Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live
I just can't stop envisioning this retarded scene where it's clear the Boltons are going to beat the Starks, and at their moment of deepest despair, Littlefinger appears at the top of the hill, silhouetted in a beam of sunlight. He rears his blindingly white horse heroically, and waves his arm forward, unleashing a charge of Vale knights that utterly devastate the Bolton army. Later, as Sansa sucks his dick out of gratitude, he winks at the camera.

If I'm not right about 90% of this I'll eat my hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk in Space
Dec 1, 2009
He better be carrying a staff and wearing a wizard hat.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

WampaLord posted:

"These are questions for wise men with skinny arms" is one of the best lines in the show.

Agreed. This is one of the few times that an exclusive to show line actually captured the essence of a character.

Odoyle
Sep 9, 2003
Odoyle Rules!

Suxpool posted:

I just can't stop envisioning this retarded scene where it's clear the Boltons are going to beat the Starks, and at their moment of deepest despair, Littlefinger appears at the top of the hill, silhouetted in a beam of sunlight. He rears his blindingly white horse heroically, and waves his arm forward, unleashing a charge of Vale knights that utterly devastate the Bolton army. Later, as Sansa sucks his dick out of gratitude, he winks at the camera.

Not to toxx or anything but :laffo: this is exactly how I see it happening too

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

there wil lbe a post battle scene of sweet robin hacking away at a dead bolton soldier then looking to LF for approval.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Anyone read that punisher comic where some hoods dug up his family's corpses and they filmed themselves pissing on the skeletons and leaked it to the news, and the comic cuts to some guy in a diner watching it and saying "that dude's going to flip the gently caress out when he sees this" and the next shot is

That's how I picture GRRM every Sunday night whether he admits it or not.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

nooneofconsequence posted:

I've forgotten every Daenerys scene

they're really bad

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

her dothraki plot is probably the one thing that should have been mostly off screen

CytotoxicTrev
Oct 30, 2010

So you see, without my help, they're toast!

El Hefe posted:

The only way the Blackfish would still be alive is if HBO had shown the soldier crossing his fingers behind his back and then winking at the camera and then Jaime eyeing him up like Larry David.

Lmao. It's so true. The subtlety and intrigue from earlier seasons, when the show presupposed an intelligent, engaged audience, is gone now.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Dongicus posted:

her dothraki plot is probably the one thing that should have been mostly off screen

The only thing I liked about Daenerys' show story at all was showViserys.

Dear god that is the most underappreciated actor the show had. He always looked smug, he was loud and annoying, believed himself above everyone else despite being a wuss, he was a complete monster to his sister. HELL, he was Joffrey mk. I.

When Joffrey was still an annoying brat, you were already rooting for Vyseris to die and he had what? 30 minutes total of show time?

And what made him more interesting is the fact that he actually had a tragic past and a reason for being how he was (not saying this justifies it), despite looking confident in the exterior, he always knew no one loved him or respected him, and that people mocked him calling him the Beggar King. Whereas showRamsay is just for the evulz.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Viserys was so grateful when he was holding Dany at swordpoint and the Dothraki finally agreed to give him a crown of gold. I felt bad for the guy, in spite of everything he'd done.

Drunk in Space
Dec 1, 2009
Viserys is pretty much the only time the show has matched my preconceived image of what a character should look and sound like almost exactly, like he literally jumped out of the pages.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

lezard_valeth posted:

The only thing I liked about Daenerys' show story at all was showViserys.

Dear god that is the most underappreciated actor the show had. He always looked smug, he was loud and annoying, believed himself above everyone else despite being a wuss, he was a complete monster to his sister. HELL, he was Joffrey mk. I.

When Joffrey was still an annoying brat, you were already rooting for Vyseris to die and he had what? 30 minutes total of show time?

And what made him more interesting is the fact that he actually had a tragic past and a reason for being how he was (not saying this justifies it), despite looking confident in the exterior, he always knew no one loved him or respected him, and that people mocked him calling him the Beggar King. Whereas showRamsay is just for the evulz.

I was talking about this season.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
I'm going to enjoy the awkward conversation between Jon and Sansa when she tells him that she knew all along that Littlefinger with his superior army of knights was camped just to the South but instead of telling Jon she decided to keep it a secret so that Jon would throw hundreds-thousands of lives away in an desperate attack on Winterfell. But they will probably not talk about it and instead have Sansa behead Ramsay after proclaiming herself the Wardeness of the North.

Oh and the Boltons/Ramsay are stupid as gently caress if they didn't garrison Moat Cailin with anyone, given that he is expecting a retaliatory strike by the Lannisters for one and a half seasons.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Drunk in Space posted:

Viserys is pretty much the only time the show has matched my preconceived image of what a character should look and sound like almost exactly, like he literally jumped out of the pages.

The first season had some terrific casting, I agree that Harry Lloyd stands out as a perfect fit for the role in every aspect but I think Jason Momoa was also a fantastic Drogo.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I think casting is something the show has been pretty strong even in later seasons. The only big clunkers I can think of outside of season 1 main characters are, what, Daario 2.0 and Euron Greyjoy? Even then, Daario 1 was appropriate, and Euron's role had been turned down by Mads Mikkelsen.

