Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

zolthorg posted:

but i dont need another 12 items i cant put in my loving armoire and idc about mounts because basically everything except the basic chocobo is hideous and doesn't fit in the game. and then even then there are tonnes of ugly bardings for the horsebird D:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Tekne posted:

I put the catgirl in my profile and FFGoons can't find her. :negative:

The autoauth is still being unfucked as we speak. I'll check in tomorrow to see if it's been fixed and if not, I'll poke Boten about it.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Oh cool you have to add all the promo item codes seperate on Mognet :unsmigghh:

SwissArmyDruid posted:

And you have to copy-paste the codes over in 4-character chunks, because who the hell ever heard of input validation?

Yeah, this whole Amazon promotion is so very Square Enix: half-assed, poorly explained, and unnecessarily difficult for no real reason.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Since SE is a bunch of cishet normie scum and I don't plan on Fantasia-ing anytime soon here;s my code for the Maid outfit:

CLAIMED SORRY GUYS

Post if you use it so I can edit it out so nobody has to manually enter the code in 4-letter chunks only to find it's been claimed.

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jun 16, 2016

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Kwyndig posted:

Source your quotes.

idk what to tell you. i only use my gobbue, ahriman, and unicorn ironically and if i mountroulette into the behemoth thing i accidentally used i have to remount.

even the magitek armor is absurd in 90% of cases unless the zone justifies it.

I would prefer everyone had to ride their chocobos because even with the ugly bardings its still a chocobo

fat birb is a precious gay baby but the primary issue is that big mounts look terrible for lalafells
it was less of an issue back in the day with my computer when i wasnt playing on a ps4 so maybe its just the trash resolution everything goes to when you zoom out on ps4

zolthorg fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jun 15, 2016

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

zolthorg posted:

idk what to tell you. i only use my gobbue, ahriman, and unicorn ironically and if i mountroulette into the behemoth thing i accidentally used i have to remount.

I would prefer everyone had to ride their chocobos because even with the ugly bardings its still a chocobo

fat birb is a precious gay baby but the primary issue is that big mounts look terrible for lalafells
it was less of an issue back in the day with my computer when i wasnt playing on a ps4 so maybe its just the trash resolution everything goes to when you zoom out on ps4

You have poo poo opinions wrt mounts.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Verranicus posted:

You have poo poo opinions wrt mounts.

how many of those ugly glowbirds do you have

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

drunk asian neighbor posted:

Since SE is a bunch of cishet normie scum and I don't plan on Fantasia-ing anytime soon here;s my code for the Maid outfit:

FAJU JA8S 8ZM8 VRH9 NRJ4

Post if you use it so I can edit it out so nobody has to manually enter the code in 4-letter chunks only to find it's been claimed.

Claimed, thank you!

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]
It's true, magitek armor has no place in a final fantasy game.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

zolthorg posted:

You are incredibly, mindbogglingly bad at opinions

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

zolthorg posted:

how many of those ugly glowbirds do you have

None, drat it :sigh:

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

cheetah7071 posted:

If your warrior isn't an axemaid right now I don't know what to say

I disagree.

Niton fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jun 16, 2016

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Actually, if orbs just do % based damage, shouldn't the squishiest DPS eat them? Less damage for the healer to have to heal, plus loving it up means you won't have a dead tank.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Ugly John posted:

VI is my favourite one and you dont get to use the Magitek Armor outside of "Quests and Instances" there so

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

vOv posted:

Actually, if orbs just do % based damage, shouldn't the squishiest DPS eat them? Less damage for the healer to have to heal, plus loving it up means you won't have a dead tank.

You are having tanks eat them?! That's a job for a healer.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

I want a fat draught chocobo.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

zolthorg posted:

Do you play on Balmung.
You sound like someone who plays on Balmung.
Also if you only like riding the chocobo why do you even use mount roulette.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Ugly John posted:

Especially when you submit it to the hot tv show 'Bling My Ride' and get it back gold plated. It's so out of place it's perfectly in line with the game!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Niton posted:

I disagree.

I don't know what to say

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

vOv posted:

DPS should be dpsing. Healers are almost always the best people to deal with that sort of mechanic, because they have to heal the damage anyway. It's annoying to have to deal with unexpected, random damage spikes from dps or tanks trying to be the hero.

Also tanks should never move during that phase anyway.

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jun 16, 2016

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Plus, as a healer I can time heals neatly, while others will often feel like they should rush through that poo poo fast so they can ~keep up the deeps~ and eat up a bunch poo poo per second and make me waste a bunch of aetherflow stacks so they don't die to the next otherwise harmless mechanic.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

EponymousMrYar posted:

Especially when you submit it to the hot tv show 'Bling My Ride' and get it back gold plated. It's so out of place it's perfectly in line with the game!

I mean, why would they even bother writing in a rational explanation, really. :shrug:

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jun 16, 2016

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I mean, why would they even bother writing in a rational explanation, really. :shrug:

:thejoke:

As a Slayers fan I am quite familiar with gold and gold-like substance's property to make magic not work.
Ever since they added the ff6 remix to it the gold magitek mount has been my favorite.

Edit:

vOv posted:

Additionally, if orbs move 90 degrees from where they spawn, they do a huge explosion that hurts and sticks vuln up on everyone. Found that out when an alliance had to let one go because they had 3 spawn and were recovering from too much other stuff to deal with all of them.

EponymousMrYar fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jun 16, 2016

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I was yes and-ing you. =P

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Truly we have built atop our sarcasm so much that we have constructed another Tower of Babil and fell victim to it's language-changing hubris.

At least it's not another world-ending giant.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

zolthorg posted:

but i dont need another 12 items i cant put in my loving armoire and idc about mounts because basically everything except the basic chocobo is hideous and doesn't fit in the game.

I am going to join a jet squadron of the Yokai Watch mount when it releases just to spite you

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Thanks for all the help. Got into PBC and was able to make a nice profit off the materia Vs. Now I just need to get my horde spear.

Gizmo Chicken
Feb 17, 2011

Yep.
They're doing Deep Dungeon stuff on the E3 stream.
https://www.twitch.tv/squareenix

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
fanfest tickets go on sale june 21st for na fanfest

YamataNoOrochi
Oct 24, 2005

sword_man.gif posted:

fanfest tickets go on sale june 21st for na fanfest

You need to have had an active account at some point in May or early June (6th is the cutoff) and you'll get a presale code to allow you to order them. Codes go out tonight to the email address tied to your account, sale starts on the 21st at 12:00PM PDT. Max 4 per person.

Cost wasn't discussed, the email with the code will probably say. They said the fanfest site will be updating shortly with details as well.

EDIT: And site is updated: http://ffxiv-fanfest.com/na/

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
it's $135 a person

just hoping i can get one

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

zolthorg posted:

It's like if Stux played FF14 except Stux was occasionally entertaining.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

ilifinicus posted:

maybe if they could stop being such a major loving clown show when it came to doing stuff outside of their own borders

it's like they're pretending people outside japan can't tell that they're doing so much more cool poo poo in-country

You should look at mobile gaming for Japan vs Global in terms of freebies, just try not to have an aneurysm.

Also US Fanfest attendees get a Rikku minion who EU has to settle for Yuna. Japan gets Lulu :lol:

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

FFXV super secret glamours confirmed from the letter? I THINK SO

Also I love how like 80% of the questions for the 3.3 section were for Balmung players only.

WE WANT A STAGE TO ERP ON.

WE WANT AN ICON TO ERP WITH.

WE WAN-:commissar:

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

as a whm how do i not let my tank eat poo poo after hell wind? I've been trying to mitigate the damage by applying stoneskin during the cast but it's still like 50/50 if they go down before my post-hellfart assize.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

staplegun posted:

as a whm how do i not let my tank eat poo poo after hell wind? I've been trying to mitigate the damage by applying stoneskin during the cast but it's still like 50/50 if they go down before my post-hellfart assize.
Hellwind is an HP to 1 mechanic, it laughs in the face of stoneskin. Prep a heal (or use bene, tetregammaton, swiftcasted cure 2 etc.) to go off as soon as possible after it lands though I'm pretty sure he always casts necropurge or something else afterwards to give you enough time to heal.

Usually if someone dies it's because they've got a debuff on them or healers were too slow to toss out some AoE's.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Am I doing this right?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Butler Attire

A butler-inspired outfit designed to be worn by male characters.
DLC code: FAPU 55XN 75B4 2AF5 V2ZJ

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The maid outfit with Nexus kettle fists is correct and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Deep Dungeon seems A++

• Locked thread