Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

RVWinkle posted:

You have no idea how much this depresses me. Left handed people have been discriminated against since the birth of civilization. The Latin word for left is literally "Sinister" and left handed people are forced to change their lifestyle even today. The ONLY left positive representation in all of video games was removed with barely any kind of of consideration and it's awful!

Like the past six presidents have been left handed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
The past six presidents are all war criminals

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

I hear four of the eight supreme court justices have a tail

edit for contnet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ze05xdORvYs
this looks like my poo poo

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

barack obama understandably didn't play witcher 1 but his silence on witcher 3 is deafening

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
you nerds are making me resent the beautiful WiiU and Zelda

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

oddium posted:

barack obama understandably didn't play witcher 1 but his silence on witcher 3 is deafening

Biden keeps roping him into games of Rocket League, he probably doesn't have the time.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

SylvainMustach posted:

you nerds are making me resent the beautiful WiiU and Zelda

impossible, we don't actually have the power to tarnish something so beautiful

more content
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIrY56yg7dY
this is earlier in the stream, I'm not watching it cause I like the very early game unspoiled, assuming that's what this is

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Zas posted:

impossible, we don't actually have the power to tarnish something so beautiful

more content
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIrY56yg7dY
this is earlier in the stream, I'm not watching it cause I like the very early game unspoiled, assuming that's what this is

impossible as it may be these egg suckin' turds are doing a fine job of it.

at least I got in three good splatoon matches in a row

Splatoon is so very good. I needed that reminder.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I've seen people make "Please Understand" zingers today and...um...that's really weird you'd do that considering nobody at the company says that anymore.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I've seen people make "Please Understand" zingers today and...um...that's really weird you'd do that considering nobody at the company says that anymore.

I don't think you're understanding enough.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

^efb

Viewtiful Jew posted:

iwata would... understand

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013
I wish Chico was the one demoing every game at E3 because she understands my need for destruction

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Who does Obama play as in Overwatch

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

aonuma('s translator) definitely said it at one point during the stream to be fair

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Zas posted:

what about smrpg makes you want a sequel as opposed to pm or m&l? the characters, the systems, the art, the writing?

for me it's yoko shimomura music

The music is a very strong component, but I also love the strange and wonderful world around Mario and I genuinely appreciate the battle system

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

The music is a very strong component, but I also love the strange and wonderful world around Mario and I genuinely appreciate the battle system

Yeah I like the first 2 Paper Mario games a lot and I think the Mario and Luigi games are mostly good (although never quite great) but SMRPG has a special place in my heart. It felt completely like a Mario title but it also hit all the notes of a golden age Squaresoft RPG.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

SylvainMustach posted:

For all I know it could be fun as hell but there's something about it that just doesn't look good.

I guess I'll get an NX then.

I hope there's a XCX sequel on it.
It's a shame there's not something floating in the ether that they couldn't localize to just hold us over, even if it's weird.

A while back for this thread I looked into what Japan only Wii U games there were.

A bunch of eshop shovelware
Romance of the Three Kingdoms 12 (if an English version existed at all for other platforms Koei probably would've thrown it up as digital only, but it doesn't so they didn't. Rot3K 13 did get an English version but no Wii U version)
A Yokai Watch game
A Kamen Rider game? (Namco-Bandai isn't stupid enough to release a game based on a live-action Japanese tv show, the one thing even more fringey than anime)
A Puyo Puyo game. Cry, puyo puyo fans.
The Monster Hunter MMO. AKA Japan: the Videogame.
Dragon Quest X. AKA Dragon Quest the MMO. Aka Japan: the Videogame II.

There is nothing to bring over.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

romanowski posted:

aonuma('s translator) definitely said it at one point during the stream to be fair

can confirm.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Macaluso posted:

Who does Obama play as in Overwatch

Barack Obama is too busy personally 'Overwatching' tactical drone missile strikes against civilian centers in wartorn central Asian reasons to play Overwatch.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

there's a new trailer for Shantae HGH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kfc7VHv2uFc

Game looks good! I don't know if I ever really doubted Wayforward's ability to make a good game, but I'm still glad it does.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

WayForward please make a sequel to Sigma Star Saga

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Paper Mario is showing up tomorrow.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
hell yeah yokai watch 2

edit: it better have bruce willisper, will smithper, and leonardo dicaprinyan

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Amppelix posted:

there's a new trailer for Shantae HGH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kfc7VHv2uFc

Game looks good! I don't know if I ever really doubted Wayforward's ability to make a good game, but I'm still glad it does.

