Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

pookel posted:

I don't particularly care about hand holding, but it's really loving weird how PI likes to latch onto a couple of random pieces of info and then start "answering" questions the poster never even asked while ignoring the questions they actually do ask.

:) :) :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

So ACD's are popular in the US?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Fat Jesus posted:

So ACD's are popular in the US?

There's a definite rise in popularity right now and it's well deserved. Fattledogs are cool as gently caress.

pookel posted:

I don't particularly care about hand holding, but it's really loving weird how PI likes to latch onto a couple of random pieces of info and then start "answering" questions the poster never even asked while ignoring the questions they actually do ask.

PI latches on to nothing. Go to AI and say you're driving without brakes but list a bunch of tires that you want to replace and see how fast they go "holy gently caress you are a piece of poo poo for driving without brakes". Go to TFR and post pictures of your 3 year old holding a gun and ask which ammo is the best for a kid to shoot and casually mention that you think the kid's arm might've been broken when she shot the 12 gauge but you ain't too worried because things like that heal up and see what they do. Go to PSP and say everything WWE does is magic. Go to Games and ask which console is best. Hell, go to our arch nemesis Coupons and ask them how to start couponing.

Literally all of the other subforums tear you apart for being a willfully ignorant piece of poo poo that puts the well being of others in danger or when you share retarded opinions or ask retarded questions. We generally try to answer the enormous amount of retarded, repetitive questions that we're given politely so long as they're approached politely but when you post a loving picture of a sausage dog that's 100 years old and looks like garbage with a whole fuckin sob story and a list of medical issues, saying "hey your dog's kinda fat maybe you should feed it less?" is way nicer than any other subforum would react to equivalent bullshit.

It's nicer than I'd have been.

I'd have called the piece of poo poo dog a fuckwaste and told them to tear it's gunt off and use it for bacon because that fucker's ready to go to slaughter by the look of it's piggy rear end.

You know.

If I wasn't trying to keep up the bullshit fluffy bunny continuity. Sometimes.

And it wouldn't be out of place on any subforum here. Hope that helps!

Oh and Dyna Sore (rear end) is one of the worst posters I've ever seen in my life. Every time we try to help that little cuntbucket it cries and cries and screams and stomps. I can't buy a crate. I can't wall off a room. My dog must be a free and wilde beast but how do I get it to stop destroying stuff while I'm gone?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

It is impossible. All of our dogs do the same. I just let Amy eat KD. I didn't have to feed her kibble for a week. What else was I supposed to do? It's not Dog Ownership people. It's Dog Friendship. Friends don't put friends in CRATES and ROOMS. That's IMPRISONMENT.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I'd have called the piece of poo poo dog a fuckwaste and told them to tear it's gunt off and use it for bacon because that fucker's ready to go to slaughter by the look of it's piggy rear end.

holy poo poo that's harsh man

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Dyna Soar posted:

holy poo poo that's harsh man

If I wouldn't get probated or banned for it I'd tell you some poo poo that'd make your head spin if you think that's harsh :stare:

I literally stay out of this thread so I don't tell people to gently caress off and throw their garbage dogs on a landmine because I need to cool off from dealing with retards that can't parse that dogs are dogs. I got the burn out real bad and my filter is at about 0 so I've taken to bowing out at the moment instead of smashing windows at people.

Warbird posted:

How do I keep my pooch from plateauing in his gains?

shoot it in the head and mascerate it then articulate it's skeleton. Pet is now appropriate weight for it's immortal age range.

(this is a joke on a comedy forum I hope this has helped the shithill that is pyf understand gallows humor)

E: VVVV Are you literally too loving retarded to read "I've been taking a break off this poo poo lately" and realize I Haven't Been Posting Much other than the dumbass gdt in psp.

