Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

enojy posted:

What was in the E3 Experience digital goodie bag? I fell asleep and didn't feel like going to the theatre.

$10 PSN, a theme for Horizon: Zero Dawn, for some reason a code for the 2014 TMNT movie and some stuff for Paragon I believe it was the cheapest pack.

qbert posted:

Was AC Syndicate good? I loved Black Flag and skipped Unity.

Yeah, AC Syndicate is pretty well regarded as a good game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Is Superbeat Xonic any good for rhyyhm game fans?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

muscles like this? posted:

$10 PSN, a theme for Horizon: Zero Dawn, for some reason a code for the 2014 TMNT movie and some stuff for Paragon I believe it was the cheapest pack.
I remember six things on the screen but I honestly can't remember what it said the other two were

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Paragon thing was two in that one of them was access to the beta which is apparently still ongoing.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

did anyone see a king of fighters 14 preorder on psn recently?
i swear i saw one before the e3 announcements but now i can't find the game to preorder at all. maybe i'm crazy

Verno5x
Aug 23, 2003

CRAFT OR DIE
Is Tales of Zestiria worth the $24?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Spoderman posted:

Is Superbeat Xonic any good for rhyyhm game fans?

It's a lot of fun, but it doesn't really feel too engaging until you unlock 6trax FX, but it also stops pulling its punches and goes straight for the jugular on that mode too. I would've liked it better if they had difficulty a separate option from mode, but it's still really fun and worth the purchase if you like music games.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Verno5x posted:

only if you really like tales games. its a tales game through and through only now with a bad camera

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

BGrifter posted:

How was the DLC in Shadow of Mordor? I bought it at launch, platinumed it in a couple weeks and sold it. $12 CAD for the GotY edition is kind of tempting if the DLC is any good.

Muck. Just get the base game.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

In his case, he already played the game. So skip it. The dlc is not worth the time from what I hear. Just an excuse to sell a season pass.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Outside of Tomb Raider are there any games on sale that I should absolutely pick up?

e: I already own Shadow of Mordor and Dragon Age if anyone was going to suggest those. They were very fun.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jun 14, 2016

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Muck. Just get the base game.

I platinumed the base game back when it was new. It was a lot of fun, but I don't think I'd want to replay the base game if the DLC is crap.

Thanks all! Maybe I'll grab Tomb Raider instead.

Eulisker
Sep 2, 2011

Is battlefield 4 or hardline worth it for the campaign? Don't care about multiplayer stuff.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Eulisker posted:

Is battlefield 4 or hardline worth it for the campaign? Don't care about multiplayer stuff.

I thought the battlefield 4 campaign was pretty terrible and would not buy it to play the campaign. The multiplayer is great though and tons of people still play, but I know you wanted single player feedback.

I haven't played hardline.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Battlefield single-player modes aren't worth it unless they have Bad Company in their name.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i loved shadow of mordor but the instant i started up the dlc i felt i was done with the game and just sold it

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Eulisker posted:

Hardline's single player is pretty stupid. Partway through the game you stop being a cop but still can "arrest" people.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Glad I never sold my regular version of Mordor to get the GotY Edition, as it sounds like the season pass wasn't worth it.

Speaking of GotY, I asked last page but is it better to get just get the Dragon Age Inquisition GotY next time it ever goes on sale or just get the base game for $6 from the sale? I never heard much opinions on the dlcs for that game, so I am not figuring it had anything amazing like Shadowbroker in ME2 or the Citadel one for ME3.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Davincie posted:

i loved shadow of mordor but the instant i started up the dlc i felt i was done with the game and just sold it
yeah but i mean its $2 to get the dlc so im probably going to anyway just in case i end up wanting it

whats the deal with omega quintet? dont think ive ever even heard of that

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Rirse posted:

Glad I never sold my regular version of Mordor to get the GotY Edition, as it sounds like the season pass wasn't worth it.

Speaking of GotY, I asked last page but is it better to get just get the Dragon Age Inquisition GotY next time it ever goes on sale or just get the base game for $6 from the sale? I never heard much opinions on the dlcs for that game, so I am not figuring it had anything amazing like Shadowbroker in ME2 or the Citadel one for ME3.

Real hurthling! posted:

Its worth 6 its just a weird game with a mess of incongruent design decisions, lots of worthless activities to grind out currency to buy more story mission access (of which there are only 12 or so) , and lame characters for the most part.

