Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Magic Cata going from effectively +200% basic attack damage to +150%, and some of that got shifted to the full set bonus. And it gives some other pretty nice bonuses instead.

I'm gonna go ahead and say people aren't gonna feel the nerf too badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD
I am, in fact, obligated to make a Blood Mage. It's in my contract.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Black Balloon posted:

Magic Cata going from effectively +200% basic attack damage to +150%, and some of that got shifted to the full set bonus. And it gives some other pretty nice bonuses instead.

I'm gonna go ahead and say people aren't gonna feel the nerf too badly.

You're getting the math wrong. Current Cata gives +300% to basic attack, so you're doing 4x more damage. This is going from 400% down to 250% and with full set, it gives 20% more which brings it up to 300%.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Somefool posted:

You're getting the math wrong. Current Cata gives +300% to basic attack, so you're doing 4x more damage. This is going from 400% down to 250% and with full set, it gives 20% more which brings it up to 300%.

Current item is triple, according to the current language in the game. +200%.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Black Balloon posted:

Current item is triple, according to the current language in the game. +200%.

Don't believe in item descriptions unless you've tested the item out fully. I had people with Cata confirm it.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Yup, you win. Checked some videos to compare damage before/after the proc. Sick.

Edit: In my defense, that's not me getting math wrong :colbert:

Black Balloon fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jun 15, 2016

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Basically Cata is no longer a one epic wonder like it was before. If you want to get back to the old damage as close as possible, you have to go full Mana Vortex. So yeah, this nerf is pretty huge to the Cata users especially people who don't have full set.

Don't worry, level 90 epics will be the new power creep and a new type of stupid is bound to happen.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Nethertribes posted:

I am, in fact, obligated to make a Blood Mage. It's in my contract.

Enjoy your blood wizardry. Whenever this finally reaches us, we'll need to make a M. Mage levelling crew. I call being the dimension walker (I'm hoping for lots of teleportation gimmicks. Also, their portrait looks amusingly sleep deprived).

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Obligatum VII posted:

I call being the dimension walker

Not if I make one first!!!

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Dimension Walker looks like he has a little summon in that video, like one of those fairy things Miasma summons. Could be a necro-nicholas-like partner?

I'll probably make all three just to have them.

Raruna
Mar 30, 2010
I'm personally excited for Swift Master, and I hope you can fly around like the Witch, but even better.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

fool_of_sound posted:

Not if I make one first!!!

No, rude, you're going to be the boring wind man to go with your boring ice man. As is your nature. Stay away from my insomniac tele-wizard!

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Obligatum VII posted:

No, rude, you're going to be the boring wind man to go with your boring ice man. As is your nature. Stay away from my insomniac tele-wizard!

Ha! You always get online LATE in the day! YOU CAN'T STOP ME!

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008
Holy crap, they're actually doing something about Bug Mage.

Well, I have no idea if they'll actually fix the bugs, but the rework looks like it'll be nice.

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD

fool_of_sound posted:

Ha! You always get online LATE in the day! YOU CAN'T STOP ME!

Well I mean if he is the one that gets on LATE that makes him a sure fit for the insomniac-looking wizard.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

http://dfonexus.com/threads/official-server-seasonal-server-update-june-16.12017/

Looks like Neople is trying to bring back the old arcade feel of beat'em ups.

:getin:

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD

Somefool posted:

http://dfonexus.com/threads/official-server-seasonal-server-update-june-16.12017/

Looks like Neople is trying to bring back the old arcade feel of beat'em ups.

:getin:

The only gripe I have about the overcounter system is that as a 'zerk main goddamn it I want to keep my health low. Other than that holy poo poo arcade-style DFO sounds hella sweet.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Sounds hard.

Sounds like extremely my poo poo.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Warning: MASSIVE BALANCE JUST HIT TEST SERVERS IN KOREA

The whole Cata nerf also came with the entire nerf easy support classes in raid. This poo poo is massive including new skills, removing old skills, and overall giant changes.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Can't wait to hear how all of this means my nen conduit m.def shred is actually good now, somehow.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Biggest change right now is all flat defense reducing skills are all converted to percent based. Sader got hit with more nerfs to his buffing skills and they even nerfed his chron values too this time.

A lot of classes that have +stat buffs are changed to stats + skill damage. They're trying to shift support classes back to damage dealers.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Weakening crusader stat buff amounts and then removing all self stat buffs seems kind of counter productive.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Einwand posted:

Weakening crusader stat buff amounts and then removing all self stat buffs seems kind of counter productive.

It does, but it also means that amped gear matters even more with all this +skill damage and less stats

Anyway, check Nexus after several hours to read all the big changes.

edit: Tried the seasonal server thing a bit and I have to say, it makes the game entirely different and not in a good way. The game feels a lot slower since only counter attacks do damage. If you try to kill things the normal way, you're only going to do chip damage. For the most part, you're just dodging attacks until you see an opening to counter attack.

Everyone also gets a new ability which I can only describe as a 4 way Duck/Sway to avoid attacks. You can't take any hits in this mode. Even the weakest monsters will take off 25% of your HP per hit and bosses can outright kill you.

This is definitely different from speed rushing through scenario mode but I can see some classes being straight up not fun to play as in this mode.

