Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
What happens if a nominee drops out after their party's convention? Or within a few months of the election?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Jealous Cow posted:

What happens if a nominee drops out after their party's convention? Or within a few months of the election?

the RNC/DNC picks their replacement. same if they die, etc

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Al! posted:

For Gods sake low information voter has got to be the worst dog whistle

I didn't mean it as a dog-whistle, low info voters are a majority of the electorate. But yeah, NA is probably lower info since they average less education and tougher life situations than the national average, I assume.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

the RNC/DNC picks their replacement. same if they die, etc

Of course, the fun part is if they drop out after the state ballot cutoff. Their name would still be on the ballot, and then FUNTIMES happen.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Why is this veepstakes news? Christie is Trump's sycophantic manservant, not his potential VP.

paranoid randroid posted:

i mean, hes not wrong taht we just sent huge stacks of cash over to Afghanistan and Iraq for """"reasons"""

but still, lol baskets

There was zero accountability for actually physical pallets of money and billions went "missing" during the war. I'd be stunned as hell if some soldiers didn't try to hide a few bricks of $100s somewhere like in whatever that movie with George Clooney and Matt Damon was called. I wish we only sent "baskets" of money though. Or maybe Trump was thinking of that money when he made his comments. Assuming Trump thinks and isn't pure improv.

blue squares posted:

Isn't Anderson Cooper not being fair to that Florida woman, considering she was the Attorney General and it's her job to defend whatever the law is? Would she be allowed to decide not to defend a law just because she personally disagreed with it? And as a lawyer defending a law, wouldn't she have to use whatever she thinks is the most effective legal argument?

Keep in mind that I am 100% in favor of gay rights myself

NC's AG has outright refused to defend stupid laws like their trans bathroom bill. You could make the argument that an AG should know when a law is hilariously and indefensibly unconstitutional and would have a duty to not waste the state's time and taxpayer money on it. An AG should not be trying to fuel "gay panic" regardless though.

shiksa posted:

Not if they can't pay his 100 million ransom demand for attending a debatr

Man if he actually skips a general election debate it'd be so incredible. Several hours of major news networks covering a Q&A with Hilary while constant "Trump's too much of a coward to show up" comments get made. Surely no network, even Fox, would consider canceling a debate if Trump decides not to attend.

Oiled and Ready posted:

You think so? For making jokes on a senator a low-info voter only knows is "the white woman who said she was Native American to be special"?

Gonna go out on a limb here and say that Native American communities pay closer attention to stuff like that than other Americans do since an actual Native American senator would be a big deal. Even if it's someone who has to track it back several generations to a single relative, maybe.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Oiled and Ready posted:

I didn't mean it as a dog-whistle, low info voters are a majority of the electorate. But yeah, NA is probably lower info since they average less education and tougher life situations than the national average, I assume.

I think said low information voter is going to assume he's using the slur normally directed at them racistly

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

nachos posted:

If he is still down double digits in a couple months I think he's going to cite some mysterious health reason and drop out. There's no loving way trump has the stamina to lose badly and be ridiculed for 5 more months.

I'm not too far off from your opinion but I think the health reason excuse doesn't come out until after he publicly melts down and it comes from a surrogate.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Others have pointed out that Trump appears to have at least one major personality disorder, so it's worth looking at how the stress of a presidential campaign could exacerbate it. He's in good physical shape for his age. But he's not in good health.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

http://polling.reuters.com/#!poll/TM651Y15_13/filters/LIKELY:1/type/smallest/dates/20160401-20160614/collapsed/true/spotlight/1

Bloomberg is not the only new poll showing a double digit lead for Clinton. :sad:

Trump's a nasty guy!

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Oiled and Ready posted:

I assume he's talking about things like the weekly show at our gay nightclub, DJ GLITTERTITZ

how dare you impugn my musical career

Zelder fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jun 15, 2016

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Illusive gently caress Man posted:

is "if you can dig the music" even a thing? does anyone on this planet not enjoy madonna - like a prayer???

Black Jesus and a burning cross in the music video was a big deal at the time.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Oiled and Ready posted:

You think so? For making jokes on a senator a low-info voter only knows is "the white woman who said she was Native American to be special"?

Evil Fluffy posted:

Gonna go out on a limb here and say that Native American communities pay closer attention to stuff like that than other Americans do since an actual Native American senator would be a big deal. Even if it's someone who has to track it back several generations to a single relative, maybe.
Correct. Elizabeth Warren may or may not have Native American heritage (if she does, it's way back in the past), but either way Trump constantly calling her "Pocahontas" is not going to endear him to the vast majority of Native Americans.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

fade5 posted:

Correct. Elizabeth Warren may or may not have Native American heritage (if she does, it's way back in the past), but either way Trump constantly calling her "Pocahontas" is not going to endear him to the vast majority of Native Americans.

