Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

gently caress you, Turles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

New Leaf posted:

I want him to immediately attack her, just to see how her reflexes are these days..

he's there when krillin removes her bomb in z and didn't attack her when she yelled at him so why would he now

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

A) he's hardcore.
B) Nobody who makes this show remembers that happened, 100% guaranteed.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Pretty sure Future Trunks is stronger than 18 now

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Trunks is strong enough to annihilate Semi-Perfect Cell and pose some form of a threat to Perfect Cell, 18 isn't even on his radar any more.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Manatee Cannon posted:

he's there when krillin removes her bomb in z and didn't attack her when she yelled at him so why would he now

drat I forgot about that. My bad.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

learn the lore!!

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Either have Future Gohan fight using both hands or have him be one armed like in the special.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I think there's some sort of statute that if you show people missing limbs you have to up the rating in Japan so they might be trying to get around that.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

give him a robot arm

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Budokai Tenkaichi 3 did the same so I'm not surprised we get two-armed Future Gohan fighting as if he only had one arm again.

I'm more interested in the fact that he has completely unique animations for Super Saiyan and Super Kamehameha, when the previous game had every move with a specific animation that all its users would have. Either that was changed, or those are new versions of the moves.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

It kinda seems like a waste of effort to animate him fighting one-handed even though he has both arms.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.
Any word yet on whether or not Xv2 is going to half-rear end player transformations like they did last time?

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Is everything going to be governed by RNG?

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Esroc posted:

Any word yet on whether or not Xv2 is going to half-rear end player transformations like they did last time?

This bothered me more then anything "You can't go SS because the engine can't handle it" the number 1 thing when designing a DBZ game is figuring out how to let the players go Super Saiyin.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
We know nothing about the game other than that it's going to cover movie content as well as some Super.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

socialsecurity posted:

This bothered me more then anything "You can't go SS because the engine can't handle it" the number 1 thing when designing a DBZ game is figuring out how to let the players go Super Saiyin.

How were they able to make an engine that can't handle some transformations? I've never played Xenoverse, but the last DBZ fighting game I did play (Budokai Tenkaichi 3) let you do tons of transformations/fusions during battle! You could go through all the stages of Frieza in a single battle. If they can manage it on the PS2 why can't they on the PS4?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rutibex posted:

How were they able to make an engine that can't handle some transformations? I've never played Xenoverse, but the last DBZ fighting game I did play (Budokai Tenkaichi 3) let you do tons of transformations/fusions during battle! You could go through all the stages of Frieza in a single battle. If they can manage it on the PS2 why can't they on the PS4?

What he means is, you don't transform at all with the player character.

You just get golden hair and a golden glow. Some times certain items you wear also change colors.

Your hair remains whatever default hair you picked, which doesn't include a lot of options and most of them are Yamcha.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Rutibex posted:

Too hard to do with how rushed it was I guess.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

it was so much more rushed and yet still so much less of a mess than super.

are video games easier to make than cartoons? makes you think

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

hows super a mess

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Kild posted:

hows super a mess

please don't engage with the shittiest gimmick poster in ADTRW

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I didn't realize I had a gimmick now.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

socialsecurity posted:

Uh, it wasn't so much that the engine couldn't handle it as much as the effort it'd take to model extra hairs for both SSJ and SSJ2 wouldn't justify the cost compared to just changing the color to gold, especially when you had so many choices of races that couldn't go super saiyan.

I hope for Xenoverse 2 they just let humans go super saiyan with no explaination and Namekians can go purple, Freezas change shapes that you customize etc.

And I hope they take the time to model unique hair for SSJ transformations, sure.

It'd be nice.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The one minor thing I would love to have above all else

That I absolutely do not need but would love to have

Colorable Auras.

Pushing that a bit further, it'd also be great if you oculd choose what kind of aura you have- do you want lightning bolts? Red energy things that appear some times? Do you want it to burn like fire or just sort of do the usual glowy thing

But mostly I'd just like to have whatever color aura I want.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

I didn't realize I had a gimmick now.

Greetings shittiest gimmick poster in ADTRW

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

littleorv posted:

Greetings shittiest gimmick poster in ADTRW

You're not out of the woods yet, Orv

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Stairmaster posted:

Hullo?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Burkion posted:

The one minor thing I would love to have above all else

That I absolutely do not need but would love to have

Colorable Auras.

Pushing that a bit further, it'd also be great if you oculd choose what kind of aura you have- do you want lightning bolts? Red energy things that appear some times? Do you want it to burn like fire or just sort of do the usual glowy thing

But mostly I'd just like to have whatever color aura I want.

