Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
its v problematic karkat called vriska a fag once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
We can stretch things to the breaking point in order to argue that saying making babies is a heterosexual act as bad, but not be concerned that freak futa's username implies that futas are freaky????

I do wish there was a simple listing of which Internet personalities are possibly the next Eliot Rodgers, people who are basically glen beck if he had a shrine made of amiibos he worshipped at, because I want no association with that type and have been surprised two or three times when I ventured off the forum... Like just point out the obvious here and picking battles and actually thinking about what's important.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
There's always been a contingent of people who make a competition out of taking offense and Tumblr is a haven for dumbass teens so the two groups often intersect. They're all easy enough to avoid.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

On the one hand Hussie's old works are often sexist/racist/problematic and consist mainly of shock humor.

On the other hand his new works are often bland and consist mainly of him paying other people to create Homestuck fan-fiction and fanart.

I guess the moral here is

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
In the mid-aughts shock humor was everyone's Thing. Then we got a black POTUS and something happened. I'm not sure what.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Plom Bar posted:

In the mid-aughts shock humor was everyone's Thing. Then we got a black POTUS and something happened. I'm not sure what.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I want Hussie to team up with Tom Green to make Freddy Got Sburbed

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

gently caress, I kinda ruined the thread there for a bit. Sorry!

Freak Futanari posted:

I want Hussie to team up with Tom Green to make Freddy Got Sburbed
This, however, is a pretty great idea.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

DaveKap posted:

gently caress, I kinda ruined the thread there for a bit. Sorry!

Don't worry about it man, you can't ruin something that's already awful.

What are the odds that the epilogue (or at least the first part of it) is posted on 11/11?

That seems like a far enough away date that Hussie could get something finished by then.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Don't worry about it man, you can't ruin something that's already awful.

What are the odds that the epilogue (or at least the first part of it) is posted on 11/11?

That seems like a far enough away date that Hussie could get something finished by then.

I've been betting on 10/25.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

which year

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Homestuck is finished and if there's an epilogue it will probably be after he's finished the game.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Oh, I'm not falling for that again.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Am I remembering right that one of the kickstarter backer rewards was a copy of Homestuck on some hard media?

I am predicting the epilogue to release in line with that, which probably won't be until the game comes out, or close to it.

I wouldn't be surprised actually if an epilogue were deliberately held off on until the game is near release to drum interest back up.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
The epilogue will be super depressing.

- Karkat died young due to his mutant lowblood lifespan
- Terezi disappeared shortly after the heroes arrived on New Earth, and was never seen again
- After a few years of marriage, Rose and Kanaya get divorced
- Vriska died on the way back to her home planet
- Nothing happens to Calliope and she just hangs around forever
- Jake gets cancer

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

- Jake gets cancer falls into a really large vat of peanuts

e: VVV Compensation, adequate.

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jun 15, 2016

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Maybe this year, but probably the next.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

The epilogue will be super depressing.

- Karkat died young due to his mutant lowblood lifespan
- Terezi disappeared shortly after the heroes arrived on New Earth, and was never seen again
- After a few years of marriage, Rose and Kanaya get divorced
- Vriska died on the way back to her home planet
- Nothing happens to Calliope and she just hangs around forever
- Jake gets cancer

Aradia and the remaining sprites have a big party then start a detective agency together and have lots of cool adventures.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jun 16, 2016

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Aradia and the remaining sprites have a big party then start a detective agency together and have lots of cool adventures.

John dies at the end.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Arsenic Lupin posted:

John dies at the end.

And the beginning, and the middle...

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Wait does this mean we no longer have access to fancy santa or Olive Garden?

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
Trans lesbian here, Hussie's heteronormativity is pretty obvious, and the erasure of non-het reproduction not just in Homestuck but in our culture in general does bother me. I'm glad that tumblr at least documents it, I guess. Thanks to whoever pointed that out.

I still enjoyed Homestuck. Especially with this epilogue I'm reading here.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Lupus Rufus posted:

Trans lesbian here, Hussie's heteronormativity is pretty obvious, and the erasure of non-het reproduction not just in Homestuck but in our culture in general does bother me. I'm glad that tumblr at least documents it, I guess. Thanks to whoever pointed that out.

That is, until zero hour

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Bilirubin posted:

Wait does this mean we no longer have access to fancy santa or Olive Garden?
Correct. Also no soul paintings or using Ryan North's credit card. Though Ryan North's side of it probably still exists.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

DaveKap posted:

Correct. Also no soul paintings or using Ryan North's credit card. Though Ryan North's side of it probably still exists.

Incorrect.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Proof that Ryan North wrote all of it.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Not gonna lie: I would love a Homestuck musical.

Musicals are so great :3:

Yeah but it'd be make Der Ring des Nibelungen look short. The green session is a day, the purple session is a day and a half, with Cascade being the second half of the third day. Then Act 6 is performed over the course of the next week. Act 7 is the cast coming out and bowing.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

WAR FOOT posted:

The more I think about it the more I'm on board for Ryan North writing the game. He's been doing good writing on USG, and now it can be coupled with decent art!

