So is Waterfront the new Black Powder for obnoxious grinding? The last three days I've run into groups that want to do nothing but replay the mission over and over, luring hordes into the middle ground so the events don't proc during the barrel and support beam sections.

Also, Bright Wizards with the trueflight style homing attacks are not fun to play with because they kill everything I'm trying to swing or shoot at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Anybody trying to grind on maps without grims & tomes is being really dumb. I don't know about Waterfront but I generally don't play those maps anyway due to them being super short and easy.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Lunethex posted:

Found a thread bitching about me. I don't remember this guy but all these things I do. I especially bitch about the barrels. You don't haul them because if you get hit it blows up. I throw them in the air and catch them, chaining it as I run it to the gate in 5 seconds because it's faster and also if I get hit it won't explode. I've managed to save barrels doing this, getting them there before detonation. I get aggravated when people just carry it. I also stand on top of the carriage and open and shut the door repeatedly, and I think I am the only one who does that so therefore this must be me.

Wanna point out though that he is exaggerating massively. It wasn't 3 minutes and it wasn't 2 waves :kiddo:

lmao you posted this thinking it in any way made you seem cool and not a huge retard.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Chomp8645 posted:

lmao you posted this thinking it in any way made you seem cool and not a huge retard.

yea and your post was way better :rolleye:

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Chomp8645 posted:

Clearly you have not personally played with Lunethex. If you had, you would have seen this in the proper light and immediately hailed him as the God among men that he is. Shameful display.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Lunethex posted:

Found a thread bitching about me. I don't remember this guy but all these things I do. I especially bitch about the barrels. You don't haul them because if you get hit it blows up. I throw them in the air and catch them, chaining it as I run it to the gate in 5 seconds because it's faster and also if I get hit it won't explode. I've managed to save barrels doing this, getting them there before detonation. I get aggravated when people just carry it. I also stand on top of the carriage and open and shut the door repeatedly, and I think I am the only one who does that so therefore this must be me.

Wanna point out though that he is exaggerating massively. It wasn't 3 minutes and it wasn't 2 waves :kiddo:

you definitely look good posting this

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

But Not Tonight posted:

yea and your post was way better :rolleye:

You got me there.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

let's all just agree that this line of posting is stupid and everyone involved in it is a fuckface

bash the rats, bash 'em up real good :black101:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
I was training a friend to play the game a week or so ago and he was playing Bardin with axe/shield

After about an hour and a half of play he said "man, this weapon doesn't feel very fun. it takes forever to kill someone and there's not a lot of heft to it."

I said "dude, hold down your attack button for about a quarter second, and then chain that charged attack."

15 seconds later he is laughing like a maniac as he crashes into the middle of a rat swarm, knocking them everywhere like he's a bearded little bowling ball, and charging out the other side before slowly looping around to do it again, shouting 'THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER'

I said "NOW you're playing the dwarf."

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress elves forever

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

My favorite character in warhammer: end times - vermintide is the character that is not the elf, including each and every skaven.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Digirat posted:

My favorite character in warhammer: end times - vermintide is the character that is not the elf, including each and every skaven.

I like the Halberd/Bardiche that goes by the name "Glaive" that the elf can use. Also the angsty growl the elf makes when Saltzpyre calls her out on missing every rat with a bomb.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Ah, majestic. Waves of rats lagging south for the winter.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Woah awesome

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Unfortunately I was immediately after kicked from the lobby and dumped into the start of my own The Fall, and died from a salt overdose.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

KillerQueen posted:

I blame the Dwarf, personally.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Will you be saved when the rature strikes? Prise Sigmar today!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Why is the sword and shield so good and the sword without shield so bad, while the mace and shield is poo poo but the mace without shield is like the fist of Sigmar himself?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

KillerQueen posted:

We ruuuuuuulle

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

Night10194 posted:

Why is the sword and shield so good and the sword without shield so bad, while the mace and shield is poo poo but the mace without shield is like the fist of Sigmar himself?

Kruber's sns is so good because of the speed. Fast charge and quick cuts allows you to do crazy cc and mix in some cuts to add up damage. Won't out damage a two-hander, but it's useful. My favorite weapon for Kruber on any difficulty for that reason. Hell, even though it can take a while to kill crowds on cataclysm with the sns, I've used a mix of slides and charge attacks to successfully help bail teams out while being the last man standing on that mode. That said weapon balance in the game is a bit weird and I still think Kruber may have the fewest ranged options. Why would you really pick anything but the handgun.

As a side note, I always found it weird that the mace was longer too, since that doesn't make much sense, but then we are fighting talking rat men.

Also, I actually really like all of the characters in Vermintide. They do a good job of making them all have fun personalities and illustrating party dynamics. I even like Kerillian because shes a jerk and the other characters call her on it.

Oh yeah, I also managed to get into a game that beat dungeons on cat for the first time! Always had teams drop the ball at the end by getting bogged down in the final room or the run to Oleysa. All it took was waiting for that first wave of rats and then it was a whole lot easier.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
I hadn't played this for a while and came back, got the DLC for the new levels and gave it a play, was pretty good.

