Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Is it one code per Amazon account? Because I order poo poo on there for work all the time and would obviously have no use for any codes past the first one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

So like I have money, I see the mouse is on sale, see people talking down on it and just confused on computer tech. I'm using a USB packed in computer mouse that is vanillia as you can get and wireless HP keyboard which is getting kind of gunky. I like, the keyboards a bit of an issue but really I need to upgrade them with something but people are making these sound skeevy

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

drunk asian neighbor posted:

Is it one code per Amazon account? Because I order poo poo on there for work all the time and would obviously have no use for any codes past the first one.

Only says One code redeemed per customer, so I assume probably not, but the wording is rather vague.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

Potato Jones posted:

Why are you always so angry?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Guy's got no penis.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

You'd think he'd be more chill then.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

drunk asian neighbor posted:

I contacted amazon about it and according to them it is only one per account.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Can we talk about howthe casual community is ruining ffxiv?

Ok let me set the record straight I understand most of you have jobs, families etc etc. that's fine and this isn't about you at all. Your playing habits is yours and yours alone. I'm also a family man myself with a daughter and a wife. So i understand about time and what not.

This thread are for the babies who sit on reddit all drat day crying because they cant past NORMAL MODE NIDNOGG or Weeping city. Look just because you cant past the content doesn't mean it has to be nerfed. Why is it that when you die you automatically assume its the content's fault and not the user? Maybe its you that sucks. All im saying is as of right now if you cant get past NORMAL mode content then maybe find a different job class to play as. Dont ruin it for others

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Technogeek posted:

Ok let me set the record straight I understand most of you have jobs, families etc etc. that's fine and this isn't about you at all. Your playing habits is yours and yours alone. I'm also a family man myself with a daughter and a wife. So i understand about time and what not.

This thread are for the babies who sit on reddit all drat day crying because they cant past NORMAL MODE NIDNOGG or Weeping city. Look just because you cant past the content doesn't mean it has to be nerfed. Why is it that when you die you automatically assume its the content's fault and not the user? Maybe its you that sucks. All im saying is as of right now if you cant get past NORMAL mode content then maybe find a different job class to play as. Dont ruin it for others

Hmm. I wonder how much of the online complaining represents the community as a whole.

Personally I haven't experience much to complain about, but I've seen a increase in the complaints from other goons about the lovely players they've come across.

I did my second Weeping City this week, ran it with one full goon group and two other pubbie groups, with no wipes. Was very surprised, was expecting a shitshow.

e: full disclosure, I'm a ps3 player who plays a couple of hours a night casually, so I'm not without fault

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

u mad bro???

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

I'm a ps3 player

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

:grin: cater to my limits :grin:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

So the new relic step requires roughly 3 billion Eso tomes right? I'm still on the unidentifiable object step, but I'm probably better off using my Eso tomes to stock up on that new item instead of buying unidentifiable items, right?

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

You'll have time to get more afterwards since you need to go through the Crystal Tower raids 5 times for Aether Oil, unless you also buy some with Esoterics of course.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Mordiceius posted:

So the new relic step requires roughly 3 billion Eso tomes right? I'm still on the unidentifiable object step, but I'm probably better off using my Eso tomes to stock up on that new item instead of buying unidentifiable items, right?
If you have any access to beast tribe quests - including a crafter job at 50 to let you do Moogle quests, since they're actually one of the fastest sources - yes, definitely use eso to stock up on Umbrite rather than buying unid. If not, it's a lot closer, since you've got two grinds ahead of you competing for the same resource.

And either way you can start amassing Aether Oils now, since you don't have to have the relic quest advanced that far to do the weekly CT quest. So don't spend eso on those no matter what.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Hey guys, I have a 60 DRG/MNK (leveling DRK right now) on Hyperion and want to transfer to Excalibur. Any suggestions on Materia Vs or mats to buy due to the gil transfer limit?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

e: full disclosure, I'm a ps3 player who plays a couple of hours a night casually, so I'm not without fault

Impossible, I'm certain that the game simply trying to draw Ozma would be enough to brick a PS3.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Thundarr posted:

Impossible, I'm certain that the game simply trying to draw Ozma would be enough to brick a PS3.

I've done a full Weeping City clear with no wipes :aaa: It's the little console that could

vvvvv I got a SSD, maybe Ozma kills HDDs vvvvv

BetterToRuleInHell fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jun 15, 2016

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Thundarr posted:

Ozma overheated our Tank's ps4 last night, causing quite a bit of fun.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
The game's DX11 client used to overheat my gtx 970 all the time. Even the DX9 would in reflection-heavy areas.

