Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

madmac posted:

Technically they are also releasing Mini-campaign packs, like the Caesar in Gaul campaign for Rome that gives you a cool little mini-campaign to play and also unlocks a new faction for the Grand Campaign. (One of the more interesting bits today from the dlc file discovery thing was what looked like a list of factions for a Wood Elf mini-campaign.)

This is what I'm excited for although I'm a little worried it'll focus on like-factions fighting each other. I.e. empires attempt to unify as a solitary campaign meaning you're fighting other humans plus maybe VC. The game shines when you realize to maximize your success you need different builds to beat different factions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Ammanas posted:

This is what I'm excited for although I'm a little worried it'll focus on like-factions fighting each other. I.e. empires attempt to unify as a solitary campaign meaning you're fighting other humans plus maybe VC. The game shines when you realize to maximize your success you need different builds to beat different factions

I'm sure there would also be events involving other factions popping into your map even if they don't start with settlements. Like the nasty surprise for greenskin/dwarf campaigns on turn 100 in the normal campaign. They could even be based on event choices.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
for the people who might be thinking "ugh you are all whiny nerds surely games workshop is a fine company" -

quote:

Our market is a niche market made up of people who want to collect our miniatures. They tend to be male, middle-class, discerning
teenagers and adults. We do no demographic research, we have no focus groups, we do not ask the market what it wants. These things
are otiose in a niche.

this is not something someone made up, this is not paraphrasing anything, this is a direct quote from GW's own release to their investors in 2014, alongside such gems as "yeah these numbers look bad but they don't matter" and "our physical stores and magazine are more important than our web presence"

all evidence points to them being an extremely poorly-run company with a mindset stuck in the late 80s/early 90s who are only as successful as they are because of inertia.

President Ark fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jun 14, 2016

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
The game is so good that I'm eagerly waiting to have my wallet drained by CA. Please announce something soon

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

President Ark posted:

for the people who might be thinking "ugh you are all whiny nerds surely games workshop is a fine company" -

this is not something someone made up, this is not paraphrasing anything, this is a direct quote from GW's own release to their investors in 2014, alongside such gems as "yeah these numbers look bad but they don't matter" and "our physical stores and magazine are more important than our web presence"

all evidence points to them being an extremely poorly-run company with a mindset stuck in the late 80s/early 90s who are only as successful as they are because of inertia.

Literally 2 people at my LGS still play 40k. Everyone else has switched to Warmahordes or Infinity or other miniature games. GW are their own worst enemy.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

President Ark posted:

Can you define what successful means in this context

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Ammanas posted:

Can you define what successful means in this context

Profitable.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Mazz posted:

EDIT: Also, while I really like the idea of the map within the map thing for forest factions, it'll be the first big dynamic change besides magic that hasn't been tested in the previous titles. I hope it doesn't suck.

I'm sure I've been beaten but what about Empires trade zones. OTOH, this is a different engine and would likely have to be built from the ground up so yeah.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.

DiHK posted:

I'm sure I've been beaten but what about Empires trade zones. OTOH, this is a different engine and would likely have to be built from the ground up so yeah.

I was always told Empire was bad and I never got into it so it could very well be built off that idea, I'm not sure. I never saw that in the other games so I thought it didn't exist.

On a side note: holy poo poo I think I might have gotten something done here.

I know it doesn't look like much but basically what happened is I got the game to load a seperate settlement chain when you occupy a human settlement as the Dwarves. It even has upkeep and the replenishment penalty active. This means I can probably flesh this out into a working mod :toot:

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

RNG traits are the stupidest loving thing.

-1 global Public Order for the whole game
-3 leadership and +5% agent success chance

On Grimgor. Seriously?

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Wilekat posted:

On Grimgor. Seriously?

Welp, this things happens, you just gotta roll with the punches, in my current dwarf campaign Thorgrim has harsh and Likes Orcs, the later being stupid and funny as hell at the same time.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Wilekat posted:

On Grimgor. Seriously?

I see you got the Official Mannfred von Carstein random trait set.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Kainser posted:

The game is so good that I'm eagerly waiting to have my wallet drained by CA. Please announce something soon

I'm a little surprised they haven't announced anything yet, especially since the game was supposedly finished a while before launch. I know this is being really impatient, but seeing Fallout get three DLCs announced just for this summer didn't help.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
I'm starting to realize why vampire counts are my favorite. I am so bad at remembering to jack with ranged units, doubly so now that they can't turn around to shoot something just a little to the sides without me holding their hands.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Angry Lobster posted:

Welp, this things happens, you just gotta roll with the punches, in my current dwarf campaign Thorgrim has harsh and Likes Orcs, the later being stupid and funny as hell at the same time.

