Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Mark Walberg is about to kick the poo poo outta some 20 year old who wants to bang his 17 year old daughter (whatever ages) but kid literally has a laminated card in his wallet detailing age of consent laws all over America so Marky Mark has to let it slide.

"Castle doctrine." *blam*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Mark Walberg is about to kick the poo poo outta some 20 year old who wants to bang his 17 year old daughter (whatever ages) but kid literally has a laminated card in his wallet detailing age of consent laws all over America so Marky Mark has to let it slide.

And the card he pulls out does not describe the law he is citing.

That movie makes my skin crawl.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Inzombiac posted:

And the card he pulls out does not describe the law he is citing.

That movie makes my skin crawl.

I don't remember a single thing about it except the scene where optimus prime rides a robot dinosaur. And that scene was in the trailer. So you could watch the trailer and get the exact same amount of movie I got.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Nuebot posted:

I don't remember a single thing about it except the scene where optimus prime rides a robot dinosaur. And that scene was in the trailer. So you could watch the trailer and get the exact same amount of movie I got.

This scene is the reason I have never seen the film.

For nothing put on film will ever reach the majesty of what "Optimus Prime riding a robot dinosaur" looks like in my imagination. And I refuse to have the image in my head tarnished by Micheal Bay.

Much like I am very wary of the new Ninja Turtles movie, but it has Seamus as Bebop and Krang in it. So I suppose I will have to see it.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Nuebot posted:

I remember that, and the scene where TJ Miller's character, the only likeable character, is killed and turned to dust for no reason.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

DrBouvenstein posted:

I remember that, and the scene where TJ Miller's character, the only likeable character, is killed and turned to dust for no reason.

Stanley Tucci just gnaws the gently caress out of every pixel of scenery and is usually the best part of every lovely movie.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

BrigadierSensible posted:

This scene is the reason I have never seen the film.

For nothing put on film will ever reach the majesty of what "Optimus Prime riding a robot dinosaur" looks like in my imagination. And I refuse to have the image in my head tarnished by Micheal Bay.

Much like I am very wary of the new Ninja Turtles movie, but it has Seamus as Bebop and Krang in it. So I suppose I will have to see it.

I've heard people say it's not good at all, but it is a perfect Ninja Turtles movie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

DrBouvenstein posted:

He's horribly murdered because he betrays the good guys.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Inzombiac posted:

Stanley Tucci just gnaws the gently caress out of every pixel of scenery and is usually the best part of every lovely movie.

Stanley Tucci owns.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Aphrodite posted:

I've heard people say it's not good at all, but it is a perfect Ninja Turtles movie.

I only saw the first one and it was not a good Ninja Turtles movie. It was an ok April O'Neil movie I guess, but who wanted to see that.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

AnonSpore posted:

What the gently caress

I feel like you really don't get the full creepy vibe until you watch it in action
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz9OgW4JAJ8

Why would you put this in your screenplay? How does this endear us to the characters in anyway? Why not just have the guy be the same age as the girl?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

JT Smiley posted:

I feel like you really don't get the full creepy vibe until you watch it in action

Why would you put this in your screenplay? How does this endear us to the characters in anyway? Why not just have the guy be the same age as the girl?

AnonSpore posted:

What the gently caress

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Dr_Amazing posted:

I only saw the first one and it was not a good Ninja Turtles movie. It was an ok April O'Neil movie I guess, but who wanted to see that.

What about the CG one that came out a while ago before the new one where they look like horrible aliens? I liked it but I think no one else did.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Man, the end of the Warcraft movie sure is stupid. The human king is all "Hey half-Orc lady, we're about to be slaughtered but you can kill me to rise in the Orc ranks and try to bring peace between our people." So she stabs him in the back and then does absolutely nothing to bring down the main bad guy, even advising him not to take an action that would cause him to lose command of the Horde. Also I guess the Queen's brother (who is the main human character) is now King? That whole scene was pretty unclear. Another thing that's kind of stupid is that most of the movie is the humans trying to make peace with the Orcs but then you just think back to the opening when a narrator says that Orcs and humans have been at war for years and years.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

muscles like this? posted:

Man, the end of the Warcraft movie sure is stupid. The human king is all "Hey half-Orc lady, we're about to be slaughtered but you can kill me to rise in the Orc ranks and try to bring peace between our people." So she stabs him in the back and then does absolutely nothing to bring down the main bad guy, even advising him not to take an action that would cause him to lose command of the Horde. Also I guess the Queen's brother (who is the main human character) is now King? That whole scene was pretty unclear. Another thing that's kind of stupid is that most of the movie is the humans trying to make peace with the Orcs but then you just think back to the opening when a narrator says that Orcs and humans have been at war for years and years.

