Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

I picked it up for $32 because I am scum who uses G2A. Now to see what the new class actually does. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roc
Nov 8, 2010
Honestly the elite specializations are probably cooler

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Reaper is really fun and you owe it to yourselves to try it at least once. :getin:

E: You even have a multitude of flavors! "Shouts Alot" Reaper, "Summons pals" Reaper, "Rots everything" Reaper, "Heal friends via Murder" Reaper, "Tanking" Reaper... :skeltal:

Thyrork fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jun 15, 2016

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

CLAM DOWN posted:

i love you

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Thyrork posted:

Reaper is really fun and you owe it to yourselves to try it at least once. :getin:

E: You even have a multitude of flavors! "Shouts Alot" Reaper, "Summons pals" Reaper, "Rots everything" Reaper, "Heal friends via Murder" Reaper, "Tanking" Reaper... :skeltal:

Reaper is good fun

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Revenant has a neat theme and some cool skills, but now I am debating between boosting an Elementalist or Necro up. Does anyone have any good recordings of Reaper gameplay? I already have a feel for Elementalist.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Getting a true feel for Elementalist is learning all the downed state abilities

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
Ah yes, I see that the legendary armor precursors are 1) ugly, 2) skintacular on females (and heavily covering on males).

Either way, get ready for lots of white human females in all-black precursor armor with their snow auras and raven staves and names like Vyxsin Nightboobs

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Is it the experimental envoy stuff? It's kinda boobtastic for human females, but there are better options out there, and the legs are of course a giant poof of a skirt.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Best part of Wing 3: Leyline Rollercoaster!

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

does anyone know when the summer quarterly update is happening

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Pictures of the legendary precursor armor and new raid rewards

Armor is kinda bleh, the heavy is the best imho. The reusable mesmer portal is kinda cool but isn't there already a toy that does that?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Another boob top, just what I always wanted for my ranger.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Eltoasto posted:

Armor is kinda bleh, the heavy is the best imho. The reusable mesmer portal is kinda cool but isn't there already a toy that does that?

That's a lot of boob

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the armor genuinely is disappointing because for the most part it literally just falls into the same boring poo poo that a lot of the other armor sets do. whoever the hell is in charge of design for them is incredibly uninspired.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

well, these are precursors, right?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

precursor implies that the finished product is just going to be what we have now but with extra particle effects slapped on for the most part

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So shiny boobs?

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

i was going to point to storm/meteorlogicus, but i guess they jazzed up storm? didn't it use to be the boring basic sceptre with wavy blue bits on either end?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Alteisen posted:

So shiny boobs?

Downward facing arrows over the characters face that blink.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

all the precursors used to be mostly unrelated to the legendaries, but they changed them so that they're practically the legendary versions but without the moving parts and whatnot that actually make them the legendary skins

one can assume the armor will work basically the same way, ie: what we see here will get touched up a tiny bit for the final product and have some sparkly bits slapped on, but will otherwise be the really boring poo poo it already is

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Trebuchet King posted:

i was going to point to storm/meteorlogicus, but i guess they jazzed up storm? didn't it use to be the boring basic sceptre with wavy blue bits on either end?

They jazzed up a lot of legendaries, Twilight looks awesome now.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Eltoasto posted:

Thank god, I was desperately worried that we might not have enough medium armor trenchcoats but luckily anet knows what I love, and what I love is obscuring my pant models behind 3/4s of a giant leather dress

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Brain In A Jar posted:

Thank god, I was desperately worried that we might not have enough medium armor trenchcoats but luckily anet knows what I love, and what I love is obscuring my pant models behind 3/4s of a giant leather dress

Also buttflap/-skirts for light armor. Forever. :getin:

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

The bandit executioner wouldn't be a bad fight if it had about 1/3 the health.

Sweet as hell music, though.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
Dulfy has the Construct and Xera fight up on her YouTube channel if you are curious.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

Johnny Joestar posted:

all the precursors used to be mostly unrelated to the legendaries, but they changed them so that they're practically the legendary versions but without the moving parts and whatnot that actually make them the legendary skins

one can assume the armor will work basically the same way, ie: what we see here will get touched up a tiny bit for the final product and have some sparkly bits slapped on, but will otherwise be the really boring poo poo it already is

The lovely envoy armour that is in game should still have a visually enhanced stage II and then a stage III that is the actual precursor armour that looks like the toned down legendary set. Assuming it hasn't been silently suspended indefinitely and they are waiting for a holiday weekend to break the news.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

I popped into an FE for the daily and mapchat was making bee puns

still got it

e:
(I skipped the rest they weren't bad enough)

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
Is there some kind of newish bandit encounter? I got a death threat - surprisingly not from another player - but I had to log out.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
bar bee girl is amazing

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Have goons actually beaten any of the new raids?

