Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
That's why he'll never be champion. Even gifting Seb the win would still have him far behind in the championship if both Nico and Lewis scored 0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

djssniper posted:

Nico should have taken Lewis out, Prost or Senna would have done it, jeez even Schumacher had it in him

You're missing the bit where Nico is a massive bitch.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

nsaP posted:

Yes this. Your one move on a straight can be like a simple 'pick a side', inside or outside. But into braking they are allowed to return to the racing line so long as they leave enough space for the other car. For me this was like Lewis squeezing Ricci last week, left just enough space but the move caused the outside driver to make a mistake.

see, for the longest time the rule seemed to be that if you moved off the racing line to defend your spot, you had to take the compromised line into the corner, though I think the "you can move back onto the racing line" "rule" dates back to when Schumi started doing that.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

afaik you can move back *for* the braking zone but not *in* the braking zone

Also you can take weirdo hosed up lines which block if that's your "usual" line. I don't know if that's a rule but it seems to be allowed by the stewards.

More important question: did anyone see Hatty Dreadmarshal in Canada this year? I didn't, but I only had half an eye out

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
What I'm meaning is that, for instance, when you see a driver move all the way to the far right side early on a straight to defend an upcoming right turn, he isn't required to stay on the far right side of the track thru braking into the turn. Instead, he just needs to stay to the right of the other car, but can move back to the left side of the track to prepare his entry to the turn.

Besides first corner first lap shenanigans you rarely see drivers enter a turn with their car already on the inside. On a long straight they will move to the very inside of the track, but then move back out to the outside to prepare for the turn, while leaving enough space for a challenging car on the outside. Just like what happened with the Verstappen/Rosberg spin incident.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Come to think of it I can't even recall a recent example where a penalty was issued for a second move to defend.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Blocking is a tough call since lines factor into a stewards interpretation of the rules. Most of the time you don't even have enough space to make any more than two total moves, so it's rare to have a clear cut case of blocking.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Oh who cares. It was hard racing from Max yes but it was nico's fault for being such a bitch. Would Lewis , Are Dan or Alonso been stuck behind him down in the lower end of the points? Would they nelly. There would have been a "dan dare last of the late breakers" move that would have got past him or taken him out. From this point on Max knows Nico's got no balls and Nico knows Max knows he's got no balls and all is cool and good in the world.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I like this season.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
It's pretty good.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I said it in irc: Nico contrived to have an embarrassing spin at the only complex in F1 where it's perfectly acceptable for anyone to crash out. It's shameful and he should feel bad.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

For what it is so far it's been pretty good. If Ferrari catch up it would make it a great season, but that simply will not happen.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Norns posted:

I like this season.

I know :allears:

So much going on at the front at the start that multiple pile ups are happening at the back and they don't even make it onto TV for example.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
This is the most I've liked Sebastian in a while

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H4yPEur4Nk

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

keevo posted:

Hah!

GokieKS
Dec 15, 2012

Mostly Harmless.

keevo posted:

Ahahahaha, this is fantastic.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I'd sure like to give Lee a hard time, if you know what I mean fellas!

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

gret posted:

I'd sure like to give Lee a hard time, if you know what I mean fellas!

Mods!!!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I'm now officially for the Scud lads.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

It's weird that he's so likable now.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
The Scud makes everyone better. Imagine if Ricciardo were there.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Minto Took posted:

It's weird that he's so likable now.

Until his next petulant sulk over nothing on the team radio at least.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Sometimes we all need a good cry.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

The Scud makes everyone better. Imagine if Ricciardo were there.

Nando was always great, even before The Scud :colbert:

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Counterpoint: Kimi is poo poo

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Did Nico say "pissed" in that interview? Is that what SkyTV thinks is swearing?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
I just had a thought. So Nico's contract with Merc is up after this season, right? What if they don't resign him because he's poo poo (and he can't stand being team mates with HAM). So they sign Vettel, because if he can't beat them for a WCD, join them. Would we hate Vettel? :ohdear:

On the upside, HAM and VET would make an awesome team. After seeing their interactions post Canada It'd be like a buddy cop film or something.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

MrMojok posted:

Did Nico say "pissed" in that interview? Is that what SkyTV thinks is swearing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uoz_7FIWcmw

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

All that would happen is Vet and Ham would hate each other....exactly what happened with former BFF's Nico and Ham.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

freeranger posted:

All that would happen is Vet and Ham would hate each other....exactly what happened with former BFF's Nico and Ham.

STOP RUINING MY DREAMS :argh:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

GramCracker posted:

On the upside, HAM and VET would make an awesome team. After seeing their interactions post Canada It'd be like a buddy cop film or something.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Super Seb would actually challenge Hammy Lew in that pairing so that would be interesting. Super Seb doesn't need stickers on his steering wheel.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Make sense

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
I'd like to call Lee's dad if you kno'wa'mean

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Can we take a moment to discuss how loving awful the Baku street circuit is?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQgAET0KczI

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Looks better than Monaco tbqh

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Sky get fined if someone says a swear before the watershed and they don't say sorry, pissed is normal in America but a swear in the UK. Kind of like how oval office is really shocking to a lot of Americans but old ladies use it here.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Pirelli are telling anyone and everyone the tyres are going to explode and that the track temps they are expecting will cause the tarmac over the cobbles to break up. At this point I'm wondering if people who once bought a bike tyre five years ago will find an email from them saying "we are telling you it's not our loving fault if they all go bang, we warned them, we warned them months ago but did they listen. No."

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Baku truly a classic European GP in the making.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

El Hefe posted:

Looks better than Monaco tbqh

A very lazy attempt at a troll, mate. I expect better from you

• Locked thread