Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Tato posted:

Ever since I saw Goblin 2099 on the cover solicit for Spidey 2099 #11, I was looking forward to Peter David finding a tongue in cheek way to address the old issue of the first Spider-Man 2099 series when the identity of Goblin was changed without his knowledge after he left the book. (See http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2013/03/15/comic-book-legends-revealed-410/2/).

I was not disappointed, the jokes about the identity switch begin on page 1 and continue all throughout. You can always count on PAD to deliver the goods by referencing minute things he wrote 20 years ago and almost no one read. :hellyeah:

That makes a little more sense. I was wondering why Goblin was the wrong person and the book was harping on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Since the announcement of Civil War: Amazing Spider-Man, I'm considering catching up on the main comic (especially since I read Silk/Spider-Woman/Spider-Gwen anyways). What should I read just to be aware of where Spider-Man's at heading into CWII

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

The latest arcs of Amazing Spider-Man, and Invincible Iron Man both have Spidey and Iron Man having a corporate dick measuring contest, and arguing about MJ.

And which Goblin hasn't had some secret identity fuckery because of creative team changes?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Toxxupation posted:

Since the announcement of Civil War: Amazing Spider-Man, I'm considering catching up on the main comic (especially since I read Silk/Spider-Woman/Spider-Gwen anyways). What should I read just to be aware of where Spider-Man's at heading into CWII
Read Spider-Man/Deadpool. That'll more or less have you covered for Peter's current status quo without having to touch the garbage fire that is Slott's run on Amazing Spider-Man. Also it is both cool and good.

I'm 100% certain they would recap everything you need to know about where Peter is at in the first issue of Civil War 2: Electro Boogaloo: Spider-Man.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The current run of Amazing Spider-Man is great. Read that.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

X-O posted:

It's true, and I hate Slott. He's got a groove going on.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Well, it's good if we assume we're not supposed to... like Peter, right? Because he's coming off really poorly in this Iron Man story. The Pepper Potts bit was funny, but is, AT BEST, petty, at worst it's outright sexist. And this last issue?

Also, ignore the #1.x issues. They're possibly worse than bad, they're boring.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I am more open to a "Let's see a crappy side of Peter Parker" story when it takes this approach. The Superior Spidey approach wasn't as enjoyable to me, even if other writers did have some good fun with it.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

X-O posted:

Shinjobi posted:

It's true, and I hate Slott. He's got a groove going on.
I genuinely don't know what people are seeing in Slott's latest run. Please help me understand.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Toxxupation posted:

You can read it all on MU. :pram:

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Civil War 2 should have been Spidey vs Iron Man over MJ.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Yvonmukluk posted:

I genuinely don't know what people are seeing in Slott's latest run. Please help me understand.

Well you see it's great because it really gets back to the roots of the character as a man-child who skips work to get in petty fights with friends.

(I don't get it either)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

When does the clone sage 2 start? Because Marvel Unlimited just had a ton of Ben Reilly centered comics put up.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

New Spider-Man game announced at E3.

Will one finally be as fun as Spider-Man 2?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

KittyEmpress posted:

New Spider-Man game announced at E3.

Will one finally be as fun as Spider-Man 2?

That is one ugly costume.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I thought Web Of Shadows was good, if only because red suit Spidey could do a loving Fist of the North Star combo on someone.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

hiddenriverninja posted:

That is one ugly costume.

Spider symbols were too big but other than that the suit looks great, white really works good.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'm undecided on the suit, but interesting that it looks like Mr Negative might be one of the villains. Looks a lot like Spidey's fighting some of his Demons in one of the car sequences.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
No, the red, white, and blue make him look like Captain Spimerica. Even if the spider symbol were black, I don't think that venom style spider works with the costume webbing pattern.

That said, if it follows the example of literally any other Spider-Man game, we will have a couple dozen alt costumes.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Just don't make it like Ultimate Spider-Man where you have to 100% the game to get the black costume.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the big white spider is probably to make him easier to follow with your eyes due to how fast it looks like he's going

Beenox is great and all but Insomniac is like a top tier developer so I'm incredibly excited for this game

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I've been playing through Sunset Overdrive again, so I've got a lot of time for Insomniac, especially now.

Not crazy about the outfit, but yeah, those sure are some Inner Demon-looking dudes to beat on.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am excited for new Spiderman game, you have no idea

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Die Laughing posted:

Just don't make it like Ultimate Spider-Man where you have to 100% the game to get the black costume.

Don't you play as Venom for a decent chunk of the Ultimate Spider-Man game? Why do you need the black costume?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It looks cool

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

My default list of alternate costumes in order of availability is black suit, future foundation, Kaine Scarlet Spider, Ben Reilly Red and Blues

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I've always been amazed that the old "costume" where Peter had a paper bag on his head and wore most of an old Fantastic Four jumpsuit has been in as many games as it has.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Wanderer posted:

I've always been amazed that the old "costume" where Peter had a paper bag on his head and wore most of an old Fantastic Four jumpsuit has been in as many games as it has.

It's a pretty funny joke.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

hiddenriverninja posted:

My default list of alternate costumes in order of availability is black suit, future foundation, Kaine Scarlet Spider, Ben Reilly Red and Blues

One of these days we'll get a Spider-man game with the Kaine SS suit as an alternate costume and when you switch to it you scream profanities at everyone you save in the game.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Hulk: Ultimate Destruction was such a good game.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Wanderer posted:

It's a great gag, and it's also the issue where Peter first ditches the black costume.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

And the 'Kick Me' sign the Torch taped to his back.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Rhyno posted:

One of these days we'll get a Spider-man game with the Kaine SS suit as an alternate costume and when you switch to it you scream profanities at everyone you save in the game.

Suits with alternate voice packs would be great.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Wanderer posted:

It probably won't be in many more in the near future. At least not with a FF jumpsuit.

Do we know who's voicing Spidey? Doesn't sound like Drake Bell or anyone else who's played him in the past.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
It's Yuri Lowenthal. He's one of those voice actors who is everywhere if you've watched a cartoon/anime/game in the past few years.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah it's Lowenthal. He sounds pretty ehhh, but I think every Spidey is gonna sound ehh to me after Shattered Dimensions got four great ones.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
They need to make the swinging mechanic exactly like it was in Spidey 2 for PS2. Don't know why they ever altered that

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

One guy coded it all by himself off the clock and then they fired him once the game was done.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
So Aunt May's ill, Mephisto is taunting Peter and MJ is back in Peter's life... are we actually heading towards Dead No One More Day? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I've been thinking about it and I could see it being undone and Mephisto being "I've brought your true love back to life," and it is Gwen Stacey.

Or it is Ben Reilly.

• Locked thread