Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
*one of the greatest guitar solos of all time, but about the Bone S*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

phil spencer's foot gets amputated after becoming necrotic from heroin use and injection site infection

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

shadow puppet of a posted:

So you are saying its already got the wrong ram and the marketing execs are already fighting behind the scenes over people laughing at the goofy pitch for their new console?

Jesus Christ history, please stop repeating yourself. I don't know if I have another 3 years of new lows in me.

Then just... give up? Think of all the things you could accomplish! You could finally write that novel you've been kicking around the ol' brain pan, for instance.

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

First there was the Xbox One Sharktank thread. It served us well. Then it was put out to pasture in the CCC. Then, two months later, Microsoft announces the Scorpio, providing us with a new, 4K Sharktank. We now know, for sure, that Microsoft executives read this forum ala CIG employees.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Instant Sunrise posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1dRgWpGePs

Microsoft cut the line about having the highest quality pixels from the official youtube video about the scorpion.

And yet they left in "the highest rez" line which makes even less sense.

Even if 4k is great, you can always go higher. There's no such thing as infinite resolution.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Oh, it's Zen. Without HBM.

At least the RAM is less wrong?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Oh, it's Zen. Without HBM.

At least the RAM is less wrong?

But there is more of it, which would make it more wrong you see.

Also, its no longer a marathon or a sprint.
https://twitter.com/patrickklepek/status/742416868179247104

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

This is just such a strange move. Why announce a new console two years before it's available, just as you're releasing another, separate, new console? At the same time as you're multiplatforming every single game for your systems? Like what the gently caress is the plan here?

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Pathos posted:

This is just such a strange move. Why announce a new console two years before it's available, just as you're releasing another, separate, new console? At the same time as you're multiplatforming every single game for your systems? Like what the gently caress is the plan here?
Based on the conflicting messaging on whether scorpio will have exclusive games there isn't a plan

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Pathos posted:

I'm beginning to think that maybe MS don't have a loving clue what they are doing, haven't had one for years and simply fell arse-backwards into success with the 360 because the PS3 was such a disaster.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
What are the odds of the entire thing being scrapped alongside the entire xbox division

they are already trying to salvage windows as the true pc gaming platform while valve and apple slowly take them over

maybe ms will be only at the pc gaming conference next year

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

I'm just going to leave this here:

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/304396492314128385

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I'd say fairly low. Would they not be close to or have already taped-out an APU and signed a production contract with AMD? That represents a pretty rock solid commitment to pay $1bn in silicon costs.

Nobody wants to buy it is the biggest problem. There was the active rumour that it was being shopped around but its clear to absolutely everyone, even the crazy Chinese chicken-processor yuan rembini holding funds that buy up unrelated game properties as a wealth-hiding and offshore hedging measures know that consoles are a tech dead end as the livingroom is not that important when even kidney dialysis machines can stream Netflix.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

thank you i have retweeted this for my fans

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Based on the conflicting messaging on whether scorpio will have exclusive games there isn't a plan

It's misleading as gently caress but there's a clear message here.

They said all XBox1 games and accessories will run on Scorpio.

They did not say all Scorpio games and accessories will run on XBox1.

Before the "Beyond Generations" marketing phrase was made up, there was a name for this: a new console generation with backwards compatibility.

They'll release this in Holiday 2017. Throughout 2018, probably, they'll mostly release XBone games that run better on Scorpio. Then, starting in 2019 they'll probably gradually phase out XBone games and only start releasing Scorpio games.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Patter Song posted:

They did not say all Scorpio games and accessories will run on XBox1.
not accessories, no
https://twitter.com/aarongreenberg/status/742514933322027008

quote:

Great thing is with Project Scorpio as part of #XboxOne family all your games will work, no Scorpio exclusives, so no one gets left behind

Mr SoupTeeth
Jan 16, 2015
Can't wait for more frequent 480p gaming on the Bone when Scorpio becomes the target platform.

It turns out the Xbox secret sauce to hit parity with the PS4 was real all along, it just happens to be an entirely new machine!

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Listen guys, we don't have a single exclusive of note anymore, we didn't have anything good to show at E3, we just told everyone to wait for the next xbox 2 years early, and when it arrives your sub 1080/60fps games with dynamic scaling are going to get even LESS attention.

But you aren't getting left behind.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

no gamer left behind. all will be raptured as host when the third xbox returns unto the father in heaven

Mr SoupTeeth
Jan 16, 2015
The prospect of playing an impressive theoretical specifications sheet makes me so goddamn hard.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sony's mic drop this year was them saying "we don't talk about hardware with no games"
its true, they never once mentioned xbox

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
idk, I gotta admit I can't put my whole heart into the "lol your exclusives are gone" thing because who the hell is going to put up with even half of the WIN10/GFWL2.0 bullshit we hear about. It's more like a weird ploy to get people to buy a game, realize it's taking a vicious beating from their weirdo bear trap ecosystem and then deciding to say gently caress this I'll just spend 120 bucks on a used OG xbone and play it there.