I think Charles Dance as Tywin Lannister was the most appropriate casting, but Dance was already known for playing exactly that kind of character.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

sean bean as ned

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Rose Leslie as Ygritte and Christopher Hijvu as Tormund. Ciarán Hinds was great as Mance but he didn't quite match the image of him I pictured in my head when reading about him. He's a bit too old to be infiltrating castles and impersonating bards.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
That we didn't mention Rory McCann yet is a crying shame.

But anyway I was talking mostly about the actor also matching my mental image of the character. I think Sophie Turner might also fit that description and possibly also 10 year old Maisie Williams.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Baka-nin posted:

Rose Leslie as Ygritte and Christopher Hijvu as Tormund. Ciarán Hinds was great as Mance but he didn't quite match the image of him I pictured in my head when reading about him. He's a bit too old to be infiltrating castles and impersonating bards.

I like Ciarán Hinds but I don't think he was a good Mance. He didn't seem to fit his personality. Dominic West would have been perfect on the other hand.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I can't tell if Ramsay is a good Ramsay. Like, he's ugly enough, but kind of not that creepy. It is hard to believe he is really into the hosed up poo poo honestly.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Iwan Rheon is ugly?

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

kater posted:

I can't tell if Ramsay is a good Ramsay. Like, he's ugly enough, but kind of not that creepy. It is hard to believe he is really into the hosed up poo poo honestly.

Show Ramsay is nothing like book Ramsay. Iwan Rheon has given the character a certain boyish charm, a twinkle in his eyes that is completely missing from book Ramsay. Oh and he isn't ugly.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

He looks like a loving potato bud, are you guys joking? The nasty hair goes a long way for me I guess.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Hes cute

Vanellope
Mar 26, 2015

I've just got pixlexia, okay?
Iwan Rheon looks like an average dude to me. I think Kristofer Hivju is hot though so maybe I'm broken.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

I mean, he's average looking for TV, where almost everyone is a 9+ by default. Even Brienne isn't ugly ugly like she is in the books.

I always thought he looked like an evil Elijah Wood, like Frodo felt the corruption of the One Ring and said "Hey, I could really get used to this!"

Joachim1167
Feb 24, 2014

Kajeesus posted:

I think casting is something the show has been pretty strong even in later seasons. The only big clunkers I can think of outside of season 1 main characters are, what, Daario 2.0 and Euron Greyjoy? Even then, Daario 1 was appropriate, and Euron's role had been turned down by Mads Mikkelsen.

I think Charles Dance as Tywin Lannister was the most appropriate casting, but Dance was already known for playing exactly that kind of character.

+1 on Mads as Euron.

I have always imagined Olivia Wilde for Asha and Mark Strong for Stannis.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Suxpool posted:

"Look to my coming on the firsht light of the fifth day, at dawn look to the easht."

I don't know how to spell in Littlefinger's accent but that's how I'm reading it in my head. Also it slightly changes each time I reread it.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

kater posted:

He looks like a loving potato bud, are you guys joking? The nasty hair goes a long way for me I guess.

I don't know what chips you've been eating mate.

Also this.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Nah show Ramsay is not ugly. Alfie Allen is uglier.

He can play book Ramsay too. See John Wick.

Vanellope
Mar 26, 2015

I've just got pixlexia, okay?

Phenotype posted:

I mean, he's average looking for TV, where almost everyone is a 9+ by default. Even Brienne isn't ugly ugly like she is in the books.

Well, beauty is subjective. I don't see anything above average about him at all. He looks kinda like a guy I went to school with, his nickname was Dopey. :shrug:

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I guess you all subscribe to the Daniel Craig school of beauty.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
I think most of the cast fits their character very well. To all the ones already mentioned, I would add Nikolaj, James Cosmo, Mark Addy, Clarice van Houten, Emilia Clark (not a good actress at all, but she does fits the character), Stephen Dillane, Conleth Hill.

Heck, I have a hard time thinking of one actor that looks wrong in his character.

New Daario, obviously. The kids used to be great but now unfortunately they grew too old for their parts and it looks kinda strange, both Arya and Bran. New Tommen was kinda bad too.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

FogHelmut posted:

"Look to my coming on the firsht light of the fifth day, at dawn look to the easht."

I don't know how to spell in Littlefinger's accent but that's how I'm reading it in my head. Also it slightly changes each time I reread it.

Too Connery

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Tommen is great. Note to D&D: show sir pounce before Tommen off his loving self.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Elias_Maluco posted:

Heck, I have a hard time thinking of one actor that looks wrong in his character.

New Daario, obviously. The kids used to be great but now unfortunately they grew too old for their parts and it looks kinda strange, both Arya and Bran. New Tommen was kinda bad too.

When we talk about miscasts, personally I can only think that the new Daario and Euron Greyjoy were not what I expected. In the Daario case it's twice as odd since the old one was just so perfect and smarmy and had a unique look. Euron just looks like Theon's uncle who has spent 10 years in a cave living off fish rather than plundering and pillaging half the world.

Oh, and the first Mountain, who was 100% perfect. Too bad they couldn't keep him.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
The current mountain is pretty amazing.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Current Mountain only works because he doenst have any lines. 1st Mountain was perfect. 2nd was obviously the worst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

whatever7 posted:

Tommen is great. Note to D&D: show sir pounce before Tommen off his loving self.

Hamlet soliloquy, except holding up ser pounce like he's simba.

• Locked thread