Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I do hope we get an explanation why that is bad

Edit:
Let's quote it again for the new page too

Megalixir posted:

Liam has started saying "in a minute" like "we haven't seen that in a minute" but he's white

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
It reads like an AMDB goof

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
Megalixer's balls are on the forum stream.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Yardbomb posted:

What, did they have some horrendous shitter guest around or something for a thing.

I don't get it, the CEO just touched a bit on the Orlando situation in what I thought was a sincere way. It didn't really feel immensely authentic, but it was way better than everyone else just mock sympathizing with some rainbow ribbon imo

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Sometimes I feel like people work way too hard to poo poo on Best Friends not called Matt, even though they don't need to.

Megalixir posted:

Liam has started saying "in a minute" like "we haven't seen that in a minute" but he's white

This is one of these times.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Futaba Anzu posted:

I don't get it, the CEO just touched a bit on the Orlando situation in what I thought was a sincere way. It didn't really feel immensely authentic, but it was way better than everyone else just mock sympathizing with some rainbow ribbon imo
Some people think mentioning it at all in a convention promoting games featuring guns is insensitive basically. That and there's basically a couple dozen journalists making GBS threads on E3 right now for even existing.
I think it's fine but the Ubisoft address coming after the Just Dance festival thing really felt dissonant.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

And some people, some apparently named Woolie I guess, get annoyed at their video games acknowledging anything outside the bubble even for a brief second.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Hope nobody poo poo on Nintendo's tribute considering one of their planned guests was apparently killed at that nightclub.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Besides noting the mood whiplash when the presentation proper started they wisely kept their mouths shut that time

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Yeah, they were respectful, but that was serious mood whiplash. I expected Reggie to say thank you before the bubbly screen wipe into the Zelda trailer.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

HGH posted:

Some people think mentioning it at all in a convention promoting games featuring guns is insensitive basically. That and there's basically a couple dozen journalists making GBS threads on E3 right now for even existing.
I think it's fine but the Ubisoft address coming after the Just Dance festival thing really felt dissonant.

My favorite part of those articles is how Slavic peoples apparently don't count for the diversity quota they have running in their broken brains

Sure they may be one of the most persecuted and discriminated groups in European history but I really want to throw a bitch fit about E3 and the Witcher so they're Whitey #507 to me, most likely a self-hating white person

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

You know CDProjeckt themselves acknowledged that it was an issue, and included the ofieri dudes in HoS as a nod to it for that exact reason. You don't have to keep defending their honor.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
Hmm yes bringing up a DLC from 2015 in a discussion about E3 2016

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Perfect Potato posted:

CD Projekt Red makes good games, suck my dick

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Perfect Potato posted:

The DLC from 2016 isn't set in slavicland. Real odd time for you to grind your axe in general imo.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Rodyle posted:

The DLC from 2016 isn't set in slavicland. Real odd time for you to grind your axe in general imo.

We're talking about E3 and the articles pertaining to it

quote:

CD Projekt Red makes good games, suck my dick

Agreed, and pass

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Perfect Potato posted:

We're talking about E3 and the articles pertaining to it.

And in so doing marched out the same argument that the devs themselves already conceded isn't sufficient.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
A dev saying a thing does not change the act of lumping everyone with a slightly Caucasian hue into being "The Man" regardless of the context of political, regional, or social history into not being infantile and pathetic by nature

ChumpsForChange
Jun 2, 2011
* Pat's not on the podcast*
Oh well that's a bummer but it will still probably be go-
*Matt leaves halfway through*
Despair

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Perfect Potato posted:

A dev saying a thing does not change the act of lumping everyone with a slightly Caucasian hue into being "The Man" regardless of the context of political, regional, or social history into not being infantile and pathetic by nature

the actual pathetic thing is you keep posting about it

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

ChumpsForChange posted:

Despair

Awesome, thanks for letting me know I can totally skip this week's podcast.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

the actual pathetic thing is you keep posting about it

Hmm a "much like your posting" snipe, whoever could have predicted this, here on the Something Awful forums

