Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
I got 2 as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

By the way, if you want the effect on the Soul Gear to be good, get it up to at least +5 if possible. +7 is double the value of +5 but this is risky and will most likely eat up all your Soul Stones. +10 is double the value of +7 but going from +7 to +10 is a huge, huge risk. Do not attempt upgrading past +7 unless you're feeling really lucky. Past +7 is the point where I would recommend blowing an entire Scroll.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Good day today.

:toot: totally out of the blue.

I don't have a Yeka yet so I did the next best thing.

Hero dress up.

btw the Soul Gear Weapon on Cleo is the only Soul Gear so far to increase a skill's range.

What does Resistance 5 from having both wings and weapon do?

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Is Mas an okay target for my first soul scrolls? The MP Regen, combined with a little more MP regen from accessories means he can use his 3rd skill almost every turn.

But honestly, I don't even know if it's that valuable. I WANT to use it on krut but he doesn't have a soul gear, so, :angry fist shaking emoticon:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Vincent Valentine posted:

Is Mas an okay target for my first soul scrolls? The MP Regen, combined with a little more MP regen from accessories means he can use his 3rd skill almost every turn.

But honestly, I don't even know if it's that valuable. I WANT to use it on krut but he doesn't have a soul gear, so, :angry fist shaking emoticon:

Save the Soul Scroll.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

The stats on Soul Gear is negligible. If you hit details and then the magnifying glass, it shows the bonus effect it gives on a skill. This is where Soul Gear is important because it can beef up certain skills by quite a bit when the Soul Gear is upgraded.

If you want to know how rare Soul Scrolls are, you'll probably only get 1 per month through guild raid, so don't go spending them. If the hero you want to use it on don't have Soul Gear, then definitely hold onto the scroll until they get it.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Black Coocoo breakdown for this week:

1* Crusader's Path is one of the worst SS sets in the game, do not purposely pull for it. Cold-Hearted Sniper is only decent. Ketarh Apprentice is a fine 2 or 3 piece set, but combined with the lovely noblesse SS, I would not touch this level this week.
2* Cave Chaser is loving fantastic and excellent as 2 or 3 piece, I will be pulling for a second piece if I can. Unyielding Champion is okayish on Yekaterina, Bearman, or anybody with self-buff on 2 or 3 skill. Root Vine Walk is not good. Combined with okay noblesse sets, thsi is nto a bad choice, but not amazing unless you have onesies.
3* I Perform the Surgery I want so loving bad for Valkyrie. +10% HP and +2568 attack is great. Unbeatable Warlord is pretty bad, but you can put it on Bearman and consistently trigger it, at least. Royal Family Assassin is a good glass cannon set, especially for A-rank. Combined with APB, this is a good pull.
4* Ghost Step is fuckoff nuts set. Ancestral Voice is good with the number of amazing but MP-starved characters currently. Star Song is not great, but stacks fantastically with the 3 star noblesse S set. Combined with fine noblesse sets, this is also a good pull, doubly so if you have onesies, because ghost step and ancestral voice are both excellent 2-pieces.
5* Eldrika's Trinity is nuts, period. Gold Tiger is also nuts, and can help power you into the upper ranks of BoH, used wisely. That's how I got there, and then used the crystals from that to bootstrap my other characters. White Knight's Oath is a solid A-rank aggro set, good as a 2-piece, fine as a 3-piece. Combined with the quite good noblesse S set, I'd say pull this if you lack White Knight's Oath (the aggro is stupidly useful, even in BoH) or if you have any parts of Eldrika or Gold Tiger.