Fluffy Bunnies fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Jun 15, 2016

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

If I wouldn't get probated or banned for it I'd tell you some poo poo that'd make your head spin if you think that's harsh :stare:

I literally stay out of this thread so I don't tell people to gently caress off and throw their garbage dogs on a landmine because I need to cool off from dealing with retards that can't parse that dogs are dogs. I got the burn out real bad and my filter is at about 0 so I've taken to bowing out at the moment instead of smashing windows at people.

it's almost as if you're somehow forced to come here at least daily and read stuff that makes your blood boil.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

PI latches on to nothing. Go to AI and say you're driving without brakes but list a bunch of tires that you want to replace and see how fast they go "holy gently caress you are a piece of poo poo for driving without brakes". Go to TFR and post pictures of your 3 year old holding a gun and ask which ammo is the best for a kid to shoot and casually mention that you think the kid's arm might've been broken when she shot the 12 gauge but you ain't too worried because things like that heal up and see what they do. Go to PSP and say everything WWE does is magic. Go to Games and ask which console is best. Hell, go to our arch nemesis Coupons and ask them how to start couponing.

Annnnnnd thats why i love this forum.

want me to send you some fresh dank kitten pictures to sooth your troubled humors?

he is kinda right though except not liking murderdogs and dont let them be free to be themselves or murder babies or anything fun

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

E: VVVV Are you literally too loving retarded to read "I've been taking a break off this poo poo lately" and realize I Haven't Been Posting Much other than the dumbass gdt in psp.

you're doing such a great job at taking a break

i just don't get it. people come here asking questions. sometimes they're stupid or ignorant or w/e but who's honestly forcing you to be some kind of a resident rear end in a top hat expert? no one. stop reading the puppy & dog owner megathread if new dog owners get on your nerves. everyone's a newbie at some point and you're not doing people any favours posting the way you do

Dyna Soar fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Jun 15, 2016

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Dyna Soar posted:

i just don't get it. people come here asking questions. sometimes they're stupid or ignorant or w/e but who's honestly forcing you to be some kind of a resident rear end in a top hat expert? no one. stop reading the puppy & dog owner megathread if new dog owners get on your nerves. everyone's a newbie at some point and you're not doing people any favours posting the way you do
The goal is to have people learn something eventually, but I see why you might be confused.

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Cake, is it a drug, or is it simply a delicious chocolatey piece of heaven?
I realise that I'm an ignorant dog owner (I am trying to learn, sorry for being an idiot about dog's weight.) but I reckon the lady next door to where I am now is even less educated...she has a staffie which she says is purebred...it has a tightly curled tail. I mean, I guess it could possibly be a birth defect but it's got the colouration of a rottweiler and an arse like a basengi...

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Dyna Soar posted:

and some people have highly different definitions of what a good dog owner is as well, im sure my methods wont work for everyone, they just work for me. A lot of people have a lot more or more niche experience than I, dogs just keep happening to show up at my house :shrug:

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Kluliss posted:

I realise that I'm an ignorant dog owner (I am trying to learn, sorry for being an idiot about dog's weight.) but I reckon the lady next door to where I am now is even less educated...she has a staffie which she says is purebred...it has a tightly curled tail. I mean, I guess it could possibly be a birth defect but it's got the colouration of a rottweiler and an arse like a basengi...

Lots of dogs have curled tails to be honest. It could be fuckin anything. It could also be a birth defect. It could be that the dog likes showing off it's butthole to a million other people. Who knows.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

wtftastic posted:

The goal is to have people learn something eventually, but I see why you might be confused.

well, i did actually get good advice in this thread and took it to heart. don't know why i couldn't come up with it myself, but there you go. lesson learned, baby gates are a good way to contain a destructive puppy. he's doing great by the way, stopped destroying poo poo a while back altho i still keep him gated off in his own room with nothing except a kong, water and his bed during the day.

on topic, do you honestly think this kind of posting is helping people learn? other than not to ask a second question.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Cake, is it a drug, or is it simply a delicious chocolatey piece of heaven?

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Lots of dogs have curled tails to be honest. It could be fuckin anything. It could also be a birth defect. It could be that the dog likes showing off it's butthole to a million other people. Who knows.

Oh for sure it could be a birth defect, that's why I said it...

It's just that round here people will believe almost anything is purebred staffie, including my dog (which very much isn't pure anything) so I was curious, especially since a cursory Google when I had a moment said 'absolutely no curly tails' for them.

