Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

The flower question really hit me, because I did the exact same thing at an upscale chinese resturant, and I am pretty sure the server was also judging me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Beekeeping and You posted:

The flower question really hit me, because I did the exact same thing at an upscale chinese resturant, and I am pretty sure the server was also judging me.

bullies making people eat bouquets is a loving plague in this sick world.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Prove you love me, eat the rohadendrons!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Someone needs to animate John reading the LJ post.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
You guys weren't kidding about the audience questions at the NY show. Woof.

John's attempt at giving advice, only to have all 3 brothers shout him down and tell him that's not how it's done, was a highlight for me, though.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

SpacePig posted:

You guys weren't kidding about the audience questions at the NY show. Woof.

John's attempt at giving advice, only to have all 3 brothers shout him down and tell him that's not how it's done, was a highlight for me, though.

The lady whose good friend's wife didn't like MBMBAM was sitting in one of the front few rows with him. John got up and walked across the stage to talk to them directly to deliver his "leave your wife" advice, and that's when Griffin was like JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN

I don't even like John Hodgman all that much, but man did he crush the entire audience segment.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Toaster Beef posted:

The lady whose good friend's wife didn't like MBMBAM was sitting in one of the front few rows with him. John got up and walked across the stage to talk to them directly to deliver his "leave your wife" advice, and that's when Griffin was like JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN

I don't even like John Hodgman all that much, but man did he crush the entire audience segment.

oh man that's loving amazing

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
More comic hot takes from the Original McElroy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTbrYsllPOE

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

More comic hot takes from the Original McElroy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTbrYsllPOE

Ew portrait mode, Dad why

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/giant-bomb-live-at-e3-2016-day-02/2300-11375/

griffin appeared on Giant Bomb's live stream late last night and it was a joyous segment. (There were other people there too, so it isn't like a one on one, but it's still fun to watch). Starts at 3 hours 16 minutes.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Got most of the way through today's adventure zone on lunch. It seems preeeetty good. I remember thinking that the last arc had kind of felt on rails, it's cool that he's taking a different approach this time around.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I'm also really enjoying the music for this one. Old west setting and music is absolutely my jam, so I'm excited to see where this goes.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Griffin on the GB stream was great.

"Is this viral marketing for the new Resident Evil? IT SUCKS."

sexpig by night fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jun 16, 2016

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

poor life choice posted:

Got most of the way through today's adventure zone on lunch. It seems preeeetty good. I remember thinking that the last arc had kind of felt on rails, it's cool that he's taking a different approach this time around.

Highlight is Travis(?) saying "Did you base this off of Majora's Mask?"

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

SoupyTwist posted:

Highlight is Travis(?) saying "Did you base this off of Majora's Mask?"

As punishment for figuring out
Griffin's inspiration puzzle he went to hell and died

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/MBMBaM/status/743548319645995008

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Man this gonna be a good adventure zone arc

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Man this gonna be a good adventure zone arc

Yeah holy poo poo, after the ad break and the doctor who comments I kinda felt that's how it was gonna go but this is gonna be so good

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

I kind of wish that all the other podcasts I listen to would stop updating for a while so I could just binge and catch up with the adventure zone like I really want to without getting super behind on everything else. I'm only on episode 17.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Did he post the map anywhere

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
http://theadventurezone.tumblr.com/image/146016423977

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

lets hang out posted:

http://theadventurezone.tumblr.com/image/146016423977

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

lets hang out posted:

https://twitter.com/TheZoneCast/status/743478951712948224

e:Oh, geezers. Way beaten.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Wow he really went for it. Thanks everyone

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

Count me in as one of the people who is extremely excited about this arc. Fuuuck I can't wait for the next episode.

Also, someone drew this already:
https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/743709232348880897

While I'm on Griffin's twitter:
https://twitter.com/TaraLongest/status/743691816948510721

e: there is also excellent fanart of a certain NPC from the new arc already

Stroop There It Is fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jun 17, 2016

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica
https://twitter.com/Scott_DeWitt/status/743874393659609090

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I might be a little slow here, but is the idea that they're going to keep replaying the same day over and over until they get it right?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Somberbrero posted:

I might be a little slow here, but is the idea that they're going to keep replaying the same day over and over until they get it right?

Yeah, they're in a time loop with the goal to find the old woman and are set free to just Figure poo poo Out. Also it might not even be the same "day" - I get the impression they only really have a few hours before things reset! I imagine they'll have a bit more time now that the loop's established to explore though, now that they're not unconscious for an indeterminate amount of time to start with.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
Curious to see how they'll pull off the time loop angle. I've thought about using a plot like that in tabletop, but I was always afraid it would devolve to "okay, we do everything like yesterday up to point X, then we do this instead. Didn't work? Okay, we do it all the same but this time..." type of unfunded gameplay

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Regarding that, I imagine that making it specifically open-world and investigatory mainly over anything else will solve that problem.

Does anyone want to relisten to the episode and specifically lay out the actual timeline of events? Checking out various posts makes it sound like the entire setup is over a single hour and the various events happen every 15 minutes or so, and it'd be nice to see where things line up.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
If I had to guess, each beat they have to hit will probably extend the time they have to solve the overall problem.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

flatluigi posted:

Regarding that, I imagine that making it specifically open-world and investigatory mainly over anything else will solve that problem.

Does anyone want to relisten to the episode and specifically lay out the actual timeline of events? Checking out various posts makes it sound like the entire setup is over a single hour and the various events happen every 15 minutes or so, and it'd be nice to see where things line up.

I think an hour would make sense from the podcasting angle. I bet Griffin keeps the amount of time things take loose with giving the guys the time they need, with the exception of whatever key timeline activities.

I also bet they can eventually get a little Groundhog Day with it, letting the boys "do xyz" and skip to events they still want to do differently. The brothers in particular are mindful of making an interesting listen, I'm sure they can handwave some stuff once the players get a grip on what's taking place.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

I have a theory... remember when Kravitz said he was after them because they had each already died a number of times? Could he have been talking about them dying in Refuge, however that would work with time fuckery? Or was that explained by something else?

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Stroop There It Is posted:

I have a theory... remember when Kravitz said he was after them because they had each already died a number of times? Could he have been talking about them dying in Refuge, however that would work with time fuckery? Or was that explained by something else?

Griffin mentioning that dying "felt familiar" pretty much confirms that this is what Kravitz was talking about. The big question is whether or not he's referring to these deaths or if the party have used the time reversal before and not remembered it

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Do we really have to use spoiler tags for an episode that has already aired?

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

If they play the inverted song of time they'll have plenty of time in each cycle to do whatever they need.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

Guy Mann posted:

Personally I appreciate it because I won't be able to listen to the episode until later but still want those hot mcelroy thread content updates

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Guy Mann posted:

That's exactly what spoiler tags are for. The episode came out yesterday, give people a chance.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

SpacePig posted:

That's exactly what spoiler tags are for. The episode came out yesterday, give people a chance.

TVIV rules are that once something airs it's fair game in its designated thread, that seems like the closest analog since this isn't CD or Games where something might not be out in your market or still be in theaters or be something people are waiting for a sale for.

Personally if I haven't listened to an episode I just, you know, don't read the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Guy Mann posted:

TVIV rules are that once something airs it's fair game in its designated thread

completely different, threads with that rule are about a single show