Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Saint Freak posted:

12 pieces, none of it goes in the armoire.

Well drat. Time to clean out some old junk then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

kzin602 posted:

I game back to the game after a long hiatus (last played at patch 2.3ish), purchased heavensward and am almost level 50.
I main Paladin, picked up the important cross class skills and hope some goons can help me get the hang of tanking the harder content, I'm doing fine in the dungeon roulette so far.

I know that level 50 was the previous max level, should I be concerned with the old 'end game' grind or should I just keep working though the story quests to get to heavensward content? I know in a couple MMO's the random expansion quest rewards at level 51 can be on par with the pre-expansion end game gear at 50.

Do make sure to run through all the optional level 50 dungeons at least once, unlocking the 50 roulette is nice and the dungeons are all quality in their own right.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah you'll need to do some of them to continue the story anyway.

Also ilevel 130/135 raiding and tomes gear is roughly equivalent to level 55 dungeon drops. It's nice to have for alt jobs, but I wouldn't go out of my way to get augmented ironworks/dreadwyrm gear.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
It never occurred to me that there was a mailbox limit or that read messages don't just automatically delete.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

DACK FAYDEN posted:

The lasers hit whoever's highest on Ozma's hate table, one per alliance. So if all is going well, they should be hitting only the three tanks, which is why they move out of the group. If one alliance is completely dead, another one's going to get two lasers (and I think they are guaranteed to target two different people as in not just the tank twice), and if one alliance is loving around their laser will bounce all over the place like it's disco night at the bowling alley.

Ah, that explains it. Specifically the "if the other alliances are dead prepare for laser hell" part. I think that was confusing me the most, because I could have sworn our goon alliance was getting 2-3 lasers at once.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Thundarr posted:

Well drat. Time to clean out some old junk then.

You could just leave the sets of gear you don't want to use in the mail

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

drunk asian neighbor posted:

Ah, that explains it. Specifically the "if the other alliances are dead prepare for laser hell" part. I think that was confusing me the most, because I could have sworn our goon alliance was getting 2-3 lasers at once.

Yeah, if one of the other alliance parties are dead, someone is going to have to deal with double mechanics. Extra laser AoE, extra add meteor drops, extra doomsday stack circle. If one's going, it becomes really brutal.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
So if I straight up purchase something from Amazon.com video game section that's over $20, I'll get a code for those items?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Klades posted:

You could just leave the sets of gear you don't want to use in the mail

I guess that'd make sense for the gender locked outfit and the ugly masks :3:

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

seiferguy posted:

So if I straight up purchase something from Amazon.com video game section that's over $20, I'll get a code for those items?
Yes, as long as it's "Sold by Amazon".

If the item qualifies (most things should), you'll see the promotion listed under the special offers section.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Freak Futanari posted:

So just to make sure, SE hasn't actually mentioned anything about when, if ever, the EU will get the promotion, right?

Incorrect, actually- when the NA promo was announced, S-E said they were in discussions with regional retailers to get the promo over to the EU as well.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

seiferguy posted:

You don't even have to be charged. I pre-purchased The Last Guardian Collectors Edition and received a code.

Which brings me to why I'm here. I got a code for some free stuff so thought I might check the game out again. I'm on PS4 and Amazon has a deal with the Heavensward expansion and a 60 day time card for $47. It looks like it's the disc version of the expansion. Is it something I have to keep in my PS4 every time I want to play or does it just flag my account as having the expansion and I can just toss the stupid thing.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I just want to talk for a moment about something that makes me happy about this game.

I will never not be so happy that you can play all classes on one character.

When playing MMOs, I'm the type of player that likes pouring all my effort into one character. When I played World of Warcraft, I always focused on one character. The thought of splitting it between two was a miserable thought.

When they would release a new expansion, I actively disliked when they announced new classes. Not because they were unappealing, but because I might actually want to play them but couldn't abandon my main. I'm so glad I don't have to make that choice with FF14.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

WhiteHowler posted:

Yes, as long as it's "Sold by Amazon".

If the item qualifies (most things should), you'll see the promotion listed under the special offers section.

Nice, that means the digital 60 day game time cards count.

YamataNoOrochi
Oct 24, 2005

Skaw posted:

Nice, that means the digital 60 day game time cards count.

Nope, digital items are not eligible. Has to be sold and shipped by Amazon to qualify, so physical only. Preorders do count though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The reason digital stuff doesn't count is because it's not really Amazon selling those. They get a much smaller cut than a physical sale, they're just middle manning.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
Incorrect, I just got my code for the summer items on a time code.

quote:

The Amazon Video Games Team thanks you for your purchase. As part of the "Final Fantasy XIV Summer DLC Promo," We are happy to offer you a promotional code that will grant you six exclusive in-game items!