:shrug:

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me

Dyna Soar posted:

No one giving advice in this thread minds newbie questions, even if they're ones that have been asked a million times, you dense mother fucker. What people get annoyed at is people like you, pookel, and the now-slightly-redeemed kluliss who get defensive when they're given frank, honest advice and not told an easy fix or what they want to hear.

The regulars in this thread wouldn't waste their time answering the same potty break or separation anxiety questions if they didn't want to help newbies learn and be better dog owners. You have literal professional dog trainers giving you advice and instead you throw a toddlers tantrum.

Protip: if you hate how this thread is a bunch of big ol meanies, why don't you stop reading this thread?

squidtarts posted:

My dog has had diarrhea for about a day now and it's finally calming down enough for me to feed her. Most places suggest plain white rice and chicken breast, but the chicken allergy is what got us into this situation. Would plain lean ground beef be an acceptable thing to feed while her stomach is recovering?

This got semi overlooked so hopefully it's cleared up by now, but fwiw I don't know how good a substitute for chicken breast lean beef would be, unless it's extra lean. For future or current reference, pumpkin also works well to harden stool. Sometimes at work if we have a dog with really bad shits we'll mix in both rice and pumpkin :)

Psychobabble! fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jun 15, 2016

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Psychobabble! posted:

No one giving advice in this thread minds newbie questions, even if they're ones that have been asked a million times, you dense mother fucker. What people get annoyed at is people like you, pookel, and the now-slightly-redeemed kluliss who get defensive when they're given frank, honest advice and not told an easy fix or what they want to hear.

The regulars in this thread wouldn't waste their time answering the same potty break or separation anxiety questions if they didn't want to help newbies learn and be better dog owners. You have literal professional dog trainers giving you advice and instead you throw a toddlers tantrum.

Protip: if you hate how this thread is a bunch of big ol meanies, why don't you stop reading this thread?

do you actually read this thread at all? do you i need to quote the messages a few pages back for you? i agree most regulars are very helpful and if not nice then at least neutral. on the other hand a few select regulars seem to just want to troll by posting the poo poo i've already quoted here many times.

i don't think this thread is a bunch of big ol meanies, but it does kind of get cluttered up every 10 or 20 pages by the same rear end in a top hat brigade coming in to wish someones dog to die.

Dyna Soar fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Jun 15, 2016

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Dyna Soar posted:

on topic, do you honestly think this kind of posting is helping people learn? other than not to ask a second question.

Yes

Dyna Soar posted:

do you actually read this thread at all? do you i need to quote the messages a few pages back for you?

She does

Kluliss posted:

Oh for sure it could be a birth defect, that's why I said it...

It's just that round here people will believe almost anything is purebred staffie, including my dog (which very much isn't pure anything) so I was curious, especially since a cursory Google when I had a moment said 'absolutely no curly tails' for them.

:shrug:

I mean that's how people here are. Dog has a brindled coat and is long haired and also literally 3ft at the shoulder "lab mix".

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Dyna Soar posted:

do you actually read this thread at all? do you i need to quote the messages a few pages back for you?

:getout:

Naw I just have been posting in it and both asking advice and giving some where I felt I had some input for a couple years

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Dyna Soar posted:

do you actually read this thread at all? do you i need to quote the messages a few pages back for you? i agree most regulars are very helpful and if not nice then at least neutral. on the other hand a few select regulars seem to just want to troll by posting the poo poo i've already quoted here many times.

i don't think this thread is a bunch of big ol meanies, but it does kind of get cluttered up every 10 or 20 pages by the same rear end in a top hat brigade coming in to wish someones dog to die.

its pretty tame :shrug: do you frequent the rest of the forums?

