Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teraflame
Jan 7, 2009
Is DQVII one of those SE games that don't have any 3D effects at all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

8-bit Miniboss posted:

RIP that rumor. They didn't even bring up a date.

Edit: Wario64 says 9/16:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/743191138245345280

The Nintendo site has a page up with the date, just in case people doubted that: http://e3.nintendo.com/games/dragon-quest-vii-3ds

(That is in fact what that tweet is a screenshot of.)

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

I was honestly expecting some trash like Waluigi RPG: Still not the snes or paper game you want

but Ever Oasis looks like some designed content (not Fantasy Life which continues to be garbage) with an actual game that feels like a Mana game at least from its short trailer

radical

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Spellman posted:

No adult actually has a friend with a 3DS. Something we all have to accept

I am an adult and have 4 close friends with 3DSes, and a couple more casual acquaintances with them.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

jivjov posted:

I am an adult and have 4 close friends with 3DSes, and a couple more casual acquaintances with them.

Do you comprehend sarcasm

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

jivjov posted:

Those 4 friends are all imaginary aren't they

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

we did it reddit

quote:

According to Square Enix, since Dragon Quest VII is so text-heavy, they felt that localizing it would be way too much trouble for what it was worth, so they didn’t even consider bringing it overseas at first.

However, there was a lot of strong feedback from fans, especially a group of core players from France, that continuously sent letters to Square Enix and Nintendo, asking for a localization for the West. They also saw how many people wanted the game from the petitions that were out there over the years.

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/06/15/dragon-quest-vii-getting-localized-thanks-voices-western-fans/

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Thanks France

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I was going to make a bad joke about cheese and lack of bathing, but people in France are really, really hardcore about anything Akira Toriyama, so uh, thanks France.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Those people should do the same thing so we could get Rocket Slime 3DS.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

zolthorg posted:

I was honestly expecting some trash like Waluigi RPG
Please

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Do people still need to know about system transfers in the thread title? Serious question.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Do people still need to know about system transfers in the thread title? Serious question.

Perhaps not (we have been telling people about system transfers for like five years now), but they need to be aware to practice screwing before switching their backplate/SD card. Who knows what could go wrong.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
I want to say I saw someone asking if they just need to copy their SD card over like a week or two ago.

absolutely anything fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jun 15, 2016

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

You know the minute you remove it, the thread will be flooded with questions about it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Maybe the title should just be "New Nintendo 3DS Chat: You are probably going to break it"

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

Maybe the title should just be "New Nintendo 3DS Chat: You are probably going to break it"

No, that's the homebrew thread title.

Also, people do still regularly ask about system transfers.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
New Nintendo 3DS chat: not actually that new

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Jesus, I just remembered AA6 releases in September as well as DQ7.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lemon-Lime posted:

No, that's the homebrew thread title.

Also, people do still regularly ask about system transfers.
I'll leave it then. Thanks everyone.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I've come to hate the stick and nub in the n3DS.
Why oh why would they make them slippery??

Does anyone have experience installing replacements? I know there is the PSP button for the nub that people seem to like but replacing the main stick with one that has actual ridges seems to be more complicated.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

I've come to hate the stick and nub in the n3DS.
Why oh why would they make them slippery??

Does anyone have experience installing replacements? I know there is the PSP button for the nub that people seem to like but replacing the main stick with one that has actual ridges seems to be more complicated.

The PSP joystick cap replacement is literally ripping the horrible rubber nub out and pushing the PSP cap in until it holds in place. It's literally impossible for this procedure to be less complicated.

Make sure you get a PSP-1000 cap.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

system transferring is an obtuse process if you want to do it properly where you take your bigger sd card from your old 3ds or independant purchase and use it with your old digital purchases in a new 3ds that has a digital game preinstalled which tonnes of the bundles do

so yes

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Apparently you can get the Monster Hunter Generations demo right now if you pay $4 or more for the E3 Humble Bundle digital ticket. The problem is, that $4 gets you a whole bunch of worthless poo poo, except a month of Twitch turbo and 3 months of Xsplit premium. So if you use either of those services, I guess it's worth it. Otherwise, the demo comes out June 30th.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
For those of us who don't want to rip & tear their 3DS's huge guts:

Would it be insane to just stick a couple tiny circles of skateboard grip-tape to the analog stick and c-nub? Would that be way too rough for constant thumb contact?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

deadly_pudding posted:

Would it be insane to just stick a couple tiny circles of skateboard grip-tape to the analog stick and c-nub? Would that be way too rough for constant thumb contact?

There are a lot of insane people who have done things to the analog stick and c-stick. Grip tape is nothing, but I'd probably get something a little bit softer. I'd imagine that rub your thumb raw.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

FactsAreUseless posted:

Why not just leave the info in the OP and then everyone can say "read the OP" whenever it comes up.

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jun 15, 2016

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

You didn't read the OP, did you renowned bad poster Waltzing Along?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

enojy posted:

Apparently you can get the Monster Hunter Generations demo right now if you pay $4 or more for the E3 Humble Bundle digital ticket. The problem is, that $4 gets you a whole bunch of worthless poo poo, except a month of Twitch turbo and 3 months of Xsplit premium. So if you use either of those services, I guess it's worth it. Otherwise, the demo comes out June 30th.

Yeahhh... it's not worth $4 to get a demo 2 weeks early imo. At least for me, what I can learn from the demo, which is the timing for Adept Guard on the gunlance, is the same as I'll be able to learn from like 1 or 2 quests in the actual game. According to what I've seen from Gaijinhunter, it's way less fiddly than Guard-Pointing with the Charge Blade ever was.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Among all the crap that Humble Bundle comes with, there's a Steam code for Grey Goo which, in spite of its terrible name, is the spiritual successor to the old Command & Conquer games (made by the same people). If you are into that, you should get it.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
If I weren't already getting #FE next week I'd consider picking up the bundle for Grey Goo and MonHun and the Payday masks, but even that's really loving stretching.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

If you're in Europe you can download the Monster Hunter demo here.

teraflame
Jan 7, 2009

deadly_pudding posted:

Installing the psp nub is easy, and you just need to pull the c-nub out.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Sodium Chloride posted:

If you're in Europe you can download the Monster Hunter demo here.

Nice. It took me a while to get the login part working, I guess the site's being hammered, but otherwise it worked fine.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

less laughter posted:

Those 4 friends are all imaginary aren't they

3 of them live in the same house as me (one of those is my wife), and the 4th is my boss.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Invite me over, I need streetpass hits for Flower Town

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Rhythm heaven megamix is next up on Treehouse

Dr Cheeto posted:

Invite me over, I need streetpass hits for Flower Town

If you find yourself in the Kansas City area, I'd be up for a goonmeet.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Rhythm Heaven is actually stealth releasing TODAY in NA! Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-4YoppQ6NM

Europe probably got forgotten as per usual.

edit: $29.99, demo available, digital only.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jun 16, 2016

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

That's really awesome and makes up for the mostly meh second day.

Anyone that doesn't get that game at that price is a dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spellman
May 31, 2011

It's been too long, Rhythm Heaven...