3 are 4 star are where it's at this week, and 2 star if you have onesies like me. I'll probably pull for 1 Cave Chaser part, for the move bonus, then move on to 4 star because I have one piece of Ghost Step, 2 of ancestral voice and star song, and 1 each of the noblesse sets.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

https://www.facebook.com/notes/fant...762954703918841

Boy I'm glad I held onto my 2nd scroll and didn't use it. Guess giving away 2 scrolls was way too nice of a gesture.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Why wouldn't they just call it a bonus gift? That is so weird. DeNA is always screwing up in Final Fantasy Record Keeper and giving us free poo poo. Nexon is taking it away? Wow.

e: thanks for the write up Ninja. You, somefool and others are a great help.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Charles Bukowski posted:

Why wouldn't they just call it a bonus gift? That is so weird. DeNA is always screwing up in Final Fantasy Record Keeper and giving us free poo poo. Nexon is taking it away? Wow.

e: thanks for the write up Ninja. You, somefool and others are a great help.

I think they took this one away because it was unevenly distributed. They have often in the past just given out free poo poo, but it was always to everybody.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Weeeelp. I think it is time for me to step away from this game.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/fantasy-war-tactics/0616-patch-note/1762975180583460

Someone said it will be $50 each based on Korean prices.

Mardragon
Mar 4, 2004
Cinderella boy... Out of nowhere...
Yam Slacker

DontMindMe posted:

Weeeelp. I think it is time for me to step away from this game.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/fantasy-war-tactics/0616-patch-note/1762975180583460

Someone said it will be $50 each based on Korean prices.

Jesus increasing Muzaka's AOE range by one is absurd. Really hard with this package to play anyone near the top.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Keep in mind that those buffs are at +10, the the range increase is likely at max rank just like Cleo.

Still kind of lame though, not really keen on these Krut, Raziel, Seira exclusive packages.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Eh, I expected some sort of fuckery like this with it being a Nexon title and all. They pull this kinda poo poo with all their games at some point or another. Also finally got Rask, so hopefully things go more smoothly with the event levels for me.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

I'll tell you what I've been saying on the discord all day. None of the bonuses on offer for the Noblesse heroes are so big that they are going to make a significant difference in BoH or guild raid. I'm pretty well invested in this at this point, and I'm definitely not going to bother with Seira or Raskreia, and may not bother with Muzaka or Raizel. I'll probably grab Frank, because it looks essentially like what I wanted for him all along, and may make him actually playable, though probably still nowhere near top tier.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Yeah, this is pretty lovely. Each set is priced at 55000 Won which is actually around $47 each. I wouldn't buy these even if the effects seem good.

There's still a good chance Noblesse heroes will get their own Soul Gear based on the guild raid bosses.

This feels more like a last ditch effort to milk Noblesse for as much money as possible. If you haven't noticed, there have been some serious power creeping with newer event heroes like Krut that phase out older heroes. With season 2 coming soon (I think they said around summer), I wouldn't keep my eyes glued to older heroes.

I am sorry for those who wants these for dress up, because this is some seriously expensive poo poo.

edit: I would rather fight a Muza with 1 extra range on his 3rd skill than a loving Krut running into my entire party and out right killing them.

edit2: :laffo:

Took me a bit, but I just realized how much of a scam those Soul Gear packages are. You still have to upgrade the stupid thing which is why they're tossing 10k Soul Stones along with it. Problem is, upgrading it to +10 will consume a ton of Soul Stones. Besides the mega whales, you'll probably never run into a +10 Noblesse Soul Gear user until months later.

If the scaling is anything like Cleo's Soul Gear, Muza will never get the +1 range on his skill until +10.

Somefool fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jun 16, 2016

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!
This game must have some killer whales, with the prices they charge.

I mean, look at how much League of Legends charges for a hero. Back when I played it, I bought the Gentleman Chogath skin, which was considered pricey, way beyond reasonable pricing for the game, at $20.

You'd think that would be a brain-dead model to follow. Unless they have a market chomping at the bit to spend $150 for a character and some shiny upgrades. So I can only assume that they do, because otherwise these prices would be unsustainable.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Hodgepodge posted:

This game must have some killer whales, with the prices they charge.

I mean, look at how much League of Legends charges for a hero. Back when I played it, I bought the Gentleman Chogath skin, which was considered pricey, way beyond reasonable pricing for the game, at $20.