Psychobabble! posted:

pumpkin also works well to harden stool. Sometimes at work if we have a dog with really bad shits we'll mix in both rice and pumpkin :)

E: I'm assuming canned pumpkin type stuff? thats a good thing to know thanks

TehRedWheelbarrow fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Jun 15, 2016

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009
I think most of SA has toned down a lot. PI still reminds me of pre-Whirled Peas GWS with a lot less other activity.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

SneakyFrog posted:

its pretty tame :shrug: do you frequent the rest of the forums?

yeah, and for example most of the music forum megathreads are pretty chill.

eh, this is going nowhere. be dicks as much as you want, it's just making you seem very juvenile.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

SneakyFrog posted:

Canned pumpkin that's JUST pumpkin. Not the pumpkin pie filling stuff because the spices can bother a dog a bit more. I keep a can on hand just in case. Works great for diarrhea, works pretty good for constipation.

Rurutia posted:

I think most of the forum has toned down a lot. PI still reminds me of pre-Whirled Peas GWS with a lot less other activity.

My rear end. There's some love and kittens everywhere but when poo poo gets to throwdown on some idiot screaming idiotic things, hellfire blazes literally everywhere. Including whirled peas gws.

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Edit: gently caress, beaten

SneakyFrog posted:

Yeah, that's the stuff, just regular canned pumpkin though, not the pie filling kind.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
cool, always like to have stuff on hand in case of things.

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009
I'm talking about the degree of hellfire blazing. However you feel about Whirled Peas, at least now in GWS, other regulars tell the assholes to simmer the gently caress down. When a newbie is being particularly egregious, we have cook offs. In YLLS, people are pretty crass, but no one tells someone else to go die or anything like that - it's usually just, stop being a baby and harden the gently caress up. Or, if you do this you will likely die, we can't stop you tho so have fun.

:shrug:, yall do whatever the gently caress you want. It doesn't bother me, I appreciate free advice from professionals and I don't expect to have it delivered to me in the manner I would if I was paying for it. It doesn't change reality as I perceive it though.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Dyna Soar posted:

yeah, and for example most of the music forum megathreads are pretty chill.

eh, this is going nowhere. be dicks as much as you want, it's just making you seem very juvenile.

Thanks for your permission some dude who showed up from screaming from a sauna about crates

Ausrotten
Mar 9, 2016

STILL A HUGE FUCKIN DICK

Kluliss posted:

I realise that I'm an ignorant dog owner (I am trying to learn, sorry for being an idiot about dog's weight.)

dude youre fine. you realize there's a problem and youre taking steps to address it. at the end of the day, that's literally all that matters.

pookel posted:

if you keep posting about your dog trying to bite kids people are going to focus on that rather than whatever your question was, yes

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Rurutia posted:

I'm talking about the degree of hellfire blazing. However you feel about Whirled Peas, at least now in GWS, other regulars tell the assholes to simmer the gently caress down. When a newbie is being particularly egregious, we have cook offs. In YLLS, people are pretty crass, but no one tells someone else to go die or anything like that - it's usually just, stop being a baby and harden the gently caress up. Or, if you do this you will likely die, we can't stop you tho so have fun.

:shrug:, yall do whatever the gently caress you want. It doesn't bother me, I appreciate free advice from professionals and I don't expect to have it delivered to me in the manner I would if I was paying for it. It doesn't change reality as I perceive it though.

Good if it doesn't bother you I'm glad please stop posting here bye

Ausrotten posted:

if you keep posting about your dog trying to bite kids people are going to focus on that rather than whatever your question was, yes

no you see it's not the dog biting that's the problem, it's the color of it's collar.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

My precious pooch keeps causing drama on Comedy Forum pet threads and I think it may be adversefly effecting his social skills and causing an overall lower level of public dialogue. Should I limit his computer time or tell him to stop being a shitlord?

Sock Weasel
Sep 13, 2010

It's loving hilarious that a three page Dyna Soar meltdown was started by this:

Ausrotten posted:

it can't hurt to have a vet look at it. One of the things the vet is probably going to point out to you is that your dog is very over weight

Of all things. If you think that's mean for PI then :allears:

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Sock Weasel posted:

It's loving hilarious that a three page Dyna Soar meltdown was started by this:

Of all things. If you think that's mean for PI then :allears:

hah, hardly a meltdown. just pointing out how weird it is that a bunch of adults, supposedly even professional animal caretakers feel it's a-ok to act like a bunch of mean bully teenagers, and even justify it by saying they're only trying to help or that the posters they're bullying deserve it for getting defensive.

