Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Anonymous Robot posted:

Is One Piece a good game if you don't care about One Piece and have never seen or read it?

Yes it has many good punches, sword slices, and elemental powers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

QuarkJets posted:

Isn't One Piece that series where the female characters boobs all grow by a cup size every few years? I know it's about pirates so I'm assuming this is reflective of how much more piratey the crew has become (I also know that they have a rock and roll skeleton, so it seems like whoever writes it knows what they're doing)

Whatever are you talking about?

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Robotic Accolade posted:

I don't know about the law situation, but my current work situation touches on the Pachinko market in Japan and the last couple of years have been extremely rough on the entire field: Pachinko parlors are heavily oversaturated across the country, the customer base is drying up (old people are, well, dying; and mobile freemium gaming has basically cornered the youth gambling market), and there's been some very significant bankruptcies. I doubt Konami will be feeling the pinch too much as they are VERY diversified (they are basically Japan's version of Planet Fitness for one thing), but I wouldn't be surprised if their Pachinko division withers the same as their video game division has over the next few years. I don't think anyone's looking to get more invested in the market when several major players are actively divesting themselves from it currently.

most Pachinko parlors in Japan I thought were owned by Koreans that funnel their money to North Korea. At least that was the standard line I was told when I lived there 15 years ago

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

She Bangs the Drums posted:

most Pachinko parlors in Japan I thought were owned by Koreans that funnel their money to North Korea. At least that was the standard line I was told when I lived there 15 years ago

They were probably being racist.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Fifteen of Many posted:

Is the end game stuff accessible to casual play, or does it require scheduled play time with dedicated groups?

Super casual.

There's a group finder/goons that run the endgame dungeons if you want to do them. Nice and easy joins. All are fast enough that you can log in and ask to run a dungeon and have a group ready in minutes, no prep/scheduling needed.

If you want to do endgame questing like Orsinium/Coldharbour you can do all of it solo if you want, but groups are always starting up in chat for randoms.

Cyrodiil is just join up and ask for an invite to the zerg.

Heists are solo anyway if you like the stealth aspect of Elder Scrolls games ( I forgot to mention, this game has the full sneak/stealing system of Elder Scrolls games, and its a great way to gear up early on. Just go to the armor shop and jack all their swords/armor when they aren't looking. ).

The only thing that requires "planning" is Trials, which basically function as the raids of the game. They only need 12 people though, and according to what I've found online ( I haven't felt the need to do one yet ) are specifically designed to only take 2 hours or so. Considering you can craft endgame gear, can get endgame gear from the Undaunted ( crazy drunks that reward you for hitting up the dungeons with loot ), and can get it from PvPing in Cyrodiil though, I've never felt the need to try and get 12 people together to do the drat things. I think you mainly get cosmetics from them at this point, though I could be wrong.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
OPPW3 owns, the characters are crazy varied so I feel like if you're not a fan of the series you'd still enjoy it but I am a fan so I'm technically biased a little. The special edition stuff is just costumes I think so don't bother if you don't care.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
I bought Pirate Warriors because I heard it was one of the better musou games and I knew absolutely nothing about One Piece going into it. Steams says I've got 44 hours in it.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Woohoo, 100%'d Senran Kagura :toot:

Now...do I try beating one of the other games I bought in the last month? Or buy more games. Hmm...

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Is there anything more I should get for Kotor 2 besides the restored content mod? Does it have widescreen resolutions or is it all 4:3 like the first?

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

Morter posted:

Woohoo, 100%'d Senran Kagura :toot:

Now...do I try beating one of the other games I bought in the last month? Or buy more games. Hmm...

You worry me.

Beat your old games. Don't buy anything until Summer Sale. You have a week and some change to destroy your backlog. More than enough time.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!

Morter posted:

I know this feeling every time I finish a game.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Merry E3 Everyone

John Capslocke
Jun 5, 2007

:wtc:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Turn it off...

TURN IT OFF....

rargphlam
Dec 16, 2008
I cannot wait for goons to ironically gift The Bad Rats Show, once again supplying the creator with a reasonable income for years to come.

