Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Filthy Haiku posted:

I feel like I've actually won FFXIV; I've achieved the ultimate endgame dream: 100% anime saturation.

So you should macro your DeathFlare to have you yell "MASUTAA SUPAAKU"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

faptown
Dec 6, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

The maid outfit works extremely well on warriors

Yes it does.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Niton posted:

Incorrect, actually- when the NA promo was announced, S-E said they were in discussions with regional retailers to get the promo over to the EU as well.

Any word on Australia getting this deal :ohdear:

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Intoluene posted:

Any word on Australia getting this deal :ohdear:

They added a bunch of digital codes to the deal, so (assuming you have an NA account) you might just be able to order through American Amazon and get codes that way.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Niton posted:

They added a bunch of digital codes to the deal, so (assuming you have an NA account) you might just be able to order through American Amazon and get codes that way.

How many Australians do you know with NA accounts?

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!

Kwyndig posted:

How many Australians do you know with NA accounts?

If you buy an account through the SE webstore for Australia the account is EU. I got one for a US friend as a gift and now she cannot get it on PS4 unless she somehow gets an EU copy.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I'm pretty sure they didn't mean for everybody to get these by making a digital preorder and then immediately cancelling it, but it looks like that's exactly what is happening.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Thundarr posted:

I'm pretty sure they didn't mean for everybody to get these by making a digital preorder and then immediately cancelling it, but it looks like that's exactly what is happening.
good!!!

gently caress the police- I mean S-E for limiting this to Japan initially and now not even allowing it for EU

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

ilifinicus posted:

good!!!

gently caress the police- I mean S-E for limiting this to Japan initially and now not even allowing it for EU

It's not like the JP people didn't have to spend money to get theirs.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

There's no set global price, so exchange rate never becomes a factor.

It's generally around $15 USD, but each region has its own different monthly fee.

yeah my monthly fee is like fourteen canadian dollars instead of 25 or whatever that would be normally which would have led to me not playing

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

ilifinicus posted:

good!!!

Yeah. Theft is cool! Showing S-E that everyone will just steal the codes and not actually pay for the items is totally going to make them want to do promo's like this outside of Japan again. gently caress them, haha.

I still didn't get my code for my order, but I bugged an Amazon rep and they nicely gave me one. So Amazon is cool in my books and I hear Earth Defence Force 4.1 is super fun so cancelling would be uncool.

The Black Stones fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Jun 15, 2016

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

The Black Stones posted:

Yeah. Theft is cool! Showing S-E that everyone will just steal the codes and not actually pay for the items is totally going to make them want to do promo's like this outside of Japan again. gently caress them, haha.

I still didn't get my code for my order, but I bugged an Amazon rep and they nicely gave me one. So Amazon is cool in my books and I hear Earth Defence Force 4.1 is super fun so cancelling would be uncool.

basicallty this

Love Machine
Sep 7, 2012

Batteries not included.
I pre ordered the Zodiac Age because I just figured I'd be getting it anyway, but then I cancelled and got Bravely Second instead because I can get that right now. I hope they don't get mad at me for canceling the order that sent the code :ohdear:

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
No one will personally care about it or know about your account. If they do contact you about it for whatever reason it would be with a form letter sent out en masse.

But considering you ended up buying something else I'm sure it will be fine.

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

just as long as they don't send a second code (not sure if this is even possible) and if they do, you don't claim it.

seems like the right thing to do tbh

Fishious
Jan 9, 2008

The Black Stones posted:

They should instead probably see in hindsight that doing regional promos on their internationally released game is a horrible idea and we won't get promos like this anywhere again but we are talking about SE here.

Also codes work like licenses, you're either NA/JP/EU and all codes work on their respective regions. So if you have a EU account all EU codes would work and it's just a question of getting the code, and if the outfit they are doing the promo through will draw different regional restrictions.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The deed is done.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I'm gonna be one of the good guys and order a physical copy of Doom now that it's on sale for my code. Free same-day shipping means it's literally equally as convenient as buying it on Steam when I get home from work. Prime is pretty :krad:

Gizmo Chicken
Feb 17, 2011

Yep.