You'd think that would be a brain-dead model to follow. Unless they have a market chomping at the bit to spend $150 for a character and some shiny upgrades. So I can only assume that they do, because otherwise these prices would be unsustainable.

They're mainly abusing the Korean market who is actually willing to spend this much money. If you ever pop into their server and take a look at the top PvPers, you will see a gently caress ton of whales.

The biggest problem here is that Nexon is straight up copy pasting Korea's pricing straight to global without taking into consideration that the rest of the world won't pay as much for these things save for a few.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!

Somefool posted:

They're mainly abusing the Korean market who is actually willing to spend this much money. If you ever pop into their server and take a look at the top PvPers, you will see a gently caress ton of whales.

The biggest problem here is that Nexon is straight up copy pasting Korea's pricing straight to global without taking into consideration that the rest of the world won't pay as much for these things save for a few.

There's something to be said here about the irony of Noblesse being a free webcomic :geno:

Although it wouldn't by any means be the first business model to revolve around secondary merchandise for profits.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

By the way, in case anyone was wondering, the current Soul Gear does not boost Jack or Lena's HP% damage. It only boost the regular damage percent part. Really wished there was an easier to check skill values with Soul Gear besides knowing the original values or at least let me know other people's reinforcement value.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

From reddit:

I thought it was +1 skill range similar to Cleo but due to different wording, it expands the actual skill.

Haha... :suicide:

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Somefool posted:

From reddit:

I thought it was +1 skill range similar to Cleo but due to different wording, it expands the actual skill.

Haha... :suicide:

My evaluation was actually based on it being AOE expansion, and that's exactly what I expected the expansion to look like. It's still pretty much irrelevant to BOH and guild raid, which is the only place the relative power difference actually matters.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

NinjaDebugger posted:

My evaluation was actually based on it being AOE expansion, and that's exactly what I expected the expansion to look like. It's still pretty much irrelevant to BOH and guild raid, which is the only place the relative power difference actually matters.

I think this serves more as a warning if you face any high rank pvpers with soul gear Muza. Normal players who bought this probably won't have a +10 until 2 months later.

Still would've preferred it being +1 skill range since Krut neuters Muza with his 2 range immobilization. :v:

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Somefool posted:

I think this serves more as a warning if you face any high rank pvpers with soul gear Muza. Normal players who bought this probably won't have a +10 until 2 months later.

Still would've preferred it being +1 skill range since Krut neuters Muza with his 2 range immobilization. :v:

I wouldn't know about that, my Muzaka never faces Krut, because he tends to be in the back waiting for Gold Tiger to trigger. Krut... usually gets destroyed by a counterattack, because Klein is best.

Incidentally, I did what I said I was going to wrt gacha today. Two pulls got me 5 pieces of root vine walk, a piece each of martial artist and intelligence war, and a piece of cave chaser, so now Krut has 5 movement base.

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jun 16, 2016

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Getting real sick of water tiles on guild raid maps so I slapped a full Wild Chaser set onto my Raboff. If you use him, you can now position him so he disarms on even turns for Friday's raid and he works on that other giant water map too so you don't need Zero. :toot:

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

So for Friday's raid, I put Chenny to boss right, Serendi to left, Jack in front, Gillan behind, and both Raboffs in back left and right corner.

No one seems to move, and Raboff constantly uses skill 3. Guild Shelling also seems to regen mana so that never runs out.

EDIT: But that's dumb, use Yeka instead of Serendi.

DontMindMe fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jun 17, 2016

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

DontMindMe posted:

So for Friday's raid, I put Chenny to boss right, Serendi to left, Jack in front, Gillan behind, and both Raboffs in back left and right corner.

No one seems to move, and Raboff constantly uses skill 3. Guild Shelling also seems to regen mana so that never runs out.

EDIT: But that's dumb, use Yeka instead of Serendi.