You get Likes Orcs for sparing them for replenishment instead of killing them after battles. If you get it, you deserve it!

So far I haven't found any trait/trigger combos that I don't like such as shogun 2 or rome 2's random "you left this guy in a town for 2 turns and now he sucks" traits. Might just be that I haven't left anybody in towns very often.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Wilekat posted:

Sometimes they're pretty cool. I left a lord in Marienburg to guard that flank after having watched a raider come down the coast. Several levels later and he's got several +income and +tax traits. Now I can't move him because he's funding whole army stacks by himself.

I got tired of hand holding Gelt in battle so I stuck him in Altdorf for the +mage recruit exp and to see if he will do something similar with +income and support traits. I mean, the guy likes to transmute stuff into gold right?

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Decus posted:

You get Likes Orcs for sparing them for replenishment instead of killing them after battles. If you get it, you deserve it!

So far I haven't found any trait/trigger combos that I don't like such as shogun 2 or rome 2's random "you left this guy in a town for 2 turns and now he sucks" traits. Might just be that I haven't left anybody in towns very often.

Didn't know that but I've never pressed that button, not even with the Empire, so I've got no clue how he got the trait, not that it matters much what traits my characters gain, it's not as bad as Rome 2 was.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Mazz posted:

Given that, I'm pretty interested in making Tilea or TBP work as a merc faction, reactivating the merc recruitment window, etc, it's just not going to be a new faction per-say. I probably also won't change it to a horde faction because I'm not sure I could get it to work fully.

It's easy enough to find pdf scans of the Warhammer books if you wanted to use them for reference (I'd link a copy myself but I'm not 100% sure on :filez: rules). Just to foster discussion here's a rundown of their unit roster:

Lords

Mercenary armies can be lead by Generals (I.E. Captains) or by enterprising Wizards. They can mount warhorses or pegasuses, like generals of the Empire. The Wizards roaming the Southern Realms have access to all the same lores as the Imperial College, mainly because they're college dropouts. In the current game this includes Bright, Fire, Metal, Heavens, and Death lores.

Heroes

Recruitable heroes include Hireling Wizards, Mercenary Captains, and unique to mercenary armies are Paymasters. According to the book every mercenary army must contain a Paymaster, but they cannot be the army's general. Paymasters aren't quite as tough in a fight as Captains and can only unlock warhorses, but are subject to a few special rules:

Paymasters:
  • Are responsible for the salaries of the men and the War Chest.
  • They carry the keys of the warchest with them in battle
  • Paymasters work like the General, making nearby units fight harder and longer
  • If the Paymaster dies, the army panics temporarily. If they don't rout, they fight even harder to get the key back.

Core Units

Pretty standard stuff here including Pikemen in light armor, which work as Spearmen with extra-long spears, and can upgrade to heavy armor. Then there's Crossbowmen, which we all know and love, and then Duelists. Duelists are swordsmen or pistoleers that deploy in a very loose formation, and carry throwing knives to harass enemies. Also part of the core are heavily armored Heavy Cavalry and Light Cavalry that can vanguard deploy with spears or bows.

Special Units

This is where the interesting stuff is. First off are Ogres, which are proper monstrous infantry. They can't regenerate but they'll actually stick around in a fight, are just as tough and cause fear among enemies that would rather not get eaten. They can upgrade with light armor, great weapons, or dual-wield swords. Then there's Dwarfs, which can be kitted out as every variety of the basic Dwarf Warriors and Quarrelers. This is followed up by Norse Marauders that are similarly basic. The Paymaster's Bodyguard is comprised of heavily armored and stubborn Halberdiers that fight hard to protect their paycheck. Finally there's Halflings, quick little midgets that can move quickly through forested terrain. They come in spear (with shields) units and bow units like basic goblins, but they're more accurate with better morale. Just as flimsy though.

Rare Units

Not much here, the Southern Realms have access to some artillery in the form of Cannons and Halfling Hot-Pots. Mercenaries can't maintain the oversized Great Cannons of the Empire, but have smaller, lighter, and easier to move cannons instead. Halfling Hot-Pots are standard catapults that fling cauldrons of boiling soup instead of rocks. Perfect for cooking enemies in preparation for the Ogres.

