Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

MrSargent posted:

I think its really dumb comparing these two players as rookies. Some players take more time to develop and settle in than others. Brown had Mike Wallace, Hines Ward, and Heath Miller ahead of him when he came in as a rookie. ODB had 0 competition. I'm not going to go into more because the situations are completely different and comparing them is dumb because it has little to no bearing on where they are at now in their careers. You are right that I didn't account for ODB playing less games than Brown when comparing Touchdowns. The difference still wasn't enough to make up for the catches/yards that Brown gets. Essentially what you are doing is banking that the next year will be a huge step forward for ODB because that is the only way he can match Brown's current production, which I don't think has seen its peak yet. Antonio Brown is already a fantasy god (20 points/game average last year) and has been for the last 2 seasons.
I thought I made that pretty clear in my post. I think ODB's start to his career is historically good and that he is not yet a finished product. As such, I believe that going forward, he is capable of matching or besting Brown's PPG numbers, with a big help coming from the fact that he scores TDs at a fantastic rate.

I don't have any specific hate for Antonio Brown. But it's REALLY hard to three-peat as WR1. Kings can't reign forever. Fantasy football is just a little too chaotic like that. The biggest difference maker is usually injuries though and it wouldn't surprise if the Steelers got bit by that bug again. There's a legitimate risk at the QB position with Big Ben getting beat up all the time. And Brown's own workload gets him hit plenty by defenders. After a few years of that, poo poo can start to takes its toll. Calvin was a big boy but the game still took it out on him. Brown is a lot smaller than most WR1 archetypes and while it hasn't slowed him down yet, it's still a concern to me. Especially if the Bengals keep head-hunting. But that's awful tempting, since all you have to do is take Brown out of the picture and the Steelers offense changes dramatically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
If you want to talk about theoretical injury risk wouldn't you be more worried about the guy who missed multiple games with chronic hamstring issues?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Same with OBJ being similar non-prototypical-WR1 size as Brown, and also being similarly at risk for regression from the viewpoint of being historically good the past two years, and also being the clear focal point for the offense if another team wants to target him. Not much to argue for OBJ over Brown in that paragraph.

Beckham's probably more of a risk for suspension due to getting wound up on the field and doing something stupid, too!

sourdough fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jun 15, 2016

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Hi fellas the last 30 posts is why I love you all. You're not morons and can actually debate this poo poo intelligently.

A Quality Start for each of you.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Spoeank posted:

Hi fellas the last 30 posts is why I love you all. You're not morons and can actually debate this poo poo intelligently.

I argued vociferously that OBJ wasn't a good first round pick last year.

:negative:

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
I can't wait to watch OBJ melt down against Josh Norman twice a year.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Forever_Peace posted:

I argued vociferously that OBJ wasn't a good first round pick last year.

I know you know it, but don't be results oriented. He was a very risky first round pick.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Spoeank posted:

Adding A Quality Start for everyone to the spreadsheet.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
We should use the master class point system from "Searching for Bobby Fischer". We could probably even get Ben Kingsley to do little youtube presentations to the players for cheap because he's made it abundantly clear he'll do anything for money.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spoeank posted:

A Quality Start

Still hilarious

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
So when are we having the TAQ fantasy draft Spoeank vs. BFTBG vs. FHP for 1.1 will be the argument that tears us apart

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
What happened to Frank's Happy Place, anyway? This thread is sorely lacking in hot Charles Sims takes.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Metapod posted:

Have you forgotten about green or not high on him?

Sort of. He's still hurt, and when he's better, I'm not convinced he's going to get the favoritism that Heath Miller enjoyed, from Big Ben. Green's a skilled TE I guess, but he's only managed one season (in four career seasons) of 16 full games.

Of course, in San Diego he's been living in the shadow of a true great. So maybe he's absorbed all of Antonio Gates' knowledge and power and is going to be the next Gronk, I don't know. I definitely should have thought about him more.

I guess due to opportunity I'd put Green in my top ten TE prospects for Fantasy, but that means he's still relegated to like a round 7+ pick in 10 team standard.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Green has talent, and he has opportunity, which when combined together are big pluses in my book. He may be running less deep seam routes than he did in San Diego, but Big Ben could always use a safety valve and Green is easily the best TE he's had since Heath started to decline. I think he'll be a fine PPR asset, even if the yards aren't always there.

E: You see, thread, I'm not negative all the time, even though it might seem like I am.

Benne fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jun 16, 2016

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Benne posted:

E: You see, thread, I'm not negative all the time, even though it might seem like I am.

We clearly need more negativity here.

Thread: Which of these TEs should I pick up as a flyer as I find myself with only one 31 year old in my dynasty league and only Temarrick Hemmnigway and MyCole Pruitt on my taxi squad :rip:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

That sure is a lot of TE2s. I dunno. maybe Brent Celek? He's 31.
Luke Willson is right behind Jimmy Graham in Seattle, and can catch. IF Graham goes down he could become relevant. He's only 26, though.
:shrug:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
After the 49ers jettison poo poo hands Vance McDonald, a Blake Bell offense will lead the 49ers, and your fantasy team, to glory.

