Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I'm a subject matter expert about turning things off and on again AMA

butt edit: never turned a girl back on after turning her off sooooooo don't ask me 'bout that stuff

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

MurderBot posted:

I'm a subject matter expert about sticking tubes in people's orifices AMA

butt edit: never stuck anything up anyone's butt minus a rectal thermometer sooooooo don't ask me 'bout that stuff

never did a DRE? for shame

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Ok I know what an ATM is but what's a DRE?

Dong Quixote
Oct 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

LingcodKilla posted:

Digital rectal exam. I'm the SME on butt stuff.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Disimpacted a few bowels which I suppose is the same thing.

I got paid to do it so you know not ashamed

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

MurderBot posted:

Whore should feel shame

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Whore should feel shame

Gotta put beer on the table somehow

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

MurderBot posted:

So is it like a shotgun once you clear the obstruction?

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Nah usually you dislodge a lot of what is causing the block and then use an enema. Then gravity does the rest and most people can make it to a bedside commode or e.r bathroom.

I assisted one of my fellow co nurses with an autistic older adult who ate a ridiculous amount of cheese and peanut butter and after she administered the enema the dude buckshot shotgun poo poo all over her.

I laughed she didn't

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007
waitwaitwait, define 'ridiculous amount' of cheese and peanut butter.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Like an entire brick of velveta cheese and a package of string cheese and a jar of peanut butter over 2 days?

Nice and hot piss fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jun 15, 2016

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

CHILD RAPE IS FINE WHEN I LIKE THE RAPIST

MurderBot posted:

Like an entire brick of velveta cheese and a package of string cheese and a jar of peanut butter over 2 days?

Which forum did he moderate? D&D?

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

He lived in an adult assisted living due to severe developmental delays. Pretty sure he would have eaten the core rulebook and D20 dice

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

MurderBot posted:

Don't act like you've never monstered a whole jar in a couple days like a fatass.

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

Don't act like you've never monstered a whole jar in a couple days like a fatass.

Right? This guy knows what's up.

Except more the brick of cheese than the peanut butter.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
just lol if you can't destroy an entire block of cheese in one go and still poo poo like a normal human being.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

His g.i system was also a bit "slow" I suppose

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

MurderBot posted:

I laughed she didn't

Title of my new book

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

ButtDoktor posted:

I'm never going to be able to listen to The Chronic again.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

MurderBot posted:

I laughed she didn't

Did any get in your mouth

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

ButtDoktor posted:

basically finger up the butt. happened whenever someone came in with heatstroke/dehydration in iraq

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

LingcodKilla posted:

This motherfucker right here forgot.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

So implied consent means you can do stuff to me if I'm passed out and can't ask me, but if it's not medically related it's sexual assault. What's the difference? Cause I touch my wife's butt when she is sleeping.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Soulex posted:

So implied consent means you can do stuff to me if I'm passed out and can't ask me, but if it's not medically related it's sexual assault. What's the difference? Cause I touch my wife's butt when she is sleeping.

Pretty much, it has to meet some form of medical necessity and be within the bounds of standard practice based on the persons condition.

So if you fall the gently caress out of a hike and you're near death I can strip you naked, throw a rectal thermometer in your rear end, cover you in ice, stick tubes wherever I need to and keep you alive.

But if you're a hot as gently caress chick that passes out in a grocery store, there would be foul play if I got you naked as hell and started doing pelvic examinations and butt stuff to you, breast exams and whatnot because you were drunk or whatever.

Nice and hot piss fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jun 15, 2016

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
I suppose it's a reasonable conclusion to assume someone wants to keep living.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Can someone explain that to the VA?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Godholio posted:

Can someone explain that to the VA?

Their automated phone tree message system always just dumps me to a dialtone. I'll pass it along at the first opportunity though

TheAlphaChaser
May 12, 2013
I have cleared CIF in one run. Hail Satan.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

TheAlphaChaser posted:

I have cleared CIF in one run. Hail Satan.

You should make sure there's none left on your chin.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Beach Bum posted:

I suppose it's a reasonable conclusion to assume someone wants to keep living.

Yep. the law's kinda odd in that situation, so if you're having a tough time breathing and I'm like "bro u need to go to the hospital" but you are steadfast and refuse all care, but are of right sound and mind I cannot physically give you medical treatment.

But thanks to implied consent, once you have an altered level of consciousness I am now capable of making all decisions for you unless you have legal documentation *DNR* that you don't want to be saved, regardless if you said that you didn't want help 30 seconds ago.

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007
Is that only for trained/certified medical personnel or for anyone?

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

hogmartin posted:

Is that only for trained/certified medical personnel or for anyone?

Good samaritan laws protect individuals for helping those in need, so doing CPR or pulling someone out of the middle of the road and doing basic life support will cover you. Basic layman type medical poo poo.

Going macguyver and making a chest tube out of a pen, a knife and some bubble gum will probably get you sued most likely.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

MurderBot posted:

Good samaritan laws protect individuals for helping those in need, so doing CPR or pulling someone out of the middle of the road and doing basic life support will cover you. Basic layman type medical poo poo.

Meh, its been hit or miss depending on the state.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

MurderBot posted:

Going macguyver and making a chest tube out of a pen, a knife and some bubble gum will probably get you sued most likely.

A friend was at a lake once and some guy was "helping" an old lady that was unconscious or something and decided she needed a tracheotomy, so he was running around asking everyone for a pen to do it with. Not sure how it all turned out but I think I can make a pretty good guess.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
was your buddy a medic or just some guy with a CLS course?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

In middle school there was a substitute teacher who was either a ww2 or korean war vet. All he did was tell war stories when he subbed. One story I remember is he had just had a cpr class and was bored so they found a drunk guy in the ditch and decided to practice on him and ended up breaking the guys ribs

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
I've been told that's common anyways during CPR, especially with older people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

lightpole posted:

I've been told that's common anyways during CPR, especially with older people?

yeah but the guy didn't need it he was just drunk