Regiments of Renown

A few of these are already in the Empire of Sigmar Mod, but they're mostly associated with Dogs of War and can be cheaply recruited into their armies so I'll include them for completeness' sake. Many of these would work better if Creative Assembly had gone with combining heroes with bodyguards (like Grimgor and his Immortulz) but v:v:v.

Core Regiments:

Pirazzo's Lost Legion: Mixed unit with pikes and crossbows wearing light armor, this one can fire and fight at the same time.
Ricco's Republican Guard: All pikes with heavy armor and boosted Melee Attack.
Leopold's Leopard Company: Pikemen with light armor and immunity to psychology.
Alcatani Fellowship: Cheap as hell pikemen that work for any price, but worse melee attack/defense
Vespero's Vendetta: A half-sized unit of Duelists armed with sword and dagger, with throwing daggers. They're able to use their capes as shields in melee. Vespero himself wears a mask that causes fear and could give any combat hero a run for their money.
Marksmen of Miragliano: Crossbowmen with light armor and boosted accuracy
Al Muktar's Desert Dogs: Light Cavalry from Araby, equipped with swords and shields, with a decent charge and better able to stick in fights.
Braganza's Besiegers: Crossbowmen with a pavise shield and heavy armor that gives a large bonus against ranged missiles and magic.
Voland's Venators: A veteran band of heavy cavalry.

Special Regiments

Beorg Bearstruck & the Bearmen of Urslo: A band of norse marauders lead by a giant were-bear. Beorg himself has a Ward Save while the entire unit has a charge bonus.
Oglah Khan's Wolfboyz: (Hob)Goblin wolf-riders. They're tougher than normal goblins and can double as light ranged and light shock cavalry. Even faster when chasing fleeing enemies.
Lumpin Croop's Fighting Cocks: Halfling bowmen. Lumpin Croop lets the unit fend off basic infantry.
Golfag's Ogres: Extra tough ogres
Long Drong's Slayer Pirates: Slayer Dwarfs that hand in the axes for a dual-wielding a stupid number of pistols. They even use them in close-combat to pierce armor.
Ruglud's Armored Orcs: Heavily armored Orcs with Crossbows. Has extra leadership and a tiny ward save from people trying to hit and (usually) missing their goblin mascot Maggot.
The Cursed Company: Independent skeleton warriors led by Richter Krueger the Damned. Hates undead, and units killed by Krueger join his regiment. Has resistance to crumbling, Richter has a ward save, and the skeletons wear light armor.

Rare Regiments

Bronzino's Galloper Guns: Horse Artillery. This thing can keep pace with your cavalry and can even run at doubletime.
Birdmen of Catrazza: Flying crossbowmen.
Giants of Albion: A pair of Giants lead by a Lore of Beasts Druid.
Asarnil the Dragonlord: A High Elf riding a dragon.
Tichi Huichi's Raiders: Spear-toting Skinks riding velociraptors. Lizardmen are awesome.

And for the horribly outdated ones:

Eeza Ugezod's Mother Crushers: Black Orcs that are as tough as Da Immortulz
Disciples of the Red Redemption:Khorne cultists with an inquisitorial bent. Flails, shields, and light armor.
Bugman's Dwarf Rangers: Dwarf Rangers led by one of the biggest names in Dwarf fiction.
The Nightmare Legion: Skeletal Men-at-Arms with shields and guisarmes, these guys seek revenge on the petty Tilean nobles that double-crossed them.
Harboth's Orc Archers: Arrer Boyz that can aim at targets instead of just directions.
Skarloc's Wood Elf Archer's: Basically a Wood Elf adventuring party with 5 named characters in different classes and lots of magic items. There's no way to run this one as a Total War unit.
Throg's Hobgoblin Destroyers: Hobgoblins with swords and shields. Not as bulky as orcs or as weedy as Goblins.
Knights of the Cleansing Flame: Dismounted knights that fight with spears. Their captain dishes out magical attacks.
Mengil Manhide's Dark Elf Company: Dark elves that wear manskin cloaks. They carry sword, shield, and repeating crossbows.
Prince Ulther's Imperial Dwarfs: Dwarf Warriors with axe, shield, and pistols.
Bowmen of Oreon: Extra-quick wood-elf archers.
Grom's Goblin Guard: A hand-selected bunch of extra big and nasty Goblins. Actually possess armor with swords and shields.
Knights Templar Of Origo: Well that's what they are. Dismounted knights with frenzy and immunity to psychology.
Harboth's Black Mountain Boyz: Orcs wielding especially nasty spiked clubs called "Dwarf Ticklers"
Mad Mullah Aklan'd's Death Commandos: Arabyan swordsmen led by a mad wizard.
Mudak's Half Orc Mercenaries: Yeah a mob of "Half-Orcs" originally thrown out of Nuln. Not something that can happen these days.
Notlob's Orcish Artillery: Bolt Throwers.
Elwing's Elven Guard Cavalry: Elven shock cavalry.
Lothern City Guard: Elves that swap between swords and spears.
Karnac's Lizardmen Raiders: Skirmishing infantry with two swords and bows.
Flying Gargoyles of Barda: Daemons for Hire.

