Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Do we know how many babies were aborted during the shooting yet?

All of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Gretchen Carlson on Fox News just argued for "common sense" gun control and to ban the AR-15.

I'm a little shell shocked, but Carlson is an idiot so I'm not sure she knows what she's done.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
:siren: Breaking: Gretchen Carlson put on indefinite leave from the news desk. :siren:

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Firearms should be restricted to the Samurai caste. Farmers and merchants have proven that they are not responsible enough to own weapons and it is weakening the influence of the Daimyo court.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

MariusLecter posted:

:siren: Breaking: Gretchen Carlson put on indefinite leave from the news desk. :siren:

quit playing games with my heart

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

STAC Goat posted:

Gretchen Carlson on Fox News just argued for "common sense" gun control and to ban the AR-15.

I'm a little shell shocked, but Carlson is an idiot so I'm not sure she knows what she's done.

The selection of semi-auto hunting rifles is far wider than the AR-15, so the desire to ban it specifically is pretty stupid.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Chilichimp posted:

The selection of semi-auto hunting rifles is far wider than the AR-15, so the desire to ban it specifically is pretty stupid.

Yeah but the AR15 is garbage and belong in big slag piles.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Nevermind, misread the post.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Chilichimp posted:

You're right, it should be all magazines with a capacity higher than five rounds.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Really, we should ban every gun that isn't an ar-15 and that way all shooters will have training for the coming forever war. When they graduate to the carbine variants of the rifle the military uses, the smaller, lighter guns will be as nothing, like Goku taking off his weighted training clothes. Plus, since the AR-15 is semiautomatic only, we won't have the spray and pray problem like the last time there was a draft.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mister Macys posted:

You're right, it should be all magazines with a capacity higher than five rounds.

I'd say ten, but I agree in principle.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

BiggerBoat posted:

Aw, man, I dunno what I'm on about. I got fired and divorced in the course of 5 days and now this mass shooting poo poo an hour and a half south of me that will in no way add to the upcoming poo poo show that has been this election nor test my resolve and tolerance for the way that RWM covers it.

What I'm saying is that I am angry and sad. Bet I could by a gun though.

EDIT: Lastly, who the gently caress needs body armor for anything besides soldiers and cops?

drat. You just had a lot of poo poo thrown at you. Are you still OK?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Chilichimp posted:

I'm not taking a stand one way or another since I know almost nothing on guns. "AR-15" is what Carlson said we should ban. If you tell me that's a stupid and reactive gun to single out I'm willing to believe you since Carlson is a stupid and reactive person. And my "common sense" tells me that IF there's guns that should be banned because they post too big of a danger to the public to their practical usage for a law abiding gun owner than that list is probably bigger than 1 gun.

I just wanted to say that the dumb lady on Fox said we should do gun control and ban guns. Because reality has gone all wonky.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Genuinely curious, what is the practical reasoning to want more than five round magazines outside of being in say, a shooting range, or an active combat situation? I can't imagine a hunter taking more than a couple shots with a semi automatic rifle before the game is gone, and you can kill human beings on the street or in your house very easily with just five bullets.

I think though, that a 5 round magazines only, AR-15 only America would be a better place. Those doing their service for citizenship would already have incentive to be precise, and as I mentioned in the previous post, well trained.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Chilichimp posted:

Let's split the difference and say 7.5 bullets.

The half bullet is for an underslung pneumatic BB gun.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
It's amazing watching the entire alt-right struggle and claw to maintain the narrative of that Omar was an ISIS sleeper agent immigrant that is slipping through their fingers. Breitbart Daily this morning spent 10 minutes talking about their crack newsteam in Orlando that will uncover "the truth". Oddly they already knew exactly what "the truth" wasn't, before doing any investigation. Also Crowder is on the hunt with his latest pile of poo poo - http://louderwithcrowder.com/22515-2/#.V2BtTX0rKUk

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

I thought Rupert Murdoch actually supported gun control though. I think there's room at Fox News for dissenting voices to the usual RAH RAH GUNS RAH RAH hannity type bullshit.