DRG was 170ish. Why.

Edit:

Gizmo Chicken fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Jun 15, 2016

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Apparently Yoshi P was visiting some servers today, that probably explains the lag spikes on Primal

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

SwissArmyDruid posted:

The item must be:

1) A physical object that can be shipped to you.
2) An item that is sold by Amazon. If it says anywhere on the page, "Fulfilled by Amazon" or anything to that effect, no go.
3) It must be from the Video Games department.
4) Cost $19.99 USD or more.

edit: Compare:

Scrolling down, you can see clearly that the one on the right offers the FFXIV stuff:

why are we not worried that Razr have developed nuclear devices and are putting them in their consumer electronics

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

The Black Stones posted:

maybe if they could stop being such a major loving clown show when it came to doing stuff outside of their own borders

it's like they're pretending people outside japan can't tell that they're doing so much more cool poo poo in-country

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Pierson posted:

why are we not worried that Razr have developed nuclear devices and are putting them in their consumer electronics

Because we trust Logitech more, I guess?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

(I can't art so not mine, sadly.)

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Gizmo Chicken posted:

DRG was 170ish. Why.

Edit:

DRG didn't use its 2nd combo at all to apply chaos thrust / disembowel, never applied phlebotomize, naturally didn't use blood of the dragon, and never once completed its first combo with full thrust :psyduck:

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Oh poo poo, the bonus to Treated Sand only kicks in when you're half-way through upgrading the Anima weapon. Turns out it's not just an astronomically low chance. Well it might still be, who knows.

Sorry if this is old news, the Reddit post is pretty new and I had no idea.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
So whats the point if Alliance Seals if all the gear is weaker than what i have on? And what do i spend these GC seals on since apparently i can't rank up anymore.

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Because we trust Logitech more, I guess?

I bought this one because it was 29.99 and even if its garbage having a spare mouse isn't a bad idea:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RH6R7C4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Monolith. posted:

So whats the point if Alliance Seals if all the gear is weaker than what i have on? And what do i spend these GC seals on since apparently i can't rank up anymore.

Ventures and blow.

Alternatively you can buy the manuals for crafting/gathering to increase your EXP gain if that's your thing.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Monolith. posted:

The gear is useful when leveling other jobs. You can also spend the seals on ventures and various other crap.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.
I'm thinking I'll pre-order dishonored 2 to get the promotion gear. I just need to confirm it will fit the requirements of the promotion.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Last night me and a few other goons were experiencing serious lag. I briefly logged in this morning and there was still lag.

Any word from S-E about this?

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

YoshiP was on the Primal servers last night

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day
I don't know how it is on other servers, but on mine, some of the crafting materials you can get with GC seals sell for a pretty decent amount on the marketboard. Enough that I decided to grind out the seals instead of just buying Petrified Logs, at least. :v:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

That means I can officially blame YoshiP for three 2% wipes last night on Ozma right?

Certainly not the BLM who dropped meteors on us in the final push. Twice.

But for real, there was some crazy lag happening, if it was really due to YoshiP visiting, that's hilarious.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Adventure Pigeon posted:

I'm thinking I'll pre-order dishonored 2 to get the promotion gear. I just need to confirm it will fit the requirements of the promotion.

I pre-ordered Watch Dogs 2 and got my email pretty much immediately.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Lemon-Lime posted:

(I can't art so not mine, sadly.)

hell yeah it's some pedo anime bullshit

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

ArtIsResistance posted:

hell yeah it's some pedo anime bullshit

Potatoes aren't people so it's all good.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

jellycat posted:

I don't know how it is on other servers, but on mine, some of the crafting materials you can get with GC seals sell for a pretty decent amount on the marketboard. Enough that I decided to grind out the seals instead of just buying Petrified Logs, at least. :v:
They've spiked since 3.3 because a lot of people are using their seals to buy Moonstones for their relic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Argh! I want those promo items so bad. I'd glamour maid outfit + crag mask to every class. Curse you, europe-neglecting promotions. :negative:

• Locked thread