Hell yeah, I'm totally down for that. They mentioned doing that as DLC for the last one and it never happened, so maybe they decided to add it to this. I'm so hyped for this game. I wasn't expecting to hear an announcement this quick.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There's no such thing as video games

I will gather all of the Dragon Balls to invent them.

Spidder
Jan 9, 2005

So admittedly it's been a while since I played Xenoverse but why does every piece of footage or promotional thing I've seen of X2 look 100% indistinguishable from the first one? Like have they even announced a new feature or some other marketable thing or are they promoting it as 'literally the exact same thing'?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Spidder posted:

So admittedly it's been a while since I played Xenoverse but why does every piece of footage or promotional thing I've seen of X2 look 100% indistinguishable from the first one? Like have they even announced a new feature or some other marketable thing or are they promoting it as 'literally the exact same thing'?

The characters and animations shown in the video are entirely new. We've also seen that the story mode will be different from last time with a bigger focus on changing history (which should've been in the first game to begin with, but whatever), that the hub city is much bigger (seven times, officially) and that you can fly through it, and there's a bigger cast obviously.

I'm not sure what else you expect. It's a sequel, of course the gameplay won't change entirely.

Also my personal wish for the game is just every race having their own transformation. Super Saiyan made Saiyans so much better than everything else, it was flat-out unfair. And this is taking from Online, so bring the trasnformations from there, let me play as a Giant Namek. It won't make Nameks less poo poo, but just being able to play as a giant boss even if temporarily would be fun as hell. Buus can have their Pure form, Freeza Clan can get a customizable Final Form, and I'm sure they can think of something for the humans. Apparently this was meant to be in the first but never got in for some reason, so this would be a really good time to fix that. Also fix the Saiyan hair issue, it's pretty bad when modders have done it but the actual game hasn't.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Visually, it's the same as the PC version of XV one. There's no improvement in fidelity.

It's harder to tell new animations and such.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Blackarot

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

The characters and animations shown in the video are entirely new. We've also seen that the story mode will be different from last time with a bigger focus on changing history (which should've been in the first game to begin with, but whatever), that the hub city is much bigger (seven times, officially) and that you can fly through it, and there's a bigger cast obviously.

I'm not sure what else you expect. It's a sequel, of course the gameplay won't change entirely.

Also my personal wish for the game is just every race having their own transformation. Super Saiyan made Saiyans so much better than everything else, it was flat-out unfair. And this is taking from Online, so bring the trasnformations from there, let me play as a Giant Namek. It won't make Nameks less poo poo, but just being able to play as a giant boss even if temporarily would be fun as hell. Buus can have their Pure form, Freeza Clan can get a customizable Final Form, and I'm sure they can think of something for the humans. Apparently this was meant to be in the first but never got in for some reason, so this would be a really good time to fix that. Also fix the Saiyan hair issue, it's pretty bad when modders have done it but the actual game hasn't.

I'll just take Kaioken for Humans. Keeping them relatively "vanilla" compared to everyone else would fit the lore. Other than Android Upgrades, I can't imagine what else there could be.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

New Leaf posted:

I'll just take Kaioken for Humans. Keeping them relatively "vanilla" compared to everyone else would fit the lore. Other than Android Upgrades, I can't imagine what else there could be.

The Roshi BUFFED OUT form.

Everyone gets shirtless max buff bodies even the women but they all look like different colored Roshi torsos

Freezas can also get MAX Buffness

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Spidder posted:

Welcome to fighting game sequels?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Burkion posted:

The Roshi BUFFED OUT form.

Everyone gets shirtless max buff bodies even the women but they all look like different colored Roshi torsos

Freezas can also get MAX Buffness

Just give that to everyone. All of the races except Namekians have used a super buffed up form at some point in the series (Roshi had his MAX Power form, Freeza had his 100% Final Form, Vegeta and Trunks had their 2nd and 3rd Grade Super Saiyans, and Buu became super buff after absorbing one of the Kais). And the Namekians can just use their Giant Form to become buff too if you need an excuse.

What I'm saying is that muscles are good even if they completely destroy your speed, drain Ki at an insane rate, and the series itself shows that they hinder more than they help.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I want all people to have the power of Swole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Blaze Dragon posted:

Was Dragon Ball Online fun? I never got to play it.

Also, if Xenoverse 2 actually runs decent on Xbone I'll get it. Burst Limit is still my favorite DBZ game but Xenoverse was almost really cool.

• Locked thread