Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Grundulum posted:

I have a data request for everyone still working on getting their kingdoms to level 10. Right before you make the upgrade to level 10, make a team that contains a single troop (it doesn't matter which troop). Please let me know (a) what stat you gained from the upgrade, and (b) how many points your team score went up. Thanks for doing your part for :science:.

40 points from 1 armor on a level 1 common troop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psivamp
Sep 6, 2011

I am expert in shadowy field of many things.

Grundulum posted:

I have a data request for everyone still working on getting their kingdoms to level 10. Right before you make the upgrade to level 10, make a team that contains a single troop (it doesn't matter which troop). Please let me know (a) what stat you gained from the upgrade, and (b) how many points your team score went up. Thanks for doing your part for :science:.

Well, I can tell it doesn't apply traits to the number. My example would be Hobgoblin's first trait. If their ranking applied the effects of traits, then my goblin team would have a higher score on Invade PVP than defend PVP. However, the ranking is the same for offense and defense.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Traits do add to the score, but not the effects of the trait.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Anyone else having issues with losing your login streak since the new patch? Mine keeps resetting every couple of days or so and I never go more than maybe 12 hours without checking in.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

I always completely close out the app whenever I'm done playing. Otherwise it considers that the same session as before and won't count as a new login for the streak. Not to mention this buggy as gently caress app wakelocks my phone.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
1st level blue Peasant gained 40pts from going up 1 health

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Thanks for the info. Does anyone have a magic or attack kingdom below level 10? It makes sense that team score would be super simple (so a flat 40 points per bonus stat), but I'd like to rule out the possibility that attack or magic get treated differently -- they certainly do when it comes to team bonuses.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Attention Balls, stasisSA, and AnonymousRobot: you all show more than seven weeks of inactivity. I'm going to boot you from Gem Blossums unless you say you want to remain.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
All kingdoms are level 10. Feels good, man.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

gromdul posted:

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

gromdul posted:

Grundulum posted:

will keep an eye out, I have plenty of candidates still available

-------

:siren:

it happened.. how could I turn this opportunity down?

let's do this :getin:

duck's hero's cup thing was very annoying, but the ai made a critical error...

don't leave hydra with 1 HP and full mana :science:

:boom:

all that was left was the mopping up

:rip: 10/10 would stomp again

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Zetsubou-san posted:

will keep an eye out, I have plenty of candidates still available

-------

:siren:

it happened.. how could I turn this opportunity down?

let's do this :getin:

duck's hero's cup thing was very annoying, but the ai made a critical error...

don't leave hydra with 1 HP and full mana :science:

:boom:

all that was left was the mopping up

:rip: 10/10 would stomp again

rude :colbert:

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Anyone else not getting their rewards when they rank up in PvP? I think I've only got 1-2 and I'm rank 8 now. I need them keys and glory.

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

A Túrin Turambar turun ambartanen
Grimey Drawer

Grundulum posted:

Level 1 Runesmith, before upgrade: 1323
Level 1 Runesmith, after attack upgrade: 1363

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Grundulum posted:

I forgot your one troop instructions, but I just finished an attack kingdom and my team of 2 epics, a legendary, and hero went up 199 points. I'll see if I can remember for the next kingdom upgrade.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

duckfarts posted:

I forgot your one troop instructions, but I just finished an attack kingdom and my team of 2 epics, a legendary, and hero went up 199 points. I'll see if I can remember for the next kingdom upgrade.

Was this at level 10 or five stars? Getting a single kingdom to level 10 should have just changed that by 40 points; I don't know where the other 159 came from. I do know that team score seems to vary from login to login based on whether I have done PVP or PVE matches. Maybe that is what we're seeing here.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Grundulum posted:

Was this at level 10 or five stars? Getting a single kingdom to level 10 should have just changed that by 40 points; I don't know where the other 159 came from. I do know that team score seems to vary from login to login based on whether I have done PVP or PVE matches. Maybe that is what we're seeing here.

Well, again, this was for a full team.

Also, I hosed up the math:

so +219?

Also, I wonder if the level of the troop matters; I'm using epic, hero, legendary, epic.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

duckfarts posted:

Also, I wonder if the level of the troop matters; I'm using epic, hero, legendary, epic.