Reminder that Mighty No. 9's budget is four times bigger than this game's

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Patter Song posted:

A while back for this thread I looked into what Japan only Wii U games there were.

A bunch of eshop shovelware
Romance of the Three Kingdoms 12 (if an English version existed at all for other platforms Koei probably would've thrown it up as digital only, but it doesn't so they didn't. Rot3K 13 did get an English version but no Wii U version)
A Yokai Watch game
A Kamen Rider game? (Namco-Bandai isn't stupid enough to release a game based on a live-action Japanese tv show, the one thing even more fringey than anime)
A Puyo Puyo game. Cry, puyo puyo fans.
The Monster Hunter MMO. AKA Japan: the Videogame.
Dragon Quest X. AKA Dragon Quest the MMO. Aka Japan: the Videogame II.

There is nothing to bring over.

There's a Taiko no Tatsujin game or two that would go over well if they brought them over but they're so full of licensed (mega-Japanese) music that it'll never happen.

The Yokai Watch game is Yokai Watch Just Dance, so not only is it a bad game to begin with but it only has like 8 songs or something because Yokai Watch doesn't have poo poo to contribute.

The Puyo game is Puyo x Tetris so it has the double whammy of "Sega thinks westerns hate Puyo" and "Tetris Company hates everyone".

The Kamen Rider game is a toys-to-life thing, I think.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
I actually like Kamen Rider/Most Tokusatsu so I'd play the hell out of that.

I didnt realize, eshop games aside, how small this console's library must be. At least it'll be easy to finish collecting all of the good games (and some of the middle ground ones).

I'm just wondering if SF Zero or Windwaker will ever go down in price retail-wise.

I know WW has an alright sale going on but I prefer owning the actual game.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

BillmasterCozb posted:

hell yeah yokai watch 2

edit: it better have bruce willisper, will smithper, and leonardo dicaprinyan

I can't believe Bruce Willisper is a thing from the actual game and not some localized thing.

Just stick all the American celebrities who do commercials in Japan for money in the game. Gimmie a Nicholas Cage Yokai.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Reminder that Mighty No. 9's budget is four times bigger than this game's

I don't know why you felt the need to drop a sick own on MN9 over this Shantae trailer, but also we don't actually know what either games' budget is (unless we actually know MN9's?) because both studios are putting their own money, and maybe some other money as well, on the project in addition to the kickstarter.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Amppelix posted:

I don't know why you felt the need to drop a sick own on MN9 over this Shantae trailer

everything should be an excuse to drop a sick own on MN9

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Is Nintendo going to do a direct in conjunction with all the crap this week? Or just a bunch of stupid treehouses?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Zas posted:

rh link was introduced because the TP waggle forced them to flip the world around from the gcn version right? so that change actually had cosmic effects for hyrule

Link was a lefty in TP because the entire world was flipped so left was right and vice-versa.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Waltzing Along posted:

Is Nintendo going to do a direct in conjunction with all the crap this week? Or just a bunch of stupid treehouses?

there is no direct

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Amppelix posted:

I don't know why you felt the need to drop a sick own on MN9 over this Shantae trailer, but also we don't actually know what either games' budget is (unless we actually know MN9's?) because both studios are putting their own money, and maybe some other money as well, on the project in addition to the kickstarter.

We know MN9's budget was substantially bigger than Shantae's, which is all that matters.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Bony Spirits.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

jivjov posted:

but at what point in a Zelda title has a character's gender been pivotal to anything?

I mean, I'm with you on everything else here, but Ganondorf being born a Dude in the Gerudo tribe was pretty pivotal.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

DoctorWhat posted:

I mean, I'm with you on everything else here, but Ganondorf being born a Dude in the Gerudo tribe was pretty pivotal.

Now I want Girl Ganondorf too

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I think the game would be more popular if Zelda was a man and Link stayed the same.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

DoctorWhat posted:

how do the Gerudo have babies if there is only one dude in their entire lifetime?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

DoctorWhat posted:

I had completely forgotten about that! (Although one could argue that this is an importance of the characters sex, rather than gender). Good catch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Cyron posted:

how do the Gerudo have babies if there is only one dude in their entire lifetime?

They capture men from Hyrule.

As I recall this is the actual explanation in OOT.

• Locked thread