Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Lizard Wizard posted:

C'mon man, you're not even god-king yet.

Seen similar stuff in Sweden. Right-wing racist party don't like what the "established" press digs up about them, so they either treat them horribly at press events (like refusing to give them chairs to sit on) or they specifically ban certain reporters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

BigglesSWE posted:

Seen similar stuff in Sweden. Right-wing racist party don't like what the "established" press digs up about them, so they either treat them horribly at press events (like refusing to give them chairs to sit on) or they specifically ban certain reporters.

Can you actually do that though? I thought there was a thing where you couldn't actually ban the press and have meetings and poo poo behind closed doors? Or am I just completely wrong again?

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

BigglesSWE posted:

As a proud bernout and someone who for a flash of a second considered voting trump. Ahahahaha no he's proven time and again that he's a fascist. I'll vote Hillary without a shred of hesitation.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

:clint:

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

IamnotJoe posted:

Guns don't kill people. Gun Owners kill people. Let's just ban Gun Owners.

You know a gun never killed nobody
You can ask anyone
People get shot by people
People with guns

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Canada is garbage when it comes to First nations issues, and one major problem here is a section of highway in northern British Columbia where a lot of women have gone missing or been murdered. The provincial government has finally put a bus route along this stretch of highway to try and prevent more women from being murdered. Most people see this as a good thing. Not so much for this one cheapskate rear end in a top hat. The response to him is even more horrid. No anonymity for the guilty here.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Huh. I drove that highway on the way back from Alaska via the ferry system back in 2005. I had no idea that was a thing.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

As we all know, no-one who has ever fired a gun has suffered from PTSD.

Elpato
Oct 14, 2009

I hate to spoil the ending, but...some stuff gets eaten, y'know?

RFC2324 posted:

I've heard more than a few military guys point out that its stupid to trust a base full of 18-22 year olds who have been trained to kill at the drop of a hat. They have constant brawls on bases, and having those guys armed is not a good idea. Most weapons, down to and including fixed blade knives, are typically banned on bases unless you are on duty at the moment.

In my experience (from living on base/being enlisted), you can have personal guns and other weapons in your home, but you can't just have a weapon on you unless you are assigned a duty that requires that weapon. You also have to qualify with that weapon to a certain degree of proficiency before they issue it to you.

Folks that live in the barracks have to lock up their weapons in their unit's barracks unless they are taking it to the range. This is for a multitude of reasons, chief among them security (due to proximity) and the typical barracks dweller is young and immature. The policies may just be dependent upon which base you are talking about.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Nuebot posted:

Can you actually do that though? I thought there was a thing where you couldn't actually ban the press and have meetings and poo poo behind closed doors? Or am I just completely wrong again?

I would have thought a private organisation (such as a political party) could have private events where they invite whoever they like and can keep anyone out who they don't like? Being a journalist doesn't give you the right to barge into private events.

Elpato
Oct 14, 2009

I hate to spoil the ending, but...some stuff gets eaten, y'know?

Tiggum posted:

I would have thought a private organisation (such as a political party) could have private events where they invite whoever they like and can keep anyone out who they don't like? Being a journalist doesn't give you the right to barge into private events.

You are correct. Every candidate has a gaggle of reporters following them, but candidates have been choosing which members of the press can and cannot have access to their presence for a long time.

Immolat1on
Sep 9, 2005

Tiggum posted:

Yeah wasn't this the whole thing with Mitt Romney's speech about 48% of the country being leeches? That was a closed republican event thingy that the press wasn't supposed to hear.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

For a good time jump on twitter and search #filibuster. It is 49 supportive tweets, then one "oh yeah, dems love to filibuster things like the CIVIL RIGHTS ACT". 49 support tweets then a "never seen a libitard do any work, this is a surprise". Good stuff.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Elpato posted:

In my experience (from living on base/being enlisted), you can have personal guns and other weapons in your home, but you can't just have a weapon on you unless you are assigned a duty that requires that weapon. You also have to qualify with that weapon to a certain degree of proficiency before they issue it to you.

Folks that live in the barracks have to lock up their weapons in their unit's barracks unless they are taking it to the range. This is for a multitude of reasons, chief among them security (due to proximity) and the typical barracks dweller is young and immature. The policies may just be dependent upon which base you are talking about.

