Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Android Bicyclist posted:

Speaking of mods, I noticed some of them have different signifier symbols in the upper left.

When did this come about, and what do the other mods have?

I have a pill because I'm a party guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I have a pill because I'm a party guy

I thought you have that because you're one of those red pill MRA's.

Or a member of The Capsules biker gang.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

I thought you have that because you're one of those red pill MRA's.

Or a member of The Capsules biker gang.

I'm most definitely not either of those things

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

I thought IK was Internet Knight

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
That was Ralp's custom mod label at some point, i think?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Whatever happened to Porklift? Did we ever get to find out what exactly a Moperator was?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

When did this come about, and what do the other mods have?

(a) a while ago
(b) detectivemonkey has the comedy/tragedy masks, crazylittle has a wifi icon, fluffieduckie has a duckling, absurdalhazred has a star of david, intruder has a baseball, ettin has a d20 etc and so forth. AA got his first and after that Pandora's box got opened a bunch of mods requested them (zdr's a hero).

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Morningview got stuck with a hawkeye

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

AdorableStar posted:

I thought IK was Internet Knight

That's because it's only Idiot King in FYAD.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Marta Velasquez posted:

That's because it's only Idiot King in FYAD.

Not anymore. I was asked specifically to be Idiot King of Take a Hike.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Dessert Rose posted:

I've seen a couple instances of it fairly recently, and the effect is more severe now (flips the post upside down), so it's not gone.

Got a link? I'd love to see these

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'd assume it's in D&D.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

:their:

Lord Psychodin
Jun 16, 2007
Lord of the fools

:dukedog:
College Slice

Dessert Rose posted:

I've seen a couple instances of it fairly recently, and the effect is more severe now (flips the post upside down), so it's not gone.
Wha? Is there a link to someone who has this? I have to see this.

crusty
Apr 16, 2015

Crustacean
No explanation needed for what this means:

:yikes:

But it's great and I'd love to know who created it and when it was first used?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
the gently caress is
:itoilet:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
:eyepoop:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Someone made a typo trying to use eyepop, and another poster thought it was funny enough to turn into a smiley.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Someone made a typo trying to use eyepop, and another poster thought it was funny enough to turn into a smiley.

:coal: story

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
:mome: :chome: :mome:

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

lomarf

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

awoken in control of a lucid deep dream...

Lord Psychodin posted:

Wha? Is there a link to someone who has this? I have to see this.

I don't feel like digging a hundred pages back or so in the secfuck thread in yospos, but that's where it was. You'll know when you see it, the posts are huge.

Also it doesn't work on awful.app, only on a browser.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

fool_of_sound posted:

It's gone and the mods intentionally removed all the remaining instances they could find.

Not all

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

Dessert Rose posted:

I don't feel like digging a hundred pages back or so in the secfuck thread in yospos, but that's where it was. You'll know when you see it, the posts are huge.

Also it doesn't work on awful.app, only on a browser.

There was somebody not too long ago in the YOSPOS cat thread, but when I went back to check, the cancer was gone. It was brilliant, too, because it was a pretty solid chunk of text, completely upside-down and faded. Removing it seems to remove it for all past posts as well then, I guess. :saddowns:

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

I found a user with forums cancer that's still here in this thread I have bookmarked.

Not telling anyone where

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Forums Cancer just seems like a stupid idea because it punishes everyone else by making the forums harder to read.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Guy Mann posted:

Forums Cancer just seems like a stupid idea because it punishes everyone else by making the forums harder to read.

It was unleashed in LF and I think YCS back before they were totally purged so really the only people that were affected were the people there. If you were silly enough to get into a GBS slapfight with someone with it you could get it.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

What is forums cancer?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

EmmyOk posted:

What is forums cancer?

Your avatar turns into a picture of a kid with cancer and your posts get an annoying style applied to them (originally it faded the text, now it flips it upside down).

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

haveblue posted:

Your avatar turns into a picture of a kid with cancer and your posts get an annoying style applied to them (originally it faded the text, now it flips it upside down).

It also sets your postcount to zero, for whatever that's worth.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Solice Kirsk posted:

It was unleashed in LF and I think YCS back before they were totally purged so really the only people that were affected were the people there. If you were silly enough to get into a GBS slapfight with someone with it you could get it.

IIRC it also affected FYAD and YOSPOS, yes? I thought it was all FYAD/FYAD-lites.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

quiggy posted:

IIRC it also affected FYAD and YOSPOS, yes? I thought it was all FYAD/FYAD-lites.

According to the SAclopedia, it affected posters LF, BYOB, YCS, and maybe YOSPOS, but not FYAD.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Yospos was unaffected, bitch

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014
This post still shows somebody with forums cancer, unless somebody goes and fixes it in the meantime: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3263403&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=3#post372143155

And a screenshot:

The poster has 2 posts, one in YOSPOS and one in Ask/Tell, so that seems like an achievement.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I still don't know what :itoilet: is supposed to express

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Acne Rain posted:

It's a toilet :)

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Acne Rain posted: