Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Sage Northcutt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Hoping Wonderboy can pull out the win on Saturday.

It's a drat crime Tyron got the title shot over him after kicking Hendricks into next year, and racking up the KOs that preceded it.

I want to see him and Robbie fight and I'm worried it won't happen if he gets knocked down the rankings by Rory.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Wonderboy runs a karate dojo where they bow to the stars n stripes and all do the pledge of allegiance :psyduck:

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Yeah that sounds like most karate/tae kwon do dojos

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
I think that it's important to remember that hendricks is a midget with t rex arms, while rory is the same height and apparently has an inch of reach, and a good sense of range. Styles make fights so I don't expect to see anything like the hendricks fight.

He's still gonna throw a lot of kicks but he's probably gonna get jabbed and leg kicked a lot too.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Rory is going to have a much easier time than Hendricks in forcing Wonderboy to fight in the pocket, where he has a history of being dropped, and I think he'll be better at getting Wonderboy clinched up and taken down to the floor.

I think it's a very tough fight for Thompson.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Maybe Robbie broke Rory

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

-Atom- posted:

Maybe Robbie broke Rory

First fight back after a fight like that is always a question mark. He's had a lot of time off and he's young, though.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Rorys reactions to losing to Condit and Robbie were both like yeah, I lost, it was the greatest moment of my life. Not even classy in defeat type stuff to me, it seemed like he was sincere. Aside from Hughes I think he might have the least Devastated in Defeat response Ive ever seen

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Wonderboy runs a karate dojo where they bow to the stars n stripes and all do the pledge of allegiance :psyduck:

Me too, except we bow to a JPEG quality Carlos Gracie Sr photo in an Ikea frame and we all do steroids

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Bundt Cake posted:

Rorys reactions to losing to Condit and Robbie were both like yeah, I lost, it was the greatest moment of my life. Not even classy in defeat type stuff to me, it seemed like he was sincere. Aside from Hughes I think he might have the least Devastated in Defeat response Ive ever seen

I'm fairly certain Rory has said insane serial killer level things about his loss to Condit

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

-Atom- posted:

I'm fairly certain Rory has said insane serial killer level things about his loss to Condit

It was the clothes

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

MMA Snack Rating: I was only following orders

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Bundt Cake posted:

MMA Snack Rating: I was only following orders

He reaaalllllyyyy doesn't want to go to the judges

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Tonight's guest judge is from Nuremberg

fuckfuckfuckfuck

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Rory MacDonald: I'm Dick Tracy...

... take that Pruneface!

Now I'm Prune Face...

Take that Dick Tracy

Robbie Lawler: Now I'm Prune Tracy...

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
lol

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Team Claudia went 7-1 on TUF. What a crazy season.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

https://twitter.com/UFCFightPass/status/743307121249267712

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
swanson vs kawajiri has potential to be fuckin incredible. they are two of the meanest fighters I know. Definitely gonna get tickets to that SLC card.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
cub swanson is a guy that can always pull a loss out of his hat, even against jens pulver, but featherweight is a young man's game and crusher is getting older and slower. i don't fancy his chances.

also however odd and emotionless rory can seem at times it's clear he really, really loves fighting, even if it ends in him getting his rear end beat

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I was really confused because Court is on the card and his nickname is also The Crusher and I forgot that's what Kawajiri's was too. That's pretty funny.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Sharzak posted:

swanson vs kawajiri has potential to be fuckin incredible. they are two of the meanest fighters I know. Definitely gonna get tickets to that SLC card.

Cub is bad enough to get wrestled on for 3 rounds but I think Kawajiri at 145 doesn't carry the same strength or power or cardio he had at 155 so I got Cub by KO there. Also he's old as poo poo now.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Fix the search, radium

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Triticum Guzzler posted:

also however odd and emotionless rory can seem at times it's clear he really, really loves fighting, even if it ends in him getting his rear end beat

he likes combat

p sure that's it. the only hobby I have heard about is airsoft so it checks out

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
When does Chael's suspension end? Pretty soon, right?

Even though he has been saying he is done for the last two years I don't buy it for a second. If (when) he jumps back in, what part of his formula does he follow? The call out the guy at the top part of the formula or the call out the weakest opponent that makes the biggest payday formula?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Captain Log posted:

When does Chael's suspension end? Pretty soon, right?

Even though he has been saying he is done for the last two years I don't buy it for a second. If (when) he jumps back in, what part of his formula does he follow? The call out the guy at the top part of the formula or the call out the weakest opponent that makes the biggest payday formula?

Why not both?

homercles
Feb 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/jeremybotter/status/743422912741285888

Not sure how i feel about this. Feeling like a goof actually.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:woop:

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

homercles posted:

https://twitter.com/jeremybotter/status/743422912741285888

Not sure how i feel about this. Feeling like a goof actually.

they better not gently caress this sport up.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I still don't believe there's a full sale going on if they're selling any of it at all.

Edit: unless they have knowledge that the ali act is actually getting extended and their current business model is about to collapse anyways.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
Um it's probably happening. I mean ithere's a chance maybe the sale doesn't go down, but you really wouldn't come this far in the bidding process to just go "nope just kidding fellas." I mean YOU CAN but it'd be dumb thing to do for as long as these companies have been trying to get in on it.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

-Atom- posted:

they better not gently caress this sport up.

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012
Hope y'all are ready for the super fight between McGregor and Kunlun Fight's fake shaolin monk Yi Long.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I can't believe Dana White would liahaahahahahahahahahahaha

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

I still don't believe there's a full sale going on if they're selling any of it at all.

Edit: unless they have knowledge that the ali act is actually getting extended and their current business model is about to collapse anyways.

Tr33 posted:

Um it's probably happening. I mean ithere's a chance maybe the sale doesn't go down, but you really wouldn't come this far in the bidding process to just go "nope just kidding fellas." I mean YOU CAN but it'd be dumb thing to do for as long as these companies have been trying to get in on it.

Meltzer covered this in detail on this morning's podcast for anyone that's a subscriber and yeah, he definitely sees this as a serious intent to sell at this point. He also discussed the hardly insignificant possibility that new owners could easily gently caress up the company VERY quickly, although he thinks there's a good chance that Dana would stick around for a while.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!

Yup. That's where I heard it. Meltzers really been on the ball about this the whole last month. Even if you have no interest in pro wrassles Observer has some pretty top notch MMA coverage so worth checking out for any of you looking for more sources of news.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Tr33 posted:

Yup. That's where I heard it. Meltzers really been on the ball about this the whole last month. Even if you have no interest in pro wrassles Observer has some pretty top notch MMA coverage so worth checking out for any of you looking for more sources of news.

Historically he's been very good about reporting buy rates and fairly good about corporate-level business dealings, and then very average to bad on accurate and timely reporting for just about anything else. Has this actually changed, because I'd be surprised if so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
the chinese kickboxing companies are doing well enough to make a name for themselves and attract tv ratings that would make any other country on earth cry but they're still all small time. if there's any chinese investors bidding they're going to be firmly from property or banking.

• Locked thread