Support outsider art.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

MooCowlian posted:

Is there anything more I should get for Kotor 2 besides the restored content mod? Does it have widescreen resolutions or is it all 4:3 like the first?

There are a few fixes in the Workshop along with the restored content mod. One fixes HUD elements for widescreen resolutions, another fixes character models clipping though clothes, etc. Just search for "fix" in the Workshop and pick from that.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

:stonklol:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

I thought Resident Evil 7 was the highlight of E3, but now i'm not so sure.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Rookersh posted:

So I want to pimp out a game nobody here thinks is any good, because it was absolute dogshit at launch. But since it's recently come back up thanks to E3 ( and I've put close to 200 hours into it in the last two months ), I figured I might as well talk about it.

Elder Scrolls Online had one of the most disappointing/laughable launches of a game in recent history. [...]

I played in the beta, which was very disappointing, and they clearly weren't interested in listening then. Your post made me think it might be worth trying, and the game's $20 at a few places right now, so I went ahead and took the plunge. Jeezel Pete, though, the thing is taking FOREVER to download and patch and download and patch... sigh. I'll get to play someday, I'm sure.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

I will never forgive goons for this.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Seems odd that there's a Resident Evil franchise sale today that doesn't include RE5.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

The Devil Tesla posted:

They were probably being racist.

They were, but there is definitely a fair amount of Korean organized crime involved in the running/ownership of pachinko parlors and their affiliated businesses. Or at least there was in the late 90s/early 2000s.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Love it. The loving "song" throughout the trailer hahaha

EDIT: Haha the levels are 2.5D again.

Palpek fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Jun 14, 2016

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Just got to vent a little. I hate Steam Guard and the fact that I'm locked out of using my laptop I've used steam on for 3 years. I've got it on my phone and it won't let me in. And contacting support is a gently caress up because you can't use your steam account (lol) so as far as I'm concerned this is unnecessary and terrible for users such as myself. Done for the day. I'll try resolve this tomorrow. God what an annoyance.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Edmond Dantes posted:

Whatever are you talking about?

How the hell does her spine not snap from those. A single breasts is bigger then her waist.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

good luck with steam support. i'm still waiting to hear back about a ticket i filed 2 or 3 years ago.

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry

BadAstronaut posted:

Just got to vent a little. I hate Steam Guard and the fact that I'm locked out of using my laptop I've used steam on for 3 years. I've got it on my phone and it won't let me in. And contacting support is a gently caress up because you can't use your steam account (lol) so as far as I'm concerned this is unnecessary and terrible for users such as myself. Done for the day. I'll try resolve this tomorrow. God what an annoyance.
Make sure your phone is synchronizing time automatically. A goon(Xander77?) had a similar problem, and that fixed it for him.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Rookersh posted:

All the DLC is actually pretty good ( Imperial City is obviously only good if you want to PvP, the rest are just fun areas ), but you get it all for free through Plus. And you can get 2 months of Plus for $10 if you scrounge about online a bit. And Plus gets you Crowns you can use to buy the DLC so eventually you don't need Plus anymore, so it's a pretty nice cyclical thing.

Can you give me some kind of hint about what I'm looking for here, if I want the $10 dollar thing you're talking about?

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Anonymous Robot posted:

Is One Piece a good game if you don't care about One Piece and have never seen or read it?

Of the Musous I have played, it's my favorite. But I was a fan of One Piece so I am bias'd. I do think that mechanically it's the best though, regardless.

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jun 14, 2016

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Failboattootoot posted:

I do think that mechanically it's the best though, regardless.

Yeah no it plays extremely smoothly. Like, Samurai Warriors 4-2 has really good controls and responsiveness, but compared to One Piece, it felt like my characters were made of lead. Pirate Warriors is a very satisfying game in terms of how it plays.

QuarkJets posted:

Isn't One Piece that series where the female characters boobs all grow by a cup size every few years?

yes but that's because they had a time skip

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Fart of Presto posted:

Make sure your phone is synchronizing time automatically. A goon(Xander77?) had a similar problem, and that fixed it for him.
Yup. But someone else (Freak Futanari?) had the exact same problem, and synchronizing the time did nothing to fix it.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Anonymous Robot posted:

I know nothing about the anime, and I'd never played a mouso game before, and I played it for like 30 minutes then quit for ever (I got it during a pricing error)
It's anime as all hell, and you either like the genre or you don't. I don't think it'll change your mind if you've got an opinion but if you dont then try it and maybe it'll click.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Is Resident Evil 6 worth it for :10bux:?