Use the above method^

Here's a video of my 7.2m run. It's a less effective strategy, but it's very similar.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE5Csq_-6Zc

So what you want to do is place 4 heroes at each cardinal direction around the boss: the sides, front, and back. Whoever is in the front should be a melee hero which means no skill range higher than 1 space. Both Raboffs should be placed in the corners behind the boss.

What's happening is basically every single spot in the back is occupied by a hero and because everyone but the front hero have directional bonus, no one wants to move. Since there is no spot in the back for the melee hero to get directional bonus, he's forced to attack the boss in the front.

Raboff's AI will only use his 1st and 3rd skill. His 1st skill have no diagonal range and since the sides and back are blocked off, he's forced to only use his 3rd which has diagonal range. You end up with 2 Raboffs spamming spin2win which will hopefully keep the boss perma disarmed.

In my run, I got extremely unlucky when the boss counter attacked my Krut which shifted the facing direction for the boss. This caused the AI to relocate to a new spot and completely screwed up the chain spins.

Also bring a third hero who can disarm besides the 2 Raboffs. I've had my Yeka do some clutch disarms when both Raboffs failed. I was so close to reaching SS rank.

edit: If any of you guys have spare keys, blow them using this strat. I think we can end up getting a really high rank.

Somefool fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Jun 17, 2016

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
What are the chances that the Raizel lord costume will be purchasable sometime soon? The first noblesse event period when it was apparently purchasable was before I registered. I wanna know if I should work towards keeping 1200 gems in reserve... I could *really* use the extra mp for my crew.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Iunnrais posted:

What are the chances that the Raizel lord costume will be purchasable sometime soon? The first noblesse event period when it was apparently purchasable was before I registered. I wanna know if I should work towards keeping 1200 gems in reserve... I could *really* use the extra mp for my crew.

Very low, given that Rai's a playable character now.

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
nws

Somebody fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Jun 19, 2016

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
same

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Yeah I think I'm done at this point.

Going to wrap up this event, let daily gems run out, and bail for a unknown amount of time.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Would you guys recommend working on Valkyrie now instead of Bearman? Do they even really fill the same role?

Both seem extremely tanky, with the big difference that Bearman can get super high aggro from his skills(I'm honestly not totally clear on how it works. I read somewhere that the cap on aggro is 76%, but his third skill goes up to 95%? With +25% from his passive?) and Valkyrie can taunt. Valkyrie has a ton of extra damage by building as a tank, Bearman is just tough in general.

I got lucky and found the 31% and 21% aggro sets, so I can put those on Valkyrie to sorta-kinda use her as an attention getter. What do you guys think?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Would you guys recommend working on Valkyrie now instead of Bearman? Do they even really fill the same role?

Both seem extremely tanky, with the big difference that Bearman can get super high aggro from his skills(I'm honestly not totally clear on how it works. I read somewhere that the cap on aggro is 76%, but his third skill goes up to 95%? With +25% from his passive?) and Valkyrie can taunt. Valkyrie has a ton of extra damage by building as a tank, Bearman is just tough in general.

I got lucky and found the 31% and 21% aggro sets, so I can put those on Valkyrie to sorta-kinda use her as an attention getter. What do you guys think?

They do the same thing, in different ways, but they have vastly different uses. Valkyrie is only the second character with taunt, but bearman's at will stun is overpoweringly good often enough that you're really going to want them both.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Somebody asked in chat, so I thought I'd explain here why, even aside from transcendence, every single platinum item type is better than normal items.

Weapons:
Swords: These give you an extra fairly large attack boost. That should be pretty self explanatory, you get the increased attack power of a hammer while also racking up the hit bonuses for hitting Seira, Dominique, and those annoying Ghost Steppers.
Hammers: These give their usual large attack bonus, and in addition, add a large boost of critical damage. If you have someone who is, for whatever reason, basically guaranteed crits, and do not have sets to put on them, stack platinum hammers and watch them go to town. Klein, Jin, Mu, even Jenny.
Bows: The platinum bow bonus is an abysmal bonus to final skill power. This works kind of like the static +Damage item potential. It's garbage. It's still better than regular bows, however, and regular bows are so good that they didn't need any help at all.

