Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I earnestly do appreciate that they're willing to take Zelda in such a different direction this time around *glances sideways at Pokemon S&M*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I earnestly do appreciate that they're willing to take Zelda in such a different direction this time around *glances sideways at Pokemon S&M*

no one wants a diffrent sort of pokemon

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

there's a reason they haven't radically altered dragon quest in 30 years and pokemon in 20 and it s because they sell a zillion copies every drat time

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The 120 Days of Rotom

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

i want pokemon on the wii u virtual console, but for some reason that cant ever happen

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

nintendo sales are up http://e3.nintendo.com/sale/

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i just want to know if they finally fixed HMs and then i will buy moon

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
The existing Wolf Link amiibo works with the game as well: When players tap a Wolf Link amiibo to the Wii U GamePad controller, Wolf Link will attack enemies on his own and help players to hunt.

cool

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/742779101329555456

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

When players tap a Waluigi amiibo to the Wii U GamePad controller, Waluigi will attack enemies on his own and help players to hunt.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

When players tap a Waluigi amiibo to the Wii U GamePad controller, Waluigi will attack enemies on his own and help players to hunt.

Lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

link is going magneto on this dungeon

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Zelda looks amazing. Aside from the inventory management but my man link is going to get a bigger bag. It looks like you have infinite items from your sheikah wii u pad but they have cool down times.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

mabels big day posted:

See those exploding barrels? You can set them next to a campfire to set off a chain reaction explosion and kill yourself.

HOLY loving poo poo

EXPLODING BARRELS!?
HOLY!!!!!
HOLY poo poo!!!!

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
what was cool from zelda i missed it <_<
from the posts here it sounds pretty fail (open world crafting materials nonsense)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

ArfJason posted:

from the posts here it sounds pretty fail (open world crafting materials nonsense)

its all cool

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ArfJason posted:

nintendo takes their first shot at an open world game and blow everyone else out of the water

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

elf help book posted:

its all cool

we spent like 30 pages ripping ubisoft for doing open world crafting materials games why is it suddenly cool idgi whats different this time

e: not only ubisoft now that i remember

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ArfJason posted:

we spent like 30 pages ripping ubisoft for doing open world crafting materials games why is it suddenly cool idgi whats different this time

The difference is that it's Nintendo doing it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I didn't like the crafting crap in the last Zelda so I was hoping it wouldn't be in the new one

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

ArfJason posted:

there are 0 ubisoft games but there's at least one good nintendo game

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Bombs? There's an app for that.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

man, if only people were calling this game fail AIDS, then the imp zone would be consistent

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think its going to suck, unless its good. Anyway I've only played two good open world games, besides grand theft auto, which isn't really good as much as it is fun. If that makes sense.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I liked how crafting worked in MGSV, where you didn't actually have to collect or craft anything you just got a bunch of new equipment the longer you played

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

ArfJason posted:

watch the video little man

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

man, if only people were calling this game fail AIDS, then the imp zone would be consistent

its not necessarily that its just that i thought noone wanted those kinds of mechanics anymore and apparently people do

Pablo Gigante posted:

mysterious loyall X posted:

there are 0 ubisoft games but there's at least one good nintendo game

hmm, alright

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

no they will not posted:

watch the video little man

ive tried to find a video for a couple minutes now but they are all of the trailer

e: here we go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3mVzXqLJyg

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

I liked how crafting worked in MGSV, where you didn't actually have to collect or craft anything you just got a bunch of new equipment the longer you played

You still had to collect the herbs and material boxes

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

ArfJason posted:

ive tried to find a video for a couple minutes now but they are all of the trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtZwAGNVjc0

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

like 80% of that game was sucking resources and people up into the sky dude

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

the game is super beautiful, i wish it was coming out sooner

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

they haven't shown what kind of crafting is in the game yet. they've just picked up a bunch of stuff.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

You still had to collect the herbs and material boxes

They also just generated on their own. After like 10 hours I never picked up that stuff. I did Fulton out material crates because it was awesome though

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Streaming fail

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mabels big day posted:

they haven't shown what kind of crafting is in the game yet. they've just picked up a bunch of stuff.

yeah that seems like a crucial thing to show and talk about lol.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Pablo Gigante posted:

yeah,

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Those pickup and tip messages are getting real annoying

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think the difference between the Ubisoft Open World and stuff like Dragon's Dogma and MGSV is that the latter started with making really really fun and tight gameplay, and then added a variety of side activities to say hey here's stuff to do if you want to play forever. Whereas the Assassin's Creeds of the world start from the latter and work backwards. Like in 99% of the games I play I would never touch side quests on the level of the MGSV side ops but I have so much fun just sneaking around anywhere that I've done them all and started a new file over with the intent to do it all again. So maybe Zelda is the same way, but I haven't seen the video myself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

qnqnx posted:

Those pickup and tip messages are getting real annoying

hopefully its just because they keep restarting the demo and it just comes up the first time you pick one up

• Locked thread