Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
That's another ridiculous shot today, good job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Oh yeah give me more of them volleys

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

straight up brolic posted:

what a loving thunderbolt

RIP the shot power chart

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

This has been a pretty good week or so for thunderbolts.

saucerman
Mar 20, 2009
Looks like they were riots after the Russia game. Plot twist: It was English fans, shouting "gently caress off Russia".

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
dammit my stream froze what happened

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Filip mode is the greatest

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
guys did you know shaqiri is actually pronounced "shachiri"

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Rat leaving a sinking ship.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Blue Star Error posted:

Filip mode is the greatest

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Embolo already looking fun

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Oh Max Bretos announcing

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

nice slore

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Shaqiri is so bad

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
OMG how is this not like 5-1 yet. Oh yeah

Dunban posted:

Shaqiri is so bad

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Lots of people falling over with cramp. Overtrained? Undertrained? Badly nutrition-ed?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Why do I have to have a PHD to get swiss citizenship but they allow all these a*es from Kosovo

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Wow, lol at this

"Interviewed before the match, the Swiss Stoke star said "I expect we will see 11 determined men in yellow, like a Leicester preseason trip."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3546452/Stoke-Star-Shaqiri-Makes-Controversial-Leicester-Remarks.html

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

African AIDS cum posted:

Why do I have to have a PHD to get swiss citizenship but they allow all these a*es from Kosovo

It's so we can field a national football team

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

every game this tournament finishes 1-1 every single one

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Wengy posted:

It's so we can field a national football team

The old swiss team was cool with Frei etc. And what happened to Barnetta why is he rotting in Mls

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

African AIDS cum posted:

Wow, lol at this

"Interviewed before the match, the Swiss Stoke star said "I expect we will see 11 determined men in yellow, like a Leicester preseason trip."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3546452/Stoke-Star-Shaqiri-Makes-Controversial-Leicester-Remarks.html

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Frei was never well-liked, which I don't understand because he scored and he spat on Stevie G which owns. Barnetta has always been a garbageman.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

African AIDS cum posted:

Wow, lol at this

Hmmm didn't know he was a TRP poster

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

gently caress. Should have won this.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

Blue Star Error posted:

every game this tournament finishes 1-1 every single one

If we wanna be pedantic (and who doesnt?!) I think this is the 4th 1-1 out of 14 games.

Rockybar
Sep 3, 2008

have Russia been disqualified yet?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

What can FIFA do to improve this sport? Bigger goals? Bigger fields? Fewer players? Scoring is too low. Very boring.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Most boring match of the tournament? Hell, there's more to come!

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

African AIDS cum posted:

What can FIFA do to improve this sport? Bigger goals? Bigger fields? Fewer players? Scoring is too low. Very boring.

10 men, no gloves for the goalie, multiball if scoreless at the half.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Rockybar posted:

have Russia been disqualified yet?

Any moment now.

The local commentators just said that this referee was the best Russian today :laffo:

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

10 men, no gloves for the goalie, multiball if scoreless at the half.

no monkeycheese jokes please. The sport is seriously dire almost unwatchable. Sad.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

African AIDS cum posted:

no monkeycheese jokes please. The sport is seriously dire almost unwatchable. Sad.

At least it's not baseball?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

African AIDS cum posted:

You know my opinion on this but I'll say it again because I love the sight of my own posts:

Death To Group Stages

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Blue Star Error posted:

You know my opinion on this but I'll say it again because I love the sight of my own posts:

Death To Group Stages

Yeah this really needs to happen in the cups and champions league. How many teams could participate in this if they did it FA cup style?

But teams can defend too well now too. Need a radical change like when they banned the backpass

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
If there are no goals by halftime, make each side take out a defender every 10 minutes until the game ends.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Martial starts for France :cool:

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

African AIDS cum posted:

Yeah this really needs to happen in the cups and champions league. How many teams could participate in this if they did it FA cup style?

But teams can defend too well now too. Need a radical change like when they banned the backpass

That thing you posted a while back where a maths guy made a system that was kinda like a group stage in terms of number of games each team plays but matches actually have some semblance of importance seemed like a good compromise but I can't really remember the details.

They could trial getting rid of or changing offside and see what happens, that would at least stretch out the playing area / players ratio, or as we say in the advanced stats community, now thats PAPR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM
Bigger goals maybe? The current goal size was set in the 1880s when the average man was 5 foot 2

• Locked thread