YamataNoOrochi
Oct 24, 2005

Skaw posted:

Incorrect, I just got my code for the summer items on a time code.

Well that's good to hear, maybe they made an exception just for the XIV time codes. I know when I looked this morning they didn't have the promo listed.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
I tried playing with the controller for a few hours over the weekend, and it was surprisingly playable, even for someone who has been playing MMO's for years on mouse/keyboard.

I'm having a lot of trouble selecting targets when there are a lot of enemies around. I'll use the D-pad to try to tab through everything quickly, but it usually doesn't start with the nearest enemy like I'd expect. Is there some trick to it? I'm hesitant to try in a group situation, especially since I'm my party's healer and need to be able to switch back and forth quickly to put out DPS.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

YamataNoOrochi posted:

Well that's good to hear, maybe they made an exception just for the XIV time codes. I know when I looked this morning they didn't have the promo listed.

Yeah, it definitely wasn't there when we were talking about it around noon.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Everybody seems to be getting codes right away with pre-orders but I bought an actual in stock game and still have yet to get mine. It says it can take up to 2 business days so I'm hoping they'll email it sometime soon.

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.

WhiteHowler posted:

I tried playing with the controller for a few hours over the weekend, and it was surprisingly playable, even for someone who has been playing MMO's for years on mouse/keyboard.

I'm having a lot of trouble selecting targets when there are a lot of enemies around. I'll use the D-pad to try to tab through everything quickly, but it usually doesn't start with the nearest enemy like I'd expect. Is there some trick to it? I'm hesitant to try in a group situation, especially since I'm my party's healer and need to be able to switch back and forth quickly to put out DPS.

The left/right targetting is weird. It operates as 'target the first thing to the left/right of center and go from there'

there is also a shortcut combination to scroll through the aggro list, but I cannot recall it.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I can't find anything that has that FF14 promotion, did they run out of codes or something?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So did S-E announce anything related to XIV at their E3 show?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Niton posted:

Incorrect, actually- when the NA promo was announced, S-E said they were in discussions with regional retailers to get the promo over to the EU as well.

There is no information about when the EU is getting the promos. "We're in discussions with regional retailers" is not information about when we're getting the promos! :v:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jun 15, 2016

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Verranicus posted:

No. There's a live letter thing tomorrow though.

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]

Verranicus posted:

They didn't do a show.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Ugly John posted:

They didn't do a show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fslh25FbVl4

It's still going on now.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I think I can fly if I just believe hard enough in my big dumb bird coat

http://i.imgur.com/CwXFhGB.gifv

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]

...well huh.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Azubah posted:

I can't find anything that has that FF14 promotion, did they run out of codes or something?

The item must be:

1) A physical object that can be shipped to you.
2) An item that is sold by Amazon. If it says anywhere on the page, "Fulfilled by Amazon" or anything to that effect, no go.
3) It must be from the Video Games department.
4) Cost $19.99 USD or more.

edit: Compare:

Scrolling down, you can see clearly that the one on the right offers the FFXIV stuff:

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jun 15, 2016

Gizmo Chicken
Feb 17, 2011

Yep.
I just got a promo code from a time card, so that at least definitely works and is digital.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Niton posted:

Can't wait to try and scalp one off ebay because AU/NZ are the forgotten countries. Just put them on Mogstation you fucks.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Gizmo Chicken posted:

I just got a promo code from a time card, so that at least definitely works and is digital.

Interesting. I guess they are making an exception for FFXIV time cards? They specifically state "Offer only applies when shipped and sold by Amazon.com", and that seems to have held up across the ten or so things I looked up. Someone asked about DQVII, and as far as I could tell, that's a digital preorder only. That was a no-go, for example.

ref: https://www.amazon.com/gp/promotions/details/popup/A2UC09NK87RBF1

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
I feel like I've actually won FFXIV; I've achieved the ultimate endgame dream: 100% anime saturation.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
I'm glad it works for pre-orders-- I buy very few physical games, but I did need to pre-order the new Pokemon so I just did it now. :v:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Filthy Haiku posted:

I feel like I've actually won FFXIV; I've achieved the ultimate endgame dream: 100% anime saturation.

Teach me your ways

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That's the new maid costume, the Halloween mount, a Mogbook, and one of the caster hats.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The maid outfit works extremely well on warriors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Filthy Haiku posted:

:golfclap:

• Locked thread