Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Szurumbur posted:

They did include Destroy Symbols+Drop Exp in this game, right? It was one of the best ideas they had in the Re;Birth games.

Unfortunately, no, but I don't recall ever needing to grind for anything that wasn't shares outside of the bonus dungeon, just for the achievement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

BTW, Omega Quintet is currently FOUR DOLLARS on PSN for the E3 sale, so you should buy that and talk about how terrible it is here.

This is coming from someone who has bought the game twice, once as a physical full-price preorder.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Do I want any of the DLC for Omega Quintet?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

From what I remember if you just grab the free stuff it gives you a bunch of money and items for crafting.

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012
Unless you're doing the ridiculous post-game DLC, no, you don't really need any of the paid stuff.

Just save yourself some sanity and do a playthrough of the easiest difficulty first, then you can decide if you want to do a full hard-mode playthrough after. If you wish to do so, go max out the weapon proficiencies for everyone and transfer that over at minimum.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Since the game is $4, I think the weapon DLC is worth it, since it'll make the game go even faster.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Takoluka posted:

BTW, Omega Quintet is currently FOUR DOLLARS on PSN for the E3 sale, so you should buy that and talk about how terrible it is here.

This is coming from someone who has bought the game twice, once as a physical full-price preorder.

I've bought it before - I love the music, but the gameplay quickly become a bore: even on Normal random enemies have far too much HP and the battles are too long (unless you spam Aria's special attack, in which case they just become boring outright). Still a nice look into what VII would eventually become.

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012

Takoluka posted:

Since the game is $4, I think the weapon DLC is worth it, since it'll make the game go even faster.

Well, if you're suggesting things like that, then spending a couple of dollars for the Arcanium and EP power pack 3's would also cut down on the ridiculous grinding. The bottleneck's more on the Arcanium side of things as the game goes on.

Oh, and make sure to spam Cosmic Fan when playing through the game too.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Szurumbur posted:

I've bought it before - I love the music, but the gameplay quickly become a bore: even on Normal random enemies have far too much HP and the battles are too long (unless you spam Aria's special attack, in which case they just become boring outright). Still a nice look into what VII would eventually become.

The music is good, and I'm a fan of the group that did the mocap and choreography. And yeah, the reason I got it was to see what IF could do with PS4 power, and the result was... inconsistent frame rates! Good to be home.

Ozdhaka posted:

Well, if you're suggesting things like that, then spending a couple of dollars for the Arcanium and EP power pack 3's would also cut down on the ridiculous grinding. The bottleneck's more on the Arcanium side of things as the game goes on.

Oh, and make sure to spam Cosmic Fan when playing through the game too.

Yeah, I hate to recommend DLC for a good experience, but I feel like OQ is just one of those games. You can get through it, but it feels like artificial game-lengthening. Removing the excessive grind gives the game a reasonable length that's worth exploring to get all the endings. Maybe not the Platinum, but hey.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Takoluka posted:

ORDER BREAK

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Takoluka posted:

The music is good, and I'm a fan of the group that did the mocap and choreography. And yeah, the reason I got it was to see what IF could do with PS4 power, and the result was... inconsistent frame rates! Good to be home.

First game on a new console is always going to be pretty rough (hi, Atelier Sophie) so I'm glad that OQ was the sacrifical lamb that made Nep playable in full framerate.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If the tits aren't jiggling at 60 fps I'm just not interested

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jun 16, 2016

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Does an ability to break items and reveal hidden items unlock by the story progression, or am I missing something? I don't think any tutorial messages talked about that, so I think there'll be backtracking involved, now that we have actual dungeons to play through.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Szurumbur posted:

Does an ability to break items and reveal hidden items unlock by the story progression, or am I missing something? I don't think any tutorial messages talked about that, so I think there'll be backtracking involved, now that we have actual dungeons to play through.

There are item dev recipes you'll get, and I think you get them from plot bosses so you can't miss them.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Szurumbur posted:

The hidden items is a Scout thing that doesn't start until the second chapter, along with second-tier block-breaking.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Well, twelve bucks for V-2 was an offer I couldn't let pass and so, now I'm the proud owner of it.

Before diving into it, are the DLC characters worthwhile? Do they just pop like in the rebirth games or do they have an actual plotline this time?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

There's no real plot to them. I bought Umio when he came out, and now that I have the Plat for the game, I don't have any drive to get the others, so I haven't tried them. I imagine Nepgya isn't much different Nepgear, though.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Umio is the best character, right? I'm only a couple hours in VII but he seems to be the best

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Umio is good, yes. Uzume and Umio are very good.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I left my PS4 overnight downloading V-II and it got stuck at 80%. What the hell Sony :argh:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Pause and start again?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Takoluka posted:

Pause and start again?