What I thought was even dumber was the literal baby moses Thrall scene

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

JT Smiley posted:

Shows that Mark is hella intense but also he's a dad so there's no way to kiss his daughter. Unless you know me (I got that laminate)

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
With Zooey Deschanel I've noticed that she can be incredibly wooden if poorly directed. I watched a Miniseries called Tin Man years ago which had interesting ideas, and a good performance from the supporting cast which included Alan Cummings as the scarecrow character and an interesting take on the Tin Man.

Deschanel plays the Dorothy Gale analog called DG becasue acronyms are edgy. (OZ is now an backronym for "Outer Zone" it's overall a dumb show), and her and the actress playing the chief villain, her sister who is possessed by the wiched witch of the west, are the worst performances bar none. Her sister is played by an actress who's only credit on the back of the box is Scary Movie 5, although to give her credit in a scene where she's at her childhood home and the sister's memories are forcing their way back into her mind, you can tell the actress is trying to do a regretful nostalgia but failing at it due to being a bad actress.

Interesting Ideas:

The Tin Man is an ex-cop from the Emerald City who isn't actually literally made of tin, he is just severely jaded after being forced to relive his family being slaughtered by the villain over and over for years. The Tin Man moniker is a nickname given to the police with the same root as the UK term "Copper".

Alan Cummings plays the scarecrow character, who is interesting because of how the backstory affects Alan's performance. He used to be the queens adviser, the smartest man in the kingdom of Oz but the villain literally stole half his brain to power a superweapon, and his performance is interesting as a result. THere are times when it's obvious that his goofy nature is a coping mechanism, like when they do the old joke where the idiot takes the main character in circles in the woods and they pass the same log three times, and Glitch, as he now calls himself, is clearly distraught that he's forgotten the route that he used to know so well. He chulckes and plays it off with a joke but it's obvious that he is very frustrated with himself due to his mannerisms. There's also a funny part later where him and the Tin Man need to infiltrate the lair of the villain, and Glitch is rambling on about how good a dancer he used to be. The tin man tries to take out the guards and struggles with them then Glitch jumps in and dance fights them to death with a lot of kicks and dodges. His response to the look the Tin Man gives? "It's all about the rhythm :smug:"

The Wizard has been reduced to an addict performing stage shows to afford a substance that the villain is using to cloud his mind, although the original sharp wit occasionally manages to fight it's way through. His actor does a decent job getting the inherent despair across, and helps that character be entertaining.

The cowardly lion character, a psychic dogman called Raw, is one of the weaker performances due to not being given much to work with, but his arc with finding his courage is interesting and somewhat satisfying despite that. His species are empaths, and due to being tortured so the villain can use their psychic abilities the locate the McGuffin (the "Grey Gale") that will make her weapon work and also the only thing that can stop it, has developed an aversion to people in general and has had any assertiveness literally beaten out of him. However, when it comes down to him being captured he is put in a cell with two others of his kind, and old man and a child, his cowardice lets the old man be taken and he doesn't survive the experience. When the guard comes for the kid, Raw finally snaps out of desperation, wrestles the guards cattleprod away from him and tases him with it in a satisfying moment.

The Grey Gale itself in amusing. It is the tomb of the original Dorothy Gale, and when DG enters it she finds herself in Kansas in greyscale, talking to Dorothy's young self. I thought it being so literal was kinda funny.

Overall it is muddled in execution but the good parts are at least fun, even when the CG is garbage. Also the evil sister summons flying monkeys out of her five boob tattoos, when the lead one, Sora, is killed I think that that tattoo disappears. I thought that was hilariously stupid.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Inzombiac posted:

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Stanley Tucci owns.

The only thing irritating about him is that he's not in more films :argh:

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

BioEnchanted posted:

Miniseries called Tin Man years ago...