I dropped the Deux Ex playthrough halfway through, are they near the end yet I might shotgun through the playlist if it's wrapping up

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Perfect Potato posted:

Hmm a "much like your posting" snipe, whoever could have predicted this, here on the Something Awful forums

I dropped the Deux Ex playthrough halfway through, are they near the end yet I might shotgun through the playlist if it's wrapping up

There's still a bit left to it. They still have the last half of the DLC and two(?) more stealthingish areas

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Perfect Potato posted:

No, but a fantasy story which heavily features the themes of racial discrimination, but just uses white non-humans for those themes is uh, let's call it "lacking." Parallels aside, Witcher ISN'T actually set in Northeast Medieval Europe, you can't just act like it's matching historical Slav/German conflicts. Witcher 3 tries to find the balance between the setting (and Sapkowski's hilarious ethnic stereotypes that go with it) and the strongest possible writing but you can't get pissy when people wish their balance didn't largely sit at "well let's just not have them."

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Captain Invictus posted:

Hope nobody poo poo on Nintendo's tribute considering one of their planned guests was apparently killed at that nightclub.

The guest they had planned was shot and killed in Orlando but it was a separate incident. America!

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

ChumpsForChange posted:

Despair

At first I was excited that the podcast was three hours long

Then Matt left :unsmigghh:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
More and more I think Woolie's one of those people that don't understand how people can feel sad outside of the very surface level, especially once Matt left the podcast.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I was quite keen on the podcast

Keen on Liam and Woolie's discussion about how great e3 is

Keen on their flat answering of questions

Quite keen

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

A shattered friendcast and the sealed envelope bombcast in a single stroke, a dire week for video game podcasts

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Easy Allies podcast was pretty good. A 9 man crew actually works pretty well, strangely.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Oh this letter time's fairly dire and i'm just at the first question. gently caress you, Woolie, Tidus being silent instead would be terrible.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Tae posted:

More and more I think Woolie's one of those people that don't understand how people can feel sad outside of the very surface level, especially once Matt left the podcast.

What happen? Like did he call out Matt for leaving?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Holy poo poo star fox zero is a complete wet fart phone in game, I'm shocked by how little Nintendo tried with this game and how poo poo the controls are. And then they'll stupidly wonder why the game isn't performing.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Al-Saqr posted:

Holy poo poo star fox zero is a complete wet fart phone in game, I'm shocked by how little Nintendo tried with this game and how poo poo the controls are. And then they'll stupidly wonder why the game isn't performing.

I don't understand this sentiment because when I first saw the sbfp video on it I thought the controllable shooting was genuinely amazing, then I got to play it for an hour at a friend's house and it's an absolute blast. Do people really don't like having to move your body around a lot to aim or something?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Futaba Anzu posted:

I don't understand this sentiment because when I first saw the sbfp video on it I thought the controllable shooting was genuinely amazing, then I got to play it for an hour at a friend's house and it's an absolute blast. Do people really don't like having to move your body around a lot to aim or something?
yes, it's dumb but for some reason 'move your body slightly' is apparently an insane demand

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
It's not about moving your body, the controls are just really awkward to me and hard to get used to, especially for that weird chicken tank thing. It didn't help that between all-range mode and the various vehicles that I felt like I was frequently having to get used to yet another weird control scheme and then switching away from it again before I really got a handle on it.

I'm glad it didn't feel awkard to you and that you enjoyed it, but that was not my experience.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
This bestcast isn't bad so far

"Say what you will, the purple and green scheme worked out for Eva unit 1"

"Woolie's gonna buy that controller and it'll wind up being his mom"

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I know Platinum games are so short, but man, I didn't think Starfox would be over in 5 videos. Is that their shortest full playthrough?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I think they beat Afro Samurai in like 2 or 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

HGH posted:

I know Platinum games are so short, but man, I didn't think Starfox would be over in 5 videos. Is that their shortest full playthrough?

Afro Samurai 2.