Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Actually febreeze recent studies have shown that ants are really dumb and their survival mechanics are based more on chaos and random chance multiplied by hundreds of insects. :science:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Actually febreeze recent studies have shown that ants are really dumb and their survival mechanics are based more on chaos and random chance multiplied by hundreds of insects. :science:

Individual ants are dumb, but the colony as a whole is smart enough to avoid my croquet mallets after a certain period of slaughter

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Sounds like the Steelers fanbase

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Ross Angeles posted:

Sounds like the Steelers fanbase

Couldn't be the Chargers fanbase, I already said you needed a few hundred

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Couldn't be the Chargers fanbase, I already said you needed a few hundred

I'm insulting Steelers fans, not Broncos fans like you Mel. Please don't insult my team

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Ross Angeles posted:

I'm insulting Steelers fans, not Broncos fans like you Mel. Please don't insult my team

Well, we have to get our shots in while they still exist.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Mel Mudkiper posted:

All I know is that some ants sound like Sylvester Stallone. I saw it in a movie once.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I remember one time in recess I found some ants and put them in my socks, I can't remember why. Maybe to let them out inside the classroom?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Just throwing it out there Febreeze, if you do wind up arranging the dress olympics, it would make for the most hilarious/tragic goonmeet since, well, probably just the last goonmeet.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

In looking for more letterheads I've run across some cool stuff.
A 1923 Green Bay Packers pocket schedule. I love that the schedule had two blank lines at the end for unscheduled games. And that they played Milwaukee.

I sent an email back and forth with a guy who's dad played way back in 30's and 40's so I've got some new stuff to play with.
Here's a letterhead from the Duluth Eskimos, who rebranded themselves as Ernie Never's Eskimos.

Oluf Haugsrud, listed as president, became one of the first owners of the Minnesota Vikings. He had made a deal with the NFL when he turned his franchise back in that he got to own a part of the next Minnesota team. He may have been the guy who decided on the team colors and name for the Vikings.

Frankford is the team that sorta became the Eagles. They literately lost the team when their stadium burned down.

Darth Brooks fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Jun 15, 2016

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Thaddius the Large posted:

Just throwing it out there Febreeze, if you do wind up arranging the dress olympics, it would make for the most hilarious/tragic goonmeet since, well, probably just the last goonmeet.

Just in case people are confused:
https://soundcloud.com/david-rappoccio-950910196/intentional-sounding-10-put-them-in-dresses

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
I dunno about you, but I never want to see Goon Meat ever again...

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

effectual posted:

I remember one time in recess I found some ants and put them in my socks, I can't remember why. Maybe to let them out inside the classroom?

So like...while your feet were still in them? Or did you at least take a sock off and scoop them in?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Joey Freshwater posted:

So like...while your feet were still in them? Or did you at least take a sock off and scoop them in?
This is the question I thought about but did not ask.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
the real question is did the ants get into your pants, did they make you do the boogie dance, and did said boogie dance take you all the way to the France

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I hope Cam goes full heel next year

http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/cam-newtons-new-dance/

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Can't do that dance, Jimmy Graham got it banned. :)

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
I found the Sexy Rexy!

:smith:

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Sexy Rexy needs to come back from the dead occasionally.

I'm up to 64 letterheads and I'm still working on some. Here's some Giants related stuff.

The 1984 version

1929, I love the tagline, "Post-Graduate Football amid The Sidewalks of New York."

and the team the Giants beat, the Buffalo Bills, from 1996.

I'm surprised the Bills put the logos of the SB's they lost on the letterhead. Why be reminded of your failures?

The coach for the Giants in 1929 lost his job to a players revolt. One of the players was Steve Owens, who coached the team for 23 years and had 150 wins and two championships.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I have a Duluth Eskimos hat, Minnesota North Stars and California Seals jerseys, and a Cleveland Barons TShirt

I collect dead team apparel :negative:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I have a Duluth Eskimos hat, Minnesota North Stars and California Seals jerseys, and a Cleveland Barons TShirt

I've got some Atlanta Knights gear for you. :smith:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Top Hats Monthly posted:

You need something from The One True Dead Team, the Hartford Whalers, Hallowed Be Thy Name.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Top Hats Monthly posted:

You should get gear from the San Francisco Niners and those teams that used to be in NYC

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Chichevache posted:

You should get gear from the San Francisco Niners and those teams that used to be in NYC

He spent that money on a Sonics jersey

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

He spent that money on a Sonics jersey

The Thunder are cooler :can:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Chichevache posted:

You're dead to me

I stopped caring about basketball well before the Sonics left

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Chichevache posted:

:hfive:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The Thunder rule I just hope they stay together and they can go Angry Ninja Turtle + Skinny Murder Man on the entire league while talking infinite poo poo in postgamers

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spoeank posted:

The Thunder rule I just hope they stay together and they can go Angry Ninja Turtle + Skinny Murder Man on the entire league while talking infinite poo poo in postgamers

Just wait till kiwi gets to be in the post game interviews

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Russell Westbrook looks like someone hate-hosed a shark and taught the baby to ball

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

whypick1 posted:

You're dead to me

I stopped caring about basketball well before the Sonics left

Sorry. When I was 6 I used to buy basketball team pencils from a vending machine in the school cafeteria. The Sonics were the only pencil I would sharpen, because I didn't know what the gently caress a sonic was and I would be damned if those wretched colors would go in my collection.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Russell Westbrook looks like someone hate-hosed a shark and taught the baby to ball

:lol: what an analogy

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

:lol: what an analogy

True story I tweeted that Westbrook once to see if he would reply

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Chichevache posted:

You disappoint me, Chich! I was just telling my boy last night how freaking amazing Shawn Kemp and Gary Peyton were. Those teams were so fun to watch, my favorite team by far after the Bulls.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Shath Hole posted:

You disappoint me, Chich! I was just telling my boy last night how freaking amazing Shawn Kemp and Gary Peyton were. Those teams were so fun to watch, my favorite team by far after the Bulls.

You know what teams are fun to watch? Any team with Lebron on it.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Mel Mudkiper posted:

True story I tweeted that Westbrook once to see if he would reply
And?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Nothing :smith:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Shath Hole posted:

Russ and Durant > Kemp and Payton

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Metapod posted:

Russ and Durant > Kemp and Payton

I don't disagree really, Kemp and Payton just hold a special place in my heart. I had the Kemp Kamikaze shoes and everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Shawn Kemp was the Antonio Cromartie of his generation

• Locked thread