Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Club Dread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Gaunab posted:

It's pretty popular in CineD

Hahahahah of course it is.

FFT posted:

Club Dread

There's so many weird, jarring tonal shifts in that film that really irked me when I watched it. I remember enjoying the film for the most part but then it goes from the killer being a dude to him being Jason Voorhees for no reason and then his disembodied legs are chasing them. I'm not sure of the terms, but it went from farce to parody to mockery.

Oh Broken Lizard, we'll always have Super Troopers. :unsmith:

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

The Endbringer posted:

At the end of Soylent Green, it seems like Detective Thorn is just making wild assumptions.
He makes the jump from "Soylent Green is made out people!" to "Soon they'll be farming us like cattle!" pretty quickly. Soylent Green is made from people who have already died, and considering New York City alone contains 20 million people, there really should be no shortage of fresh corpses for that bland meal.

BrigadierSensible posted:

Also, Soylent Green is made from people who have voluntarily committed suicide with the assistance of the government to help alleviate overcrowding. So apart from "cannibalism is wrong under ALL circumstances" Charlton Heston is clearly over-reacting.

:spergin:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

You've gotta tell them! Soylent Green is very reasonable! Get to the Soylent corporation, Hatcher. Tell them they had a great idea.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Drunken Baker posted:

Oh Broken Lizard, we'll always have Super Troopers. :unsmith:

Not for long! They're making a sequel.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I'm going to have to rewatch all of their films sober because I recall liking pretty much all of them... Bar Slamin' salmon. I can't even remember Slamin' Salmon. What a god drat name for a film... Slamin' salmon.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
Recently watched The Happening. There's a lot of rationally irritating moments in that movie and the whole thing boggles my mind that it got made at all, but one thing that sticks out in my mind is the guy feeding himself to lions. Firstly, he recoils after approaching the first one when I thought he wanted to get attacked. Then it show that the first one just tears a bit of his arm off and he wanders to the next lion. I'm no zoologist but I'm pretty sure that's not how lions maul their prey. Surely it would have pounced on him, pinning him down, and riped out his throat?

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

nexus6 posted:

Recently watched The Happening. There's a lot of rationally irritating moments in that movie and the whole thing boggles my mind that it got made at all, but one thing that sticks out in my mind is the guy feeding himself to lions. Firstly, he recoils after approaching the first one when I thought he wanted to get attacked. Then it show that the first one just tears a bit of his arm off and he wanders to the next lion. I'm no zoologist but I'm pretty sure that's not how lions maul their prey. Surely it would have pounced on him, pinning him down, and riped out his throat?

Lions scavange
Lionesses hunt

Either kept in captivity do neither, they are over fed dead meat and lose the hunting instinct, which is also why when accidents happen ala Siegfried and Roy it's not a throat mauling thing but a general cat being pissed but multiplied by hundreds of pounds.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

dpack_1 posted:

Lions scavange
Lionesses hunt

Also: The Happening is a dogshit movie from start to finish that has no redeeming features whatsoever.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Memento posted:

Also: The Happening is a dogshit movie from start to finish that has no redeeming features whatsoever.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

The opening is pretty good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2f22rpTm_0

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Just watched The Martian and I do not understand the hype beyond amazing visuals and a good cast. Matt Damon's "lol so cheeky" quips every five seconds drove me insane. It's like his dialogue was written by a college undergrad engineer who'd stayed up all night reading I loving Love Science memes.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Memento posted:

Oh God yes. I only put it on because I'd seen clips of Mark's "acting" and thought it would be so bad it's funny. A post I found on another forum sums it up well:

"This movie pulls off a remarkable feat: it is just bad enough in EVERY respect to lack any merit, but not quite bad enough in ANY respect to be funny or otherwise enjoyable."