I used to be kickass awesome with kruber and his two handed sword but now I can kill poo poo tons of rats but I seem to take a lot more damage then I remember taking before. Maybe I've lost my edge.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

The surprise stream they've been hyping for a while is finally happening. Or maybe one of them already did and I didn't watch it. STILL in about 4 minutes it will happen and I will post about it.

Random events for random rewards.

Woo?

They promise no microtransactions and no PAYDAY/TF2 crates, just a nice little thing. Apparently there will be an exclusive reward from the boxes.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jun 14, 2016

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Fire Barrel posted:

Kruber's sns is so good because of the speed. Fast charge and quick cuts allows you to do crazy cc and mix in some cuts to add up damage. Won't out damage a two-hander, but it's useful. My favorite weapon for Kruber on any difficulty for that reason. Hell, even though it can take a while to kill crowds on cataclysm with the sns, I've used a mix of slides and charge attacks to successfully help bail teams out while being the last man standing on that mode. That said weapon balance in the game is a bit weird and I still think Kruber may have the fewest ranged options. Why would you really pick anything but the handgun.

The repeater handgun is good and helps you keep moving by letting you click away straggler rats instead of having to stop and pay attention to them, while still being able to kill specials at range. An orange one bodyshots clan rats on nightmare

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

when it actually decides to impact and not elmer fudd around the rat, which happens disturbingly often

also you have to mag dump to knock a gutter runner off someone, which is as dumb as a big bag of dumb things

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Saltzpyre's repeater pistol's job is kind of taken by the Volley Bow which is also better at killing normal rats and murdering specials.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Lunethex posted:

They promise no microtransactions and no PAYDAY/TF2 crates, just a nice little thing. Apparently there will be an exclusive reward from the boxes.

"We won't make you pay more money but by god you will keep grinding so long as you're playing our game"

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Night10194 posted:

Saltzpyre's repeater pistol's job is kind of taken by the Volley Bow which is also better at killing normal rats and murdering specials.
Well, the repeater pistol was garbage so no big loss there.

Kruber's repeater handgun on the other hand :allears:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Safety Factor posted:

Well, the repeater pistol was garbage so no big loss there.

Kruber's repeater handgun on the other hand :allears:

Roger dies in the span of a single strength potion and fanning the hammer hard on Nightmare with the Repeater Pistol.

It's garbage for taking out normal rats (though it might be okay with Rupture) but the secondary works fine as an anti-special/stormvermin shotgun and the primary kills Roger dead.

Just the volley bow's secondary does it about as easily and its primary has the advantage of being good against pretty much everything (just does a bit less than the normal crossbow against armor). Plus, since I have a Rupture brace of orange pistols now, my poor repeater has collected dust while I've just shot hundreds of rats through their friends with stylish gun twirling.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
Night10194's Elf has evolved into: La perra apuņalamiento molesto!

forgive me my google translate I was not prepared for last night

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

The Elf's hoods are :effort: condensed in its purest form.

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010
Guess I need to find a volley bow. Seems so hard for me to ever land that thing. I've even managed to get three orange glaives, one red hammer and shield, and finally got a hat. Only saw a blue volley bow. Also, the repeater handgun for Kruber may be good on NM, but having a good handgun is just super helpful on cataclysm - even if it means my options are limited when fighting a rat ogre.

And with Saltzpyre, I basically used the repeater just to spam the alt on specials. With a str pot it's even pretty handy on the ogre on cat.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
im in steam group chat and I'm killin rats

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Lunethex posted:

I'm a little okay with the fact that mine looks like a luchadore mask.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Lunethex posted:

That may be but that mask is loving awesome and I want it really badly.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

ACTION

ACTION

ACTION

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

KillerQueen posted:

ACTION

ACTION

ACTION

What am I even doing there? (although, to be fair, I've drifted through geometry more than once in-game)

Also, I've been getting weird disconnects more recently. Might just be coincidental though.

Fire Barrel fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jun 15, 2016

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Fire Barrel posted:

What am I even doing there? (although, to be fair, I've drifted through geometry more than once in-game)

Also, I've been getting weird disconnects more recently. Might just be coincidental though.

To be fair, this wasn't exactly a disconnect but the host leaving when they thought it was all over, but yeah I've been getting mad dcs over the last few days.

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

KillerQueen posted:

To be fair, this wasn't exactly a disconnect but the host leaving when they thought it was all over, but yeah I've been getting mad dcs over the last few days.

Ah. Was that tonight, by the way? If so, hopefully it wasn't one of the rounds where my game was completely off!

At this point, I figure I may just try running in low difficulty Drachenfels for speed's sake in order to farm. I can just get ore from last stand or melting weapons.

Fire Barrel fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jun 15, 2016

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

So you can get extended capacity and ammo holder both on a volley bow.

:getin:

E: Lunethex, is it possible to get those and Hail of Doom on an orange? Because that would be approaching Enuf Dakka.

Night10194 fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jun 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Night10194 posted:

E: Lunethex, is it possible to get those and Hail of Doom on an orange? Because that would be approaching Enuf Dakka.

I don't know if you can get it from the shrine. This is one that can appear in the loot ladder.

• Locked thread