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
SFD A-team beat the first boss but didn't try the rest, B-team has no chance in hell but also just hasn't had a raid day yet since the new one came out literally yesterday.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

second boss has a lot going on mechanically and lasts 10 minutes so it's more a matter of paying attention long enough for him to die

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Pretty sure no one from goon or sfd has even beaten ascalonian catacombs yet.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Illuyankas posted:

I popped into an FE for the daily and mapchat was making bee puns

still got it

e:
(I skipped the rest they weren't bad enough)

I'm 99% sure Eau de Rafflesia is a goon.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Dreggon posted:

second boss has a lot going on mechanically and lasts 10 minutes so it's more a matter of paying attention long enough for him to die

Second boss is also pretty buggy so beating him means learning the mechanics well enough to beat him then praying the stupid thing doesn't bug out on you.

Specifically it spawns pairs of adds that fixate on people that you have to pull to the boss and kill, without letting them get close to the other (ie pull one away, pull one to boss). Killing them on the boss strips stacks of a buff, stripping two stacks let's you do some mechanics that let you deal lots of damage to it. The trouble is that the adds randomly won't strip the buff for reasons we can't figure out and think is a bug, and sometimes they will decide to repeatedly change fixate targets over the course of ten seconds or so which makes it REALLY hard to keep them apart if they repeatedly pick targets that will make them run together.

Keep Construct is a very cool boss that's really fun to fight when it's not behaving like a buggy mess. Also the first section of the raid owns bones and is super fun!

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

ItBurns posted:

Is there some kind of newish bandit encounter? I got a death threat - surprisingly not from another player - but I had to log out.

Dulfy says that if you complete one of the bandit bounty events with that item in your inventory, a legendary bandit boss spawns at your position and surrounds the area with an impassable wall.

Aug 24, 2011

Magres posted:

Second boss is also pretty buggy so beating him means learning the mechanics well enough to beat him then praying the stupid thing doesn't bug out on you.

Specifically it spawns pairs of adds that fixate on people that you have to pull to the boss and kill, without letting them get close to the other (ie pull one away, pull one to boss). Killing them on the boss strips stacks of a buff, stripping two stacks let's you do some mechanics that let you deal lots of damage to it. The trouble is that the adds randomly won't strip the buff for reasons we can't figure out and think is a bug, and sometimes they will decide to repeatedly change fixate targets over the course of ten seconds or so which makes it REALLY hard to keep them apart if they repeatedly pick targets that will make them run together.

Keep Construct is a very cool boss that's really fun to fight when it's not behaving like a buggy mess. Also the first section of the raid owns bones and is super fun!

we noticed the fat ghosts (kes named them, it rules) changed fixate targets during the green circle phase right before the soccer match. we're having a bit of trouble with that because you have to cc/kill the goalkeepers but also not let the fat ghosts spawn too much and spawn a red ghost

Kassad posted:

Dulfy says that if you complete one of the bandit bounty events with that item in your inventory, a legendary bandit boss spawns at your position and surrounds the area with an impassable wall.

you can jank your way in and out of that circle if you know what you're doing, or just range the bandit from outside. loot's pretty garbage but it uses the marionette music, which is really cool

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
While there might be a tiny bit of inconsistency with ripping the stacks off Keep Construct, in my experience most people who whine about it being bugged are just not killing them closely enough. You need to kill them more or less inside its hitbox to be sure. Also, for the fat ghosts during the football phase, just focus them down as soon as they spawn so you don't have to worry about mergers. Have one person assigned to move the core, a few more to CC the goalkeepers and the rest kill the ghosts. My guild killed it last night, but couldn't get past the labyrinth event after it. Imagine Sabrina's gym from Pokémon on nightmare mode, it's awful. Also you really want everyone to have the new mastery for that part.

The first event was OK, but I feel kind of ripped off that we're getting another raid wing with only two bosses.

felch me daddy jr. fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Jun 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aug 24, 2011

what does the new mastery help with in that part?

• Locked thread