Somefool fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Jun 15, 2016

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Somefool posted:

It does, but it also means that amped gear matters even more with all this +skill damage and less stats

edit: Tried the seasonal server thing a bit and I have to say, it makes the game entirely different and not in a good way. The game feels a lot slower since only counter attacks do damage. If you try to kill things the normal way, you're only going to do chip damage. For the most part, you're just dodging attacks until you see an opening to counter attack.

Everyone also gets a new ability which I can only describe as a 4 way Duck/Sway to avoid attacks. You can't take any hits in this mode. Even the weakest monsters will take off 25% of your HP per hit and bosses can outright kill you.

This is definitely different from speed rushing through scenario mode but I can see some classes being straight up not fun to play as in this mode.

Sounds super easy for ranged classes.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
:siren:The Big Patch notes have dropped:siren:

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

The summoner changes barely look like nerfs. Mark the target gets nerfed and you have to wait longer between using the 2wake summon skills, but that's hardly that much. As someone who doesn't use sacrifice, am I missing something there?

I guess we also lose most of Ancient Library since it's now a Witch class skill.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

you lose 100% uptime on zealous creature and eleburn is now max 5 for everyone but elementalist so it's just less damage in general

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

Somefool posted:

I dunno, seems many classes are reporting some big damage nerfs across the board, dust still has yet to settle though.

Edit: Ok, just what the hell is going on with this Soul Bender redesign

E-Tap fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jun 15, 2016

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Losing 100% uptime on Zealous Creature is actually a huge nerf because that Zealous gives not only a ton of Strength, Int, and all that stat jazz to your summons, but more importantly sets their AI to bum gently caress crazy mode. Add Lasher to that, and even the most passive summons (which IIRC are either Wisps or Naias') will rush the hell out of enemies.

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD
Not quite sure how to feel about the zerk changes for the most part. Except for the changes to Bloody Cross, holy poo poo I love that change. I actually gain a buffer range of health!

:laffo: at the Bloody Twister damage increase like anyone actually uses that as a damage skill.

RIP having Necromancy ruin damage analysis charts.

Arto Gand
Apr 7, 2009

Nethertribes posted:

RIP having Necromancy ruin damage analysis charts.

The second biggest shame of the notes. :negative:

The first being, it doesn't look like saders buffs are infinite.
And before fool_of_sound says anything, why dose Heaven's Harmony still increase the duration of Heaven's Melody if its suppose to be infinite.

Unless that's a typo in the patch notes.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Man, I'm really bummed out about Zealous actually. It's almost like it's back to how it was in 70 cap. For those who weren't around then, Zealous's uptime was impossible to make 100% back then, so you had the option of having it on half the dungeon and by the time it cooled off you had basically beaten the dungeon already so why even bother, or not using the skill at all and putting those points into more deserving stuff. Guess which one people usually chose?

I hate having almost useless 45 skills. Its as bad as Ele Bomber's Elemental Rain used to be, only it's a buff skill this time. At least the way it currently is, if they don't change it further in the test server of course, it's only around 10 seconds of downtime before you can cast it again, but still, it's a bummer.

EDIT: Although the Zealous nerf is disappointing, it's nowhere near as bad as the nerf to Elemental Burn. Like holy poo poo, if you're not an Elementalist I don't see why you should even bother anymore. The same for Ancient Library. Although with the SP you save from Burn and/or Library, you could possibly max either another T2 or Louise again, so that becomes an option.

Gologle fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jun 15, 2016

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Tbh I never used burn on my summoner just because it was a pain in the rear end on a class I play primarily because I don't have to do much to win with it. I only recently shuffled points around to use Ancient Library, and I only sometimes hosed with Zealous because really, I shred things easily enough as it is. I haven't done Anton so I haven't needed to get much more minmaxed than I already am.

Hell I didn't even get Mana Shield for a long time just because between Sandor drawing aggro and some careful avoidance I never got hit. I only bothered with it once I started seriously running OV semi-regularly.

It's me, I'm the bad mage.

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD

Arto Gand posted:

And before fool_of_sound says anything, why dose Heaven's Harmony still increase the duration of Heaven's Melody if its suppose to be infinite.

Unless that's a typo in the patch notes.

Heaven's Melody (and I guess all Sader buffs) aren't infinite because otherwise what point does Divine Flash have? Making DI do damage?

Arto Gand
Apr 7, 2009

Nethertribes posted:

Heaven's Melody (and I guess all Sader buffs) aren't infinite because otherwise what point does Divine Flash have? Making DI do damage?

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well Nether.
Well, time to keep practising my gear swapping.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
I didn't know what to expect with the next biggest patch but Luke going Senator Armstrong was not something I could have ever imagined.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Lunethex posted:

I didn't know what to expect with the next biggest patch but Luke going Senator Armstrong was not something I could have ever imagined.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Nethertribes posted:

Heaven's Melody (and I guess all Sader buffs) aren't infinite

THOSE SHITS

THOSE FUCKS

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
I haven't been playing this game at all lately, but figured I may as well run some dungeons to get invitations for the blind boutique.

I've done like 10 optimal dungeons on 3 different characters and have yet to see a single Siusha's Invitation drop. What the gently caress did they do to the drop rate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Shock Trooper posted:

I haven't been playing this game at all lately, but figured I may as well run some dungeons to get invitations for the blind boutique.

I've done like 10 optimal dungeons on 3 different characters and have yet to see a single Siusha's Invitation drop. What the gently caress did they do to the drop rate?

That's some extraordinarily bad luck. I get one every 6 or 7 runs or so.