Presumably you weren't on SA at the time it aired based on your registration date, but the TV/IV thread for that one was a lot of fun. I recall the boob monkeys were pretty much everyone's favorite. And yeah, that was bad, but had some interesting concepts.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010
Dear television and movies,

No one has done anything interesting with the "Why you little (loud noises cover obscenities) on a stack of pancakes" joke since its inception. Coming up with a new random statement to finish things off with doesn't make it a different or new joke. Either figure out how to switch it up or stop using it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

dirksteadfast posted:

No one has done anything interesting with the "Why you little (loud noises cover obscenities) on a stack of pancakes" joke since its inception. Coming up with a new random statement to finish things off with doesn't make it a different or new joke. Either figure out how to switch it up or stop using it.

Wayne's World :colbert:
No, I don't know what "nostalgia" means.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
"...on a stack of pancakes" is really that common of a phrase?

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010
It was my "random statement" to end the deluge of obscenities, hence why it was not funny or clever. That's the whole joke typically, just imagined vile language finished off with a confusing non-sequitur.

And I haven't seen Wayne's World in many years, so that may very well be an exception.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Try waffles next time

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
To be fair Wayne's World was one of the first ones I can remember doing the joke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPc4QZqz4ek

I always loved Wayne nodding along.

Push El Burrito has a new favorite as of 19:01 on Jun 16, 2016

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

dirksteadfast posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmhEXjM7iTw

I think it's the "BUSTER!" in the middle before going right back to the bleeps is what makes this.

ninjahedgehog has a new favorite as of 19:02 on Jun 16, 2016

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
There was that scene in Happy Gilmore where Happy is swearing up a storm & they're bleeping it on TV. The funny thing is that they don't get all the swears so the occasional "gently caress" and "poo poo" gets through.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nHa-9jGi8k

My favorite thing is that this movie aired on ABC Family a while ago and the censor was apparently too lazy to really go through that scene, so it aired with all the swears that leaked through intact. :v:

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

BioEnchanted posted:

The Tin Man is an ex-cop from the Emerald City who isn't actually literally made of tin, he is just severely jaded after being forced to relive his family being slaughtered by the villain over and over for years. The Tin Man moniker is a nickname given to the police with the same root as the UK term "Copper".

Cop and copper is probably from the Latin capere meaning to take rather than from the metal.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AXPnH0C9UA

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Nuebot posted:

What about the CG one that came out a while ago before the new one where they look like horrible aliens? I liked it but I think no one else did.

I thought it was pretty good but it sort of lost steam by the end.

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

JT Smiley posted:

The best part of that scene is, it would be legal in basically the rest of the world :can:

Not really looking to start an argument, but basically any american crime show with statutory rape cases tend to be kind of weird to view, since normally it would not be a crime outside the US (since it's normally cases with a 2-3 year gap)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nobody cares about that part, it's carrying the rape get out of jail free card that's loving weird.

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

Nobody cares about that part, it's carrying the rape get out of jail free card that's loving weird.

oh yeah the scene is really weird and creepy

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Atreiden posted:

Not really looking to start an argument, but basically any american crime show with statutory rape cases tend to be kind of weird to view, since normally it would not be a crime outside the US (since it's normally cases with a 2-3 year gap)

The best part is the writers always use California's age of consent law (gotta be 18), despite the age of consent varying wildly between states, because they do no loving research.

Barney on How I Met Your Mother was always making jokes like "The only reason to wait 30 days to sleep with a girl is if she's seventeen and 11 months old" when the age of consent in New York is 17.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Doesn't appear to work anymore but it used to be if you'd Google "age of consent in japan" you'd get an image of Dennis Reynolds looking at you.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Isn't there some later scene where said rapey dude gets up in Marky Mark's face and yells at him that she's not just your daughter, she's my girlfriend, man!

Like, okay. I want to watch giant robots do poo poo but 90% of the story follows the loving humans!

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Doesn't appear to work anymore but it used to be if you'd Google "age of consent in japan" you'd get an image of Dennis Reynolds looking at you.

Well yeah that's because of the implication.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cowslips Warren posted:

I want to watch (a) giant (gently caress-off) lizard robots do poo poo but 90% of the story follows the loving humans!

Godzilla :argh:

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

I don't necessarily even need more godzilla, just cut like 20-30 minutes of Bland Guy making phone calls and trying to hitch rides.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
There were two perfectly OK humans to follow around but they ignored them to instead focus on two that I could not possibly ever give a gently caress about. Movie could have actually been pretty great, but welp.