Gonna be playing it local/splitscreen coop if that makes a difference.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
It would. It is also days before the rumored big sale.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

Away all Goats posted:

Is Resident Evil 6 worth it for :10bux:?

Gonna be playing it local/splitscreen coop if that makes a difference.

I wouldn't recommend that title at any price if playing solo. So it should be okay. I'm assuming you at least sort of know what you'll be encountering.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Jamfrost posted:

I wouldn't recommend that title at any price if playing solo. So it should be okay. I'm assuming you at least sort of know what you'll be encountering.

Yeah I assume it's similar to RE4/5? I have fond memories of RE4, and my friend and I liked RE5 despite all its faults.

I just remember RE6 being heavily poo poo on when it came out so I wasn't sure if they were technical issues that were worked out or deep gameplay flaws.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Away all Goats posted:

Yeah I assume it's similar to RE4/5? I have fond memories of RE4, and my friend and I liked RE5 despite all its faults.

I just remember RE6 being heavily poo poo on when it came out so I wasn't sure if they were technical issues that were worked out or deep gameplay flaws.

Copying from a post I just wrote in another thread:

RE6 Primer:

-I personally thought the campaign was fun as a whole but there's lots of dumb gimmicks and bad vehicle sections. Turn off the optional QTEs in the menu and play with a friend if you can.

-The Mercenaries (arcade) mode is the really great part of the game.

-Combat primer: The important thing to know is that your guns are useful for quickly dispatching a normal enemy if you're in a bind, but they're primarily used to stun enemies and make them vulnerable to special melee attacks.

You have a stamina bar and can spend it in several ways. There's the basic, unprompted melee attack, which is almost always a bad idea. Hitting someone twice will stun most enemies but you're better off just shooting them, it's slow and a bad use of stamina. Sprinting uses stamina. Sprinting into a melee attack is a guaranteed stun and a decent choice. Stunned enemies are vulnerable to special melee attacks that cost no stamina and make you invincible while you're doing them. Pulling both triggers will activate a quick shot that automatically targets and stuns the nearest enemy. This is also a good move in a tight spot, especially with Leon, who can chain these on multiple enemies with his dual pistols.

When you're out of stamina you will be unable to sprint or do melee attacks. Stamina recovers more quickly by standing still, but most quickly by laying down. You can dive to evade enemies, roll onto the ground, and shoot enemies while rapidly recovering stamina. Do that poo poo.

All enemy attacks can be countered, unless it's a projectile attack. Learning the timing on these takes some practice, but is totally worth it. Enemies with weapons are good to practice against because they telegraph their attacks bigtime. Counterattacks are instakills and are fast. Learn to counter the red zombies' leap attack. Use enemies to your advantage: firemen's oxygen tanks can be blown up, zombies with axes stuck in them are easily countered, soldier and cop zombies can be made to shoot each other (that's hard to do intentionally but it happens).

Use your environment, not only in terms of shooting generators and explosive barrels, but just being aware of changes in elevation and barricades that you can easily path through which enemies will find more difficult.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
The biggest thing I remember from RE6 was the action and gameplay was fine but in small bites in between constant cutscenes and qte events, which was frustrating. I did enjoy it co op but I wouldn't play solo. For ten, I'd say go for it

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

RE6 was pretty nutty, to me a bit tedious, I seem to remember a lot of hit spongey enemies, and action that just kind of droned on and on. Not even close to as good as RE5 I'd say, for what it's worth. Which wasn't close to as good as RE4, etc. For co-op it can be a wacky time killer though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I am an unapologetic fan of RE6 and enjoyed the hell out of it even for full (Steam) price, but only in co-op so you can laugh at it with someone and be frustrated at it with someone as well. Even RE5 had some value solo because it's a much simpler combat system but RE6 has so much poo poo going on that I cannot imagine playing it with a dumb as bricks AI partner.

• Locked thread