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

joshtothemaxx posted:

Just watched The Martian and I do not understand the hype beyond amazing visuals and a good cast. Matt Damon's "lol so cheeky" quips every five seconds drove me insane. It's like his dialogue was written by a college undergrad engineer who'd stayed up all night reading I loving Love Science memes.

I think the book came out at the height of the internet's I loving Love Science phase so the hype was already built into the movie.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Gaunab posted:

I think the book came out at the height of the internet's I loving Love Science phase so the hype was already built into the movie.

Hell, I haven't read the book myself, but apparently they toned it down for the movie. In the book Watney creates and uses a unit of measurement called "pirate ninjas."

s0urc3
Mar 1, 2009

The ship is now armed and preparing to explode. This will be a fairly large explosion, so you'd best keep back about 22 miles.

joshtothemaxx posted:

A movie about a man trapped on Mars alone growing food in his own poo poo until he can be saved won the Golden Globe for best comedy. The hidden genius of keeping all those little quips is kinda beautiful.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Memento posted:

I wish there had been no explanation. Just two hours of suicides, confusion, and characters discussing the concept of mortality and their fear of death. Could have been amazing.

Instead we got Marky Mark having peace talks with a plastic tree.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
"Quick! We have to outrun the wind!"

God that movie sucked.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

What? No!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

You should care about science. Know why?

Because your face is perfect.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I was hoping The Happening was aliens. Would have been better.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

nexus6 posted:

The worst part of that scene was that it was recorded on an iPhone, and iPhones didn't have the capability to record video until the App Store opened a month after the theatrical release (and longer for native video).

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

easily the best scene in the movie

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

I havn't seen the movie but that felt like a believable reaction.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ApNouMXXzg

Nettles Coterie
Dec 24, 2008

Play in the Dark, lest the Heat catch you standing still
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Iz4D9kBIas

I could not get over how badly the script wanted us to care about the drama between Marky Mark and his wife. Like, I don't think I have EVER been less interested in a movie's lovely love story.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I had no idea Zooey Deschanel was in that movie.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Gaunab posted:

I had no idea Zooey Deschanel was in that movie.

Really? Half the movie is her reaction shots as her eyes get bigger and bigger.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I probably would have known that if I had seen the movie.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

rydiafan posted:

I wish there had been no explanation. Just two hours of suicides, confusion, and characters discussing the concept of mortality and their fear of death. Could have been amazing.

Instead we got Marky Mark having peace talks with a plastic tree.

:same:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Gaunab posted:

I probably would have known that if I had seen the movie.

Did you ever see a trailer? I remember her being in them

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Len posted:

Apparently not. I just watched a trailer though and she might as well have been furniture in it.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Len posted:

I gathered that Walberg was a school teacher, and that something was happening

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Really? Half the movie is her reaction shots as her eyes get bigger and bigger.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

A case and study of how to act lobotomized.

So they closed down a major highway here to film the next Transformers bullshit. For about a week. Marky Mark is in it again. I for one am hoping there's more statutory rape explanations in this new movie because gently caress knows no one watches it for the robots.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The daughter character from the last one isn't in this one.

Now it has a 14 year old teenage girl. No Romeo and Juliet law's going to save anyone there.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Aphrodite posted:

The daughter character from the last one isn't in this one.

Now it has a 14 year old teenage girl. No Romeo and Juliet law's going to save anyone there.

It takes place in Japan

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Cowslips Warren posted:

I for one am hoping there's more statutory rape explanations in this new movie because gently caress knows no one watches it for the robots.

Wait what

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Mark Walberg is about to kick the poo poo outta some 20 year old who wants to bang his 17 year old daughter (whatever ages) but kid literally has a laminated card in his wallet detailing age of consent laws all over America so Marky Mark has to let it slide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Mark Walberg is about to kick the poo poo outta some 20 year old who wants to bang his 17 year old daughter (whatever ages) but kid literally has a laminated card in his wallet detailing age of consent laws all over America so Marky Mark has to let it slide.

What the gently caress