Wait are you complaining about the art in USG? Really? REALLY?

'cause that's just plain wrong. Objectively wrong.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Keiya posted:

I like Erica's (Erika's?) art in USG and that webcomic she collaborated on before that, but I'll be honest that it isn't for everyone.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Keiya posted:

Yeah but it'd be make Der Ring des Nibelungen look short. The green session is a day, the purple session is a day and a half, with Cascade being the second half of the third day. Then Act 6 is performed over the course of the next week. Act 7 is the cast coming out and bowing.

No, Act 7 is when the cast and crew walk off stage mid-song and are never seen again. Some say the actors died, some say they escaped the narrative of reality, most people just say they want their money back.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
I'm actually melting down about how the Olive Garden story is no longer online. I can't loving believe it. It was a treasure. Someone surely has to have a backup somewhere.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Keiya posted:

USG art is hot garbage. it's moon over june art but with Squirrel Girl instead of whatever that is. Every character looks like they have a Glasgow smile.

e: The writing is on point, and amazing.

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Jun 16, 2016

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

GunnerJ posted:

I'm actually melting down about how the Olive Garden story is no longer online. I can't loving believe it. It was a treasure. Someone surely has to have a backup somewhere.

It was on mspandrew.tumblr.com, which, though he's taken it down, fortunately I don't think you can set a robots.txt for

http://web.archive.org/web/20150718100939/http://mspandrew.tumblr.com/post/13585722775/land-of-souls-and-olives-a-conclusion-plmfers

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Tunicate posted:

It was on mspandrew.tumblr.com, which, though he's taken it down, fortunately I don't think you can set a robots.txt for

http://web.archive.org/web/20150718100939/http://mspandrew.tumblr.com/post/13585722775/land-of-souls-and-olives-a-conclusion-plmfers

gently caress yes

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

so good :unsmith:

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

Spellman posted:

That is, until zero hour

TRUTH. Davepeta was the ending we deserved.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Lupus Rufus posted:

TRUTH. Davepeta was the ending we deserved.

To bad they died fighting Lord English. Unless they didn't. They're pretty much schrodinger's catbird.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

At 3PM Eastern on 6/18 (postponed from 6/12) there'll be a livestream of Volume 10 with various members of the Music Team talking over it. https://www.reddit.com/r/homestuck/comments/4nhl95/homestuck_music_team_official_live_stream/

quote:

Who will show up? (Reference this thread for more detailed/serious descriptions of the music team members):
* Marcy a.k.a. /u/shadolith. The puppet master of the music team who has been lurking behind the scenes since the early days. Made a deceptively accurate fake version of Penumbra Phantasm. Mastered the album and somehow also has access to an entire orchestra?? Will be hosting the stream. - Solar Voyage, Renewed Return

* Paige a.k.a. /u/polyromantic a.k.a. just vaporwave my poo poo up, fam. Played another big part in the fake volume 10 hoax by vaporwavifying many a classic Homestuck track. Also contributed to LoFaM 2 and is a living meme. Needs to make more earthbound vocal covers. Will be moderating the stream. - Solar Voyage

* RJ a.k.a. /u/spellmynamewithabang (tentatively, maybe text only) the main driving force in actually putting this whole thing together. Blame/thank him for it! - Freefall, Feel (Alive)

* TENSEI a.k.a. needs no further introduction. Probably won't be around for the whole stream on account of being a filthy euro and needing his sleep. - Ascend, Of Gods and Witches/Of Sylphs and Sekrets

* David a.k.a. /u/ducksual. (Tentatively) Plays a beautiful jazz guitar (not a mean one), worked on Noirscape from Vol. 9 as well as Cyan Beast and Blue Atom from Colors and Mayhem. - Moonsweater

* Jeremy Iamurri a.k.a. /u/solatrus. Did Frost as well as the Prospit & Derse album. Shouldn't need further introducing with tracks like that behind his name. - Starfall

* Yishan a.k.a. Konec0. The drummer from the team dogfight group, obviously best known for the eponymous Dogfight from Volume 9. - You Killed My Father (Prepare To Die)

* Seth Peelle a.k.a. Beatfox a.k.a. Homestuck's very own John Williams. Known for Sunslammer, Courser, Creata, A Taste of Adventure. Makes all around professional quality compositions, so it's almost an honor to have him join us for this. - Creata, Skaian Happy Flight, Conclude

* Erik Scheele a.k.a. Jit a.k.a. THE KEYS WILL NEVER STOP (unless his internet connection is uncooperative). Known for great high concept tracks such as Gamebro and Tribal Ebonpyre but also much more serious and intimate pieces like the ones found on One Year Older.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

To bad they died fighting Lord English. Unless they didn't. They're pretty much schrodinger's catbird.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Davepetasprite, Jasprosesprite and GCatavrossprite were all horrible wastes of time and space in the climax of the comic. It sucked that these classic characters became terrible, and that they contributed nothing to the overall plot. The comic would be richer on a whole if they never existed, and Vriska had not hoarded the kernelsprites.

Lupus Rufus posted:

poe's law has broken me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
eh you'll live, it's only a psychological scratch

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jun 17, 2016