That's pretty much the entire reason they have people in the barracks lock up their personal weapons in the vault. Anyone who's seen the poo poo combat arms soldiers get up to in the barracks would want their guns locked up. Every unit I was in required the commander's written permission to withdraw your guns and then you had to have them back by the end of the duty day, so basically only during leave because the unit armorer isn't going to be there on the weekends. Some guys did have friends who lived off-post store them to avoid the hassle.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

You DON'T see mass shootings at
  • Gun free Christmas tree farms
  • Gun free cemeteries
  • Gun free plumbing supply stores
  • Gun free ophthalmologists' offices
  • Gun free gem shows
  • Gun free gravel lots adjacent to pay-to-park structures
  • Gun free relay races for charity
  • Gun free Denny's restaurants in which there are two Denny's in town and everybody goes to one because the other is "the dirty one"

is the dirty denny's not gun free?

i dunno why but the dirty dennys bit made me laugh pretty hard

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

snergle posted:

is the dirty denny's not gun free?

i dunno why but the dirty dennys bit made me laugh pretty hard

You know the dirty dennys when you enter it.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Noun Verb 9/11

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
"Man, why did those people have to be gay, now I have to go back to 9/11 again to make my point"

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Blind Pineapple posted:

Noun Verb 9/11

I...uuuuh...what?

What's the argument here? More guns on airplanes? Can we really be that stupid? Can out species really produce such ignorance?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

BigglesSWE posted:

What's the argument here? More guns on airplanes? Can we really be that stupid? Can out species really produce such ignorance?

The 9/11 hijackers killed thousands of people without guns, so therefore restricting access to guns wouldn't actually prevent any mass shooters from killing fifty people.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Can we just go ahead and make 9/11 a national holiday where everyone enjoys fantastic sales and a three-day weekend? It's been fetishized for just about anything at this point, let's just say "Happy 9/11!" to each other and move on.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
You'll need a moment of silence.. to reflect on this BRAND NEW CARRRRRR

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
A second sale has just hit the tower and our prices are crumbling!

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Jet fuel can't melt our deals!

Gather all your Loose Change and come check out our brand new 2016 mattresses!

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Watch Macy's start a loving sale.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010
9/11 terrorists killed thousands of people without any guns, just planes. Now if everyone on that plane had their own plane this wouldn't have happened.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

9/11 terrorists we interviewed recommend sensodyne.

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

Blind Pineapple posted:

Noun Verb 9/11

I don't recall tens of thousands of rednecks going out and buying Boeing 767s after 9-11.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

BigglesSWE posted:

I...uuuuh...what?

What's the argument here?

Looking for an actual argument in a Facebook macro ? C'mon you should know better.

EmmyOk posted:

9/11 terrorists we interviewed recommend sensodyne.

Perfect :golfclap:

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Oh Hell No posted:

I don't recall tens of thousands of rednecks going out and buying Boeing 767s after 9-11.

I'd like to see them try.

Seriously, it'd be hilarious.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
She was bleeding in the ambulance while this was tweeted. Classy as gently caress.

https://twitter.com/brokLI_farts/status/743433286605643777

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Bad guys with planes will be stopped by good guys with planes. Duh.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Considering the absurd amount of airstrikes the US has conducted in the middle east, I'd say they indeed fought planes with planes.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Come on, in a real shooting situation you wouldn't be able to get your plane out of your blouse in time to do any good :rolleyes:

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
Olympic gymnast posts a picture of a 16-year-old female gymnast's rear end with the caption “My sport has its moments.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/louis-smith-carly-patterson-sexualisation_uk_57627949e4b03f24e3db404a?xaiz4cxr

(public page, cba hiding names)

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Oh, here I thought the outfits were for flexibility. Silly me.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Labour mp Jo Cox has been shot and stabbed and is now in critical condition in hospital. There are eyewitness reports of the attacker shouting Britain First (a far right organisation) during the attack.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Brawnfire posted:

Oh, here I thought the outfits were for flexibility. Silly me.

Yes, because men wear the exact same thing right? :rolleyes:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

ratbert90 posted:

Yes, because men wear the exact same thing right? :rolleyes:

I don't actually know, who actually picks the outfits? Are they a provided uniform, or the athlete's personal clothing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Brawnfire posted:

I don't actually know, who actually picks the outfits? Are they a provided uniform, or the athlete's personal clothing?

Their more than likely a provided uniform. And I tend to agree; there's no good reason why females wear those outfits and men don't.