Nope. Your team score is composed of three parts. (1) a base score that gets added as soon as you put at least one troop in the team, (2) the scores of each troop, and (3) the AI penalty when determining team scores for your opponents.

Number (1), so far as anyone knows, is 40 points per level 10 kingdom plus 4.333... points for every point of mastery from guild, hero, and class (*not* from kingdoms!). Number (2) is 35 points per level, plus 25 points per rarity step above common (25 for rare, 50 for ultra, etc.), plus (number of traits)^2 * 50 points. No clue what number (3) is, but neither do I particularly care.

My open questions are (a) do magic kingdoms award more than 40 points for getting them to level 10, and (2) what points are awarded for getting a kingdom to 5 stars? I will be able to test the five star thing relatively soon -- just need to grind up some souls for Ghulvania. However, my kingdoms are long since level 10, so I can't check myself.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Grundulum posted:

Nope. Your team score is composed of three parts. (1) a base score that gets added as soon as you put at least one troop in the team, (2) the scores of each troop, and (3) the AI penalty when determining team scores for your opponents.

Number (1), so far as anyone knows, is 40 points per level 10 kingdom plus 4.333... points for every point of mastery from guild, hero, and class (*not* from kingdoms!). Number (2) is 35 points per level, plus 25 points per rarity step above common (25 for rare, 50 for ultra, etc.), plus (number of traits)^2 * 50 points. No clue what number (3) is, but neither do I particularly care.

My open questions are (a) do magic kingdoms award more than 40 points for getting them to level 10, and (2) what points are awarded for getting a kingdom to 5 stars? I will be able to test the five star thing relatively soon -- just need to grind up some souls for Ghulvania. However, my kingdoms are long since level 10, so I can't check myself.

Have you tried just asking the devs? It hardly seems like something that has to be kept a secret.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

starkebn posted:

Have you tried just asking the devs? It hardly seems like something that has to be kept a secret.

Where's the fun in that? :v: This is all from a discussion thread in the official forums, so the devs could have weighed in if they wanted to.

psivamp
Sep 6, 2011

I am expert in shadowy field of many things.

Grundulum posted:

I got Zaejin up to 5 stars and my Goblin team didn't change rating. I think.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
Could I get an invite for Salmonhands please?

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I realized that I could record game play on my phone through the Google Play Games app, so I did a thing. If you wait a few minutes it will have some sweet bass drops or something. I sped up the game play so it wasn't so tedious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_j92qA_Hwc

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

Depends posted:

Could I get an invite for Salmonhands please?

Invited to Gem Boiz.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

I've been traitstone farming (oh god it sucks I'm retarded) and my score fluctuates by around 200 points from boring identical fight to boring identical fight. That makes no sense.

Also Mab is OP.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Bandire posted:

I've been traitstone farming (oh god it sucks I'm retarded) and my score fluctuates by around 200 points from boring identical fight to boring identical fight. That makes no sense.

Also Mab is OP.

Mab is another OP card I don't have :/

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Here's another pretty fast team, if you have enough traitstones:

--Abyssal Banner, or +2 purple banner
--Black Manacles, Necromancer class (2, but preferably 3 traits, with the +magic perk)
--3x Aziris (3 traits)

Two purple matches is enough to fill the Black Manacles, thanks to the pumping from both the banner and the Azirises. My Manacles do 20 damage per cast with no kingdoms at 5 stars, since every troop is purple. Then the necromancy bonuses from all the Azirises pump up my soul count at the end, even more so since I have the hero class's third trait.

I am tempted to replace an Aziris with a Giant Spider (1 trait) for better color coverage and some purple generation. It might be worth the loss of 1 point of damage and one less necromancy bonus. If the Spider fires, I probably get back those souls from the 4- and 5-matches anyway.

