Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

This is exactly where the conversation was going, and if I didn't at least mention it with the other stuff I was saying I'd have probably made a few people upset.

Anyway I just gpt off work, did nintendo announce anything else or was it mostly zelda and pokemon? I'm ok with just zelda and pokemon cause I want them both more than any other game coming out right now though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

hemale in pain posted:

Witcher is the best really, just throw out all that dumb "you are the character" and give him some drat personality and story.

I don't think I could be paid to care about Link's personality or the story of a Zelda game. The latter has never been a strong suit of the franchise.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Sprite141 posted:

This is exactly where the conversation was going, and if I didn't at least mention it with the other stuff I was saying I'd have probably made a few people upset.

Anyway I just gpt off work, did nintendo announce anything else or was it mostly zelda and pokemon? I'm ok with just zelda and pokemon cause I want them both more than any other game coming out right now though.

Only other thing besides Zelda and Pokemon (which they devoted 45 minutes to, leading to much goon angst) was that there's a new Mario Party for 3DS coming out in November.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Sprite141 posted:

Anyway I just gpt off work, did nintendo announce anything else or was it mostly zelda and pokemon?

A second Mario Party game for the 3DS.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Sprite141 posted:

Paper Mario got a release date

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Before I catch up on the next 150 posts I'm going to assume 90% are about the girl link fiasco

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Aww. Well there is always the nintendo direct! It makes sense for them to hold off on stuff considering that the NX is coming soon and much development must have been placed on that.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Raserys posted:

Before I catch up on the next 150 posts I'm going to assume 90% are about the girl link fiasco

You're going to be begging for more Girl Chat once they show the next Paper Mario game.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

link is a girl and waltzing along is a bitch

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Dog link is already a bitch. You can tell because she is naked and there is no dong.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

You're going to be begging for more Girl Chat once they show the next Paper Mario game.

Are we assuming that shows up tomorrow?

If so, it'll be no end of people going "this game sucks" for no reason and it'll be both hilarious and sad. Also people acting like Miyamoto ran over their dog.

EDIT: One of these days you'll all regret saying mean things about Miyamoto. Guy won't be around forever.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Waltzing Along posted:

Dog link is already a bitch. You can tell because she is naked and there is no dong.

:shittypop:

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"

Raserys posted:

Pretty much. Jivjov is captain of the PC Patrol and demands gender equality in fictional video games

This has been kind of a depressing e3 so far

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
It's not "no reason," Paper Mario has far from a perfect track record.

One really good game, one pretty good game, one game that could very generously be described as mediocre, and one that's awful.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Jonny_Rocket posted:

Pretty much. Jivjov is captain of the PC Patrol and demands gender equality in fictional video games

You say this as if wanting representation in media is a bad thing.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Kind of a shame that we'll probably have to wait until NX launch to play BotW, especially since I don't care at all about it.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Raserys posted:

Just come back in 2 or 3 days and then maybe people will hopefully just be talking about how catastrophically boring this E3 was for Nintendo.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

jivjov posted:

Absolutely nobody at any point has said or implied that female representation in media is a bad thing, don't be willfully dense.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Saying "PC Patrol" is about as embarrassing as all of jivjov's labored defenses of Nintendo's account and online systems.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

jivjov posted:

yeah i bet you also wanted black people in Frozen

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"

jivjov posted:

It's not a bad thing at all, but why take an already established, iconic character that has over 25 years of history and change them completely because some people demand it? Do something fresh, exciting and new - like Bayonetta for example

Motto posted:

Saying "PC Patrol" is about as embarrassing as all of jivjov's labored defenses of Nintendo's account and online systems.

Nah. Jivjov is much more of a manchild

Jonny_Rocket fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jun 15, 2016

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

They have already changed Link in various ways. For example, sometimes he has been a grown man and sometimes he has been a tiny child. Everyone lived.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I was wrong, it was 99%

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

gently caress, you're right, go back to Girl Talk

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I hope people continue to ogle Link's shirtless bishie body in the future

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

This is the [current year] where is the [age/gender/species/imaginary friends/mental illnesses] slider

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Raserys posted:

And the following 150 because people cannot handle other people wanting a female Link.

Soral
May 30, 2009

im very proud of nintendo for introducind the first ever openly gay link in the upcoming legend of zelda game

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

And the following 150 because people cannot handle other people wanting a female Link.

yeah, thats it

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

RyokoTK posted:

Absolutely nobody at any point has said or implied that female representation in media is a bad thing, don't be willfully dense.

The implication of "captain of the PC Patrol" and the overall tone of Jonny_Rocket's post is pretty clear; don't be willfully dense.

Jonny_Rocket posted:

It's not a bad thing at all, but why take an already established, iconic character that has over 25 years of history and change them completely because some people demand it? Do something fresh, exciting and new - like Bayonetta for example

Because allowing players to select Link's gender is a net positive; Link's gender has never been integral to the story, and allowing players to play as a female character if they so choose is great for being inclusive.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
calling you "captain of the PC Patrol" is him insulting you specifically, not women

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I mean Zelda looks cool but I still can't believe they basically took a pass on E3 when they have a new console allegedly coming out in less than a year.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Tender Bender posted:

I mean Zelda looks cool but I still can't believe they basically took a pass on E3 when they have a new console allegedly coming out in less than a year.

Yea my thoughts as well

Has any other company transitioned so poorly into a new console?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Motto posted:

Bears repeating.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

jivjov posted:

don't be willfully dense.

dont sign your loving posts jivjov

jivjov posted:

Because allowing players to select Link's gender is a net positive; Link's gender has never been integral to the story, and allowing players to play as a female character if they so choose is great for being inclusive.

so you want female link for the sake of having it instead of progressiveness? nice don't be willfully dense

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Perhaps you should clarify whether you'd like Link to be a girl in an upcoming game because you'd think it'd be neat, which I would agree with; or if you think that they should make Link a girl in the next game, in which case I'd ask what would be the point. I'm going to assume you don't honestly think they should put in the extra dev time to focus on making a female variant of Link for BoTW over actually polishing the game and adding gameplay elements, because that's just downright silly.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

SylvainMustach posted:

Yea my thoughts as well

Nintendo, when they released the Wii U and somehow could not effectively communicate that it was an entirely new console and not an accessory or something for the Wii.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

SylvainMustach posted:

Yea my thoughts as well

Nintendo themselves in 2012, I guess.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
If the new Zelda game makes even one NeoGAF poster violently commit suicide it will be the automatic GOTY

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

If the new Zelda game makes even one NeoGAF poster violently commit suicide it will by the automatic GOTY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Lumpy the Cook posted:

If the new Zelda game makes even one NeoGAF poster violently commit suicide it will by the automatic GOTY

It already is.

• Locked thread