Triskelli fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Jun 15, 2016

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Doing a little delving into the trigger tables, mostly because I was curious, it would appear at first glance that you have a chance to get Fearful if your Lord doesn't actively participate in a battle. Thanks autoresolve :argh:

The trait table also appears to have been copy and pasted from another Total War game (probably Attilla), since it has references to naval battles, night battles etc

Edit edit: Well, that explains everyone getting Harsh.

It's acquired via general_post_battle_enslave_player_only_not_horde and appears to be a ruler trait, so if Grimgor eats his captives, he gets Harsh

Wilekat fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jun 14, 2016

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

The Dogs of War and the regiments of renown were amazing, were the Tichi-Huichi Raiders still included in the latest suplement? I loved the models.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
You forgot the grudgebringers, which is cause for a grudgein'. :toughguy:

Klaus88 fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jun 14, 2016

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

So it appears the three agent types for Bretonnia are the Damsel, Lord and Paladin. Not sure if they're active with the playable Bretonnia mod, but that's their listings in the data files

Edit: this is what I get for never pl;aying a custom game. Pickable in customs

Wilekat fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jun 14, 2016

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
so I've been using radious's mod and the faction unlocker to play as a goblin only greenskin army.

I am limiting my self to little or no orks and oh boy is it a bit weird and fun when dwarves show up.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
So can tribes you've subjugated as chaos just decide to stop being your vassal? I have awakened Skaeling and Varg as my vassals up here but given their belligerent past I'm not sure if I trust them to behave.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Deified Data posted:

So can tribes you've subjugated as chaos just decide to stop being your vassal? I have awakened Skaeling and Varg as my vassals up here but given their belligerent past I'm not sure if I trust them to behave.

Did you awaken them, then declare war and actually vassalize them? If so, I don't think they can break away or start problems. If not, they will go to war with each other and be a huge pain in the rear end and you should really just vassalize them

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Wilekat posted:

On Grimgor. Seriously?

I had -3 global public order on Grimgor. It was the worst.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Kaza42 posted:

Did you awaken them, then declare war and actually vassalize them? If so, I don't think they can break away or start problems. If not, they will go to war with each other and be a huge pain in the rear end and you should really just vassalize them

I could have swore I vassalized the Graelings earlier but later I found that they weren't. I must have just forgot to subjugate them. Skaeling and Varg are on lockdwn, though.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Angry Lobster posted:

The Dogs of War and the regiments of renown were amazing, were the Tichi-Huichi Raiders still included in the latest suplement? I loved the models.

Yes, but I was running out of time. I can revise the post with a few more of the 6e regiments and some of the outdated ones for people that are interested when I get some time.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mazz posted:

I recommend taking all of the Silver Road province then stashing your army in the Pillars of Grungni, the view range you have means you can reach either remaining settlement before the Orcs move in, and you can get a real ambush or underway interception set up that gives you a good chance of outright killing Grimgors entire stack. Being that far off your borders also seems to make the AI more likely to try to pick off a settlement.

Doing this usually let me kill a main Orc stack early, which gave me time to go north and take Gunbad without getting raided to hell. Having a defensive alliance with Barak Varr can be helpful here too, you'll have extra vision into the badlands to spot anything dangerous.

Also, if you can, clear all Orc holdings north of you if possible, hopefully Zhufbar and the red dwarfs have helped with that. Grimgor loves to spawn up there and raid from the north, which is really annoying when your working on clearing the badlands. I highly recommend not settling Zhufbar or the north mountains unless you are ready to leave armies there, that poo poo will get attacked by Chaos or anyone else who dislikes you repeatedly. The Silver road is pretty much immune to attacks from the north.

Hah I wish I had read this all before last night. I started a hard campaign as the Dwarves and it took me 3 restarts before I figured out how to beat Grimgor's early push into my territory. Did exactly what you described here, and sadly the Barak Varr's outpost just got taken over by another Orc tribe so I'm going to have to take it.