The Archer+Soothsayer team I mentioned a while back is still the gold standard for pure traitstone-farming speed, but this one gets many more souls while you're at it.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

gromdul posted:

I realized that I could record game play on my phone through the Google Play Games app, so I did a thing. If you wait a few minutes it will have some sweet bass drops or something. I sped up the game play so it wasn't so tedious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_j92qA_Hwc
nice! i wish you didn't have the music on that video though because the game sounds are awesome sped up

i should probably do a nice cycling setup like that, but i'm still attached to my meat 'n potatoes setup that uses luther to do dumb things like this:

it's all fun and games until one of my guys gets devoured, and in one of my games, two of my guys got devoured :(

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard
So my ex Guild leader is serious about getting into the TOP50 and kicked me for 1 week off despite my 1,3 or 1,5 Mio Gold donations (right behind the Guild Leader).
Allright, LES GROSSMAN (lvl 258) would like to have an invite for a Goon Guild if you ladies and lads got one open spot.

Mr.PayDay fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jun 16, 2016

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Mr.PayDay posted:

So my ex Guild leader is serious about getting into the TOP50 and kicked me for 1 week off despite my 1,3 or 1,5 Mio Gold donations (right behind the Guild Leader).
Allright, LES GROSSMAN (lvl 258) would like to have an invite for a Goon Guild if you ladies and lads got one open spot.

Invited to Gem Boiz

I just did a purge on Gem Boiz for anyone inactive for over two weeks. Zoot, you've gone 20 days without a battle but I wanted to give you a chance to remain in since you've been in the guild forever. If you're still active just do a battle or post here and let us know.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I'm zoot and sadly I've stopped playing. Go ahead and kick me.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Mr.PayDay posted:

So my ex Guild leader is serious about

sever

Pointsman
Oct 9, 2010

If you see me posting about fitness
ASK ME HOW MY HELLRAISER TRAINING IS GOING
I got my last kingdom to 10, so now it's time to dump everything full force into guild tasks. :)

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008
The next mythic troop is in the troop list. Go to Troops, Show All, then look for Famine. Looks interesting.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011
If being low level doesn't matter much, WOLPERTINGER could use a guild invite. I'm complete poo poo right now but apparently guilds give free currency which sounds really useful right about now.

On another note, is there any way to actually figure out how much mana you actually need to cast any given spell, and how much mana you're actually getting when you match gems? It's vague as hell and some abilities seem to take much more to fill than others (see : the godly roc spell that i almost never get to actually use before something kills it)

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Wolpertinger posted:

If being low level doesn't matter much, WOLPERTINGER could use a guild invite. I'm complete poo poo right now but apparently guilds give free currency which sounds really useful right about now.

On another note, is there any way to actually figure out how much mana you actually need to cast any given spell, and how much mana you're actually getting when you match gems? It's vague as hell and some abilities seem to take much more to fill than others (see : the godly roc spell that i almost never get to actually use before something kills it)

from the map screen, tap on the settings cog on the right, then select Show Spell/Mana Details

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Wolpertinger posted:

Invited to Gem Blossums.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011
My team is getting a bit less lovely and I am finally winning tougher fights/pvp by abusing the hell out of Boar Rider (free turn + damage + clearing a row to help set up combos is godlike and has several times allowed me to have like 8+ turns in a row by endlessly chaining it and 4 gem combos) and Nymph (a massive +hp buff on top of completely negating the next damage you take while also giving more green mana to the boar rider? yes please!). Should I be saving these glory points and gems for something, or just spending them on chests?

Wolpertinger fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Jun 17, 2016

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Save your first 500 gems for the +100% gold armor, and buy at least one of the special weekly glory rewards box. The troop is nice, but the best thing is the arcane traitstone, those are quite rare. If there's a traitstone in the pack for a troop you like, you should buy as much as you need.

For example, this week's reward box has the arcane green/purple traitstone, which coincidentally is what boar rider needs. His first two traits aren't that good, but with his third trait which costs 2 arcane traitstones (I think?) he gains 1 damage for each green ally on his spell, which can be quite significant (and easy to achieve in a full goblin deck).

So, gems: buy 500 gem armor first, then after that buy 50 gem keys for 450 gems.
Glory: buy the weekly reward box at least once, save the rest for a week with desired arcane traitstones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
I do not agree with the above advice. Get the 50-gem Dwarven armor first. Then start saving for the Dragon Armor. The boost to gold helps tremendously with getting your kingdom levels up while you accumulate the 500 gems needed for Dragon.

I agree that you should save glory for one or more troop packs a week; now that you are in a guild you should basically never buy glory keys again.