Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
That's a good mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

amuayse posted:

This mod is based on the concept of recruiting normal units with magical gear with gold and resources rather than having to forge individual pieces of gear with gems.
Each nation will receive 4 spells in construction at research levels 1, 3, 5, and 7. These spells create a site in a fort that will allow you to recruit a certain unit armed with either a magic weapon, shield, or armor depending on the research level in. While the units are more expensive in gold and resources than normal recruitables, they do not cost gems to create. The duration of the site will depend upon how many extra gems you put into it, and will be lost if you lose the province or the fort.
Currently this mod is focused on the MA and has about half the units done for it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/scsdqezgadwlzgy/ItemUnits.zip?dl=0
Have as much fun as I did writing these descriptions!

This mod looks cool and fun, and I can either start a game using it right now and restrict nation sign-ups to the nations that are finished in the mod, or wait until it is finished. Whatever people think would be best!

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=2927&st=60&#entry22148721

N/F gets a spell that lets ants take over the world.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
I haven't actually tested it in-game, but when I scroll through the .dm, the unit numbers seem to not match correctly the sites and spells in the Item Unit mod

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.

Samog posted:

i put up a MA game named Almonds. anybody can join it. i won't yell at you if you aren't in internet relay chat. don't pick ermor

here it is http://brainwrinkle.net/games/341

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
:siren: hey somebody once made a mod that removes Burden of Time from the game, anybody got that handy?

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

How are u posted:

:siren: hey somebody once made a mod that removes Burden of Time from the game, anybody got that handy?

#modname "BoT-Be-Gone"
#description "Burden of Time is unresearchable."
#version 1.0
#domversion 4.25

#selectspell 913
#researchlevel 10
#end

Tom Clancy is Dead fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jun 16, 2016

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

How are u posted:

It was me, and here you go!

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
Does someone want to take this thread off my hands and put together a new OP? I haven't updated this one in like two years.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Etalommi posted:

#modname "BoT-Be-Gone"
#description "Burden of Time is unresearchable."
#version 1.0
#domversion 4.25

#selectspell 913
#researchlevel 10
#end

you can get research level 10 tho. thats not unresearchable

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

jsoh posted:

Not in any reasonable game. And certainly not early enough to affect the outcome.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

jsoh posted:

If someone manages to pull off getting to research 10, they deserve to cast BoT, and the rest of the world deserves to suffer under it for letting them get into a position they could do that.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Cast Burden of Time

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
And then go AI

Defeatist Elitist
Jun 17, 2012

I've got a carbon fixation.

fool_of_sound posted:

And then go AI

tbh if all you want to do is spread misery you can skip the part about casting BoT and just do this turn 1

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

and then never play

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Leperflesh posted:

and then never play

But that's the only way to win the game. And whats miserable about winning? :confused:

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

jsoh posted:

Wait, really?

What poo poo is hiding at research level 10 for each school??

Barono
May 6, 2007

Rich in irony and most satirical

How are u posted:

Wait, really?

As I recall the trick is to have enough research to go from research level 8 to 10 in one turn, which is a stupidly large amount of research, especially in Dom 4. It's only relevant for construction though, as construction 10 is where all the event/rare province unique items are. Seeing as how none of them are that exciting it's more of a weird bug/easter egg than anything.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

How are u posted:

Wait, really?

We should really make a mod with crazy spells at level 10.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Research of War mod level 13 research

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Blah

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

TheDemon posted:

Does someone want to take this thread off my hands and put together a new OP? I haven't updated this one in like two years.

This is a good plan but who amongst us is anal-retentive enough to compile a brilliant and beautiful OP

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Dominions Four: The OP

This is the thread for Dominions Four, a computer game made by Swedish team "Illwinter" that you can buy on Steam. It's sometimes on sale.

Please talk about Pro MLG strats, mods you've made or run across, or games you're in (but not stuff like deals which lives in the PGS thread).

Do not talk about IRC drama (our IRC is here and is very important). We probably do not care if someone is elf double hitler in one of your games, either.