Then you get the Bone and realize it's hosed too and hopefully you forget 2 years later and buy a Scorpio because you heard it's going to run that game with a solid framerate and you won't get made fun of for bad ram anymore.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Intel&Sebastian posted:

idk, I gotta admit I can't put my whole heart into the "lol your exclusives are gone" thing because who the hell is going to put up with even half of the WIN10/GFWL2.0 bullshit we hear about. It's more like a weird ploy to get people to buy a game, realize it's taking a vicious beating from their weirdo bear trap ecosystem and then deciding to say gently caress this I'll just spend 120 bucks on a used OG xbone and play it there.

Then you get the Bone and realize it's hosed too and hopefully you forget 2 years later and buy a Scorpio because you heard it's going to run that game with a solid framerate and you won't get made fun of for bad ram anymore.

windows 10 gaming might get better over the next 18 months ha. the xb1 will not

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Maybe "No Scorpio exclusives" is just a tacit admission that the Xbox family in general has no exclusives anymore

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bass Bottles posted:

Maybe "No Scorpio exclusives" is just a tacit admission that the Xbox family in general has no exclusives anymore

good work detective you've blown the case wide open.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

the ps4 'exclusive' list is still full of bullshit and/or bad games that I will never play. In fact sony has lost all its best exclusives. There was a long time when final fantasy and gta and metal gear solid were playstation exclusives, or do we have such short memories? The console war rages on, as a new xbox enters the ring. (bad analogy) If the bone can't kill m$, what can??

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ethanol posted:

the ps4 'exclusive' list is still full of bullshit and/or bad games that I will never play. In fact sony has lost all its best exclusives. There was a long time when final fantasy and gta and metal gear solid were playstation exclusives, or do we have such short memories? The console war rages on, as a new xbox enters the ring. (bad analogy) If the bone can't kill m$, what can??

its already undead

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

When the scorpion detects its prey, it raises its tail into a stinging arch and quickly charges. Anything caught in the scorpions deadly embrace will be dead within minutes

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ethanol posted:

When the scorpion detects its prey, it raises its tail into a stinging arch and quickly charges. Anything caught in the scorpions deadly embrace will be dead within minutes

playstation is an asian street food vendor selling grilled scorpion on a stick

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Scorpions are super gross

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

ethanol posted:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

#barretlied

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

ethanol posted:

In fact sony has lost all its best exclusives. There was a long time when final fantasy and gta and metal gear solid were playstation exclusives, or do we have such short memories?

They were mostly exclusive games in a practical sense, simply because Playstation was the only console powerful enough at the time, not due to moneyhatting. That said, those series are still more Playstation-exclusive than not. Every Final Fantasy except for XV is Playstation-exclusive along with every other Japanese Square IP except for Kingdom Hearts 3. GTA games have always been on other platforms when hardware permitted, GTA was on Dreamcast, and 3/Vice/San Andreas got enhanced releases on Xbox One the first. And Kojima is back to Sony exclusivity now.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Pathos posted:

First there was the Xbox One Sharktank thread. It served us well. Then it was put out to pasture in the CCC. Then, two months later, Microsoft announces the Scorpio, providing us with a new, 4K Sharktank. We now know, for sure, that Microsoft executives read this forum ala CIG employees.

It's still going strong, do you know how bookmarks work?

ethanol posted:

Nothing. Resistance is futile.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

:siren: palmer lucky refused to confirm that scorpio will support occulus during the gb after show

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

Did they question him on Oculus walking the E3 show floor trying to buy exclusives?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

GB_Sign posted:

Did they question him on Oculus walking the E3 show floor trying to buy exclusives?

no but i bet desperation loves company between ms and occulus

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

It's still going strong, do you know how bookmarks work?

Do you have trouble reading? I said where the thread was. I post in it.

You're very strange, man.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Mr SoupTeeth posted:

The prospect of playing an impressive theoretical specifications sheet makes me so goddamn hard.
Me too. Much like the prospect of flying a theoretical Star Citizen spaceship. :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
So if Project Scorpio really does have 6 Teraflops in its GPU, that means it'll have the same graphics processing as a GTX Titan X at best, but then again they'll have to compress it so it's actually less than 6 Teraflops, so we might as well be talking GTX 980 or 980 Ti graphics, while everyone's already on GTX 1070/1080, R9 480/490/Fury X2 graphics.

Actually, everyone will be rendering games with GTX 11 cards and R9 5xx cards, so Project Scorpio's graphics will only be two years behind!

:laffo:

• Locked thread