Dyna Soar fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jun 15, 2016

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

Dyna Soar posted:

I'm no expert

:)

Dyna Soar you sure have posted a lot of poo poo itt. Did your buddy's retarded fear-biting foster dog end up getting euthed?

btw I hope you've realised that Kluliss has basically put her hands up & said 'ok cool im chill' and you're still furiously white knighting her and any other Poor Soul Who Got Got By PI.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
eh, nevermind. i'll stop now

Dyna Soar fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jun 15, 2016

Wheats
Sep 28, 2007

strange sisters

Dyna Soar posted:

hah, hardly a meltdown. just pointing out how weird it is that a bunch of adults, supposedly even professional animal caretakers feel it's a-ok to act like a bunch of mean bully teenagers, and even justify it by saying they're only trying to help or that the posters they're bullying deserve it for getting defensive.

you have spent months now taking every chance you get to derail this thread any time someone gives advice you don't like the wording of.

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?
Witnessed one of the worst dog attacks I've ever seen at the dog park today. These two old ladies had two older little bischons that I noticed earlier would bark and get really aggressive if any dog came close to their owners. They growled at my dog, he got spooked and came back towards me and we went our separate ways. They were aggressive towards a few other dogs but I thought nothing of it. Little dogs can just be that way sometimes.

Probably 30 minutes later, at the other end of this huge off leash park I hear this blood curdling growl and screams in the distance. I see one of the older ladies pick up her bischon and a generic medium sized yellow mutt is attacking the little dog and won't let go. It's starting to thrash the little dog violently (still in the arms of the old lady).

The owner is trying to pull him off and it's not working, she's pulling with all her weight and just can't get her dog to let go. I'm pretty sure she was bit afew times in the process. A guy jumped the fence and tried to bear hug it from behind and choke it out but the dog still wasn't letting go. A second guy jumps in and it takes him punching the dog in the face a few times for it to let off.

Apparently, one of the little bischons got aggressive towards mutt and the mutt attacked. It's crazy how strong a 50lb dog can be. It took three people to get the dog to give up for just long enough to let go. I left before the cops came.

Crazy stuff.

On a side note, I'm taking my dog camping for the first time tomorrow. I hope he enjoys it.

squidtarts
May 26, 2005

I think women are intimidated by me because I have mean cartoon eyebrows.

Psychobabble! posted:

This got semi overlooked so hopefully it's cleared up by now, but fwiw I don't know how good a substitute for chicken breast lean beef would be, unless it's extra lean. For future or current reference, pumpkin also works well to harden stool. Sometimes at work if we have a dog with really bad shits we'll mix in both rice and pumpkin :)

Yeah, I had pumpkin ready to go too, but my dog is a picky little rear end in a top hat so I wanted to make sure I had some meat to add in. She did well with 97% lean beef, mixed with rice and pumpkin. Thank god, because she's a little too big for the largest size dog diapers and a dog that massive can make a lot of squirts.

(given the recent topic I feel like I should point out that she's an akita, not a lardo :v: )

squidtarts fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Jun 16, 2016

Ausrotten
Mar 9, 2016

STILL A HUGE FUCKIN DICK
wtf post pics of your akita, akitas own

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Ausrotten posted:

wtf post pics of your akita, akitas own

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.

Verman posted:

Apparently, one of the little bischons got aggressive towards mutt and the mutt attacked. It's crazy how strong a 50lb dog can be. It took three people to get the dog to give up for just long enough to let go. I left before the cops came.

And this is why people letting their little dogs be aggressive little shits because "it's cute he thinks he's a big dog tee hee" is one of my pet peeve soapbox issues about dog ownership. Even if the little dog started it the big dog always gets blamed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?
I agree.

Another reason why I'm uneasy is seeing people bring their small children to the dog park. Personally it seems like a recipe for disaster but then again I don't have kids so it's easy for me to say "don't bring your kids here".