Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.

left_unattended posted:

Newest thing in KFC Thailand apparently.

This is weird because I thought that people in Thailand ate both pizza and KFC with knives and forks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Xen Tricks posted:

thought it was the weirdest drat thing that you Aussies all of a sudden discovered something that had been eaten where I live for, uh, idk like 100+ years? Bizarre thing to become a food fad all of a sudden.

Isn't that what pretty much all food fads are? Some completely normal food from one place sold in other places as an exotic delicacy?

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

Tiggum posted:

Isn't that what pretty much all food fads are? Some completely normal food from one place sold in other places as an exotic delicacy?

I mean yeah I kind of thought about that after I posted, any fetishized indigenous food has to look pretty weird to the natives. Still, weird having it happen with something so mundanely familiar, and especially something as plain as pulled pork. Like where does the fad come from, look you know pork right well guess the gently caress what we cooked it slightly different and put BBQ sauce on it, bam food craze

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Xen Tricks posted:

I also remember seeing that trend get posted about in this/the last iteration of this topic and thought it was the weirdest drat thing that you Aussies all of a sudden discovered something that had been eaten where I live for, uh, idk like 100+ years? Bizarre thing to become a food fad all of a sudden.

I thought the same when Americans (re)discovered bone broth

Xen Tricks posted:

Like where does the fad come from

Fads come from the spawns of Satan; marketers

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Xen Tricks posted:

Fair enough, I thought there was something you found singularly revolting about it besides it just being a weird offering from a crappy fast food place. I also remember seeing that trend get posted about in this/the last iteration of this topic and thought it was the weirdest drat thing that you Aussies all of a sudden discovered something that had been eaten where I live for, uh, idk like 100+ years? Bizarre thing to become a food fad all of a sudden.

Australia is obsessed with American food in general at the moment.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I hope Australia's newfound love of American barbecue leads to fascinating new innovations in slow-cooked kangaroo. Please revolutionize our cuisine with your weird animals, friends.

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION

cyberia posted:

That looks more appealing than KFC Australia's newest menu item:

:wtc:

Ugh i went to KFC during a road trip the other day to pick up a zinger and got one of these instead.

Stale bun, kfc coleslaw, and some sauce with pork in. I deserved what i got for even considering picking it up.

Kfc zinger pies though I'd happily welcome back.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

deadly_pudding posted:

I hope Australia's newfound love of American barbecue leads to fascinating new innovations in slow-cooked kangaroo. Please revolutionize our cuisine with your weird animals, friends.

Does a platypus count as poultry? Or does the Beaver tail mean it counts as fish?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Beaver tails are sweet desserts and not fish.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

deadly_pudding posted:

I've had barbecued emu, and honestly it was the best emu preparation I've had, because less dry and stringy than usual.

BBQ EMU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

AlbieQuirky posted:

I've had barbecued emu, and honestly it was the best emu preparation I've had, because less dry and stringy than usual.

BBQ EMU

Yeah, barbecue in general is a slow-cooking process that usually also involves smoking. It's possible to do it without losing too much moisture, and what moisture you do lose can be replaced by sauce. I mean, depending on what you're going for; I've had dry-rub barbecued ribs that were amazing, and way less messy than the traditional "slathered in bbq sauce" way.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Xen Tricks posted:

Fair enough, I thought there was something you found singularly revolting about it besides it just being a weird offering from a crappy fast food place. I also remember seeing that trend get posted about in this/the last iteration of this topic and thought it was the weirdest drat thing that you Aussies all of a sudden discovered something that had been eaten where I live for, uh, idk like 100+ years? Bizarre thing to become a food fad all of a sudden.

A couple of years ago, you couldn't buy anything 'pulled' here in Denmark, and now it's everywhere. Fads are weird.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

:nws:

PyroDwarf
Aug 24, 2010

Pankakke

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

:perfect:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Meat, yellow, yellow, and gizzards. My favorite plate lunch.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

left_unattended posted:

I like that they have people smashing them into each other on the ad. They're either making a toast to their gross fast food, like "cheers!" *smash*, or they're colliding like two rams fighting.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Fish Of Doom posted:

I like that they have people smashing them into each other on the ad. They're either making a toast to their gross fast food, like "cheers!" *smash*, or they're colliding like two rams fighting.

Chizza demolition derby

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

Fish Of Doom posted:

colliding like two rams fighting.

Whoever loses the battle for dominance has to eat the other two pieces.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

deadly_pudding posted:

Yeah, barbecue in general is a slow-cooking process that usually also involves smoking.

Isn't Australian barbecue cooking stuff on a stainless steel griddle?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

#masturchef

tzorilla
Jul 23, 2007
Found some interesting snacks:

No way I was going to buy any of them.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Would, reluctantly :smith:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

deadly_pudding posted:

Would, reluctantly :smith:

I don't eat potato chips any more, but I would have eaten all of them. Camembert and pepper would probably be great.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

tzorilla posted:

Would.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

agreed, would also stack 2 of those KFC chicken parms toppings-side together and go hard on it.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
There's a good reason that not even in France they have camembert or red wine chips

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

titties posted:

agreed, would also stack 2 of those KFC chicken parms toppings-side together and go hard on it.

And we shall call it the triple down.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Put a double down between two of those chicken parms, then put all of that between two more double downs.

Tony Bologna
Sep 21, 2007

Talk real good 'cause I'm smart and stuff

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009

Is that being served on a frisbee? Or some kind of sporting clay?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

EoinCannon posted:

Australia is obsessed with American food in general at the moment.

It's terrible.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

There's a good reason that not even in France they have camembert or red wine chips

Yeah, France is terrible

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

http://www.shearers.com/savory-italian-sausage-peppers-potato-chips
These are delicious.

morelikechloroFUN
Dec 10, 2012

keepn make vido babe boy/ but in real life i break u like a twiggy fucking boy

Titus Sardonicus posted:

Speaking of, I saw this in the funny pictures thread.

:laffo: every time.

I think "add a Cinnabon and two more Cinnabons" is possibly my favorite thing I've ever read

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

left_unattended posted:

I got all excited then realized that's no where near me :(

Scathach has a new favorite as of 07:16 on Jun 17, 2016

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

left_unattended posted:

Yes. Would. Jesus Christ. My body is ready.

cyberia posted:

Spagooter!

is spagooter a thing, or is she just an idiot?

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

tzorilla posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

bringmyfishback posted:

Yes. Would. Jesus Christ. My body is ready.

is spagooter a thing, or is she just an idiot?

I imagine it's like spapeggi and meatballs.