Turns out the stupid card capped its fan speed at 20%. I'm running msi afterburner now, and I can enjoy the game in all its DX11 glory. This is literally the only game I play that would tax the card to that extent.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Speaking of Weeping City, I had a lower ilvl DRG in my party who was competent (did her full rotation/didn't eat AOEs). Calo dropped the maiming chest and I told her she could have it. She hit pass by accident and it hit the floor. :downs:

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Technogeek posted:

They've edited their post since then, too. Trying to differentiate between "casual" and "bad" after getting called out by... everyone. :allears:

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Tekne posted:

Hey guys, I have a 60 DRG/MNK (leveling DRK right now) on Hyperion and want to transfer to Excalibur. Any suggestions on Materia Vs or mats to buy due to the gil transfer limit?

Strength V 170k
Vit V 90k
Dex V 90k
Int V 50K
mind: 100k
piety: 130k
heaven's eye 650k
savage aim 500k
savage might 450k not a lot available
competence 700k
cunning 300k
command 1m
quickarm 250k
quicktounge 300k

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

LethalGeek posted:

Strength V 170k
Vit V 90k
Dex V 90k
Int V 50K
mind: 100k
piety: 130k
heaven's eye 650k
savage aim 500k
savage might 450k not a lot available
competence 700k
cunning 300k
command 1m
quickarm 250k
quicktounge 300k
Thanks a bunch. I only have 800k over limit, but I could make a nice little profit with those prices.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I can't wait for Christmas so I can cozy up by the fire with a nice glass of nidnogg

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
What's supposed to be the preferred tanking position on Ozma? Both my clears the tanks fought on the left side of the platform so someone could run off to the right and eat orbs. I just had a Weep City this morning and the tank refused to tank on left and said every tank he saw does right and refused to move even when it became clear orbs were hitting half our party.

Was he just a poo poo tank? (My guess) or is that indeed becoming the preferred side because if so, seems a lot shittier to me.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Oh cool you have to add all the promo item codes seperate on Mognet :unsmigghh:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The Black Stones posted:

What's supposed to be the preferred tanking position on Ozma? Both my clears the tanks fought on the left side of the platform so someone could run off to the right and eat orbs. I just had a Weep City this morning and the tank refused to tank on left and said every tank he saw does right and refused to move even when it became clear orbs were hitting half our party.

Was he just a poo poo tank? (My guess) or is that indeed becoming the preferred side because if so, seems a lot shittier to me.

What does the tank's positioning have to do with where someone grabs orbs? They can stand anywhere except directly behind the tank.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

The Black Stones posted:

No clue what orbs have to do with tanking, the only thing people have to worry about is not standing with/behind tanks.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Orbs can get eaten wherever by literally anyone (since they do 60% of your max HP in damage and don't respect mitigation) and lasers aim at the tank so just let the tank pick a side and go wherever they aren't. I am kinda confused why this is a thing? Is the rectangle area not symmetrical and I never noticed or something?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Orbs can get eaten wherever by literally anyone (since they do 60% of your max HP in damage and don't respect mitigation) and lasers aim at the tank so just let the tank pick a side and go wherever they aren't. I am kinda confused why this is a thing? Is the rectangle area not symmetrical and I never noticed or something?

It's the BONE ZONE all over again. People don't do mechanics properly so they blame some cargo cult nonsense about tank positioning.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I would, but half the party was getting blown up because they weren't up at the very front and the orb was getting eaten by half the part because they would sit around the middle with person who got hit. Generally when the Tank pulls laser to the left, you can just have one person sit slightly outside the platform and get hit by orbs and not worry about the rest of the party not knowing that they should move.

You can do it anywhere, but considering that I still see party members not realize that if Ozma = Square run forward and not off to the sides. Expecting my other party members to be where orbs isn't a thing i trust. I just found it a lot easier to have tank on the left. Guess I can expect that it's going to be a crapshoot if my party can compensate or not.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Tekne posted:

Thanks a bunch. I only have 800k over limit, but I could make a nice little profit with those prices.

i deleted a line all the gatherer stuff is 450k and low dont remember what savage might was

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Oh cool you have to add all the promo item codes seperate on Mognet :unsmigghh:

And you have to copy-paste the codes over in 4-character chunks, because who the hell ever heard of input validation?

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

I put the catgirl in my profile and FFGoons can't find her. :negative:

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

SwissArmyDruid posted:

And you have to copy-paste the codes over in 4-character chunks, because who the hell ever heard of input validation?
if you are a true gamer and not some kind of pleb you should have the APM to type them in

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

My highlady is Diana Redclaw if that helps.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Lemon-Lime posted:

(I can't art so not mine, sadly.)

but i dont need another 12 items i cant put in my loving armoire and idc about mounts because basically everything except the basic chocobo is hideous and doesn't fit in the game. and then even then there are tonnes of ugly bardings for the horsebird D:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

zolthorg posted:

but i dont need another 12 items i cant put in my loving armoire and idc about mounts because basically everything except the basic chocobo is hideous and doesn't fit in the game. and then even then there are tonnes of ugly bardings for the horsebird D:

Source your quotes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If your warrior isn't an axemaid right now I don't know what to say

• Locked thread