Armors:
Armor: This gives a dodge bonus. Like bows, Armor was already so loving good that it didn't need a bonus at all, but they gave you some dodge anyway. Enjoy.
Boots: Boots are bad. On the other hand, crit rate is REALLY GOOD and platinum boots will get you much, MUCH closer to the lovely 100% crit rate that will send you one a one way trip to murdertown. There are plenty of glass cannons who are almost certainly going to go down if anybody gets a solid hit on them ANYWAY, so you might as well get a bunch of free crit rate as you try to avoid that single fatal hit.
Shield: Okay, so... shields are pretty bad. Counter rate is essentially irrelevant, and in all honesty, the -crit damage on these is probably not as good, overall, as just getting the defense from armor. This is the worst of the platinum items, and probably the easiest one to make an argument for scrapping. Still, transcend it and slap it on somebody who has plenty of Defense already, and who wants a lot of sheer HP. Like, say, Valkyrie.

Accessories:
Brooch: +MP. There are very few characters in the game who -couldn't- use a bit more MP, and since it's on the +HP/+Defense accessory, they're likely to live long enough to use it, too.
Necklace: Necklace adds attack and mastery. There are people advocating using more than you need just for the attack bonus, adding a small but useful defense bonus on top of that is quite nice.
Ring: Ring is your glass cannon equip, giving hit rate and crit rate, and on top of that, they made it add a significant chunk of HP, which is also going to add to your attack via HP->ATK conversions. As a side effect, it's making those glass cannons marginally more able to take a hit.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Since I'm quitting at end of month, I've just been dumping my gems into Yeka's Wings instead of saving them.

Just now managed to get it from +9 to +10 after about 8 attempts(I think it was about 5.8k gems per try).

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I'm getting real tired of my first dark fortress run of the day getting eaten up by disconnects. I'm losing out on anywhere from 350 to 500k per fight depending on what I'm fighting.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Here's my strategy for Tuesday's raid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rxq_SyZZqTU
It's spin2win again but a bit harder to pull off.

You need Zero for this to work! The only other alternative is to give everyone else Wild Chaser or something with water access.

Zero doesn't need to be that well geared but he should have at least 45% defense because the suicide damage from the boss can kill him off quite easily.

As far as hero placement is concern, unless your hero has innate water access bonus, you cannot place heroes on water tiles even if they get water access from sets. For front and back, I used Muza and Jack because I know their 3rd skill will get them into melee range of the boss. I haven't tried Krut because I don't know if he will use his 3rd skill at melee range or leave a tile between him and the boss. The side island is for Zero because his 3rd skill is long ranged, so there isn't really anywhere else for him to go. Yeka really helps here because she has water access but if you don't have Yeka, replace her with anyone else with water access. Raboffs go near the corners.

Enter this stage with full lord gauge. I did a risky move by having Muza go first, but it should've been Zero in slot 1. This strategy falls apart if Muza went for the archers instead of the boss. Anyway, try to use Fire Support before your 2nd hero can move to kill off all the archers. If any of them are alive, there is a chance the AI will go after them instead of the boss. Unlike Friday's raid boss, the archers that spawn can be a problem at screwing with your AI so you actually have to be prepared to use Fire Support when they spawn.

I got extremely unlucky in all 3 runs and as you can see in my video, his suicide damage hurts a gently caress ton if the boss isn't disarmed when dying.

Somefool fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Jun 21, 2016

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

What heroes should I go after in the honor shop and ancient coin shop? Also are the bosses the same each week for dark fortress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Nomadic Scholar posted:

What heroes should I go after in the honor shop and ancient coin shop? Also are the bosses the same each week for dark fortress?

Honor Shop: Persona or Belle, then the other, then Nox.
Ancient Coins: Mu/Unknown, then the other, then Momo/Shark the same way.

The raid bosses are always the same, barring patches, and are always in the same order.

• Locked thread