Grimgor and Thorgrim actually fought each other in one of my battles, and Thorgrim barely one because I had an entire group of hammerers fighting Grimgor as well. He's so tough.

What is funny is as Vampire Counts, my zombie dragon'ed Manfred totally wrecked Grimgor. I loathe fighting the Vampires :(

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Vargs posted:

I had -3 global public order on Grimgor. It was the worst.

That no negative RNG traits mod is a godsend.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

From the Empire of Sigmar mod comments.

quote:

Darth Maul 48 minutes ago
If this is the Empire of Sigmar... Please make "Stormcast Eternals" for Sigmar's sake.
They are the empires best of the best.

Yes.... yes...

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Unique Mechanic: Dogs of War recruitment is based on the Region they are in, not the buildings in the Region.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

It appears there was originally an intent for every faction to have some sort of Lord titling/council system. The council references exist and there's titles for the VC, Greenskins, Dwarfs and Chaos alongside the Empire's set of Arch Lector, Castellan-Engineer etc.

Chaos: Aspirant, Marked One, Champion, Chosen, Exalted
Dwarf: Lode Warden, Reckoner, Ironmaster, Brewmaster, Clan Lord
Greenskins: Lout, Bully, Thug, Brute, Chieftain King
Vampire Counts: Grave Warden, Initiate, Acolyte, Awakened, Red Ascendant

Also don't use the enslave button with your faction leader (maybe at all?) if you don't want that global unrest penalty. This is Dumb and they'll hopefully change it, though people have already started to mod this crap out.

Wilekat fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jun 14, 2016

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Wilekat posted:

It appears there was originally an intent for every faction to have some sort of Lord titling/council system. The council references exist and there's titles for the VC, Greenskins, Dwarfs and Chaos alongside the Empire's set of Arch Lector, Castellan-Engineer etc.

Also don't use the enslave button with your faction leader (maybe at all?) if you don't want that global unrest penalty. This is Dumb and they'll hopefully change it, though people have already started to mod this crap out.

Easiest way to fix that would be to make it so that most traits have a positive and negative aspect to it. Like, ok, you get a global unrest penalty, but the amount of people you dominate doubles. Making it clearer how you got that penalty would also go a long way towards making it feel less arbitrary.

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Can anyone tell me how the +15% income (Local Province) works for heroes? I'm doing my VC play and I've gone across the south all the way to Wissendland, and now its time to take Altdorf then scoot back across the map to destroy the empire. I'm having cash flow problems so I was hoping I could drop a Banshee with the +15% Income in Eastern Sylvania and get a nice income boost but the Banshee has no effect on the regions income.

Is there some sort of trick to get this to work?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

NuckmasterJ posted:

Can anyone tell me how the +15% income (Local Province) works for heroes? I'm doing my VC play and I've gone across the south all the way to Wissendland, and now its time to take Altdorf then scoot back across the map to destroy the empire. I'm having cash flow problems so I was hoping I could drop a Banshee with the +15% Income in Eastern Sylvania and get a nice income boost but the Banshee has no effect on the regions income.

Is there some sort of trick to get this to work?

Are you clicking the deploy hero button?

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

Wilekat posted:

Probably dumped it to make the Empire thing feel more unique.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

Triskelli posted:

Hey, just picked up your Level 4 settlement mod. I was hoping there'd still be one for Dwarfs only, but I can't complain.

Yeah I was going to keep the individuals running but in the long run there wasn't much of a point. All they do is give the AI more possibilities to recruit the units that are actually interesting to fight, and even then it relies on the AI actually building the right buildings in those provinces. The garrison advancements are pretty minor (like an extra unit or 2, or swapping 3 skeletons for 2 grave guard for the VC).

Also it would mean me having to manage the comments/bugs across 6 mods, and keep all of them concurrent with patch changes. :effort:

EDIT: Sweet double post

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

McGavin posted:

Are you clicking the deploy hero button?

Yep, hero deployed. I moved the Banshee right next to the capital and the income adjusted to 105% at the start of the next turn for that region. Should it not be 115% for the region?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carnalfex
Jul 18, 2007

Reik posted:

How hard would it be to create a mod that didn't allow armies to enter forced march the same turn they attack and made it so armies in forced march do not deny the area around them for enemy army movement?

This is probably what you're looking for

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=695635084

It means you can only enter forced march at the very start of a turn with 100% move available.

• Locked thread