Nah I'm just joking it's actually STUDFELD

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Tyler Kroft could be a TE2 if Eifert misses time, and long term might be the best there in terms of upside. Probably not useful for a couple years at least, though, until he or Eifert leave Cincinnati. Virgil Green is a longshot for sure, but not much competition so might actually get the job.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jun 16, 2016

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spoeank posted:

After the 49ers jettison poo poo hands Vance McDonald, a Blake Bell offense will lead the 49ers, and your fantasy team, to glory.

The belldozer shall rise again

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Yeah I considered Bell but even in his best case scenario (McDonald dies, he gets the spot, and is also lining up at WR in some packages), it's still the niners. Who is going to throw the ball to him?

e. I'd take him as my TE4 in a MFL10 style league, but in dynasty or redraft, no way.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Azhais posted:

We clearly need more negativity here.

Thread: Which of these TEs should I pick up as a flyer as I find myself with only one 31 year old in my dynasty league and only Temarrick Hemmnigway and MyCole Pruitt on my taxi squad :rip:

Luke Willson has hands of stone, but Russell will keep throwing to him as long as Jimmy Graham is out (which could be forever, patellar tears are not to be hosed with). If you're looking for a weekly 3 catches/30 yards output, with the outside chance of a TD, then he's your guy.

Benne fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jun 16, 2016

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah I considered Bell but even in his best case scenario (McDonald dies, he gets the spot, and is also lining up at WR in some packages), it's still the niners. Who is going to throw the ball to him?

e. I'd take him as my TE4 in a MFL10 style league, but in dynasty or redraft, no way.

Best case is chip goes for 2 every time and uses the belldozer the way God intended

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Metapod posted:

Best case is chip goes for 2 every time and uses the belldozer the way God intended

So, 12 times this season? OK

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

So, 12 times this season? OK

Moral is not high in the belldozer camp

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Belldozer is a long term play let's be clear here. The Niners won't have Yo Gabbert Gabbert forever.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Dion Sims ain't a bad flier if and when Jordan Cameron breaks in half on the field this year.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Also it won't take long before the Packers realize that Jared Cook is hot garbage, so don't sell your Richard Rodgers shares quite yet.

(Richard Rodgers is also hot garbage but at least Aaron trusts him in the red zone)

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

My favorite Richard Rodgers statistic is that he got like 12% of his fantasy points on the season from that Hail Mary against Detroit.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Spoeank posted:

My favorite Richard Rodgers statistic is that he got like 12% of his fantasy points on the season from that Hail Mary against Detroit.

Against literally the worst Hail Mary defense of all time.

Richard Rodgers was the ultimate "gently caress it, everyone else is on bye" TE streamer last year.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
So without Peyton throwing ducks do you guys see dt having a good year?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Metapod posted:

So without Peyton throwing ducks do you guys see dt having a good year?

He'll be good, but I think we've already seen his peak. The drops worry me -- his big selling point is a target monster with YAC potential, but whoever Denver QB is could lean on Sanders more if DT doesn't get it together.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Anyone think Dennis Pitta has a shot? I know he wants to come back

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Azhais posted:

Anyone think Dennis Pitta has a shot? I know he wants to come back

He's had more hip surgeries than the average senior citizen. I'll be surprised if he makes a 53-man roster again.

E: Not trying to be glib, I've been hyping Pitta as a sleeper for years. But that many hip injuries in that short of a span is just too much, it's probably better for his long-term health if he hangs it up. :(

Benne fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Jun 16, 2016

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

The following information is being presented without any filtering or reaction:

Tajae Sharpe ahead of DGB on the early depth chart.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Okay now I can react :laffo: DGB :laffo:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The Tennessee wr order should not be taken seriously until preseason because no one loving knows :bang:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Rotoworld's Pat Daughtery is a long-suffering Rams fan and you can probably tell who writes the Rams blurbs on that site

quote:

Jared Goff will enter training camp No. 2 on the depth chart.
Ladies and gentlemen, coach Jeff Fisher. It's the worst kept secret in the NFL that Goff will be under center in Week 1, but Fisher needs to get his "competition" money's worth. Fisher also said Sean Mannion will get first-team reps in camp (lol).

:allears:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Metapod posted:

Tennessee should not be taken seriously until Mike Mularkey is fired.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

I don't disagree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Metapod posted:

The Tennessee wr order should not be taken seriously until preseason because no one loving knows :bang:
Basically this. Reports said DGB was dealing with a tweaked hamstring about a month ago and his overall game lacks refinement in general, so I'm really not too surprised he hasn't been looking smooth in practices. Coaches/front office wanting to send a message makes sense to me as well. Mularkey was pretty transparent about the effect he wanted to have on DGB/Hunter.

Mike Mularkey posted:

"I am hoping they are taking it personal, and they are going to come back in here in better shape, and better prepared and healthy and ready to go out of the gate,’’ Mularkey said when asked about Green-Beckman and Hunter. “(We want to see that) from the first practice on.”

Let's see what happens when the pads come on first. The rookie is running against air in non-contact practices at the moment and we know DGB's athleticism can play at the NFL level so I'm still inclined to buy him as a breakout candidate. If DGB's stock is trending downward though, it'll probably be Rishard Matthews who trends up.

• Locked thread