Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Achernar posted:

So did the Berserk author ever get over his crippling Idolmaster addiction?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Wamdoodle posted:

Wow, the only thing I can say that I'm hyped for in regards to new games is this. I want to know if Omega Force can top the intro to the PS2 Berserk game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxqkhhTzzx8

poo poo, if they could get Hirasawa to do another theme song then it's a step in the right direction at least.

Also I know I'm in the minority with enjoying both FotNS musous, but for all of their flaws they at least had a pretty dope buttrock soundtrack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq0uPlQcwH4

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Hmmmm.....Dark theme, giant monsters, musou game? Get ready, fellahs. We're about to get "Berserk Warriors: Now every level is Thriller Bark"!

At least that little dose of hopelessness you feel is theme-appropriate.

Seriously, though, I'm reading through the manga right now in anticipation of this. Watched the anime years back when it ended at Griffith being the world's biggest turd. I'm guessing the anime picked back up at some point? I thought they ended it back then, but it might have just been a long time between seasons and I lost track of it.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

HPanda posted:

Hmmmm.....Dark theme, giant monsters, musou game? Get ready, fellahs. We're about to get "Berserk Warriors: Now every level is Thriller Bark"!

Seriously, though, I'm reading through the manga right now in anticipation of this. Watched the anime years back when it ended at Griffith being the world's biggest turd. I'm guessing the anime picked back up at some point? I thought they ended it back then, but it might have just been a long time between seasons and I lost track of it.

No that's where the anime ended, even in the newer anime movies. The manga covers stuff after that point though, but it's also on perpetual hiatus so the story has yet to finish.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Awesome Welles posted:

poo poo, if they could get Hirasawa to do another theme song then it's a step in the right direction at least.

Also I know I'm in the minority with enjoying both FotNS musous, but for all of their flaws they at least had a pretty dope buttrock soundtrack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq0uPlQcwH4

I enjoyed the Ken's Rage games also. Maybe not as much as the other musous but they weren't outright terrible, to me, at least. I definitely hope the Berserk musou tries something different, for the better.

Hirasawa does some great themes for Berserk's various multimedia outings. I was about to comment that Berserk doesn't have any butt rockish stuff but then I remembered the Penpals's intro to the anime. I like it even though it's pretty engrishy. The outro is good too. For reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TRemrRaPjc

Here's a lyric video for "Forces 2" from Sword of the Berserk that came out on the Dreamcast:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbQIgJagZZ4

HPanda posted:

The anime is really good. I think it's slow pace is a point in it's favor. Then it goes off the loving rails, in a good way I feel, at the end. The manga was good till it started to drag. I haven't kept up with it at all. I can't imagine having to craft a huge story for an audience that just eats up your work without getting burned out. No wonder Kentaro Miura escaped to Idolm@ster.

Instruction Manuel fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jun 15, 2016

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Achernar posted:

So did the Berserk author ever get over his crippling Idolmaster addiction? Did they ever get to Elf Island?

Yes, followed by immediate hiatus (I think a chapter comes out this month?)

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Since Berserk-Mousou talk seems to have distracted everyone I'll point out that One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 is 75% off on Steam until Friday for anyone who doesn't already have it and is looking for a, really good, Warriors game to tide them over.

It's really good and you should all buy it if you haven't already.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

Cernunnos posted:

Since Berserk-Mousou talk seems to have distracted everyone I'll point out that One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 is 75% off on Steam until Friday for anyone who doesn't already have it and is looking for a, really good, Warriors game to tide them over.

It's really good and you should all buy it if you haven't already.

How's the PC version? I have it on PS4 but the frame rate drops too low too often for my liking.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Is this real? What's the connection between Berserk and Idolmaster?

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

PureRok posted:

If I recall correctly. The creator behind Berserk likes Idolmaster.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

PureRok posted:

It's not real, Miura once made an off-hand comment about Idolmaster now it's the go-to joke for why it takes him six months between chapters (if we're lucky).

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It's a meme made funny due to contrast.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Well, I hope koei makes enough money off these anime and crossover games to eventually revisit things like Orochi.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

Drakenel posted:

Well, I hope koei makes enough money off these anime and crossover games to eventually revisit things like Orochi.

I don't know what more can be done with Orochi. That being said, an Empires game wouldn't go amiss nor would a Samurai Warriors style survival mode.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Death Zebra posted:

I don't know what more can be done with Orochi. That being said, an Empires game wouldn't go amiss nor would a Samurai Warriors style survival mode.

Orochi hasn't crossed into the licensed worlds yet (Ninja Gaiden aside, but that's T-K's own property), just the semi-historical ones. It's time to go full Project X Zone with this poo poo. Raoh vs Lu Bu. Luffy vs Yukimura. Guts vs Xiahou Ba. Hold on to your butts. Hell, go full SD Gundam style so they're now human scale and can hang out with the rest of the casts. Full throttle insanity.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

AzraelNewtype posted:

Hell, go full SD Gundam style so they're now human scale and can hang out with the rest of the casts. Full throttle insanity.

Don't ruin things by suggesting SD proportions. I still wish they would get rid of that nonsense in SRW games.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
They haven't been actually SD for years now, and that isn't what I was saying anyway.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
People who hate SD mecha and/or just smaller versions like SRW are not real mecha fans anyway.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

croutonZA posted:

How's the PC version? I have it on PS4 but the frame rate drops too low too often for my liking.

I had very minor framerate issues on my old potato computer but haven't tried it since upgrading. Other than that it's great as far as ports go, just keep in mind that while it does recognize and map controller inputs, that's about the extent of controller support. Button inputs in the menus are all cryptic symbols (just match the color to a 360 controller and you should be able to figure most of it out).

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Did anything ever come of that capcom lawsuit over xtreme legends? If capcom managed to win that, I'll be amazed

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Capcom won. That's why SW4-2 is called SW4-2.

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"

PureRok posted:

Capcom won. That's why SW4-2 is called SW4-2.

Wait...was that really because Capcom actually "won" the case or was it simply playing things safe?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The case hasn't gone anywhere further yet, and it probably won't. It'll eventually expire, like the cross Nintendo D-pad did and Namco's loading screens will.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If you're in the UK Amazon has Arslan Warriors for £12.74

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0173V6192/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

First real screenshots of Berserk Musou.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Well the outfits are definitely not Golden Age, so at least we can imagine they do some of the later stuff.

I want to see some of the apostles, like the butterfly monster and the duke who turns into a giant slug. And you know we need to the see the dude with the giant wheel and all his crazy cronies.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Lotish posted:

Well the outfits are definitely not Golden Age, so at least we can imagine they do some of the later stuff.

I want to see some of the apostles, like the butterfly monster and the duke who turns into a giant slug. And you know we need to the see the dude with the giant wheel and all his crazy cronies.

From the Berserk thread:

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Some of the stuff in the post I did, it could be the url, quite heavily hints that Schierke is playable. If playable Schierke is in, Serpico is guaranteed.

You can see Griffith in one of the screen shots so he is guaranteed. Apparently Famitsu has an 8 page info dump about it in the latest issue that might get scanlated.

e: more details
#Berserk Warriors dev progress is 70% as of this week. First print incentive is an extra costume for Casca drenched in water.
-#Berserk Warriors has 2 directors 川合大 Kawai & 河原淳 Kawahara (can't determine their firstnames yet), both of them follow Berserk for long.
-The reason why there are 2 directors for #Berserk Warriors is because Producer Koinuma is very busy now that he's also COO of Koei Tecmo.
-Many moves from original #Berserk works are being assigned to △ (Charge) attacks in Berserk Warriors
-Guts' sub-weapon will unlock accordingly as story progresses in #Berserk Warriors. In Golden Age arc he doesn't have prosthetic arm yet.
-Once Guts has his prosthetic arm in #Berserk Warriors he'll be able to do things like shooting cannons. Also the Berserker Armor is in.
-Giant bosses in #Berserk Warriors are being handled in a different approach from Zelda/Hyrule Warriors.
-#Berserk Warriors will also include some footages of the 2012 movie version in the game. Game size is approaching PS4 BD disc space limit.
-Koei Tecmo will be releasing #Berserk Warriors for #PS3 in Digital-only in Japan. Yes, even Japan gets Digital-only.
-Schierke is also shown in #Berserk Warriors 1st Famitsu batch. Game's storyline confirmed at least from Golden Age to Schierke's appearance.
-First confirmed locations in #Berserk Warriors
剣の丘 Hill of Swords
ゾッドの間 Zodd's Space
魔女の館 Witch's Mansion
バズーソ城 Bazuso Castle

From this twitter account
https://twitter.com/bk2128

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

Woot! PS3 release. I have a Vita as well but as per my experiences with DW8XLCE I don't really like warriors games on a small screen.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

quote:

First print incentive is an extra costume for Casca drenched in water.

Oh god :doh:

To be fair I saw the picture of the Casca outfit, and they did a great job of matching the look she has in that panel of the manga. But... that's a pretty creepy reward to pick of all possible things you could do. :japan:

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Zaphod42 posted:

To be fair I saw the picture of the Casca outfit, and they did a great job of matching the look she has in that panel of the manga. But... that's a pretty creepy reward to pick of all possible things you could do. :japan:
Did you see the first trailer they released? Creepy seems to be their intended marketing.

I hate it, but I'm still probably gonna get the game because... Berserk Musou. How could I not?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

She's so badass she can cut through armies in just a wet tunic!

Cheesecake stuff is always to be expect with existing IP games. It's like that one woman character in the Ken's Rage games who ran around in a towel or something.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
If you weren't expecting cheesecake from tecmo koei, I don't know where were you before. They put cheesecake in Zelda.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Berserk isn't exactly the mostly family friendly manga to begin with.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Now all they have to do is do the same for Guts. Him in a wet waist cloth. Griffith too.

Cheesecake for everyone!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the primary audience for musou is women so don't worry, there will be plenty of male cheesecake

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Davincie posted:

the primary audience for musou is women so don't worry, there will be plenty of male cheesecake

I've heard that before. Is there a source for that? I mean, it might explain a lot of things but I've never found out if that's true or not.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

these sort of things are hard to get concrete numbers or sources for, but this was in 2011
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/02/16/about-40-of-samurai-warriors-players-are-female/

i've mostly heard that dynasty is more popular than samurai among women, which can be seen in the fact that 2/3 of the pre order merch for dw8 was hot guy stuff and 1/3rd girl stuff. also if you go to fanart sites the musou series art is dominated by female artists and consequently yaoi. also koei was established by a husband wife team (erikawa) and the wife has always worked hard on making games for a female audience, even creating the first otome games.

plus samurai and other fighting men has always been very popular amongst women, just look at stuff like touken ranbu

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

It's the most obvious. Play two minutes of any dynasty warriors games and it's all super hot dudes gettin physical and talking about conquering another hot dude.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

lots of guys giving each other backrubs and offering to live with each other in the SW4 chronicles mode ^^

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Where is the fanart of the most handsome boy of all, pang tong