Have a wonderful time in the thread.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

I Love You! posted:

This is a good plan but who amongst us is anal-retentive enough to compile a brilliant and beautiful OP

I mean all you really have to do is copy theDemon's OP wholesale and just edit out anything that doesn't exist anymore (like any mention anywhere of TenjouUtena :v:)

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

ChickenWing posted:

I mean all you really have to do is copy theDemon's OP wholesale and just edit out anything that doesn't exist anymore (like any mention anywhere of TenjouUtena :v:)

at least 3/4 of it is inaccurate because it's for dom3 and the rest is outdated or incomplete it's a pretty brutal thing to face down also we need at least 2 pages of text dedicated to hating people that don't irc even in singleplayer

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

I Love You! posted:

I nominate the previous head moderator of the Spore wiki. Samog this is what you were born for.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Samog does have the highest talking about dominions to actually playing dominions ratio of any qualifying human in history

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:agreed: :same: :yeah:

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

I Love You! posted:

Samog does have the highest talking about dominions to actually playing dominions ratio of any qualifying human in history

willus.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Barono posted:

As I recall the trick is to have enough research to go from research level 8 to 10 in one turn, which is a stupidly large amount of research, especially in Dom 4. It's only relevant for construction though, as construction 10 is where all the event/rare province unique items are. Seeing as how none of them are that exciting it's more of a weird bug/easter egg than anything.

this is wrong now btw all of that poo poo was at 10 for dom3 but theres nothing at 10 in dom4 unless you put it there your own self

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Nuclearmonkee posted:

I nominate the previous head moderator of the Spore wiki. Samog this is what you were born for.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

I Love You! posted:

at least 3/4 of it is inaccurate because it's for dom3 and the rest is outdated or incomplete it's a pretty brutal thing to face down also we need at least 2 pages of text dedicated to hating people that don't irc even in singleplayer

It's not a very good OP it was written when I was much more prone to word vomit than I am now.

I think 90% of it can be cut, the biggest work part is updating the resources list and adding, say, links to common mods.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

jsoh posted:

willus.

QUALIFYING player

TheDemon posted:

It's not a very good OP it was written when I was much more prone to word vomit than I am now.

I think 90% of it can be cut, the biggest work part is updating the resources list and adding, say, links to common mods.

it was good when dom4 was new but now we're all angry bitter vets and everything we ever thought is stupid and wrong and we're trash for thinking it

It would be great if we could put together some detailed writeups on magic and pretender design that are more up to date but ehggggggggggg

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

After playing this game for a while now, it seems to be really hard to give strategy, because a lot ends up coming down to that particular game, the situations you're put into such as, which nations are IN the game, which nations are your neighbors, and when vanheim is your neighbor, did he decide to roll over you with blessed vanheres, or did he be friendly.

I mean, there's stuff like x/y/z nations SHOULD take a bless, or they should prioritize skeletonpocalypse etc. But after the first few "power slots" of a nation, it becomes a game of pulling some poo poo out of your rear end that your opponent does not seem to expect.

my 2 cents, I'm bad.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

MF_James posted:

But after the first few "power slots" of a nation, it becomes a game of pulling some poo poo out of your rear end that your opponent does not seem to expect.

When this works it is my favorite part of the game.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Ramc posted:

When this works it is my favorite part of the game.

well i have some good news for you if we're the last two players in corn somehow

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
hi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

MF_James posted:

After playing this game for a while now, it seems to be really hard to give strategy, because a lot ends up coming down to that particular game, the situations you're put into such as, which nations are IN the game, which nations are your neighbors, and when vanheim is your neighbor, did he decide to roll over you with blessed vanheres, or did he be friendly.

I mean, there's stuff like x/y/z nations SHOULD take a bless, or they should prioritize skeletonpocalypse etc. But after the first few "power slots" of a nation, it becomes a game of pulling some poo poo out of your rear end that your opponent does not seem to expect.

my 2 cents, I'm bad.

well yeah but for a brand newbie you don't really need to know much more than "skeleton good, ponyman good, roman bad" for your first couple games

• Locked thread