I personally would just play more witcher but if you havent tried it out 6bucks is a great price for all the (boring) content

Someone said the DLC isn't worth it but couldn't find the quote. I've never played the DLC so can't comment.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

DA:I was my least favourite Bioware game ever and I'm so glad I didn't pay for the season pass and just got the base game. Traded it in after a week.

Any idea if/when the E3 sale is hitting the UK/Irl store???

Oh to the guy asking, the BF4 single player is awful and definitely not worth buying if you only intend to play the campaign. The MP is amazing though and I don't know why they bother making SP for BF...

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

CrashCat posted:

I remember six things on the screen but I honestly can't remember what it said the other two were
found it finally

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
As crap as most of that is, I'm still pretty pissed I didn't get it and Sony hasn't responded to my email :mad:

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

Verno5x posted:

As a Tales fan, I'd say to hold off for the next set of eventual games or only play this if you have already played through the PS3 offerings.

It's clunky, the pacing is all over the place for both combat and story, the camera is poo poo, and it uses a vastly different system for leveling where it's ultra dependant on your gear.

Edit: VVV :rolleye:

Mayor McCheese fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Jun 15, 2016

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

zestiria is good and the camera is fine. how did yall survive the ps2 era if the zestiria camera bothered you more than once per 200 battles

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Ineffiable posted:

Hey everyone they're doing spend $100 and get $15 back this week. Good chance to get some sales and lock in a preorder or two for games.

Where did you see this at? The store doesn't say anything about it.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

The Diddler posted:

Where did you see this at? The store doesn't say anything about it.

It's all over the US store.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

man I would preorder horizon dawn and poo poo but I'm not sure it makes sense to with the amazon prime preorder discount now

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

is the star ocean game gonna be good like 2 or bad like all the other star oceans

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Turns out AC4 is only $9 with PSPlus so that seems well worth putting up with Ubisoft's usual problems if I get a good pirate game.

Also Rayman Legends is super cheap. I've had my eye on it forever since I want a fun co-op game to play with my girlfriend. It looks really cute from all the screenshots :3:

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

jabro posted:

It's all over the US store.

Hmm, so it is. I guess I have a touch of the dumb tonight.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Turns out AC4 is only $9 with PSPlus so that seems well worth putting up with Ubisoft's usual problems if I get a good pirate game.

Also Rayman Legends is super cheap. I've had my eye on it forever since I want a fun co-op game to play with my girlfriend. It looks really cute from all the screenshots :3:

Highly highly highly recommend Rayman if you haven't played it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

MeatwadIsGod posted:

its the best 2-d platformer i've played since like snes era. the flow is amazing the content is through the roof, the secrets are great, and the charm is as high as the challenge

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###

1redflag posted:

Highly highly highly recommend Rayman if you haven't played it.

This. I've never played a Rayman until I picked it up last sale, and I'm smitten with it. You get your money's worth at full price, IMO.

I just started on the Origins levels and I'm digging them more than the Legends levels. They seem to have more flavor.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Super No Vacancy posted:

is the star ocean game gonna be good like 2 or bad like all the other star oceans

It's going to be bad like 2 instead of bad like the others.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Watrick posted:

This. I've never played a Rayman until I picked it up last sale, and I'm smitten with it. You get your money's worth at full price, IMO.

I just started on the Origins levels and I'm digging them more than the Legends levels. They seem to have more flavor.

i didn't like how segmented they are but they definitely are still good

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Too bad I bought Overwatch on Sunday, because if I had waited I might have considered grabbing a couple games for a rainy day to round out the remaining $40.

Oh well, nothing wrong with not spending an additional $40!

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
I know Watch Dogs is bad, but is it not worth it at $12 bad?

el3m
Jun 18, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Does buying ps plus from the store count for the spend 100$ deal? I remember hearing that in the previous deals it worked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

ShutteredIn posted:

I know Watch Dogs is bad, but is it not worth it at $12 bad?

It's definitely worth $12 if you enjoy Ubisoft open world games. It's a 7/10 game with a crappy story but some interesting ideas and variable execution. The driving takes a little bit to get used to - you will absolutely hate it at first - but when you get the hang of it you might enjoy driving some of the heavier vehicles and causing mayhem. The online invasion mode was awesome closer to launch, though it's probably not that active at this point.

Don't pay for the version that has the DLC.

• Locked thread