I'll try that when I get home :v:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Remote Play with your Vita from wherever you are. Always have your Vita on you. Tell everyone you have a Vita.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Put your PS4 lower than your router so that the internet flows downhill into it faster.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Takoluka posted:

Remote Play with your Vita from wherever you are. Always have your Vita on you. Tell everyone you have a Vita.

I always carry my Vita with me. Most of my playing is done in the commute to work and back home. :v:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Saint Freak posted:

Put your PS4 lower than your router so that the internet flows downhill into it faster.

This is literally a suggestion Neptune would make before Nepgear says "Umm... I don't think that's how it works, Neptune..."

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Takoluka posted:

I bought it and while it has a lot of flaws for whatever reason I'm enjoying myself. I'm in episode 5 right now. Granted, I bought some of the DLC equipment to make my playthrough less grindy.

It's weird that Takt has no jump lines while in the office. Poor guy.

I also bought Neptunia VII and look forward to finally going through that but feel like playing Omega Quintet will make me appreciate more what they learned from and improved in VII.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Takoluka posted:

Umio is good, yes. Uzume and Umio are very good.

That's good, Single Dad Fish is the best dad. Also, Nepgear seems to be out of under the bus that Victory threw her into.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

In spite of the series attempt to undermine her, Nepgear became the fan favorite as well as one of the dev favorites. She's the favorite of the main translator, so I'm sure he worked extra hard to make her dialogue great, which it is. And Christine Marie Cabanos has a great voice for her.

You can see Nepgear's evolution in how she went from being "The younger, more reasonable Nep (aka the boring one)" to having her own distinct personality and dynamic with characters. They focused a lot on her being a huge techie, so she has does a lot with her N-Gear in V2, makes the Nepulus Rift (temp) for the tutorial dungeon of RB3, and is able to further her relationship (OTP) dynamic with Uni by being a little gun nerd with cutscenes that address it.

Gearsy is the best.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Takoluka posted:

In spite of the series attempt to undermine her, Nepgear became the fan favorite as well as one of the dev favorites. She's the favorite of the main translator, so I'm sure he worked extra hard to make her dialogue great, which it is. And Christine Marie Cabanos has a great voice for her.

You can see Nepgear's evolution in how she went from being "The younger, more reasonable Nep (aka the boring one)" to having her own distinct personality and dynamic with characters. They focused a lot on her being a huge techie, so she has does a lot with her N-Gear in V2, makes the Nepulus Rift (temp) for the tutorial dungeon of RB3, and is able to further her relationship (OTP) dynamic with Uni by being a little gun nerd with cutscenes that address it.

Gearsy is the best.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

entered? she never left it.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
"What the goodness" is an extremely endearing phrase

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

cheetah7071 posted:

"What the goodness" is an extremely endearing phrase

:yeah:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So, what should I know before starting V-II?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Just boot it up and let the Nep flow over you

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

So, what should I know before starting V-II?

to check every town for events and watch them all on the reg. also, the dub is extremely powerful and good

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Speaking of dubs, I just learned that the there is a lot more Japanese voice track compare to the English track, at least in PC version of Rebirth 3, is that the case for all of newer games? That would suck because, yes, the entire dub cast is strong.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

davidHalestorm posted:

Speaking of dubs, I just learned that the there is a lot more Japanese voice track compare to the English track, at least in PC version of Rebirth 3, is that the case for all of newer games? That would suck because, yes, the entire dub cast is strong.

I believe this is the case for most of the previous games. The spin-offs are good about that (Blanc is the exception here), and V2 is 1:1, if I'm not mistaken (I probably am).

The dub got so good over the years. Helps that they've been doing the same roles for over half a decade.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Nah, VII isn't 1:1. It's still more than RB3 and maybe RB1 though, and they at least make sure the more story focused scenes are voiced for the most part. But most skits aren't.
Like takoluka said, it's been the case since Mk2, excluding spinoffs and Blanc. DLC characters are also silent in English outside of battles, except in the original Victory (but not RB3).
It's a gripe I've had forever but sadly one I've come to accept. I guess it beats not getting a dub at all like some games, although I can't think of many games in the same boat outside of Atelier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
It's a trend I've been noticing in jRPGs going back to the PS2 era. I'd guess it's because of wage differences in english VS japanese VAs but that's just a guess.