Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Wow, they weren't even trying with that paste job.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
That's a... drastic tonal shift from the other posters.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

And nothing can withstand our fixed bayonets
The EDF deploys!

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jun 15, 2016

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I'd much rather just watch Battle: Los Angeles again.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

So... is that just a Photoshop accident, or am I meant to take from this that we're hitting the aliens so hard with our bayonets that the entire barrel of the rifle goes through their skull?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I'd much rather just watch Battle: Los Angeles again.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a re-branded Battle of Los Angeles 2.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Light Gun Man posted:

And nothing can withstand our fixed bayonets
The EDF deploys!

I'm really surprised they haven't been sued as hell for that since more than other "mockbusters" that is totally trying to create brand confusion.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

So... is that just a Photoshop accident, or am I meant to take from this that we're hitting the aliens so hard with our bayonets that the entire barrel of the rifle goes through their skull?

AND the forward sight all without shattering the skull.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
#FFChat

https://twitter.com/fastfurious/status/743178873127342080

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

O-Oh. Okay then.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

:allears:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
F8ST is seriously going to be the best movie ever. The Rock is going to throw a car at Helen Mirren and it's going to be loving bananas.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Wasn't there a more specific, interesting picture they could use? That looks like a stock photo.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

'I'll show you bloody granny shifting!' /burns out

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

1) gently caress YES.

2) That hashtag makes me think they're gonna call it The Fate Of Fast And Furious.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

FAST 8 RED 3. You know you want it.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Inzombiac posted:

AND the forward sight all without shattering the skull.

It's going to one of those stories where aliens find out that humans is the most vicious species in the universe and attacking us have only made us more dangerous.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

The MSJ posted:

It's going to one of those stories where aliens find out that humans is the most vicious species in the universe and attacking us have only made us more dangerous.

What did Omar do to piss off a witch doctor?

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The MSJ posted:

I wish WB would make a movie based on Orc Political Simulator 2014.

Another new poster:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7IhVf9CXpg

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

F8ST is seriously going to be the best movie ever. The Rock is going to throw a car at Helen Mirren and it's going to be loving bananas.

"You drive like your grandma!!!!"

"...I wish."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Poor Phil.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

God Ballers looks terrible. As terrible as Vinyl looked. I feel like both of these shows can best be described as played out.

Ballers is let's grab the Entourage fanbase and merge them with the Arli$$ fanbase. Only Arli$$ doesn't have a fan base and Entourage fans knew the show was dogshit for like the final three seasons. People like the Rock but that show looks like it has zero plot and breaks no new ground.

HBO is struggling to put out decent new shows in my opinion and they're lucky to have Silicon Valley, Girls and Game of Thrones.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

kiimo posted:

HBO is struggling to put out decent new shows in my opinion and they're lucky to have Silicon Valley, Girls and Game of Thrones.
And Veep. Not that bad when you think about it.

They should do a Game of Thrones-budget sci-fi series next.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I always forget Veep. That's a good show too. They canceled Togetherness, which I liked. I'm not sure anybody watched The Brink but it looked like an abortion. What else....Westworld? I don't know. I feel like it's more about what they pass on these days.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

The Brink was, indeed, terrible.

Definitely looking forward to Westworld.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

kiimo posted:

That's true in their opinion, as well...HBO has openly admitted that their original programming slate is tenuous and that they want to improve it.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Vegetable posted:

Well, the Westworld show is coming soon. I hope.

Once they're done with all the reshoots and re-castings and whatever else pushed that thing back a year or so.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Vegetable posted:

Dune would be an excellent fit for an HBO miniseries

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

MrBling posted:

Well, the Westworld show is coming soon. I hope.

Once they're done with all the reshoots and re-castings and whatever else pushed that thing back a year or so.

Asking extras to act like naked coffee tables and gently caress each other kinda gummed up the works for a while too.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Oh? Better than Scanner Cop?

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I haven't seen it but I looked up Almost Human & it looks like that movie got a lot of terrible reviews and didn't make much so I don't really get what the goal is with putting it on the poster. Trick people into thinking it's about the TV show and/or tryna sell people on the fact that the director has technically also directed something else?

Hat Thoughts fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jun 16, 2016

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Man, that reminds of like 9 years ago when David S. Goyer was set to write the script for a Scanners re-make with Darren Lynn Bousman to direct and nothing ever happened.

Turns out that Bousman didn't want to make the movie if Cronenberg didn't OK it, which he didn't, so I guess that is one thing that killed it.

I still would like a new version of Scanners, because while I love the original there is a lot of room for improvement.

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Dune would be an excellent fit for an HBO miniseries

Only if they got David Lynch to direct. :allears:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

DarkSol posted:

Only if they got David Lynch to direct. :allears:

Reunite Jadorowosky's crew, make his vision.

gently caress miniseries, go the full hog, do a series. Season 3 episode 9: "3,500 years later". Viewers: "what.'

I wonder if they can get Sean Bean for Leto I.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jun 16, 2016

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I have been reading some of Jodorowsky's Metabarons. Someone should adapt that. I nominate Karl Urban for Steelhead and Sigourney Weaver for giant space ship bug lady that ate planets.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

MikeJF posted:

Reunite Jadorowosky's crew, make his vision.

gently caress miniseries, go the full hog, do a series. Season 3 episode 9: "3,500 years later". Viewers: "what.'

I wonder if they can get Sean Bean for Leto I.

Alejandro Jodorowsky and David Lynch Present: Frank Herbert's Dune

Guest Starring Mick Jagger and Sting

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Was Vinyl terrible? I was gonna watch the first episode but was turned off by it's hour and a half run time as I didn't want to dedicate myself to it (even though I do with movies all the time).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
The brink was god awful. The comedy was straight out of the 90's