It's not going to endear him with anyone who doesn't like someone who acts like a giant dick.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Zwabu posted:

http://polling.reuters.com/#!poll/TM651Y15_13/filters/LIKELY:1/type/smallest/dates/20160401-20160614/collapsed/true/spotlight/1

Bloomberg is not the only new poll showing a double digit lead for Clinton. :sad:

Trump's a nasty guy!

That's only a 9 point lead. :sad:... For Clinton!!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

That's, uh, an 11 point lead. 44-33 = 11, even in Common Core.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Zwabu posted:

It's not going to endear him with anyone who doesn't like someone who acts like a giant dick.

It's so loving stupid and typical of the "hurr hurr libs" voters who support him.

As far as we know it was an honest mistake on her part and there's very little evidence to the contrary.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

If you scroll the little line out to the most recent data point you get:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i did see some sanders people on twitter calling her pocohontas for BETRAYING THEM but i think that was probably a momentary lapse in judgement

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Pook Good Mook posted:

It's so loving stupid and typical of the "hurr hurr libs" voters who support him.

As far as we know it was an honest mistake on her part and there's very little evidence to the contrary.

Everyone has someone telling them about maybe not true family ancestry, my great uncle claims we have relatives who were Quakers who came over in the 1600s but I have no idea how true that really is.

In this scenario I'd be an oatmeal peddler in my trumpian nickname

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

shiksa posted:

Everyone has someone telling them about maybe not true family ancestry, my great uncle claims we have relatives who were Quakers who came over in the 1600s but I have no idea how true that really is.

In this scenario I'd be an oatmeal peddler in my trumpian nickname

Yeah, the worst case scenario is that she goosed her resume a bit, like about 90% of the population has at one time or another.

Her professional accomplishments are what matter, and they're impressive enough that Republicans desperately want to talk about something else.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

since like 80% of this country claims to be irish, maybe trump can attack the irish on his scotland visit next.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

im surprised that trump hasn't cancelled his scotland visit tbh, seems like travelling outside of the country would be extremely dangerous for him right now.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Al! posted:

im surprised that trump hasn't cancelled his scotland visit tbh, seems like travelling outside of the country would be extremely dangerous for him right now.

I'm surprised Scotland still lets him in.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I don't wish harm on anyone but I hope a drunk Scotsman calls him a boggin oval office to his face.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Wasn't the UK going to vote to ban Trump from the country a while ago? I guess nothing came of that

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Deteriorata posted:

I'm surprised Scotland still lets him in.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Lol

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Zwabu posted:

If you scroll the little line out to the most recent data point you get:

Maybe it's because I'm on mobile but all in seeing from the link is a 44.7-35.7 with 19.5 undecided. Either way it's terrible for Trump

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

PleasingFungus posted:

whenever you get off probation, i'm curious: what's your opinion of donald j. trump's tax plan?

I think he will need to fix his tax plan if he wants to fix the debt. Personally I don't like taxes.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

a dog from hell posted:

I think he will need to fix his tax plan if he wants to fix the debt. Personally I don't like taxes.

Hm I appreciate the subtleties in this solidly formulated opinion

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

shiksa posted:

Hm I appreciate the subtleties in this solidly formulated opinion

What do you want to happen? I am an alcoholic. gently caress it vote Trump. Looking forward to my probation.

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

Oiled and Ready posted:

He was also nominally supportive of those Bundy idiots in Oregon. While they were rummaging around in native american stuff and cutting roads through sacred grounds and all.

Probably not a particularly big deal, but you just reminded me of it.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

I'm just glad you responded to a challenge from pages ago and what you came up with was 'its bad and I don't like taxes go trump'

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

:eyepop: drat son, where'd you find this

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Do you know who actually does the polling? Niether are on 538 pollster ratings and I cannot find good discussion.

SELZER & COMPANY did the study, who are rated A+ by 538 (w/ a bias of +0.0).

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

shiksa posted:

Ah hell I'm from Greensboro

I'm proud he's attacking the troops in flag day in my hometown

yooo me too :hf:

Deteriorata posted:

Yeah, the worst case scenario is that she goosed her resume a bit, like about 90% of the population has at one time or another.

Her professional accomplishments are what matter, and they're impressive enough that Republicans desperately want to talk about something else.

not sure myself, but didn't it turn out to be harvard listing her for some minority/NA thing to seem more diverse and she never used it herself to get an advantage?

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
Trump will be the next FDR *fart*

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Video of Trump comment about soldiers taking money

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoAriULv1P8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Epic High Five posted:

Did Obama even mention Trump?

He said "politicians who tweet and sell magazines" or something. I thought it was pretty clear who he was talking about.

• Locked thread