Not much probably, since they know their market, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some opposing viewpoints arise.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Pander posted:

I thought Rupert Murdoch actually supported gun control though. I think there's room at Fox News for dissenting voices to the usual RAH RAH GUNS RAH RAH hannity type bullshit.

Not much probably, since they know their market, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some opposing viewpoints arise.

Those that actually saw some sense after the dozens of mass shootings while still claiming any form of gun control is an affront to the only amendment that actually matters are even would be even worse than the deluded true believers.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Five has this really smug and ridiculous "Jihad expert" on who is dropping some bombs like "lone wolf is a made up phrase to make Americans stupid" and "We don't care about the sexual proclivities of Hitler" and that "radical islam" matters because "if you said a tuberculosis patient had a cold what would happen?"

And apparently all the problems with mistakes made by the government on the War on Terror are the responsibility of the Civil Rights wing of the DOJ.

I haven't watched the Five in months and I kind of just want all of these people to die in a fire.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Octatonic posted:

Genuinely curious, what is the practical reasoning to want more than five round magazines outside of being in say, a shooting range, or an active combat situation? I can't imagine a hunter taking more than a couple shots with a semi automatic rifle before the game is gone, and you can kill human beings on the street or in your house very easily with just five bullets.

I think though, that a 5 round magazines only, AR-15 only America would be a better place. Those doing their service for citizenship would already have incentive to be precise, and as I mentioned in the previous post, well trained.

Wild piggies, conceivably. Those fuckers are tough and not always alone.

Anyone else remember that one goon with the anti-piggy recon drone?

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

STAC Goat posted:

The Five has this really smug and ridiculous "Jihad expert" on who is dropping some bombs like "lone wolf is a made up phrase to make Americans stupid" and "We don't care about the sexual proclivities of Hitler" and that "radical islam" matters because "if you said a tuberculosis patient had a cold what would happen?"

And apparently all the problems with mistakes made by the government on the War on Terror are the responsibility of the Civil Rights wing of the DOJ.

I haven't watched the Five in months and I kind of just want all of these people to die in a fire.

I just kind of imagine the guy with the question mark ranting and raving about this poo poo because it's so bizarro you'd have to be crazy to believe it.

After the last few days I just need someone to make an image of the tree of liberty and Thomas Jefferson's quote except instead of patriots and tyrants it just says innocents. :smith:

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

STAC Goat posted:

has Kimberly Guilfoyl found a way to randomly say "Black Lives Matter" in a derogatory way for no reason at all?

Or said "Benghazi" in the middle of cross-talk with no prompting?

Because that's like all she does.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Not that I heard but she called Obama a coward or something, mocked Juan Williams as a conspiracy theorist when he suggested that the shooting might be connected to the guy maybe being gay, and made a point to say "forty nine HUMANS died" in a way that made it sound like she was trying to make a point that she wasn't going to legitimize this "LGBT Tragedy" nonsense.

But I turned it off after five minutes so I'm sure she got the rest in.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Bondi telling Cooper she had LGBT rainbow hands on her website was a bald faced lie:

http://www.twitter.com/MarcACaputo/status/742820491136667648

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Octatonic posted:

It's as arbitrary as 5... :shrug:

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

It's as arbitrary as 5... :shrug:

That's fair! Ten seems like a lot to me, in the sort of instinctual "one, two, three, several, many" sense.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Chilichimp posted:

The only prey that requires more than five rounds to kill or drive away in the United States are human crowds.

V - Considering how often he goes in drag, you'd think Crowder could sympathize with the victims in Florida, too. :rolleye:

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jun 14, 2016

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
It's been mostly buried under the weekend's afermath, but has anyone seen anything about the net neutrality ruling? Or does even Crowder recognize that it's a win for literally everyone not a service provider?

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Geostomp posted:

Yeah, I can't see RWM acknowledging white-on-black massacres even if it is to distract from violence against gay people. They're much more likely to bring up something related to terrorism or abortion.

oh crap, this is inevitable isn't it? "While you were crying over a few people getting shot, eight vigintillion babies were murdered."

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Octatonic posted:

That's fair! Ten seems like a lot to me, in the sort of instinctual "one, two, three, several, many" sense.

There are already laws common in America to limit pistols to 10 rounds, seems fair that rifles should do the same.

They could be amended to apply to any gas-fed semi automatic weapon, which include rifles and pistols.

Really though, what we need is universal background checks and ownership licensing

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Chilichimp posted:

There are already laws common in America to limit pistols to 10 rounds, seems fair that rifles should do the same.

They could be amended to apply to any gas-fed semi automatic weapon, which include rifles and pistols.

Really though, what we need is universal background checks and ownership licensing

I would prefer single payer healthcare and mandatory psych evaluations every 5-6 years in addition to those 2.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Gun insurance covering property damage and injury/death like we have for cars is the best suggestion I've heard. Is there some reason this is dumb that I missed?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Jack Gladney posted:

Gun insurance covering property damage and injury/death like we have for cars is the best suggestion I've heard. Is there some reason this is dumb that I missed?

None, really; the issue is that the NRA is rabidly opposed to "holding people responsible when bad things happen involving guns."

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
People are really attached to the idea of a responsible gun owner, which is fine as far as it goes, but they really get pissed when you suggest actually legally enforcing that responsibility.

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Jack Gladney posted:

That exists, especially popular with CCW holders.

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Bondi telling Cooper she had LGBT rainbow hands on her website was a bald faced lie:

http://www.twitter.com/MarcACaputo/status/742820491136667648

Per the comments it was a non-public image on her facebook page.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

StandardVC10 posted:

People are really attached to the idea of a responsible gun owner, which is fine as far as it goes, but they really get pissed when you suggest actually legally enforcing that responsibility.

As with so many other things "responsibility" tends to just be code for "let me do whatever I want." Playing nicely into the NRA's absolute dedication to ensuring that nothing interferes with the flow of blood money into their pockets is just a nice bonus.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

fishmech posted:

It's interesting that people jump straight to assuming a ban. Even in places like Australia and the UK and Japan, you can still own a handgun! You just have to have very good reasons for doing that, and not just "I'm really scared of black people so I need to have 3 pistols at all times while I drive through my suburb to a job in a data center".

I don't know about Japan and Australia, but in the UK you can totally own a handgun. As long as it's a black powder weapon. Otherwise not so much*.

The UK Olympic Pistol team has to practise abroad

* Yes I know there are small loopholes for things like humane despatch weapons for animals but under no circumstances can you legally buy, random example, a Glock 9mm.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

StandardVC10 posted:

The thing is, how do you prove that somebody is a responsible gun owner? To prove that you are a responsible driver, you have to get a loving license. Why wouldn't some kind of training or certification course apply in this situation? I've suggested this before to people and they're like "lol, cars aren't protected by the Second Amendment". THEY DIDN'T HAVE loving CARS 200 YEARS AGO!

I would hate the government to ban guns. I've got a couple guns in my house for protection and target shooting, but I've been trained in gun safety from a very young age to treat them like the deadly weapons that they are. You start suggesting that we increase gun laws and people respond with "well you know criminals don't follow laws anyway!". Well gently caress murder is against the law, and you don't see people advocating against that do you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Vargatron posted:

The thing is, how do you prove that somebody is a responsible gun owner? To prove that you are a responsible driver, you have to get a loving license. Why wouldn't some kind of training or certification course apply in this situation? I've suggested this before to people and they're like "lol, cars aren't protected by the Second Amendment". THEY DIDN'T HAVE loving CARS 200 YEARS AGO!

I would hate the government to ban guns. I've got a couple guns in my house for protection and target shooting, but I've been trained in gun safety from a very young age to treat them like the deadly weapons that they are. You start suggesting that we increase gun laws and people respond with "well you know criminals don't follow laws anyway!". Well gently caress murder is against the law, and you don't see people advocating against that do you?

I also have guns in my house and I think they are fun to shoot but I would also gladly give them all up if it meant sweeping change to gun legislation in this country. What little personal pleasure I have firing a gun from time to time is nothing compared to the public safety hazard that unrestricted gun access brings.